AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-15, 16:24   Link #941
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
His master spent most of part 1 with his arm in a sling. I wonder if the author's trying to draw some parallel? And Shioon will at last show who's the real disciple of the Nine Arts Dragon? (And at this point, I wouldn't protest if his ki-center is mysteriously repaired and we never get an explanation of why, when, or how. If that's what it takes, just use some freaking divine intervention and have it done with.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:27   Link #942
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
What parallel? Goomoonryong had his arm in a sling and he was kicking ass just the same.

About the ki thing, I'm sure the hermit doctor will be the key to that.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:31   Link #943
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What parallel? Goomoonryong had his arm in a sling and he was kicking ass just the same.
That's what I'm saying - maybe now he's got his arm in a sling, he'll start being a bit more like his master and kick ass. The problem is, he's only got a few seconds of trash talk to get his ki-center back.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:44   Link #944
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It might just me thinking this, but to me this next chapter is going to be a make it or break it for the mangaka. It's already declining in popularity and if he lets Shioon get the shit kicked out of him again by Chung-Ho I think it's going to take an even worse nose dive that might be really difficult to recover from...
Maybe. A lot of people are getting impatient, for sure - and as has been said, bringing Bully-Boy back has done little to improve their moods. Sometimes I wonder just how "in touch" with the fanbase/community that this author is...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 22:01   Link #945
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
maybe the mangaka doesn't want to rush things. After all this is now a weekly series so its different from before.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 00:56   Link #946
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
maybe the mangaka doesn't want to rush things. After all this is now a weekly series so its different from before.
Maybe, but even weekly mangas move at a better pace than this. 30 chapters and one actual fight, where he got creamed (I don't count the fat guy as a real fight). The fight only lasted about 3 chapters, so around 25 more were used for set up, training, him whining about not being in Murim, etc., only to have him get beat down, still not have his ki and then have to face a recycled opponent. In 30 chapters, HSDK had a few fights and you got to see the MC actually grow as it went on. Shioon is stuck in place (a place where he's even weaker than he was before) due to the reset. He alienated a lot of fans by doing that. HSDK may drag on a bit, but that's do to lengthy, but cool, fights and story elements. The Breaker doesn't really have much of a plot right now and what it does have seems to be more focused on characters other than Shioon and what's stalling it is all the exposition, not interesting battles.

As many said, the fight with Chang Ho will go a long way towards determining whether or not he can keep his fans. If Shioon loses, people wil drop it. Especially considering I see a predictable thing where it leads to him returning to the guy to get his ki center fixed and doing something he was completely against.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 01:21   Link #947
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Now that I think about it. He's handicapping Shioon even more so then what he would normally be handicapped. From what we've learned in the past two chapters is that Chungho is just a piss ant and doesn't have any real skills. Now pit him against Shioon as he was when he first faced Ji-Gun. Even with his ki center broken he could probably take Chungho. However, let's cripple Shioon even further by giving him a fractured shoulder before he faces Chungho. It's like he's purposefully setting Shioon up to get his ass kicked. Premature I suppose on that assumption since the outcome is yet to be determined, but it sure looks that way...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 03:43   Link #948
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Maybe, but even weekly mangas move at a better pace than this. 30 chapters and one actual fight, where he got creamed (I don't count the fat guy as a real fight).
Vinland Saga disagress with you. Its monthly and moves even at a worser pace. Still in breaker it is felt stronger because we know how the hero was and how pathetic he is. The difference is a little bit annoying to watch as most of the time he gets himself kicked or saved by others.

Kurenai at least has loli power up even though he still gets 95% time kicked and pissed on, besides he always was an emo loser anyway.

Here we had a pretty good kickass hero who fell really low and it gets tedious to continue reading as the fights are getting repetative with same outcome (he gets kicked or saved by others). Fatso was something new at least so maybe its a sign it will change for the better and that we already have the worst part behind.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:07   Link #949
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Cover for chapter 30 : http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio.do
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:14   Link #950
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Jinie cover huh. Wonder if she's coming to save the princess, or we'll see what's going on with her when she left after some rough play with Shioon...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:42   Link #951
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
I can see the problem with people getting upset about Shioon being weak. Doesn't really bother me TOO much, but it would be nice to see him start learning some skills. I actually don't want him to repair his ki-center. I think it'd be better if his abundance of ki was used in some different way than directly, like a kind of skill to utilize the ki outwardly or something.

Well, I doubt if he'll beat Changho, and I hope that 'fear' that he has is quickly overturned. I don't need to see him quivering in fear of some low-class punk when he's fought practically the best of fighters.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:55   Link #952
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well, I doubt if he'll beat Changho, and I hope that 'fear' that he has is quickly overturned. I don't need to see him quivering in fear of some low-class punk when he's fought practically the best of fighters.
That's a good point. Also Shioon should be able to tell whatever techniques Changho might use like he did in the his previous fight are cheap knock-offs...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 16:07   Link #953
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I can see the problem with people getting upset about Shioon being weak. Doesn't really bother me TOO much, but it would be nice to see him start learning some skills. I actually don't want him to repair his ki-center. I think it'd be better if his abundance of ki was used in some different way than directly, like a kind of skill to utilize the ki outwardly or something.

Well, I doubt if he'll beat Changho, and I hope that 'fear' that he has is quickly overturned. I don't need to see him quivering in fear of some low-class punk when he's fought practically the best of fighters.
If Shioon don't fix his Ki-center,can not fight with people with a fist break a wall...
i agree with you, for the point Shioon need to start learning new skills,but for this, Shioon must fix his Ki-center.
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 16:14   Link #954
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I can see the problem with people getting upset about Shioon being weak. Doesn't really bother me TOO much, but it would be nice to see him start learning some skills. I actually don't want him to repair his ki-center. I think it'd be better if his abundance of ki was used in some different way than directly, like a kind of skill to utilize the ki outwardly or something.

Well, I doubt if he'll beat Changho, and I hope that 'fear' that he has is quickly overturned. I don't need to see him quivering in fear of some low-class punk when he's fought practically the best of fighters.
It's not that he's weak, it's that he didn't do anything until the fat SUC guy. As long as he can fight, I don't care how strong his ki is.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 17:11   Link #955
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Wait a min... Wasn't he poisoned? What happened to that?
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 17:29   Link #956
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's not that he's weak, it's that he didn't do anything until the fat SUC guy. As long as he can fight, I don't care how strong his ki is.
Huh? what about Yoo Gum? Or do you constitute "fight" with him kicking ass without him getting so much as a scratch? I'm not saying this sarcastically, mind you.

I agree. As long as his will to fight does not diminish, I can keep with the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
If Shioon don't fix his Ki-center,can not fight with people with a fist break a wall...
i agree with you, for the point Shioon need to start learning new skills,but for this, Shioon must fix his Ki-center.
Although what you say is highly probably to be true, we don't know this for sure. Kinda like in Veritas, plenty of the main characters claimed that the main protagonist, Gang, could never be able to fight without receiving a shit load of artificial ki(which every other char, sans one, were using). The idea of the main protagonist using artificial ki floated about for a while, but eventually, he found his own way apart from everyone else. I'm hoping for the same thing to happen here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Wait a min... Wasn't he poisoned? What happened to that?
Holy ****! Forgot about that . Maybe he wasn't poisoned after all. Well, it seemed more like a drug to make him kill himself than being poisoned. Maybe I need to re-read that part.

edit:I think the whole thing was a sham, Sera just lied about the drug/poison to provoke him so they can eventually find out who Shioon was affiliated with(or something to that effect).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 19:51   Link #957
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Huh? what about Yoo Gum? Or do you constitute "fight" with him kicking ass without him getting so much as a scratch? I'm not saying this sarcastically, mind you.

I agree. As long as his will to fight does not diminish, I can keep with the story.
I want fights where Shioon can correctly apply his martial arts knowledge. He doesn't have to win. He just has to use techniques that work. His counter against the fat guy was correct. His defensive stance against Yoo Gum was useless.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 19:56   Link #958
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post


Although what you say is highly probably to be true, we don't know this for sure. Kinda like in Veritas, plenty of the main characters claimed that the main protagonist, Gang, could never be able to fight without receiving a shit load of artificial ki(which every other char, sans one, were using). The idea of the main protagonist using artificial ki floated about for a while, but eventually, he found his own way apart from everyone else. I'm hoping for the same thing to happen here.

Well, his ability allows him to essentially seal their ki, making their over 9000 power levels useless.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 02:04   Link #959
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Holy ****! Forgot about that . Maybe he wasn't poisoned after all. Well, it seemed more like a drug to make him kill himself than being poisoned. Maybe I need to re-read that part.

edit:I think the whole thing was a sham, Sera just lied about the drug/poison to provoke him so they can eventually find out who Shioon was affiliated with(or something to that effect).
Even so not 1 word about it since then.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 03:06   Link #960
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Wait... so Sera never gave him the antidote? I just assumed she did.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.