AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-10, 23:01   Link #1
Jin
Staked!

Send a message via AIM to Jin
[Spoilers] Genin to Jounin

Question

You know how they always say that Chuunins are regarded as amazing when it comes to leading a team, well is it possible for some Genins to become Chuunins based only upon personal skill when it comes to ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu if you do not have the leadership qualities of someone like Shimamaru? Or maybe go from Genin to Jounin/Special Jounin like Genma and Anko.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 23:03   Link #2
Zek
Eyebrows...

The simple answer is that we don't know. I think ninjas that aren't qualified to be a Chuunin probably won't make the cut for Jounin either, though Special Jounin could be a possibility.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 23:11   Link #3
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

We know this much. Ninja ranks in Naruto are based on skill and experience, not age. Thats why a 6 year old can be a chunin and a man can stay a Genin, even into middle age. Jounins are the elite among ninja and we don't know yet what the requirements are for such an event. hey probably have a jounin exam just like the Chunin that is incredibly hard. Or perhaps they have real missions of a special rank that they must complete, like say you complete 10 A classs mission without losing caualities and the leader becomes a jounin. But I'm sure you can't skip rank you must be a Chunin to be a jounin and no matter how exceptional your skill is you must meet the requirements of the examiners to obtain either Chunin or Jounin. ANBU is anothr mystery. They work under Hokage and its not clear whether you have to be a Jounin first or the Hokage hand picks you. I do imagine that being a professional assasin and Hunter Nin requires you to be exceptional.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 23:30   Link #4
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin
Question

You know how they always say that Chuunins are regarded as amazing when it comes to leading a team, well is it possible for some Genins to become Chuunins based only upon personal skill when it comes to ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu if you do not have the leadership qualities of someone like Shimamaru? Or maybe go from Genin to Jounin/Special Jounin like Genma and Anko.

Allthough in general genin < chuunin < jounin, those are just ranks.
You can be strong and not have any rank at all, not even genin.

Those ranks are conferred upon ninja when the village recognizes their strength and character.

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 04:33   Link #5
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Naruto said something like:"Even if I remain a genin for life, I will still be hokage!"
Think that will happen? I mean: you have to teach Genin, when you become a jounin. You probably get appointed a new genin. Naruto could teach them jutsu, but you also have to teach things about the Ninja way, and ambushes, etc. Only types like shikamaru, Sakura and neji know that.
Old 2004-11-11, 10:19   Link #6
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
Naruto said something like:"Even if I remain a genin for life, I will still be hokage!"
Think that will happen? I mean: you have to teach Genin, when you become a jounin. You probably get appointed a new genin. Naruto could teach them jutsu, but you also have to teach things about the Ninja way, and ambushes, etc. Only types like shikamaru, Sakura and neji know that.
Kakashis a terrible teacher too, even as an elite Jounin.
He's never passed a group before, team seven was the first.
Has not motivated sakura to do anything yet, sasuke is still obsessed with his brother, and Naruto has had to learn from Jiraiya.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 10:27   Link #7
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 10:32   Link #8
Captain_Dope

It has been explained and showed that to become a chuunin, it is not a question about how skilled you are but how intelligent and how good you are with strategy. That's why Shikamaru was the only one who got promoted. To be a chuunin you need to be able to lead a team which Naruto can't for he is too rash and often runs blindly into danger while hoping for the best, that risks the whole team.

Being chuunin symbolizes leadership although most chuunins are more skilled than genins because of they are often older and have more experience. Even if Shikamaru is a chuunin and very intelligent, although his skill with ninjutsu and taijutsu etc etc is still on genin level.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote