AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-16, 06:02   Link #501
kaigan
Segmentation fault
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
v8 c2 summary & highlights
thanks for this!

Spoiler:
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 11:59   Link #502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
thanks for this!

Spoiler:
Really? I have to explain this?
Spoiler:
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:15   Link #503
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
If what you say occurs, it means I got trolled for the past 7 volumes, and I'll burn the books (well not really, I'll give them away probably).
thanks for chapter 2 !!


Spoiler:


I'm hopeless now about an incest end... because of kyousuke's dialogue with mikagami.. he didn't like kirino in the same way she likes him
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:46   Link #504
kaigan
Segmentation fault
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Really? I have to explain this?
i appreciate to be enlightened in the ways of a gentleman.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:57   Link #505
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Eh...

Through out the series, Kyosuke has already show to be closet pervert. From lusting over Ayase, to getting aroused by Kuroneko, to get shell-shocked by Saori's true looks. Not to mention her fetishes with long black hair and eyeglasses.....

And with all due respect, Kuroneko is his first girlfriend. Any physically able man would be wondering what it would be like to touch a boob. (just not as straight-forward as Kyosuke is)


Though, I love Kuroenko more and more. She also hope that Kyosuke and Kirino can solve what problem they had. I'm getting hopeful that the dream Kyosuke had in the short story would be turn true.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 14:52   Link #506
zeko
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
i think people are over thinking it here

Spoiler:
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 17:47   Link #507
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
yes, massively overthinking it (O.o) and trying to force connections less sturdy than a house of cards.

People have different tastes, over analyze them, and we end up with nutcases suggesting anyone who likes small petite women is a pedophile, or that men who want women with breasts are "looking for mommy" or other such nonsense.

Kyou is a high school boy who is simply excited that he might have someone (Kuroneko) who'd be comfortable cuddling with him. He's awkward and young. Much more than that and the "bringing one's own baggage to the table" issue has to be raised.

Japanese light novels are leave much indirect, implied, or unstated. They tend to read pretty matter of fact. "This happened", "I said blah", "She went to..." . I think the Haruhi books were a bit of a oddity in that much of the text is Kyon inner-discussion with himself. These Ore Imouto books (from what I've seen) are more typical.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 19:10   Link #508
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Agree completely, Kysuke is not a saint, nor a monk, It's natural for a 17 years old to want to touch his first girlfriend's boobs...
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 19:29   Link #509
sleepingleo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Im a fiery supporter of Kyousuke x Kuroneko that's why there is a part that in particular i dont really like and gives me a bad feeling of what might happen in the future, if not already actually happened and is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for v8 c2 summary & highlights:
Spoiler:


Someone tell me im just over-reading between lines. ;-;

Last edited by sleepingleo; 2011-05-16 at 19:30. Reason: typos
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 20:26   Link #510
Garfield4080712
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Im a fiery supporter of Kyousuke x Kuroneko that's why there is a part that in particular i dont really like and gives me a bad feeling of what might happen in the future, if not already actually happened and is this:



Spoiler:


Someone tell me im just over-reading between lines. ;-;


I'm sure Kuroneko meant that she wanted both Kyousuke and Kirino to be able to get along with each other and to be able to have tea as in the drawing with each other without arguing.

Kuroneko doesn't want to get them together in a romantic way that wouldn't make any sense because then it would just negate what she has done up to now with Kyousuke

It makes sense because in volume 7 when Kirino reveals her fake boyfriend Mikagami she gets pissed off at Kirino, because Kirino is trying to anger Kyousuke on purpose. Kuroneko doesn't want them to hate each other but get along with each other. Which is her "Idea World" as in the drawing"

So to me you have nothing to worry about
Garfield4080712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 20:32   Link #511
Maugomale
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Im a fiery supporter of Kyousuke x Kuroneko that's why there is a part that in particular i dont really like and gives me a bad feeling of what might happen in the future, if not already actually happened and is this:



Spoiler:
Well, Kuroneko has known about Kirino's feelings for Kyousuke for quite some time now ("I love you just as much as your sister") and even if it doesn't seem like it, she greatly values the friendship she has with her. I'd rather wait for more details on following chapters, but I do believe there's a chance all she's been doing so far was because she's playing cupid for them.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 20:34   Link #512
sleepingleo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
@Garfiled

That's what i hope, the problem is Kuroneko character has always been an overly symbolism person, even Kyousuke says so himself (from the anime Ep14): "The symbolism is so heavy he can't understand the story of the game". So, having Kirino and Kyo in a pic and no image of her around gives a strange feeling.

I hope too that image is just a "siblings getting along while --lover-- elsewhere".

@Maugomale

If she is playing cupid, what a cruel way to play with Kyousuke too. Put it in blunt words, her actions might be read as she is a two-faced bitch imo. ;-;

Last edited by sleepingleo; 2011-05-16 at 20:36. Reason: replying
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 21:05   Link #513
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Spoiler for Rambling on the Ideal World:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 23:06   Link #514
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
wow wow wow, what's with all these speculations? and regarding the breast thing, as far as I can tell from the illust, for her body size, I think Shironeko Kuroneko is A, not AA. and for some of you youngling horndogs who are wondering, I got to facepalm and say A is not total flatness in the 3D world.

I would reserve my comments for the Ideal World thing. People see what they want to see, though there's little doubt, if not none at all, for the LN readers on how Kuroneko feels.

and I only just started chapter 3 (close to 100 pages), since I was busy clearing Aiyoku no Eustia, which I must say WTF*10 towards the end. but before that, I need to clear some work first. XD

P.S: Geez, can someone who has the LN take over me in the summaries already. XD
__________________

Last edited by larethian; 2011-05-16 at 23:19.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 23:59   Link #515
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
regarding the breast thing, as far as I can tell from the illust, for her body size, I think Shironeko Kuroneko is A, not AA. and for some of you youngling horndogs who are wondering, I got to facepalm and say A is not total flatness in the 3D world.
In another thread, I called A and B cup size "adorable" ... I stand by that definition (and some facepalming as well).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 02:09   Link #516
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
P.S: Geez, can someone who has the LN take over me in the summaries already. XD
Sorry, you're going to have to keep doing this for a while. Even if the Chinese translations have finally popped up... with only Ch4 for some reason >.>

Now, I probably shouldn't be complaining when I translated Vol22 of Index novels from Ch5 as well, but nevertheless it's frustrating to see a new book out but not start at the beginning. Guess this is karma coming back to bite me and shows how much of a hypocrite I am

(At least I gave full summaries of the novel before jumping in to translate, but still...)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 03:55   Link #517
zeko
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
P.S: Geez, can someone who has the LN take over me in the summaries already. XD
your our savior. don't abandon us XD
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 04:13   Link #518
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Seen from the classic drama arc, and taking into account that I do believe that the author knows what he's doing, I'd say that the chances of a Kuroneko/Kyousuke end have just skyrocketed.

Yes, I'm serious.

Why? Because KN's "Arcadia" has now outlined a target ending for Kirino/Kyousuke. Being able to have a tea together, in harmony and peace. THIS is the goal line for them, not any kind of romantic involvement (which would never work out in the first place with their family). And once this is achieved, KN will be the logical choice for a conclusion.

Kirino comforting Kyousuke from the separation pain is an important step in this direction. I think that KN understands that as long as she is keeping Kyousuke occupied as GF, this necessary healing cannot occur. So she's stepping out, at least for the time being.

(All of this is simply based on gut feeling and novel translation summaries, I might be completely wrong - but this is how everything would fit)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 04:49   Link #519
zeko
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Spoiler:

Last edited by zeko; 2011-05-17 at 05:19.
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 04:59   Link #520
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
First, I think we should keep speculations in spoilers.


Second, while we're on the topic of breasts, it is my opinion that Ruri would be lower tier A cup, since it doesn't seem she's the type to go for making her bust look bigger than they are (many girls actually wear a cup that is one size bigger than their actual size, with a small underbreast to keep things on).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.