AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-08, 05:24   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
UN-GO (noitaminA, BONES)



http://www.un-go.com/


It has been heavily rumored for the last month that BONES, Seiji Mizushima, and Shou Aikawa have been working on a noitaminA show for the Fall season this year. The rumor was that it is a period era style mystery series transplanted into a futuristic setting. The rumor also said that the material would be inspired/based on the detective short story collection Ango Torimonochou, by the late Ango Sakaguchi.

Today the placeholder site for UN-GO went online, with the thumbnail logo embedded in the source code, along with the following:

<meta name="keywords" content="UN-GO,UNGO,アンゴ,アニメ,ノイタミナ,noitamina,公式,OFFICIAL">
<meta name="description" content="2011年10月ノイタミナ枠アニメ「UN-GO」公式サイト。">
<meta name="copyright" content="(C)「UN-GO」製作委員会">

It confirms that the second Fall 2011 noitaminA show is called UN-GO, and it is pronounced Ango. This fits well enough with the rest of the rumor, so I think we can be pretty certain that the general details are accurate. There should be more info very shortly, so I doubt we'll have to wait too long.

Further updated confirmed staff list:

Original Concept - Ango Sakaguchi "Meiji Kaika Ango Torimonocho"
Director - Seiji Mizushima
Story/Script - Shou Aikawa
Original Character Designs - pako, Yun Kouga
Animation Character Design/Supervising Animation Directors - Kazumi Inadome, Yuko Yazaki, Hiroko Yaguchi
Art Design - Takashi Miyamoto, Takeshi Waki
Production Design - Takashi Miyamoto, Junya Ishigaki, Takayuki Yanase
Art Director - Takeshi Waki
Color Setting - Shihoko Nakayama
Director of Photography - Kota Sasaki
Sound Director - Masafumi Mima
Music: Narasaki
Animation Production - BONES
Production: UN-GO Production Committee

Last edited by duckroll; 2011-08-05 at 10:05.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 05:50   Link #2
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
According to Moonphase, it will be produced by Production I.G.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 06:13   Link #3
shels
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
It seems that Production I.G. and Bones are in charge of the noitamina slot for the rest of the year, busy year they're having with so many shows and movies announced...
shels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 06:28   Link #4
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
No one's going to comment on the name?
ID555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 06:46   Link #5
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
According to Moonphase, it will be produced by Production I.G.
That's an error.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 06:57   Link #6
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
For a second, I thought the title was Un-Co
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 07:26   Link #7
AleX_MytH
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Russia
Age: 21
"RahXephon" scriptwriter? I'm in.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 07:31   Link #8
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It has been heavily rumored for the last month that BONES, Seiji Mizushima, and Shou Aikawa have been working on a noitaminA show for the Fall season this year. The rumor was that it is a period era style mystery series transplanted into a futuristic setting. The rumor also said that the material would be inspired/based on the detective short story collection Ango Torimonochou, by the late Ango Sakaguchi.
The FMA duo are back it seems.

Interesting. the idea behind this reminds me a whole lot of things like Romeo x Juliet and Gankutsuou, but I'm not sure about another fantasy noitaminA anime in the same season. Still, with Bones+Mizushima/Aikawa, this might prove to be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
No one's going to comment on the name?
Clearly, BONES have been taking notes from Nintendo in making stupid looking/sounding names.

I guess this is like the opposite of Go? Sitting? Or Chess, maybe?
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 07:50   Link #9
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I guess this is like the opposite of Go? Sitting? Or Chess, maybe?
No, it's clearly a play on Ango's name. The original source material is Ango's detective stories set in the Meiji era of Japan. The book is called Ango Detective Stories. If the rumor is true that BONES is taking a reimaginative spin on this set in the future like what Gankutsuou did with Monte Cristo, then UN-GO would be their way of spelling Ango while also saying that it's not like that at all.

Yes, it looks and sounds dumb, but Japanese naming when it comes to using non-Japanese titles has always been hit or miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
"RahXephon" scriptwriter? I'm in.
Aikawa only wrote a single episode of RahXephon. He didn't really have much to do with the series. He is better known as the lead writer for the first FMA series and the movie, as well as Oh Edo Rocket, Gad Guard, and Ayakashi Ayashi.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:11   Link #10
AleX_MytH
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Russia
Age: 21
Quote:
Aikawa only wrote a single episode of RahXephon. He didn't really have much to do with the series. He is better known as the lead writer for the first FMA series and the movie, as well as Oh Edo Rocket, Gad Guard, and Ayakashi Ayashi.
Thanks for the info, I sholdnt't believe MAL
I didn't like FMA script (especially second half of the TV), but Edo Rocket was good. Anyway, let's wait for the more detailed info about this series. It's too early to draw any conclusions about story.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:28   Link #11
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No, it's clearly a play on Ango's name. The original source material is Ango's detective stories set in the Meiji era of Japan. The book is called Ango Detective Stories. If the rumor is true that BONES is taking a reimaginative spin on this set in the future like what Gankutsuou did with Monte Cristo, then UN-GO would be their way of spelling Ango while also saying that it's not like that at all.
Thanks I can understand that now. I still think its not exactly sound logic, but eh its anime after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Yes, it looks and sounds dumb, but Japanese naming when it comes to using non-Japanese titles has always been hit or miss.
More miss than hit :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Aikawa only wrote a single episode of RahXephon. He didn't really have much to do with the series. He is better known as the lead writer for the first FMA series and the movie, as well as Oh Edo Rocket, Gad Guard, and Ayakashi Ayashi.
Thankfully, the best of these two had been Oh Edo Rocket and FMA, and since he worked with Mizushima on those, we can safely say this is likely not going to be horrible lol
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:41   Link #12
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Oh Edo Rocket was really, really good. So I'm definitely hoping we see something like that out of Mizushima, rather than Gundam 00. -_-
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:56   Link #13
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gairyu Isle, Japan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Oh Edo Rocket was really, really good. So I'm definitely hoping we see something like that out of Mizushima, rather than Gundam 00. -_-
I agree with this. Oh Edo Rocket is my favorite Mizushima anime together with FMA.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:58   Link #14
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Doing something in the same quality as it would be pretty great, I agree.

Now Gundam ... I don't know, I mean I personally love and adore 00, but I agree that it was very flawed as a whole. It was still filled with a lot of great ideas, but at times it really fell flat when trying to execute them sometimes. It was more so apparent with his movies than his TV work IMO, even with the FMA movie.

I still think he is a good action director at least, and can make some really good shows, and since the two had worked together on some great stuff, it's likely that this will at least will be enjoyable to watch.

The most worrying thing at this point is how long this will be (11 episodes?) since that a common problem with many noitaminA shows.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:15   Link #15
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
The teaser site is now active: http://www.un-go.com/

Looks like they're doing random teasing similar to Penguin Drum. Everytime you reload, it displays one of six possible backgrounds, none of which tell us anything. Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 12:20   Link #16
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
When I visit to the official website, there's a error and they only says "un-go.com" and
"www.un-go.com" full of white background maybe because it wasn't available outside Japan.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 12:56   Link #17
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
When I visit to the official website, there's a error and they only says "un-go.com" and
"www.un-go.com" full of white background maybe because it wasn't available outside Japan.
Clear your browser cache and refresh. In other news, Moon Phase seems to have corrected their listing for this show.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:06   Link #18
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Clear your browser cache and refresh. In other news, Moon Phase seems to have corrected their listing for this show.
Oh thanks !
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:04   Link #19
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...w-fall-tv-show

Seems like UN-GO.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:12   Link #20
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
he is under a gag order to say nothing more
Ah, The infamous BONES gag order. Worked wonders with keeping FMA:Brohood and DtB 2!
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, mystery, noitamina

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.