AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-31, 07:15   Link #1
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Noblesse

So wondering is anyone reading Noblesse? It's a Korean webcomic, it's pretty good to say the least. The plot isn't anything amazing yet, but the characters are so good and funny. Probably the best webcomic I'm currently reading(not that I read webcomics ).

RAW can be found here.

Spoiler for Example image:
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 07:58   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Someone finally made a thread of it huh.

This is some seriously awesome cheese, IMO. It's like watching a good summer action movie. The jokes are stupid yet hilarious, the characters are awesome, the plot is actually interesting, the main guy is absolutely glorious, and there's no end to excitement. Sure, this is no Crime and Punishment*, but who's looking for that here?

*the reference actually has meaning: there's a kickass manga adaptation to the classic novel going.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 08:54   Link #3
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Someone finally made a thread of it huh.

This is some seriously awesome cheese, IMO. It's like watching a good summer action movie. The jokes are stupid yet hilarious, the characters are awesome, the plot is actually interesting, the main guy is absolutely glorious, and there's no end to excitement. Sure, this is no Crime and Punishment*, but who's looking for that here?

*the reference actually has meaning: there's a kickass manga adaptation to the classic novel going.
About time no? :P

Yeah it really isn't something that will take the genre to new heights, but it doesn't have to. Never though I'd see the day where I'm actually anticipating the next chapter of a web series. Another plus is that it's free, no need to feel guilty when you read the scans.

OT:Read a few chapters of CaP the story hasn't kicked in yet. W8ing for more chapters to come out before I sink my teeth in it.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 09:09   Link #4
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
OT:Read a few chapters of CaP the story hasn't kicked in yet. W8ing for more chapters to come out before I sink my teeth in it.
Actually I think the authors who are popular enough to become "professionals" get paid by Naver (which is like the major Korean web portal or something) though yeah it's free to read. Some other great new webcomics came out through it too. I'm not completely sold on their business model but it's none of my business either.

Trace was amazing, and I think Tower of God is shaping up to be really interesting. Pink Lady was really sweet (and super popular in Asia) though the author herself asked for the Western fans to stop translating w/o her permission. Noblesse got the most laughs out of me though. Who'd have thought opening a door would be so damned epic, it's even better than eating potato chips.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 09:22   Link #5
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Actually I think the authors who are popular enough to become "professionals" get paid by Naver (which is like the major Korean web portal or something) though yeah it's free to read. Some other great new webcomics came out through it too. I'm not completely sold on their business model but it's none of my business either.

Trace was amazing, and I think Tower of God is shaping up to be really interesting. Pink Lady was really sweet (and super popular in Asia) though the author herself asked for the Western fans to stop translating w/o her permission. Noblesse got the most laughs out of me though. Who'd have thought opening a door would be so damned epic, it's even better than eating potato chips.
Yeah, I'm guessing it's kinda like youtube for comics(without the pirated stuff on it). It seems some of those webcomics do go on to be published. It is an interesting development though the translating of korean webcomics.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 19:54   Link #6
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
This Korean webcomic is badass. The main character is badass. The servent Frankenstein is badass. Almost everything about it is badass.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:04   Link #7
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Nice. About time to see a thread for Noblesse. The author/artist makes Rai so epic even when doing the simplest of things. The comedy is also good mainly due to Rai and the characters reactions. Most of the regular characters are enjoyable as well. Highly recommend anyone to read Noblesse.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 10:45   Link #8
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
It's not exactly deep, but it's worth reading even if only to see Rai's epic mishandling of modern technology.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:45   Link #9
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eden Hall
One of my favourites at the moment. It's a perfect blend of seriousness, sadness and hilarity. And the story may not win awards, but does it's job well.
I should keep an eye out for more webcomics like that. Trace already surpised me before I found Noblesse.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 17:19   Link #10
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
One of my favourites at the moment. It's a perfect blend of seriousness, sadness and hilarity. And the story may not win awards, but does it's job well.
I should keep an eye out for more webcomics like that. Trace already surpised me before I found Noblesse.
Be Heun is one of them, or atleast similar to them, its just that there arent that many chapters out yet.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 12:02   Link #11
Soviet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
This is really really entertaining. A badass 800 year old vampire needs about 5 chapters to figure out how to open the door of the apartment he lives in. The fights are awesome too!
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 21:59   Link #12
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
This webcomic is getting very good right now. I don't want to spoil anything but everyone should get this a read if you haven't already.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 21:02   Link #13
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Patiently waiting for the next chapter...The only webcomic I'm actively following right now.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 21:11   Link #14
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
The excitement is killing me, I cant wait how Rai is going to make his entrance.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 21:28   Link #15
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Waiting every week for the next chapter is torture. Can't wait till Rai meets with the lord lady. She seems mad to say the least.

Really surprised this thread doesn't get much love here.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 03:20   Link #16
Aesthetic Shampoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Next chapter title: SHIT IS GONNA GO DOWN.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 08:43   Link #17
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: T dot Ohhhhhh
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Next chapter title: SHIT IS GONNA GO DOWN.
AGREED!

Fuck, I've been waiting for 187 chapters for a showdown like this.

Bow before your Master!
__________________
"Hey Joe Rogan, there is something you don't know about me...i smoke rocks!!!"
Tyrone Biggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 10:28   Link #18
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Same here. I hope we see Rai in action next chapter.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 11:55   Link #19
Kagayaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Age: 24
The above 3 posts are exactly what I was thinking. This is gonna be good...
__________________
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 00:45   Link #20
Thrillhouse
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
This manhwa needs to have more discussion, this is easily one of the most well written and suspenseful pieces of manga/manhwa out.

Anyone currently up to the latest chapter?
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.