AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-05, 21:13   Link #1521
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

@Javier: I think they already did that schtick in the novels...Start of Vol 5 I think? I distinctly remember some novel pics showing Cecillia cooking chocolate in the kitchen. ...it was terrifying to see her use Ketchup as thickener, to say the least...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 21:18   Link #1522
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That's not valentine. It's in vol 4. The girl are cooking for Ichika at his house. And yes, Cecilia only care about making the food looks good(as in look the same as the picture in the recipe book) without caring about the taste.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 21:21   Link #1523
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That's not valentine. It's in vol 4. The girl are cooking for Ichika at his house.
- And wouldn't it be terrifying when they DO try to cook valentines choco for him, then?

Quote:
And yes, Cecilia only care about making the food looks good(as in look the same as the picture in the recipe book) without caring about the taste.
- Oh no, Cecillia does care--she makes her food taste just like a cookbook.

Actually, I'm thinking about choco---not sure about Houki or Ling---DEFINITELY wouldn't touch Cecillia's chocolate without at least a class-4 Radiation suit and bomb disposal unit.

Charlotte on the other hand might not be so bad (The French and Belgians know their chocolates), and whether Laura can cook or not is made moot by the fact that Charu's going to help her out anyway...
Old 2011-06-05, 21:42   Link #1524
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
AAAARRRGGGHHH Why is nobody I know in Japan at this very moment?!?
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/special/event03.html

I wonder if Minami Kuribayashi is going to be a future voice for a character or is just representing as the opening singer?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 22:23   Link #1525
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
I wonder if Minami Kuribayashi is going to be a future voice for a character or is just representing as the opening singer?
lol, interesting, but who would fit in to her voice?

Quote:
and whether Laura can cook or not is made moot by the fact that Charu's going to help her out anyway...
ahh, of course

Quote:
Just thinking that itn would be hilarious a valentine's day, in which Ichika receives a bunch of "consolation chocolate" from the harem............the funny part would be the antics he would be subjected to
that's a standard harem antic right there, only reason they haven't pulled it is because the events don't fall in to the time of year
Old 2011-06-05, 22:34   Link #1526
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
- And wouldn't it be terrifying when they DO try to cook valentines choco for him, then?

- Oh no, Cecillia does care--she makes her food taste just like a cookbook.

Actually, I'm thinking about choco---not sure about Houki or Ling---DEFINITELY wouldn't touch Cecillia's chocolate without at least a class-4 Radiation suit and bomb disposal unit.

Charlotte on the other hand might not be so bad (The French and Belgians know their chocolates), and whether Laura can cook or not is made moot by the fact that Charu's going to help her out anyway...
Rin is a good cook, just like Houki and Charlotte, it's just that she doesn't care about the appearance of her food(except Chinese food I think, and Chinese food doesn't exactly has the best appearance, unlike Japanese food), so her cooking ends up looking bad but taste good. Laura is a very bad cook(appearance and taste wise).
Old 2011-06-05, 22:48   Link #1527
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Laura is a very bad cook(appearance and taste wise)
charlotte-nee-san will take care of that
Old 2011-06-05, 22:53   Link #1528
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Ahem: Chocolate isn't exactly known to be a Chinese specialty, you know...

Although that bit of info makes me relate to Ling a bit more--I can usually cook well for others, it's just not highly presentable--A friend actually used the term "ofukuro no aji" to describe my cooking. Dunno if it's a compliment or a backhanded insult, but they seemed to like it.
Old 2011-06-05, 22:54   Link #1529
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
lol, interesting, but who would fit in to her voice?

ahh, of course

that's a standard harem antic right there, only reason they haven't pulled it is because the events don't fall in to the time of year
I think kanzashi is more of Minami's role, if we take her prev. ANN roles into account (Akane and Erstin Ho), the shy yet polite characters.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 22:59   Link #1530
justpassingby

In case any of you have some time to spare to read articles instead of LN, here is one interesting exposition from LewRockwell.com. Link. Read the last part of the discourse. It may provide some insight about the theme of IS

Or for a simple one, just use wiki
Old 2011-06-05, 23:21   Link #1531
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ that hit home hard

especially here:

Quote:
I guess, for me, this story means that when we are lucky enough to find a good partner who will love us and accept us for what we are, in-spite of our sometimes stupid and reckless behavior; we had better take a good, long, hard look at that person, before we run off and do something we may regret later... Because we may not be forgiven and taken back.
damn, sound familiar?
Old 2011-06-05, 23:28   Link #1532
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Interesting comparisons. Also, some real-life comparisons to this abound--more than once I've met up with high school classmates who've married and all answered they didn't expect what they finally got--but in the end it was better for them.
Old 2011-06-05, 23:48   Link #1533
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Ahem: Chocolate isn't exactly known to be a Chinese specialty, you know...

Although that bit of info makes me relate to Ling a bit more--I can usually cook well for others, it's just not highly presentable--A friend actually used the term "ofukuro no aji" to describe my cooking. Dunno if it's a compliment or a backhanded insult, but they seemed to like it.
She's not only good at chinese cooking(or at least that's what I thought since she does make a niku jaga in vol 4 which is japanese food), it's just that only at Chinese cooking she can make a "decent" appearance.
Old 2011-06-05, 23:52   Link #1534
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
She's not only good at chinese cooking(or at least that's what I thought since she does make a niku jaga in vol 4 which is japanese food), it's just that only at Chinese cooking she can make a "decent" appearance.
okay, now i really REALLY want to see Volume 4 adapted

i'm a sucker for the "short story" types

PLUS I HEARD IT'S WHERE TATENASHI IS INTRODUCED

oh tatenashi, those delicious red leggings
Old 2011-06-06, 02:36   Link #1535
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Well, Nikujaga is Japanese, but it was originally based on Steak and Potato stew. The only difference being Nikujaga has less meat than expected, so Dashi and Mirin are used to liven up the flavor--I've been practicing with it, but I find that I still put more beef than expectyed (and Dashi is expensive--wish I could make my own, but it's not that easy since I can't afford that much fresh seaweed or bonito).

And granted, stews aren't exactly much for appearances.

Actually, what type of Chinese cooking does Ling excel in? Anyone who's tried their hand at Chinese cooking more or less knows there's some major differences in flavoring and cooking style (For example: Chicken feet in Cantonese cooking and in Szechuan cooking are totally different recipes) . I'm going to take a guess and say Ling's cooking is Cantonese style.
Old 2011-06-06, 04:45   Link #1536
zeroknight03

Preview pics are out.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/news/news.html

It has the volume 4 scene of feeding Charlotte and Cecilia cake and Houki in the bath. I'm probably just hopeful but I see this as season 2 preparation (vol 5-7).
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 05:47   Link #1537
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
- Well, Nikujaga is Japanese, but it was originally based on Steak and Potato stew. The only difference being Nikujaga has less meat than expected, so Dashi and Mirin are used to liven up the flavor--I've been practicing with it, but I find that I still put more beef than expectyed (and Dashi is expensive--wish I could make my own, but it's not that easy since I can't afford that much fresh seaweed or bonito).

And granted, stews aren't exactly much for appearances.

Actually, what type of Chinese cooking does Ling excel in? Anyone who's tried their hand at Chinese cooking more or less knows there's some major differences in flavoring and cooking style (For example: Chicken feet in Cantonese cooking and in Szechuan cooking are totally different recipes) . I'm going to take a guess and say Ling's cooking is Cantonese style.
So far she made Ramen(La mian) and Sweet and Sour Pork. I doubt the author will put that much effort in researching Chinese food just for minor things like this. As for the Niku Jaga, the bad appearance is about the potato. Some of the potato was peeled too much and end up small, and some was not peeled completely and still have some skin left inside the Niku Jaga.

Quote:
okay, now i really REALLY want to see Volume 4 adapted

i'm a sucker for the "short story" types

PLUS I HEARD IT'S WHERE TATENASHI IS INTRODUCED

oh tatenashi, those delicious red leggings
Tatenashi is introduced in Vol 5, not 4.
Old 2011-06-06, 07:41   Link #1538
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Tatenashi is introduced in Vol 5, not 4.
dammit, the infinite stratos wiki isn't too reliable eh?

Quote:
Preview pics are out.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/news/news.html
VOLUME 4 OVA!!!??? AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm probably just hopeful but I see this as season 2 preparation (vol 5-7).
for the anime team's sake, i hope you're right *yandere stare*
Old 2011-06-06, 08:01   Link #1539
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
for the anime team's sake, i hope you're right *yandere stare*
KoreZom just recently got a 2nd season announcement. I see no reason why this shouldn't... for all I'm concerned, it's only a matter of time.
Old 2011-06-06, 08:12   Link #1540
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
for all I'm concerned, it's only a matter of time.
yes, yes...of course, a second season will only be a matter of time hehehe *strokes knife*

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen