AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-12, 06:56   Link #21
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

While Planetes is my favourite, I really enjoyed Soukou no Strain. It seemed very underrated and generally remained unknown when it aired, and disappeared in to obscurity after it ended, which is a shame because it really was quite good for a single cours run (like Starship Operators).

All of the suggestions so far cover all of the bases, really.
Old 2009-07-12, 20:49   Link #22
Measural

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and that's all i can really say as "the best"
Old 2009-07-13, 13:51   Link #23
grangarian

no one mentioned Vandread, it's one of the top space anime. interesting story idea, good fights, character developement, and of course great graphic. there's a little romance as well.
Old 2009-07-14, 14:42   Link #24
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Souko no Strain is available to watch free on Funimation's website, if the OP is so inclined.
Old 2009-07-15, 19:32   Link #25
Oxtail

Soukou no Strain was an ok watch, though nothing remarkable or groundbreaking, imo. My favorite thing about the show was that it was loosely based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's A Little Princess. I spent a lot of time with the Wikipedia page open trying to see how they interpreted Burnett's characters in a mecha anime.
Old 2009-07-18, 02:20   Link #26
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
That was one of my favorite parts of it, too. The first episode being a major Wham Episode really drew me in as well.

Plus a fairly plausible depiction of what a real-life Humungous Mecha would look like--the Strains are less bipedal mech and more starfighter with bladed arms that fling blobs of exploding glowy green stuff.

Spoiler for spoilery:

The Gambees were much more standard fare, though. Which is something of a mecha wallbanger for me. If all it does is fly through the air and fight in space, why not just go the Outlaw Star route and make a space fighter with articulated limbs? Gundam's real bad about that, and Code Geass R2 too. ^^;
Old 2009-07-18, 02:53   Link #27
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
the original Yoshiyuki Tomino's classic Mobile Suit Gundam series mostly the U.C. ones, as it is the one that started all the Real Robot genre afterall,

but it mostly focuses on the backgrounds of war & why the strong reason behind it, had to happen aswell its effects on the social life of the people involved,

it also tells us about space colonisation, over population issues, social problems, enviromental issues, & next the stage in Evolution of a living organism (e.g. a Newtype), & many more...

& the topic that i most like in the Gundamverse is about we becoming "aliens" ourselves in the process, with our mental condition effected by this so-called stages of evolution, very much like cavemen evolved into modern era humans
GYROZETTER
Old 2011-05-25, 02:28   Link #28
Rahan

Why would you necro a 22 months old suggestion thread ?
Old 2011-05-25, 22:13   Link #29
artquest7@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Why would you necro a 22 months old suggestion thread ?
Maybe it called out to him to raise it from the dead? Anywho I'm glad he did. I got some new shows to look up now.
Old 2011-05-26, 03:44   Link #30
Rahan

Yeah, I was surprised by the necro, I found it weird to bump a suggestion topic merely to add a couple of suggestion but there was really no need to delete the posts. I didn't mean to sound rude.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance