AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-13, 16:49   Link #11201
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
All it says is: Index Gaiden, Railgun SS, author, illustrator, character designer

Sidebar talks about the work.
__________________

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 16:58   Link #11202
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Can someone translate the "FULL name" of this "uiharu" SS from this image?
Spoiler for size:
I don't remember reading that... What chapter?
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 17:01   Link #11203
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was referring to when Fiamma tried to consume Touma's right hand,; Imagine Breaker would have been separated from Touma's body hence it's no longer being limited by restraining that power right? So it should be at full strength.
I don't think so, the text says the Imagine Breaker still was there on the severed right hand, so its another being/power on Touma alongside with the "invisible thing".

About Uiharu' SS, its not worth enough to have a "Tittle: ***" format style .
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-06-13, 17:08   Link #11204
Breidaluk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
well, changing the topic( and i don`t know if this was already commented before), you don`t think is strange the name DRAGON reffering to aiwass? It reminds me of deep blood arc when touma loses his hand and in its place appears dragon head. another theory about the "thing" inside touma its problably the power that aleister is refining using Academic City as a temple, if not is a power somehow related to aiwass, don`t you think?
Oh!! Sorry about my english. I need more practice(much more).
Breidaluk is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 17:11   Link #11205
NightGale
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was referring to when Fiamma tried to consume Touma's right hand,; Imagine Breaker would have been separated from Touma's body hence it's no longer being limited by restraining that power right? So it should be at full strength.
Ah sorry sorry, since you mentioned the giant sword incident, i though you were referring to that battle. I see your point...and itīs a good one... hmm, if i had to say something it will be that as mentioned in that particular chapter, Touma used IB even without his arm to diffuse Fiammaīs giant spiral of light(star burning power, sounds over the top,xD), so itīs possible that the arm is just like the baton that Awaki uses: Something that allows to either channel of concentrate itīs power, but not something indispensable to use it(Terra even created the hypothesis that the IB true form could "permeate" all his body), as for if thatīs the case why didnīt the Touma pre-memory wipe didnīt use it like that is probably because of "output limit" or even trauma like with Awaki (The fact that he disregarded his power as useless is something that strikes me as important, or maybe depression from a life of misfortune, ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't think so, the text says the Imagine Breaker still was there on the severed right hand, so its another being/power on Touma alongside with the "invisible thing".
Hmm maybe what Fiamma saw was residual power? unlike the baton that Awaki uses, that arm is part of his body, so regardless of the fact of whether or not that arm is the source of IB, some kind of residual energy(or lack of it...), should remain in that arm... is Fiamma though of that residual power as IB, then itīs possible that that severed arm had as much "output" as when he had been fighting Touma before even if it just was an small portion of IB(well using the logic of my theory,xD)
NightGale is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 17:26   Link #11206
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
well, changing the topic( and i don`t know if this was already commented before), you don`t think is strange the name DRAGON reffering to aiwass? It reminds me of deep blood arc when touma loses his hand and in its place appears dragon head. another theory about the "thing" inside touma its problably the power that aleister is refining using Academic City as a temple, if not is a power somehow related to aiwass, don`t you think?
Oh!! Sorry about my english. I need more practice(much more).
Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything- [Dragon] is this series has symbolic meanings to a whole range of things, anything from Angels to Devils... Or at least a being of great power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
as for if thatīs the case why didnīt the Touma pre-memory wipe didnīt use it like that is probably because of "output limit" or even trauma like with Awaki (The fact that he disregarded his power as useless is something that strikes me as important, or maybe depression from a life of misfortune, ?)
This is my theory... And it's only a theory... Recall that when Touma was a kid, bad things kept happening to people around him, maybe even dangerous things. Maybe when Imagine Breaker was at it's full power in the past- his negation of luck was stronger; strong enough to really affect people around him. But by restricting his power to his right hand, he is limiting his bad luck only to himself.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 17:38   Link #11207
NightGale
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is my theory... And it's only a theory... Recall that when Touma was a kid, bad things kept happening to people around him, maybe even dangerous things. Maybe when Imagine Breaker was at it's full power in the past- his negation of luck was stronger; strong enough to really affect people around him. But by restricting his power to his right hand, he is limiting his bad luck only to himself.
That actually sounds quite likely... i havenīt read Angel Fall (I started reading from vol 7 onwards since at that time i had already seen the anime and those four volumes were a bit on the to-do list of ThePing- no js06.exe at that time iīm afraid,xD), but in the anime i believe the mentioned something about the people around him shunning him because they tough of his bad luck maybe be curse or something? anyway thatīs why his father sent him to AC, since he didnīt found help for his son in spiritualism, maybe science could do the trick... I also tough that maybe he was depressed because he failed to save someone in the past, i mean he had quite a bit of "hero complex" going for him at that time... (the current Touma is a bit different in that regard)
NightGale is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 18:05   Link #11208
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
I also tough that maybe he was depressed because he failed to save someone in the past, i mean he had quite a bit of "hero complex" going for him at that time... (the current Touma is a bit different in that regard)
You mean before he met Index? Yeah I've thought about that, but that incident with the Aluminum Can Bomber, Touma did save those people but he didn't care about the recognition... Or was it just not heroic enough ?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 18:26   Link #11209
NightGale
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean before he met Index? Yeah I've thought about that, but that incident with the Aluminum Can Bomber, Touma did save those people but he didn't care about the recognition... Or was it just not heroic enough ?
Yeah i meant that Touma. And about Aluminum Can Bomber... true quite heroic, but what i meant with "hero complex" is that he had the dark aura of someone who failed to protect and wanted to somehow redeem himself, or something like that... the current Touma even denied the need of heroes but the previous one called himself one when he decided how to save Index, thatīs quite a gap.
NightGale is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 19:24   Link #11210
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
Ah sorry sorry, since you mentioned the giant sword incident, i though you were referring to that battle. I see your point...and itīs a good one... hmm, if i had to say something it will be that as mentioned in that particular chapter, Touma used IB even without his arm to diffuse Fiammaīs giant spiral of light(star burning power, sounds over the top,xD), so itīs possible that the arm is just like the baton that Awaki uses: Something that allows to either channel of concentrate itīs power, but not something indispensable to use it(Terra even created the hypothesis that the IB true form could "permeate" all his body), as for if thatīs the case why didnīt the Touma pre-memory wipe didnīt use it like that is probably because of "output limit" or even trauma like with Awaki (The fact that he disregarded his power as useless is something that strikes me as important, or maybe depression from a life of misfortune, ?)
If you take a recall at vol.1 it was implied he never liked his power for various reasons until he met Index and co. Don't take in account that Railgun's passage that seriously.
Also during his chilhood I would say that people were being too supersticious and start a huge collective hysteria making a young Touma to look as some kind of monster.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
Hmm maybe what Fiamma saw was residual power? unlike the baton that Awaki uses, that arm is part of his body, so regardless of the fact of whether or not that arm is the source of IB, some kind of residual energy(or lack of it...), should remain in that arm... is Fiamma though of that residual power as IB, then itīs possible that that severed arm had as much "output" as when he had been fighting Touma before even if it just was an small portion of IB(well using the logic of my theory,xD)
IMO, it doesn't makes sense, because then it wouldn't be a power based on the right hand thus making his arm useless for Fiamma's Holy Right .

VOL20 War Report at its 40%
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-06-13, 20:25   Link #11211
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
The whole discussion about Touma's right hand reminds me of Wolverine.

Magneto once forcibly removed the adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton. Wolverine's healing factor greatly increased in speed and efficiency later on, due to the fact that the adamantium in his bones used a considerable amount of his healing factor on a constant basis.

So basically, it could be that the Imagine Breaker is holding back the full power of Touma, which would be frightening to see.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 21:57   Link #11212
Breidaluk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
that would also means that IB is not toumaīs power or is something used for touma donīt use his powers.
Breidaluk is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 22:13   Link #11213
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
that would also means that IB is not toumaīs power or is something used for touma donīt use his powers.
I don't know how else you could describe it; the right arm attached to the boy called Kamijou Touma possesses the unique power of Imagine Breaker. Which by all definition means that it is Touma's power.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-13, 23:47   Link #11214
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e20_War_Report

With the War Report and the afterwords done the vol. 20 is complete!
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-06-14, 00:00   Link #11215
shmaster
The Hades
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
IB identify Touma's right hand as its proper host, and only Touma's right hand.
So where ever Touma's right hand goes, IB follows.
So when Fiamma cut off the arm and absorbed it, IB went with it.
But when Touma regrow his right hand... it is Touma's right hand on Touma and Touma's right hand in Fiamma. IB made the obvious choice on where to go.

My own theory, the power that is present at where Touma's cut off right arm originally is.... is really the power of the entity inside him that overlapped with where IB originally is when the arm is still attached.
shmaster is offline  
Old 2011-06-14, 00:02   Link #11216
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
I...I think I'm gonna be up all night waiting for the parts with Shiage and Aqua translated- even that small part there was made me nearly go faint from the crushing bro-power.

Also, on who has the greatest man-crush on Touma? Aleister does of course. He's a very creepy Yandere, I mean, he already said no one else is allowed to have Touma, and gave orders to have him brought back forcibly no matter what.
outerelf is offline  
Old 2011-06-14, 01:17   Link #11217
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
the current Touma even denied the need of heroes but the previous one called himself one when he decided how to save Index, thatīs quite a gap.
For what I remember this is a "major" miss translation (well, it's not major but it can be taken the "other way" on how it's phrased) and it always strucks me how this line is quoted just everywhere. The original text said something like "I don't want to be a hero" and then he looked his right hand and said "But I'll get to be the hero". The sentence implied that that he has no interest in being a hero, but since he is forced to have the imagine breaker and the imagine breaker is just was needed to save Index, he'll have to play the hero for once; even though that normally useless hand that he has doesn't raise his bad scores and keeps him unpopular with the girls and the other bad things.

Even going further, that he uses the Kanji of "Main character" for that expression (and the furigana of Hero), so that already changes the "hero" meaning of the word.

To me the biggest thing about old Touma is that he referred to God and "His system", something that the new Touma hasn't done at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Also, on who has the greatest man-crush on Touma? Aleister does of course. He's a very creepy Yandere, I mean, he already said no one else is allowed to have Touma, and gave orders to have him brought back forcibly no matter what.
For some reason I kinda like this thinking.... I'm scarred of myself.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-06-14, 01:31   Link #11218
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
For what I remember this is a "major" miss translation (well, it's not major but it can be taken the "other way" on how it's phrased) and it always strucks me how this line is quoted just everywhere. The original text said something like "I don't want to be a hero" and then he looked his right hand and said "But I'll get to be the hero". The sentence implied that that he has no interest in being a hero, but since he is forced to have the imagine breaker and the imagine breaker is just was needed to save Index, he'll have to play the hero for once; even though that normally useless hand that he has doesn't raise his bad scores and keeps him unpopular with the girls and the other bad things.

If that's the case, it's definitely more in-line with what's Touma's mindset during the Aluminium Can Bomber incident; he's not the type that wants to accept credit or role for being a Hero- he just so happens to play the hero at that time.

Well, I'll keep this in mind to use for the next time someone else brings it up.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-14, 01:54   Link #11219
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 20 afterword
In a large fight, do not make “excuses” and do not stray from your path. That is most likely the most important thing needed for all the protagonists to have victory in the large flow that is a war.
I've always thought that Kamachi seems to have interesting concepts of what a 'Hero/Protagonist/Main Character' should be. In this case, the moral of the lesson for both Touma and Accelerator is to not forget what's the most important thing and not get bogged down by excuses.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 20 afterword
How many protagonists are there going to be?

-Kamachi Kazuma
Many more I hope
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-14, 02:05   Link #11220
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Many more I hope
In before Fiamma / Ollerus becomes one.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.