AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-08, 08:37   Link #21
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Fall seems to be packed with some really heavy hitters. Persona 4, Gundam, Shana, Gothicmade, Fate/Zero, Rurouni Kenshin ...

And now Guilty Crown as well.

2011 is gonna end with a bang
But don't forget to put Horizon because it's going to be one of greatest fall anime titles !
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:46   Link #22
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
That too.

It does certainly look like Fall is going very busy.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:56   Link #23
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
There's also the possibility of a new Gundam TV series, depending on what they announce on Monday.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 09:00   Link #24
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gairyu Isle, Japan
Age: 28
After reading that synopsis and character info I'm a little more interested now. Please no excessive use of CG for this one I.G..

Also dammn at the character design for the main girl. She's almost naked.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 09:09   Link #25
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
I kind of like the designs so far. They remind me of an RPG game designs. (The main girl doesn't really look that different from what you usually get these days lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
There's also the possibility of a new Gundam TV series, depending on what they announce on Monday.
I think at this point it's fairly certain that there is going to be a new Gundam TV series. I mean we had the first hint since the end of last year, and things seem to be going in that direction.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 09:35   Link #26
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gairyu Isle, Japan
Age: 28
Yeah, I ws quite shocked at the lack of clothing for the girl in [C] as well. Nudity will always sell I guess. Especially when you combine it with loli characters.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 09:36   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
So... The main character's name is 'Ouma... And his Right Hand has a special ability...

>.>
<.<

...Say, isn't the King's Power what they used to call 'Geass' ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:10   Link #28
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
The official site is up with all the character designs: http://www.guilty-crown.jp/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:19   Link #29
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
I'm interested in this but gotta admit I hope we get some older characters.
Too many younglings involved for me to take "gureilla organization" too seriously atm at least.
I'm sure there will be some geezers here and there, just hope they aren't put too far at the back of the stage.

Sounds like that ability should be abit of hoot to see concerning first times
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 11:48   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Sorry I wasn't able to post more detailed earlier. Here's a translation of the characters introduced so far:

Shu Ouma - 17 years old. The main character. His right hand holds a special ability - The King's Power. He is able to extract something known as "Void" from his allies. "Void" is a physical manifestation of a person's personality, and can take the form of a sword, or a musical instrument, or a camera. To apply this ability in combat, he has no choice but to make friends.

Gai Tsutsugami - 17 years old. Young leader of the "Undertakers" gureilla organization. He has great charisma and physical strength, and pilots the Jeet Kune Do.

Inori Yuzuriha - 16 years old. She is the voice of the internet artist Egoist. She is also a member of the "Undertakers".

Tsugumi - 14 years old. She's an excellent hacker who serves as the operator for the "Undertakers".

Ayase Shinomiya - 17 years old. A wheelchair-bound girl who pilots End Rave for the "Undertakers".


Edit: Here's a 2meg scan of the full color character designs. That's Gai, Inori, and Shu: http://imgur.com/n2xKN

Edit2: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=300032&show=0
Oh f*** not the "Kings Power" again. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 11:58   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Fall seems to be packed with some really heavy hitters. Persona 4, Gundam, Shana, Gothicmade, Fate/Zero, Rurouni Kenshin ...

And now Guilty Crown as well.

2011 is gonna end with a bang
No guarantee that RK is going to be a fall series. Or a TV at all.

I disagree that NoitaminA is no longer a sign of quality. They've consistently put out the best series over the last several seasons, with a few exceptions.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 12:43   Link #32
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No guarantee that RK is going to be a fall series. Or a TV at all.

I disagree that NoitaminA is no longer a sign of quality. They've consistently put out the best series over the last several seasons, with a few exceptions.
Its already slotted for one of Noitamina title at fall

At least we can say any title that have genre that contain less realism in its genre have disappointing run so far. Thus this one should not have that much of benefit of doubt just because this is noitaminA title.
__________________

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-06-08 at 22:06. Reason: urgh, posting at midnight, recipe for idiocy
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 12:57   Link #33
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Its already slotted for one of Noitamina title at fall
He's talking about Kenshin, not Guilty Crown. There's no info at all about the new Kenshin anime, and we don't know if it's a TV show or an OVA or a movie.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 00:41   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
1. Noitamina continues to produce quality show after quality show. I like some of them and not others, but they all seem pretty good to me. The thing that varies most is their popularity, not their quality. I thought Saraiya Goyou was the best show of 2010, but it was a ratings disappointment.

2. Animator Nishida Asako (Simoun, animation character design for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) mentions this show being "in the planning stage" in a twitter post. I wonder if she will be the animation character designer to adapt the original designs by redjuice.

3. The semi-nudity in the illustration seems extreme from one point of view, but I think some people's normal dress (or at least formal dress) today would have seemed pornographic not many years ago. I wonder if the trend will continue to 2039 (when this show is set) or if by then we will have returned to something more modest.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:19   Link #35
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
BTW I keep on hearing that this show means that Araki Tetsuro has left Madhouse to become a freelance. Is that true?

On the noitaminA discussion:

Perhaps quality wasn't the best term that I could have used to, so I'll explain what I initially meant. The noitaminA time slot IMO continuous to air interesting and great shows with some pretty cool premises and settings. I agree with both Kaoru Chujo and Guardian Enzo on that point.

However, and this is where my ''the sort of shows the slot used to be famous for'' comment comes in, I have felt that the past seasons noitaminA had been drifting away from the sort of shows I used to sit down and enjoy. Shows like Nodame Cantabile, Honey & Clover, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and so on, more ''adult oriented shows'' for lack of a better atm in exchange for more fantasy-like shows and other concepts that are designed to appeal to otaku-tastes.

I'm not say that that is a sign that the shows are getting worse (they are still interesting to watch and are some are still excellent) its just that, I feel that there had been a change in the sort of programing airing recently.

Guilty Crown, from what I read, doesn't strike me as being in the same lieu as shows like Library Wars for example, but more along the lines of Code Geass or Persona, shows that I consider enjoyable but not what I watch noitaminA for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
2. Animator Nishida Asako (Simoun, animation character design for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) mentions this show being "in the planning stage" in a twitter post. I wonder if she will be the animation character designer to adapt the original designs by redjuice.
I only hope the designs don't end up loosing their uniqueness, but I have faith in Asako-san after Denpa so fingers crossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
3. The semi-nudity in the illustration seems extreme from one point of view, but I think some people's normal dress (or at least formal dress) today would have seemed pornographic not many years ago. I wonder if the trend will continue to 2039 (when this show is set) or if by then we will have returned to something more modest.
Thats another way to look at it sure, though I still think that its a very impractical (not to mention chilly) outfit to wear.

I personally view it like I would a Final Fantasy character, its really about how it looks rather than how it works lol
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:28   Link #36
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
BTW I keep on hearing that this show means that Araki Tetsuro has left Madhouse to become a freelance. Is that true?
Since this is a Production IG show, and not a Madhouse show, it would have to be true.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:31   Link #37
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Are Madhouse employees not allowed to work with other studios?

Madhouse must really be in deep financial trouble.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:42   Link #38
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
BTW I keep on hearing that this show means that Araki Tetsuro has left Madhouse to become a freelance. Is that true?
Well from what I heard that's true, n others Madhouse's pioneer like Kioke and Yuasa (or on his case he have his own studio now)already work as freelance too

Some twitter post about this, but I'd assume you've read it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raito-kun
Btw, I heard that afore-said Death Note/HotD director Tetsuro Araki also left Madhouse and became freelancer
If that's really the case then that talented generation of Madhouse directors I mentioned yesterday (Hirao/Araki/Nakamura) are all free now.
Quote:
I only hope the designs don't end up loosing their uniqueness, but I have faith in Asako-san after Denpa so fingers crossed
Thats another way to look at it sure, though I still think that its a very impractical (not to mention chilly) outfit to wear.l
I'm hoping the same. Asako-san doing great job in converting unique Buriki chara design at Denpa,
__________________

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-06-09 at 10:03.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:46   Link #39
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Are Madhouse employees not allowed to work with other studios?

Madhouse must really be in deep financial trouble.
There's a difference between being an internal studio director, and a freelance director who simply chooses to work with a studio all the time. Hosoda for example, is a freelance director. He is not an actual Madhouse employee. He simply chooses to work with Madhouse for all his recent projects because they're good partners and able to get his projects greenlit and funded.

Araki as far as I know is (was?) a Madhouse employee. This means he's a director for the studio. The only times he would normally work on something for another studio would be if Madhouse was involved in a collaboration or outsourcing for that project. For example, if Production IG decided to outsource an episode of Ghost in the Shell to Madhouse because they are short on manpower, then it would not be unusual for Madhouse to put their own employees on the episode, including episode direction and/or storyboarding.

Since Madhouse has no involvement with this show at all, it is likely that Araki has gone freelance. This does not mean that Madhouse had a falling out with him though. It could simply mean that they had no work for him after Highschool of the Dead wrapped up (maybe because a second season was not renewed immediately?), and this opportunity came along. He would be stupid not to take it.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 10:15   Link #40
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Thanks for the replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Well from what I heard that's true, n others Madhouse's pioneer like Kioke and Yuasa (or on his case he have his own studio now)already work as freelance too

Some twitter post about this, but I'd assume you've read it already.
I kept on seeing it pop up frequently, so I started wondering if it was true. I wasn't aware that that many directors had already left Madhouse. Thanks for the tweet btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I'm hoping the same. Asako-san doing great job in converting unique Buriki chara design at Denpa,
I'm really impressed by the anime designs in Denpa. Quite faithful to the novel yet not that had to animate.

Hopefully some the same magic is used here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
There's a difference between being an internal studio director, and a freelance director who simply chooses to work with a studio all the time. Hosoda for example, is a freelance director. He is not an actual Madhouse employee. He simply chooses to work with Madhouse for all his recent projects because they're good partners and able to get his projects greenlit and funded.

Araki as far as I know is (was?) a Madhouse employee. This means he's a director for the studio. The only times he would normally work on something for another studio would be if Madhouse was involved in a collaboration or outsourcing for that project. For example, if Production IG decided to outsource an episode of Ghost in the Shell to Madhouse because they are short on manpower, then it would not be unusual for Madhouse to put their own employees on the episode, including episode direction and/or storyboarding.

Since Madhouse has no involvement with this show at all, it is likely that Araki has gone freelance. This does not mean that Madhouse had a falling out with him though. It could simply mean that they had no work for him after Highschool of the Dead wrapped up (maybe because a second season was not renewed immediately?), and this opportunity came along. He would be stupid not to take it.
Okay that makes sense. But even if they didn't have work for him involving HotD, he still worked on a lot of Madhouse's more popular (and successful) titles, which is why I thought that Madhouse really is facing money related problems (i.e. they couldn't afford him) so they couldn't have him work on another project. Especially with how many are going freelance now.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.