AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-14, 16:20   Link #121
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Of course she'll win. She got the first kiss after all and now she's Kin-chan's official partner. And I mean, just look at the ED credits.
I'm only in this show to see badass Kinji do his thing and see how many girls he can swoon with his alter-ego. I am attempting to block out Aria's scenes as I do not care for her one bit. Having watched anime for 25+ years, it's clear as day who he will pick though, should they end the anime with a pairing. Aria's got this in the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
You never know.... Shuffle! proves that the first girl does not always get to win.
There was actually quite a bit of fore-shadowing in Shuffle. Also Rin picked the one he had the best chemistry with, and the only one who didn't spoil him too much. She was someone who consistently challenged him mentally and physically, as well as emotionally.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2011-05-14, 19:50   Link #122
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
@tsanade666: But that's what we look forward to, right? Things gettin' a little hairy when Shirayuki starts swinging that katana at every girl on the block because they bothered to glance at Kinji.
Now the boring thing is we know Aria won't be killed by a sexy yandere because she's the heroine. D: All I could hope for is ShirayukixKinji, like that'll ever happen. Can't remember the last couple I favored (not neccessarily confirmed together)... I'm out of luck in that department.
Vanish is offline  
Old 2011-05-14, 20:40   Link #123
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Of course she'll win. She got the first kiss after all and now she's Kin-chan's official partner. And I mean, just look at the ED credits.
Not.....quite....necessarily so.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-05-14, 21:25   Link #124
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Spoiler:
broken270 is offline  
Old 2011-05-14, 22:45   Link #125
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Shirayuki will really cut down her rivals. And that's dangerous.
Well, that would make her a thousand times more selfish than Aria, now wouldn't it?
What would she do if hypothetically, Kinji told her he was in love with another girl and wants to be happy with that girl? Cut her down ANYWAY?

I freaking hate characters who are that selfish. They're worse than those bitch rivals in shoujo triangles. If only I could kill each and every one of them....
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2011-05-14, 23:30   Link #126
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well, that would make her a thousand times more selfish than Aria, now wouldn't it?
What would she do if hypothetically, Kinji told her he was in love with another girl and wants to be happy with that girl? Cut her down ANYWAY?

I freaking hate characters who are that selfish. They're worse than those bitch rivals in shoujo triangles. If only I could kill each and every one of them....
You realize you can't apply "selfish" to someone who's clinically insane?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-05-14, 23:43   Link #127
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Aria at least accepted the fact that Kinji didn't want her by his side. Two times actually.
Shirayuki well... she is crazy
__________________
SkyFlames is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 00:52   Link #128
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Shirayuki is Kinji's childhood friend. I believe he stated himself early on she's the only girl he doesn't really mind having around, unless she's going nuts that is.

Anyway, you haven't seen much of Shirayuki yet with just these episodes. She actually manages to be sane and reliable when the situation calls for it later on. She's really only "yandere" for comedic effect so don't take it so seriously.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 03:02   Link #129
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Now the boring thing is we know Aria won't be killed by a sexy yandere because she's the heroine. D: All I could hope for is ShirayukixKinji, like that'll ever happen. Can't remember the last couple I favored (not neccessarily confirmed together)... I'm out of luck in that department.
It seems like most of side-character pairings I go for fail. I really wish a show that I choose to watch would go for the less-obvious pairing for once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Aria at least accepted the fact that Kinji didn't want her by his side. Two times actually.
Shirayuki well... she is crazy
But that just makes her all the more appealing.
__________________

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 04:06   Link #130
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I prefer yandere to tsundere any day. They're safer.

I mean, you more or less know how to play it safe with yandere. Have eyes only for her, maybe throw her a few compliments once in a while, and you're gold. There's even a good chance that, when the pressure's mounting, romancing them a bit can defuse the situation, though I've never seen it tried, for some reason.

Tsundere, OTOH... You can get hit at any time, for any reason. For complimenting her, for failing to compliment her, for looking at other girls, for looking at her... There's really no safe behavior. Credit where credit is due, Aria's actually one of the saner ones, there. Except for the gun wielding.

Plus, accumulation of head traumas's an ugly way to go. I'd rather be beheaded in one clean cut.

And, on an unrelated note, I find Aria's body frankly unappealing. (Why did they even bother with censorship?) Shirayuki's much hotter.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2011-05-15, 04:59   Link #131
AlaAlba
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
the blood where Aria's injured/got shot... where did it go? lol Aria have a super healing ability I guess?
AlaAlba is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 05:06   Link #132
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
She's wearing a bullet-proof uniform. The bullet didn't perforate.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2011-05-15, 05:26   Link #133
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
the blood where Aria's injured/got shot... where did it go? lol Aria have a super healing ability I guess?
It's swallowed by the same White-Hole on her chest that suddenly appears to make it dissapear in indoor lighting.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is online now  
Old 2011-05-15, 05:29   Link #134
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And, on an unrelated note, I find Aria's body frankly unappealing. (Why did they even bother with censorship?) Shirayuki's much hotter.
I guess we can consider the lack of censorship on Riko during her parachuting stunt to mean that the directors are in agreement with us?

I mean, if anything, that has to show they have some sense of refined taste.
__________________

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 08:45   Link #135
zero7090
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
so who said on the last discussion thread that Riko wouldnt want to kaboom the plane?


thx god that at least they make this ep decent
zero7090 is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 08:51   Link #136
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
so who said on the last discussion thread that Riko wouldnt want to kaboom the plane?


thx god that at least they make this ep decent
And what are some Butei going to do to preempt sea launched missile attacks?

Point is moot anyway. Riko herself was obviously never going to tell the pilot to abort take off from the start.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 10:42   Link #137
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I prefer yandere to tsundere any day. They're safer.

I mean, you more or less know how to play it safe with yandere. Have eyes only for her, maybe throw her a few compliments once in a while, and you're gold. There's even a good chance that, when the pressure's mounting, romancing them a bit can defuse the situation, though I've never seen it tried, for some reason.

Tsundere, OTOH... You can get hit at any time, for any reason. For complimenting her, for failing to compliment her, for looking at other girls, for looking at her... There's really no safe behavior. Credit where credit is due, Aria's actually one of the saner ones, there. Except for the gun wielding.

Plus, accumulation of head traumas's an ugly way to go. I'd rather be beheaded in one clean cut.

And, on an unrelated note, I find Aria's body frankly unappealing. (Why did they even bother with censorship?) Shirayuki's much hotter.
I would take tsundere any day. Sure they can be annyoing but at least you can allow yourself to make mistakes. On the other hand with yandere - one mistake and your or the people close to you - are dead meat. You will live always on needles with them.

Besides there are various tsundere types. There are the ones like Aria or Louise, but there are also the ones Sheryl or Madoka...
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 11:41   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I would take tsundere any day. Sure they can be annyoing but at least you can allow yourself to make mistakes. On the other hand with yandere - one mistake and your or the people close to you - are dead meat. You will live always on needles with them.
It's true that if you can't be monogamous, you should definitely avoid yandere like the plague.

Quote:
Besides there are various tsundere types. There are the ones like Aria or Louise, but there are also the ones Sheryl or Madoka...
The latter don't really count as tsundere. Not with the meaning the word's taken on these past few years.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2011-05-15, 12:32   Link #139
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The latter don't really count as tsundere. Not with the meaning the word's taken on these past few years.
Madoka? She does count as a tsundere (I ofcourse mean Kimagure orange road Madoka). If anything tsundere meaning grew broader rather than narrowed itself during the years.

In fact Type B tsunderes always get confused to yanderes because of their similarities. They both are nice and kind, the main difference is that yandere provoked tries to kill, while tsundere only hurt.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2011-05-15, 13:06   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't really remember KOR. Did Madoka hit or otherwise abuse the guy whenever she felt embarrassed?
Anh_Minh is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.