AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 24 32.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-10, 21:54   Link #81
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hopefully next episode will shed light on Yukiatsu' motive in asking Anaru out.

First time? "He's teasing her," "He's testing her," "He's trying to one-up Jin-tan."
Second time? "He's trying to one-up Jintan."

Or maybe poor Yukiatsu just wants to date a nice girl; Anaru is a hot childhood friend who is refreshingly pure and the two are in the same pity party. He understands her, and she cries on his shoulders (figuratively).
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 22:01   Link #82
wtfATOM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Maybe im too fixated on the jintan x anaru couple but ....WTF YUKIATSU
wtfATOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 22:17   Link #83
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
IIRC, didn't Yukiatsu asked Tsuruko to be his gf before? But she rejected him know that he was still obsessed with Menma?
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 22:59   Link #84
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 18
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Tsuruko was kind of suspicious to me. I understand that even a very "chill" person would be afraid of a ghost, but that kind of seems unlike her, even if we don't know that much.
And why would Menma want to attack them if they didn't really do anything?
I'm kind of just re-stating what others have said xD but, hey.
There's probably way more to her than they're showing.
And I didn't understand the carp thing..
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 01:46   Link #85
icatero
well, okay
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CA
Age: 19
I can kind of understand Tsuruko's wary behavior. Keep in mind that she hasn't seen Menma since they were kids: she can't see Menma's actions and behavior the way Jinta does. And just like the others, she probably feels a lot of guilt over Menma's death (although interestingly enough, she was the only one who told everyone to drop the subject of Jinta liking Menma).

She probably hasn't forgiven herself, and finds it hard to see that Menma is here just because she wants her wish granted. Tsuruko has always tried to be more rational and realistic, and Jinta's stated reason for Menma coming back probably sounds like something out of a fairytale for her.
icatero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 01:57   Link #86
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Moon (where Feena at <3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I don't know what the hell to think at this point.

Shit, I'm rightly overwhelmed at this point.
Same here.

I think this is the first episode that I don't really have anything to say, other than to those who kept hanging onto the point why Jinta didn't try to prove Menma's existence earlier: Yukiatsu "attempted" to explain it this episode, be it the real reason or not.

For now, I just want to see the next episode. That's all.
__________________
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 05:33   Link #87
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Just beyond the river's edge.

Two episodes left to the end, it makes me wonder if the fireworks display may also be for Menma’s mother. Clearly this event they’re planning is both for Menma’s and their own benefits, but perhaps it may be that should her mother see it, it will be a catharsis for her as well. So far the only character with no signs of reaching her own resolution is Menma’s mother, and by extension Menma’s brother. Maybe two episodes might be a tad bit short, but she has clearly been affected by the event just as much as Menma’s friends has, if not more. As I had said before I cannot speak about a mother’s pain on losing her daughter, but we have seen that she has been frozen in that day just as much as everyone else has. She needs to find her own release just as everyone else will have theirs.

The fireworks could do just that.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 06:32   Link #88
fazer
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
I was rather annoyed with Jintan on this. The way he seems really happy (not that he is without worry about Menma leaving) with this and calling to Menma affectionately while in fact, everyone was actually either troubled, suffering and frustrated with the revelation of Menma. Jintan open your eyes and look around you!
Yea I totally agree with this point. If only he opens his eyes and realize the damage he is inflicting. I hate seeing Anjo feel so bad...
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 07:29   Link #89
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Hopefully next episode will shed light on Yukiatsu' motive in asking Anaru out.

First time? "He's teasing her," "He's testing her," "He's trying to one-up Jin-tan."
Second time? "He's trying to one-up Jintan."

Or maybe poor Yukiatsu just wants to date a nice girl; Anaru is a hot childhood friend who is refreshingly pure and the two are in the same pity party. He understands her, and she cries on his shoulders (figuratively).
i one hundred precent agree with you.

there might be an element of trying to one-up jintan, it's obvious that yukiatsu is extremely insecure when it comes to him. however he's been nothing but genuine with her.

not to mention it's obvious he just wants to move on from menma (even though recent events are making it difficult) and anaru is slowly starting to realise jintan is a lost cause.

i like them together. they've got great chemistry and i don't think there are ulterior motives on yukiatsu's front. yukiatsu seemed to enjoy talking/flirting with anaru and vice versa.

as for those saying "why doesn't he just get with tsuruko, she's been by his side all this time!". idk, maybe he just doesn't see her in a romantic light? or is even attracted to her for that matter. personally, i don't see their relationship as romantic at all. there have been some hints to tsuruko's feelings might being something more but all of their interactions have been so...cold and platonic.

meanwhile, yukiatsu is laughing and smiling with anaru.
__________________
game of thrones | card captor sakura | misfits | honey & clover | breaking bad | NANA | the inbetweeners | afterschool nightmare | bokura ga ita | dexter |
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 08:23   Link #90
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
This could be unbearable unhappy ending.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:55   Link #91
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
i one hundred precent agree with you.

there might be an element of trying to one-up jintan, it's obvious that yukiatsu is extremely insecure when it comes to him. however he's been nothing but genuine with her.

not to mention it's obvious he just wants to move on from menma (even though recent events are making it difficult) and anaru is slowly starting to realise jintan is a lost cause.

i like them together. they've got great chemistry and i don't think there are ulterior motives on yukiatsu's front. yukiatsu seemed to enjoy talking/flirting with anaru and vice versa.

as for those saying "why doesn't he just get with tsuruko, she's been by his side all this time!". idk, maybe he just doesn't see her in a romantic light? or is even attracted to her for that matter. personally, i don't see their relationship as romantic at all. there have been some hints to tsuruko's feelings might being something more but all of their interactions have been so...cold and platonic.

meanwhile, yukiatsu is laughing and smiling with anaru.
It's all Tsuruko's fault, she's the passive-aggressive type. I think it's plain as day that she likes him, but combined with her personality and his insane obsession with Menma, it's hard for anything to happen.

Jinta can't be a lost cause because er... Menma's dead? The events with ghost Menma will end soon, and he'll move on.

It's a matter of how the author is going to play out the future of these kids. I have a feeling that we'll have an epilogue at the last episode, showing what everyone is doing after the fact.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 13:17   Link #92
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's all Tsuruko's fault, she's the passive-aggressive type. I think it's plain as day that she likes him, but combined with her personality and his insane obsession with Menma, it's hard for anything to happen.
too true. moreover i think a part of tsuroko is totally fine with being complacent and just maintaining the status quo in their relationship, i.e. simply pining for him. i'd be really interested in seeing how she was like with yukiatsu when they were younger--did she know that yukiatsu was going to confess to menma?

Quote:
Jinta can't be a lost cause because er... Menma's dead? The events with ghost Menma will end soon, and he'll move on.
lost cause in emotionally reciprocating anjo's feelings. it's obvious jintan is hopelessly in love with a dead girl--menma's ghost isn't exactly doing much good BUT cementing those feelings.

plus there's the issue of jintan not even thinking about anjo's confession. he didn't bother to give her a response. like anjo said, it's always been jintan and menma.

Quote:
It's a matter of how the author is going to play out the future of these kids. I have a feeling that we'll have an epilogue at the last episode, showing what everyone is doing after the fact.
that'd be neat. i just wish this series was longer but i'm sure the excellent pacing/quality of the show is in part due to how short it is.
__________________
game of thrones | card captor sakura | misfits | honey & clover | breaking bad | NANA | the inbetweeners | afterschool nightmare | bokura ga ita | dexter |
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 13:19   Link #93
CWW
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Jinta in an asylum wearing a straitjacket.
Naruko and Yukiatsu unhappily married involving domnestic violence.
Tsuruko growing old and dying alone.
Poppo arrested and convicted for possession of heroine during his trips.

CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 14:15   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Given that this series has likely transcended even the most optimistic hopes A-1 had for DVD/BD sales, it's not impossible we could see an unplanned second season at some point. These kids 5 years later, maybe, in college?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 15:43   Link #95
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Yeah, maybe this will turn into a long-running franchise.

Season 0: Prequel series covering the Super Peace Busters' childhood; the last episode concludes with their dissolution after Menma's death (Up through Menma's death five years or whatever before the series starts)
Season 1: AnoHana (2011)
Season 2: Like Enzo suggested, this will be AnoHana, the college years (2014-2017ish)
Season 3: The Peace Busters all find love and get married (Jintan with Anaru, Yukiatsu with Tsuruko, Poppo with some girl he meets during his travels) [2018-2020ish]
Season 4: The Peace Busters all have kids and contend with the various trials and tribulations of early parenthood (Early 2020s)
Season 5: This season covers the Peace Busters in the thick of family life, with their kids all in elementary school or middle school (Late 2020s, early 2030s)
Season 6: The Peace Busters' kids all leave for college or university, the gang having to come to terms with the loneliness of an empty nest :[ (Late 2030s, early 2040s)
Season 7: The Peace Busters' golden years. The first episode centers around them all quitting the jobs they've held since around season three, with the rest of the season consisting of them going with Poppo on some of his worldly travels, Jintan, Anaru, Yukiatsu, Tsuruko, and Poppo spending their post-retirement years traveling and partying hard. (Mid-late 2050s)
Season 8: The Peace Busters' twilight years. The group is in ailing health from their advanced ages; Jintan has Alzheimer's, Yukiatsu suffered a stroke and is confined to a wheelchair, etc. Episodes 6 through 11 each focus upon the final days of a different Peace Buster, each of whom dies at the end of their episode. The series concludes with Jintan himself dying after a lifetime of peace busting, the era of their group of friends fading into history. (Early 2070s through early 2080s)

That is the future waiting for the AnoHana franchise, imo.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 16:19   Link #96
katsudon
Part Time Translator
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Jinta in an asylum wearing a straitjacket.
Naruko and Yukiatsu unhappily married involving domnestic violence.
Tsuruko growing old and dying alone.
Poppo arrested and convicted for possession of heroine during his trips.

how about....
menma goes away after her wish is fulfilled
naruko and yukiatsu hooks up
tsuruko kills naruko school days style
jintan and yukiatsu can't bare the guilt over naruko's death
naruko shows up as a ghost in AnoHana part 2
poppo still a side character but visits tsuruko in prison
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 21:49   Link #97
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
too true. moreover i think a part of tsuroko is totally fine with being complacent and just maintaining the status quo in their relationship, i.e. simply pining for him. i'd be really interested in seeing how she was like with yukiatsu when they were younger--did she know that yukiatsu was going to confess to menma?



lost cause in emotionally reciprocating anjo's feelings. it's obvious jintan is hopelessly in love with a dead girl--menma's ghost isn't exactly doing much good BUT cementing those feelings.

plus there's the issue of jintan not even thinking about anjo's confession. he didn't bother to give her a response. like anjo said, it's always been jintan and menma.



that'd be neat. i just wish this series was longer but i'm sure the excellent pacing/quality of the show is in part due to how short it is.
Jinta, can't give her a response. He has his own issues he needs to deal with first. Because the theme is about being able to cope and move on, Jinta is gonna need someone to catch him.

Anaru is the only one of his friends that can do that. Popo is... well Popo, he's gonna leave again for more wild sex adventures around the world. Yukiatsu hates him. Tsuruko is... er... indifferent. What's left? A father that's unwilling to be a proper parent?
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 00:15   Link #98
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Eh, Jinta had he's chance with her but dropped it. Cant blame her if she gives up on him and decides to accept Yukiatsu's date. Time to move on girl.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 02:19   Link #99
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Moon (where Feena at <3)
Didn't know this thread has turned into a speculation thread.

But in all fairness, I will seriously be shocked if I see anything other than a bittersweet ending.
__________________
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 02:59   Link #100
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Didn't know this thread has turned into a speculation thread.
True. People, please remind there's a speculation thread in this subforum if you want to guess what's going to happen in the near or far away future.

Several persons haven't watched episode 9 yet, as subs became available only two days ago, so they might refrain from posting their thoughts about this episode if they see that the thread takes another direction.
__________________
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.