AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-22, 02:21   Link #1001
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sure you can, there are parts of the body that no matter how hard u train you cannot strengthen. i.e. The center of the throat, the eyes, the crotch, the tendons that holds your joints together, the solaplex, the nose, ears, mouth, the pinky, base of tailbone, top of the foot, shins.
Realistically, yes. With the kind of magical martial arts we see here are involved, though... We know the eyes are a weak point, but that's about it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 16:34   Link #1002
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ha! Chang-ho got owned! Well, it's still far from over yet, but does the fact that Shioon did a feet technique mean he's gotten some of his skill back? Or was that just using Murim-in techniques as normal martial arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Sae-hee is the only one of the 3 that's actually ever been called his girlfriend... It's pretty obvious the guy currently cares about Sae-hee more than the other girls. It's not even really debateable. She was his sole reason learning martial arts and he shows the greatest emotional response towards anything that regards her. Both girls know this as well which is why they're insecure in the first place. Whether, she remains the most important person in his life outside of NAD only time will tell.

Looking at it from his point of view it's quite understandable. I mean he had to win Sosul over, and he's always had a brother sister relationship with her, and nothing signifcant has happened between him and Jinnie. They've only spent a small amount of time together in comparison to him a Sae-hee.

Until something signicant happens between him and Jinnie (or rather lots of signicant things..), or he finally see's Sosul as I women it's no wonder why he cares about Sae-hee more.
Of course he would worry about Saehee more; she's the only person who couldn't defend herself from a Murim attack(or even a normal one). Sosul is(or was) in the care of Goom and, formerly, Shiho, so why would he ever worry about her with them protecting her, not to mention having being the head of one of the strongest clans in the Murim. As for Jinie, she's more than capable of protecting herself, but even she has reliable comrades(the two dudes who helped with Yoo Gym) in case of trouble. Compared to those two, Saehee is defenseless.

Second, neither Sosul or Jinie have ever been placed in such a dangerous position that would be liable to rev him up. Given his character, it's just as likely if they were, he would get as emotional about their well-being as Saehee.

Third, Saehee has always been something he responds to AFTER she gets into trouble, else, she's not really involved with him in the view of the story(aside from the beginning).

Last edited by frubam; 2011-05-22 at 16:46.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 16:42   Link #1003
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
well my throughts are simply that shion is just copying the normal skills he had before... right now he does a move similar to foot tech. but normaly it looks way faster.... this is just a fast dodge in spin mode and punch from below....

I guess next chapter will contain little stuff on where jinee is... maybe her new resolve... or noona will appear to help shion :P since I doubt he can handle 5guys alone

still there is a possibility that the 4other skulls retreat as they take too much of attention and the fight might be too much and police will be called... hard to tell...

I would like sera noona to appear than she can touch him as much she wants as he is passed out XD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 16:59   Link #1004
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ha! Chang-ho got owned! Well, it's still far from over yet, but does the fact that Shioon did a feet technique mean he's gotten some of his skill back? Or was that just using Murim-in techniques as normal martial arts?



Of course he would worry about Saehee more; she's the only person who couldn't defend herself from a Murim attack(or even a normal one). Sosul is(or was) in the care of Goom and, formerly, Shiho, so why would he ever worry about her with them protecting her, not to mention having being the head of one of the strongest clans in the Murim. As for Jinie, she's more than capable of protecting herself, but even she has reliable comrades(the two dudes who helped with Yoo Gym) in case of trouble. Compared to those two, Saehee is defenseless.

Second, neither Sosul or Jinie have ever been placed in such a dangerous position that would be liable to rev him up. Given his character, it's just as likely if they were, he would get as emotional about their well-being as Saehee.

Third, Saehee has always been something he responds to AFTER she gets into trouble, else, she's not really involved with him in the view of the story(aside from the beginning).
Errr she constantly hangs out with him and is his only friend.... yeaaah.... The only reason he's not with her during a lot of the story is because of Murim and he sure as hell doesn't want her to get involved. Every other time it's heavily implied he is.

Come on guys I don't even really like her since she hasn't been properly developed at all but it's blatantly obvious he currently cares about her the most. Did the other girls inferiority complexes not make it obvious? It wouldn't even make sense if he was sudenly in love with either of them since one he barely even knows one and the other looks like a small girl and he treats her like a child.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-05-22 at 17:13.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:07   Link #1005
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Saehee is a plot device and nothing more...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:13   Link #1006
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Errr she constant hangs out with and is his only friend.... yeaaah.... The only reason her not with her during a lot of the story is because of Murim and he sure as hell doesn't want her to get involved. Every other time it's heavily implied he is.

Come on guys I don't even really like her since she hasn't been properly developed at all but it's blatantly obvious he currently cares about her the most. Did the other girls inferiority complexes not make it obvious?
Come on, there are hundreds of anime/manga examples out there that show that "love for the childhood friend" is just friendship, nothing more. Any 'newer' girl who likes a guy that has a girl childhood friend is gonna feel inferior, because of the experiences they've had together =0\.

I don't see where exactly it shows that he hangs out with her often or is implied that he does. Feel free to point out any examples to enlighten my vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Saehee is a plot device and nothing more...
LOL
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:16   Link #1007
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Saehee is a plot device and nothing more...
She could easily be made not into one if the author wanted. TBH it's just bad writing to leave her as she is. Even if Shioon doesn't end up with her she's far too pivotal a character to be left as she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Come on, there are hundreds of anime/manga examples out there that show that "love for the childhood friend" is just friendship, nothing more. Any 'newer' girl who likes a guy that has a girl childhood friend is gonna feel inferior, because of the experiences they've had together =0\.

I don't see where exactly it shows that he hangs out with her often or is implied that he does. Feel free to point out any examples to enlighten my vision.


Who do you think he hangs out at school with?

I never said he was in love with her or that he would end up with her, I'm saying he blatantly cares about her more than the others currently, regardless of what those feelings are.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:32   Link #1008
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
She could easily be made not into one if the author wanted. TBH it's just bad writing to leave her as she is. Even if Shioon doesn't end up with her she's far too pivotal a character to be left as she is.



Who do you think he hangs out at school with?

I never said he was in love with her or that he would end up with her, I'm saying he blatantly cares about her more than the others currently, regardless of what those feelings are.
I'd argue she isn't important beyond the role that she already serves. She's the normal girl that knows nothing that happens to be the main character's childhood friend. Shioon wants to protect her and keep her from harm's way because it's something he failed to do in the first series and because he kept worrying her when he was bullied.

I doubt Shioon will be able to stay in contact with her once he becomes a murim. I mean if she was really important to him you'd think he'd call her and talk to her more often but as seen in the first series, he actually had to be reminded by others that she had asked about him. Did he ever contact her on his own initiative? I can't think of a time other than maybe near the early parts of the series.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:36   Link #1009
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
She could easily be made not into one if the author wanted. TBH it's just bad writing to leave her as she is. Even if Shioon doesn't end up with her she's far too pivotal a character to be left as she is.



Who do you think he hangs out at school with?

I never said he was in love with her or that he would end up with her, I'm saying he blatantly cares about her more than the others currently, regardless what those feelings are.
Pivotal? You are making her out to be more than she is. What has she done for Shioon, besides being the catalyst(i.e. bait) to fights? She has never helped his resolve or anything. There was one minor thing near the beginning of part 1 vol1 where he felt ashamed of himself after talking to Saehee a bit when he was told to bring her to the bullies, but that's it. I hardly see her as being an even minor important character, aside from being the bait for him to jump into fights, which, if say, Jinie were beaten up and caught, he would do and act the same.

I also still think you are overestimating his feelings, love or not. He considers her a good friend, no doubt. But you see him get riled up and think that this is a sign that he cares more about Saehee than the other girls, when Saehee is in a totally different position. His mantra to protect her so strongly is more to do with her not being involved in the Murim than some underlying feeling of friendship.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:51   Link #1010
passenger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
she is definetely not his girlfriend. girls do not flirt with bishounens and discuss their sexiness with their boyfriends. Remember the time when smiling blade appered at school for the first time.
on the other hand she may or may not be an object of his desires, still definetely not his girlfriend.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 18:09   Link #1011
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Looks like he's just immune to the "she's not my girlfriend" trope.
So it would seem. A brilliant () way for the author to keep the whole "who is Shioon's true love" question in limbo, no doubt .

Anyway, I trust that everyone knows that A-team has released their version of the chapter?

As for Saehee, I don't see her as all that important. She was the catalyst for Shioon to start "man himself up/grow a pair of balls", but beyond that, she hasn't been shown as all that important. True, Shioon wants to keep her out of harm's way, but that doesn't mean that his feelings (or their relationship) is a romantic one.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 18:09   Link #1012
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Pivotal? You are making her out to be more than she is. What has she done for Shioon, besides being the catalyst(i.e. bait) to fights? She has never helped his resolve or anything. There was one minor thing near the beginning of part 1 vol1 where he felt ashamed of himself after talking to Saehee a bit when he was told to bring her to the bullies, but that's it. I hardly see her as being an even minor important character, aside from being the bait for him to jump into fights, which, if say, Jinie were beaten up and caught, he would do and act the same.

I also still think you are overestimating his feelings, love or not. He considers her a good friend, no doubt. But you see him get riled up and think that this is a sign that he cares more about Saehee than the other girls, when Saehee is in a totally different position. His mantra to protect her so strongly is more to do with her not being involved in the Murim than some underlying feeling of friendship.
Pivotal as in there wouldn't be a story without her, if that's not pivotal then I don't know what is.

I ain't overestimating jack about his feelings, both girls think this. Unless you think they're both wrong and that he clearly thinks of them all equally when he doesn't have a single logical reason to do so. It's like stating that random girl a who I meet down the street is more important to me than my closest friend who I've known all my life and helped me make a pivotal decision.

Shioon has never shown ANY romantic feelings to either of the girls which is why they have inferiority complexes in first place. The girl who he's known the longest and cared about the longest wins by default.
It's basic common sense but shipping bias seems to be blinding people. I don't even care who he ends up with, I just find it funny why people would think that he would care for them all equally, especially considering the blatant signs.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 18:36   Link #1013
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Like I said before she is nothing more then a plot device. Saehee is in trouble, get strong. Saehee's phone is being used by someone dangerous, go after him. Saehee is being threatened by the same someone strong person, go after him again. That's it! Romantic feelings, where? There is no moonlight walks, no gazing into each others eyes and calling each other pet names like baby cakes or pudding pop. Walking home from school and other gushy crap like that. Hell, she knows absolutely zero about him. To say that there wouldn't be a story without her is just downright laughable. Do you honestly think he wouldn't do the same for any of the other girls? She is a side character who we've seen how much in the second part? Blink a couple times and that's it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 18:41   Link #1014
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I ain't overestimating jack about his feelings, both girls think this. Unless you think they're both wrong and that he clearly thinks of them all equally when he doesn't have a single logical reason to do so. It's like stating that random girl a who I meet down the street is more important to me than my closest friend who I've known all my life and helped me make a pivotal decision.
Actually, Shi-oon would quite gladly throw his life away to save the random girl down the street he just met. Which is why he has the harem he has.

Remember the arc in the first season when he went on a joyride to transport a lost kitten to its intended destination?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 18:53   Link #1015
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Actually, Shi-oon would quite gladly throw his life away to save the random girl down the street he just met. Which is why he has the harem he has.

Remember the arc in the first season when he went on a joyride to transport a lost kitten to its intended destination?
That has nothing to do with anything. My point is he has had a long relatively deep relation with one of the girls and the others he hasn't known for nearly as long nor has he shown any romantic interest in.

I don't see how they could possibly be equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Like I said before she is nothing more then a plot device. Saehee is in trouble, get strong. Saehee's phone is being used by someone dangerous, go after him. Saehee is being threatened by the same someone strong person, go after him again. That's it! Romantic feelings, where? There is no moonlight walks, no gazing into each others eyes and calling each other pet names like baby cakes or pudding pop. Walking home from school and other gushy crap like that. Hell, she knows absolutely zero about him. To say that there wouldn't be a story without her is just downright laughable. Do you honestly think he wouldn't do the same for any of the other girls? She is a side character who we've seen how much in the second part? Blink a couple times and that's it...
I see your quite blinded by shipping. I could care less for any of that crap as I don't care who he ends up with, I'm not even arguing that he'll end up with her, I'm just saying he currently cares more about her for very obvious reason that both girls are aware of.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 18:55   Link #1016
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That has nothing to do with anything. My point is he has had a long relatively deep relation with one of the girls and the others he hasn't known for nearly as long nor has he shown any romantic interest in.

I don't see how they could possibly be equal.
It has to do with a lot of things. You keep proclaiming that Shioon's eagerness to come to Saehee's aid is proof of his romantic affection, when it's very obvious he will go to just about any lengths for a random stranger, just as well.

Ergo, evidence busted.

I think he values Saehee quite well enough, as a very good friend he wants to keep out of all the mess he's in, but romantic affection? From the chaste, clumsy Shioon...?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 19:00   Link #1017
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
It has to do with a lot of things. You keep proclaiming that Shioon's eagerness to come to Saehee's aid is proof of his romantic affection, when it's very obvious he will go to just about any lengths for a random stranger, just as well.

Ergo, evidence busted.
Ergo your extremely blinded by shipping. I never said he had romantic affections for her or that he cares about her more because he'll fight for her. I'm saying he's known her a lot longer, she's his sole friend before the manga and is the reason why he's involved in martial arts in the first place. As a friend it puts her way way over the over two girls who have he has shown no romantic interest for(at least not yet anyway).

I find it funny that noone has bothered to refute the fact that both girls feel he cares more about Sae-hee than them.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 19:04   Link #1018
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Ergo your extremely blinded by shipping. I never said he had romantic affections for her or that he cares about her more because he'll fight for her. I'm saying he knows her a lot longer, she's his sole friend and reason why he's involved in martial arts in the first place. As a friend it puts her way way over the over two girls who have he has shown no romantic interest for.
Of course I'm the blinded shipper! (Did I even tell you who I ship?) It can't possibly be you.

...

Let's try this again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take
Sae-hee's been called his girlfriend to his face by several characters and he's never once refuted it. If she isn't already his girlfriend, she's pretty dam close to it.

...

I ain't overestimating jack about his feelings, both girls think this. Unless you think they're both wrong and that he clearly thinks of them all equally when he doesn't have a single logical reason to do so.

...

The girl who he's known the longest and cared about the longest wins by default.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 19:06   Link #1019
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Of course I'm the blinded shipper! (Did I even tell you who I ship?) It can't possibly be you.

...

Let's try this again:

The first bits been refuted. I was under the impression they were it turns out they weren't. I could care less. The rest is correct. Unless you somehow want to try to refute it?

You got any more? Because I have plenty for you. In fact it'd probably be easier to find times when you weren't bias.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 19:14   Link #1020
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The rest is correct.
Says...you.

Chaste Hero, learn it, love it. It's a trope made for Shioon. He's someone who'll die for a stranger (and yes to protect a friend), your interpretation of selfish normality has nothing to do with this cutie boy. What is so special about him "caring most for Saehee" when he just as willingly tries to prevent Jinie from having to defend him, only recently during the setup meeting with Sera?

Quote:
You got any more? Because I have plenty for you.
More of what? Plenty of what? Are you being combative for no reason or what?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.