AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-07, 15:21   Link #1
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko [Light Novel]

The light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is by Iruma Hitoma (author) and Buriki (illustrator)

電波女と青春男
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
The light novel series is already finished with 8 volumes.

Covers:

Spoiler:


A seinen manga adaptation started serialization in the male oriented bishoujo gaming magazine Dengeki G's Magazine on August 30th, 2010. The manga is drawn by Yamane Masato.

Genre: Shounen

Last edited by omimon; 2011-05-07 at 15:43.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 15:30   Link #2
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
From a summary I've seen it looks interesting. Although it wasn't very detailed...

Here's volumes 6 and 7 covers...
Spoiler:
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 15:42   Link #3
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I pretty sure only a small amount of people here have read the series so I'm probably just talking to myself.

I've read maybe half of volume 4, (Erio and Ryuko's past and Makoto's magazine run) and a little bit more than half of volume 7. (Ryuko, Erio, Rocket and Meme delusions) I guess I'm more of a short story reader.

While reading the stories in volume 7 I had this lingering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess its probably because it talks about what could happen in the future. For me the future seems so scary since no one has any idea what it could hold. The one that had the most effect on me was the Rocket story where we see "Makoto" spending his whole life to build this rocket to send his cousin "Gaati" to space. The characters realize that its going to be forty years before they'll see each other again and you don't even know if one of them is going to alive anymore after so many years. It just had this bittersweet feeling to it. The other one where it shows Makoto and Erio together is also kinda bittersweet since we see them as a pair of great-grandparents and everyone they knew in the past are gone. All their friends either disappeared or died and the only family they have are their kids. At least they still had their memories. The Ryuko story was kinda sad too since those two pretty much lost all contact with everyone else. It really brought up the issue of how certain choices would affect your life greatly. It also talked about living with your choices.

Man just thinking about the future is giving me a headache.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-05-07 at 19:42.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 16:09   Link #4
Allen
メインヒロイン
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I've read only the first three volumes and Ryuushi's past from the fourth one. I really like the "climax" of each novel: I Can not fly (1); Meme's "revenge" against God (2) and the Yashiro's meteor (3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I pretty sure only a small amount of people here have read the series so I'm probably just talking to myself.

I've read maybe half of volume 4, (Erio and Ryuko's past and Makoto's magazine run) and a little bit more than half of volume 7. (Ryuko, Erio, Rocket and Meme delusions) I guess I'm more of a short story reader.

While reading the stories in volume 7 I had this lingering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess its probably because it talks about what could happen in the future. For me the future seems so scary since no one has any idea what it could hold. The one that had the most effect on me was the Rocket story where we see "Makoto" spending his whole life to build this rocket to send his cousin "Meme" to space. The characters realize that its going to be forty years before they'll see each other again and you don't even know if one of them is going to alive anymore after so many years. It just had this bittersweet feeling to it. The other one where it shows Makoto and Erio together is also kinda bittersweet since we see them as a pair of great-grandparents and everyone they knew in the past are gone. All their friends either disappeared or died and the only family they have are their kids. At least they still had their memories. The Ryuko story was kinda sad too since those two pretty much lost all contact with everyone else. It really brought up the issue of how certain choices would affect your life greatly. It also talked about living with your choices.

Man just thinking about the future is giving me a headache.
And Iruma really does a good job using his stories to talk about interesting themes: Do aliens really exist? Where are they? Do espers really exist?
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 16:42   Link #5
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
It's really sad that this series is so short but I guess the author wanted to move to another project. Of course I don't think this is going to be the last we'll see of these characters since this series and the one the author is on right now is in the same universe
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 19:57   Link #6
doomknight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I must suppose "Rocket" is the white haired girl right? I wonder why they called the ending with that girl #2559 also it seems very futuristic in the illustration..
__________________
doomknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 20:07   Link #7
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomknight View Post
I must suppose "Rocket" is the white haired girl right? I wonder why they called the ending with that girl #2559 also it seems very futuristic in the illustration..
Spoiler:

Last edited by omimon; 2011-05-08 at 08:04.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 20:21   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's really sad that this series is so short but I guess the author wanted to move to another project. Of course I don't think this is going to be the last we'll see of these characters since this series and the one the author is on right now is in the same universe
Oh? That's interesting....what's his new one called?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 20:28   Link #9
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Oh? That's interesting....what's his new one called?
"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun". There is only one book right now so I actually don't know if that's it or not.

I haven't read all the novels nor have the anime series finish but I'm already missing the series!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 23:25   Link #10
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
He never ends up with Meme?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 00:51   Link #11
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
So the main story ended on volume 6, while volume 7 contains sidestories?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 06:02   Link #12
Allen
メインヒロイン
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun". There is only one book right now so I actually don't know if that's it or not.

I haven't read all the novels nor have the anime series finish but I'm already missing the series!!
Same here. Maybe that's why I just can't bring myself to read the rest of this series. I never heard of Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun, but it looks like that isn't his new project:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
He never ends up with Meme?
The Ending No.5 in the seventh volume is the ending with Meme-tan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So the main story ended on volume 6, while volume 7 contains sidestories?
No, the main story finished on volume 8, while the volume 7 contains some alternative endings.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 08:09   Link #13
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Same here. Maybe that's why I just can't bring myself to read the rest of this series. I never heard of Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun, but it looks like that isn't his new project:

Spoiler:



The Ending No.5 in the seventh volume is the ending with Meme-tan.



No, the main story finished on volume 8, while the volume 7 contains some alternative endings.
The author writes multiple projects so he might be writing this new one and the one I mentioned.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 22:56   Link #14
kemal_1915
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun". There is only one book right now so I actually don't know if that's it or not.
"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun" is (not excatly) a spin-off of "Denpa Onna". Tamako and Tokashiwa are students in Makoto's school. They have appeared in volume 6 already. And they are known as "Baka couple" which like to do "what couple do" in public.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 08:10   Link #15
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
VOl. 8 cover and Erio's SF.

__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 16:27   Link #16
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
is there an ending for each girl or something?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 13:30   Link #17
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
OK. Someone wrote this in sankaku. Is it true or not?

Spoiler for story:
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 18:00   Link #18
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
@:SoFarGone: Yes, there is.

@zato_1one: Thats fake, just look at least to the illustrations. This series isn't of that kind of genre.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 18:37   Link #19
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I know that the illustration looks cute but I still want to ask for confirmation.

By the way, the current progress of anime (episode 6) is in which volume of light novel?
__________________

Last edited by zato_1one; 2011-05-20 at 18:55.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 22:07   Link #20
kemal_1915
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
is there an ending for each girl or something?
Spoiler for ending:


Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
OK. Someone wrote this in sankaku. Is it true or not?

Spoiler for story:
completely nonsense, of course
I can assure you that it is a happy ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I know that the illustration looks cute but I still want to ask for confirmation.

By the way, the current progress of anime (episode 6) is in which volume of light novel?
we're still at volume 2

Last edited by kemal_1915; 2011-05-20 at 22:52.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.