AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-30, 12:57   Link #161
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Nice episode review but you made a mistake. The Dothraki live east at the continent of Essos, not South of the Seven Kingdoms.
Duly noted, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's why Cersei (now former Quuen) will be Regent even while Joffery is King.

That being said, good episode (which has been said many times since the episode was previewed a week previous). I do have to say that the early Littlefinger scene went a little too far with the fake sex. HBO isn't Cinemax/Skinmax, so long drawn out fake sex scenes are generally annoying. So, while I loved the dialogue and Aidan Gillen, I felt annoyed by constant pseudo-sex in the background which seemed to almost overshadow our beloved Littlefinger as he waxed poetic over his obsession.

Whatever the case, great episode, good acting, and next week looks to be a killer...86/100.
I think the point here was to contrast the Lannisters with Littlefinger, and their approach to power. Look at what was happening while Tywin and Jaime were speaking, and while Littlefinger was speaking.

Littlefinger is fascinating. He made a promise to Catelyn, but he also wants her to himself. Theoretically it's good for him if Ned is out of they way - but he has to make it look as if his own hands are clean in the matter.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 15:35   Link #162
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I saw the ending coming from a while away, but the ending was still incredible. I don't feel any animosity toward Littlefinger, he had the courtesy to warn Ned countless before betraying him, it's not his fault he didn't listen.

Agreed. I don't like it when they had sex scenes simply for the sake of adding sex scenes. The fanservice is getting as subtle as a ton of brick. Yes, they can show penises and breasts on HBO. That doesn't mean they have to. Sometimes I feel like they do it simply because they can.
Welcome to HBO. They like adding sex scenes just to prove it.

Still, this is coming to be epic. What sucks is the first book was just the buildup. The real wars start in the second book. Wonder how long it will take for the second season to air. I mean, we are about to have a civil war where a bunch of people will claim title, an invasion from 'barbarians', and a very long winter which will bring things worse than any of them.

Last edited by TigerII; 2011-05-30 at 16:18.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 17:14   Link #163
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's some funny pics called "Stupid Ned Stark"
Old 2011-05-30, 17:35   Link #164
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:

Lol

His honour is certainly getting in the way of logic.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 20:59   Link #165
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hey wanna help me skin the $hit out of a freshly killed deer?

Man, my jaw needs to be laser-guided back into it's normal position after this ep...Ned Stark...What can one say?

Sean Bean might get an Emmy nomination for this episode, if only for the absolute best "I'm puzzled beyond belief" - faces he had at nearly every penultimate moment of the swift decisions this episode...Dude looked like he ordered the best chardonnay in the restaurant, and they brought him a effin Zima, all damn episode...

Man, he didn't ask for any this...Bound by his loyalty to the Oafish King (whom I'm quite pissed was written out of the story via offscreen bore-murder, daf**k? ) he flipped his life upside-down, and nearly lost his son in the process because 2 twin sluts had to have road-sex (Just couldn't wait to get back home to poke your sis eh Jaime, the Vahjayjay-Slayer?)...Ned Stark I feel for you wolf-homie...Your playing checkers while everyone else is playing Chess on Crack...Looking back on it Cersei might have given you a good deal (GTFOKTHXGBYE BRB@WINTERFELL)...

Littlefinger, Aiden Gilliam was exceptional this episode, especially the pseudo-sexual scene inwhich we learn his true self...Then again as he checkmated Ned Stark after imploring to him not to trust him...Great irony that chap possesses...And that guy who tried to assassinate the Savage Queen, his endgame was funny as hell, but after seeing Hangover 2 yesterday I've seen entirely too many unexpected junk-shots this weekend so I was crying while laffing...

And to the people complaining about HBO going too far on the sexual stuff, if you want your geeky medieval fantasy shows treated with respect and absolute awesomeness, then deal...This isn't the book, it's a visual presentation...I'm sure plenty a reader had their own fantasies about the brothels and what not and added their own inappropriate mental-spice to certain scenes...If a random viewer stops the channel on HBO because they see two chicks auto-delighting one another and they discover this great show in the process, then you should probably be thanking HBO...

As usual so much more to say...Jaime, I hate him, but damn it if his new costume didn't look cool, and dammit if he's the main baddie, it be nice if he actually had more screentime than the hay-wench the last 3 episodes...

But watcha gonna do now Ned? The failed assassination attempt might be his only card from where I sit...That must be why baldy will give him visit...Can't wait til next episode...No more Zima for Ned Stark though!
Old 2011-05-30, 22:08   Link #166
mysterious

Quote:
It has always please me to see such idiots meets their end. Well it doesnt matter to them anyway right, as long as their honor still intact, their family's welfare is just a insignificant concern Really, stupidity comes in all shape and form.

For those that reads the books, can you spoiler me as to whether that royal whore and her son-of-a-bitch will die or be punished?
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 22:39   Link #167
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, I just watched the opening scene again with Tywin and Jaime and noticed that he grasps his sons' face with the same hand he'd been using to flub the guts of that poor poor buck...I would have seriously backed away from him, no matter the importance of that moment...Good job by the actor of keeping his $hit together while being grossly touched^^...He should have sold it with a snifface though...
Old 2011-05-31, 00:19   Link #168
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Well, out of ten the only one that counts is Number 2.
I agree that it's Ned's most terrible decision.
But it has nothing to do with "honour".

Number 1 and 4 can be considered "mistakes" too.
But given Ned's personality there's no way he could make other choice.
And if not for Number 2 everything could still work.

The rest are either untrue or irrelevant
Old 2011-05-31, 07:16   Link #169
Kallen4life

haha I lol'ed at those pics

nice ep, the skinning and Drogo (Drago ?) impressed me

also, some friends said that the part where The Wall guy confesses about some lord wanting his cock, wasn't in the book .. in the book he had some affair with the lord's daughter or something or other .. HBO making some point ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:57   Link #170
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I just have to say that I loved Drogo's rant near the end of episode 7 in particular. The actor they got for him has been crazy into that role since the moment he first appeared on screen, but that was something else. Hell I'd follow him across the sea in a heartbeat.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 16:24   Link #171
james0246

^I've enjoyed Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo so much I'm actually a little excited for the upcoming Conan remake (which stars Momoa in the titular role). Momoa has certainly come far from the awful Stargate: Atlantis series...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 23:52   Link #172
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Episode 8 preview:
Old 2011-06-01, 18:59   Link #173
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Man I was eating dinner at the beginning of the episode, I'm amazed how indifferent I was to the butcher scene.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 21:47   Link #174
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Well, out of ten the only one that counts is Number 2.
I agree that it's Ned's most terrible decision.
But it has nothing to do with "honour".

Number 1 and 4 can be considered "mistakes" too.
But given Ned's personality there's no way he could make other choice.
And if not for Number 2 everything could still work.

The rest are either untrue or irrelevant
Also, technically Littlefinger didn't say "don't trust me"

He said "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed off your horse." And it was in response to Ned saying "Perhaps I was wrong to mistrust you."

Thus it could easily be interpreted by Ned as meaning: 'No hard feelings about distrusting me. Actually, I think you ought to be more distrusting in general'

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 04:29   Link #175
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Ep8 The Pointy End:
Old 2011-06-06, 11:34   Link #176
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep8 The Pointy End:
Can't wait here also, mate...I actually also sneak-peek at ep 9 review. And it seems to happen next episode

A real pity that this movie does not get enough fund to get a proper battle, or some real CGs (would like to see those huge dire wolf - as big as pony did they say?).
Old 2011-06-06, 12:15   Link #177
james0246

Yet another great episode. While more transitional in design with no real standout performances (all are still very good), Episode 8 was still expertly paced as a dozen or so stories were woven together quite well. In fact the pacing of this episode was the main quality that stood out. War has been declared, and now as we approach the end of the series (just 2 episodes left) everything is coming together and I'm quite excited for the finale if only because I do not remember how the book ends (Being a decade or more since I last read the first book, I have forgotten nearly everything, and I've fully embraced my lack of knowledge ). 84/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 13:16   Link #178
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i love that Joffrey will bring about his own undoing. the look on Cersei's face.

it's like when a mother wants her children to be great and they don't count on that fact that when it does happen what will they do next.
Old 2011-06-06, 15:08   Link #179
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Just in case people were wondering. If you thought the pacing and overall feel of this episode was a bit different it might be because Mr. Martin wrote the script for this episode. He's also currently working on episode 8 for next season as well and is hating on himself for making the battles too expensive. Of course it's his own fault, he did say he wrote this series as a release to the frustration he felt at being a hollywood script writer and always having to write within budget.
Old 2011-06-06, 15:46   Link #180
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The Sins of the Fathers (and mothers):

I also noticed that Martin had written this episode. It seems to be the busiest of the season so far - just tons of stuff happening. Maybe they just wanted to make sure certain very important elements of foreshadowing were done correctly.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo