AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-17, 06:22   Link #1
mikejacobs

Send a message via MSN to mikejacobs
Recommendation needed

I am totally bored, nothing to watch and I hate going through threads so I am going to let others to decide what I am going to watch. The first poster gets to decide what I am going to watch unless I have watched it and we'll keep going until recommendations run out. Just so you know, there is a 99% chance that the romance you recommend have already been watched.

The recommendations can be either anime or manga.
I do not mind any genre nor any era.
Old 2011-05-17, 06:37   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

An odd way to seek suggestions, really. You could have at least provided a list of what you've watched, otherwise this might become close to a game/guess what thread. Anway, throwing one: Cross Game
Old 2011-05-17, 06:45   Link #3
mikejacobs

Watched, twice! ^^ And isn't more fun like this, I don't know what people are going to suggest and I am committing to watch it, even if it seems horrible.

*Edit: If I listed what I watched, it would take me all day, I probably watched like 50% of all anime.

Last edited by mikejacobs; 2011-05-17 at 07:00.
Old 2011-05-17, 07:05   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Maison Ikkoku

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-05-17, 07:11   Link #5
mikejacobs

Watched...
Old 2011-05-17, 07:18   Link #6
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

But doing so one may say "Detective Conan" and force you to sit through 600+ episodes and still counting. Or suggest the worse anime he's ever seen.

Well, anyway, since I have posted, might as well try again: Hime-chan no Ribon
Old 2011-05-17, 07:19   Link #7
mikejacobs

Haven't seen that one, will start watching soon ^^.
Old 2011-05-17, 10:18   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This is rather like recommendation roulette. Here are three:

Monster
Dennou Coil
Mononoke

None of these are romances, but I didn't see that as a requirement.
Old 2011-05-17, 12:17   Link #9
Haak
Forever Alone...

*shrugs*

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai.

I also recommend making a MAL profile or something. It might take a while but it'll be a time saver in the long run.
Old 2011-05-17, 12:45   Link #10
kitten320

If going by randmoness...
Mai HiME
Ghost Hunt
Ga-Rei Zero
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Shiki
GTO
Magical Madoka
Fairy Tail (still airing)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox (still airing)
07-Ghost
Bamboo Blade
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Working!!
Old 2011-05-18, 01:03   Link #11
mikejacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
But doing so one may say "Detective Conan" and force you to sit through 600+ episodes and still counting. Or suggest the worse anime he's ever seen.

Well, anyway, since I have posted, might as well try again: Hime-chan no Ribon

Pellissier, do you hate me? Did I somehow rape your dog, killed your wife and burnt down the house or something? Hime-Chan no Ribbon made me froth from how awful it is >>.
Old 2011-05-18, 01:22   Link #12
Forsaken-Waffle
That Goon Day!!

Send a message via MSN to Forsaken-Waffle Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken-Waffle
Hmm how about

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Amagami SS

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou- (Some romance and action And Ecchi i think) grat anime
Old 2011-05-18, 02:09   Link #13
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejacobs View Post
Pellissier, do you hate me? Did I somehow rape your dog, killed your wife and burnt down the house or something? Hime-Chan no Ribbon made me froth from how awful it is >>.
This is the danger of your request! Pulled the bullet on first click it seems

Throwing a random anime in...

Paranoia Agent
Old 2011-05-18, 02:38   Link #14
Ziziphus
Whatever

Do yourself a favor and watch Ookiku Furikabutte if you haven't already!
Old 2011-05-18, 02:47   Link #15
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Pellissier, do you hate me? [cut] Hime-Chan no Ribbon made me froth from how awful it is >>.
It's been one of my all time favourites but I felt in love with it when I was 14 (the same age of the characters). Besides, as I warned you, this was the risk of your "game", guessing from any era and any genre until one gets a right answer? Sorry but you don't even get the right of complaining after that. Besides, you have not given any indications or whatsoever about your tastes.
Anyway, since I figured it would have been troublesome to catch a post 2000 series you hadn't watched, I went with something from 1992, I went with rarity.

That aside, I must stand up in defence of Hime-chan. How many episode did you watch? 1? That anime needs quite a few time to build up.
You can drop it anytime, I didn't suggest it with bad intentions (as I said, it's been a pillar of my adolescence), but I wanted to illustrate the risk of such a request more than anything.
Old 2011-05-18, 02:56   Link #16
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
*loads the cylinder*

FLAG
Eve no Jikan
The Daughter of Twenty Faces
Old 2011-05-18, 02:59   Link #17
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I don't really get what you want though but here:

Mushishi
Old 2011-05-18, 03:15   Link #18
Silverwyrm

Quote:
It's been one of my all time favourites but I felt in love with it when I was 14 (the same age of the characters). Besides, as I warned you, this was the risk of your "game", guessing from any era and any genre until one gets a right answer? Sorry but you don't even get the right of complaining after that. Besides, you have not given any indications or whatsoever about your tastes.
Anyway, since I figured it would have been troublesome to catch a post 2000 series you hadn't watched, I went with something from 1992, I went with rarity.

That aside, I must stand up in defence of Hime-chan. How many episode did you watch? 1? That anime needs quite a few time to build up.
You can drop it anytime, I didn't suggest it with bad intentions (as I said, it's been a pillar of my adolescence), but I wanted to illustrate the risk of such a request more than anything.
Haha now I think I'm gonna check it out myself, I have a soft spot or old 90's anime and they make a great distraction when I am bored/lacking shows like tonight
Old 2011-05-18, 04:48   Link #19
mikejacobs

Quote:

I was just kidding, its an alright anime, just thought it would be funny to post what I said before . Okay, next anime Kara no Kyoukai and then Ghost Hunt. By the way, why is everyone posting dramas and occult horrors, not that I'm complaining, just a bit funny.

Edit: I am going to change the rules a bit, each poster may only recommend 1 anime until after someone else recommends something and also I will set a theme/genre for the recommendation (will change after a few recommendations).

First Theme/Genre: Realistic military, no mechas anime/manga.

Last edited by mikejacobs; 2011-05-18 at 05:16.
Old 2011-05-18, 05:26   Link #20
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Edit: I am going to change the rules a bit, each poster may only recommend 1 anime until after someone else recommends something and also I will set a theme/genre for the recommendation (will change after a few recommendations).

First Theme/Genre: Realistic military, no mechas anime/manga.
Sorry but no, at this point it would actually become a game thread, forbidden by Forum Rules (2.2).

You may be bored, but this is not a correct way to defeat boredom. This thead is locked, if you want to open new threads seeking suggestions feel free to do so but:

1) Specify a definite genre and stick with it.
2) No rules or whatsoever, you ask for suggestions and receive answers.

It's going like this in each other thread in this section, I don't understand why it should be made special here (and at that point, anyone should be entitled to start their own games with their own rules if it had been allowed before).