AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-15, 14:55   Link #11261
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Hmm, on Baka Tsuki, why is it that when I click for full text, it shows me the pro+epilouge only, plus re-directs? Kinda pisses me off.

It's on vols 6-11, at least
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 16:44   Link #11262
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Hmm, on Baka Tsuki, why is it that when I click for full text, it shows me the pro+epilouge only, plus re-directs? Kinda pisses me off.

It's on vols 6-11, at least
That's odd, I'm not getting that at all. I get the entire volume- is it too much for your browser to load or something?
outerelf is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 17:19   Link #11263
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
And now its no longer happening.

Never mind
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 17:40   Link #11264
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
About Touma's lines at vol. 2 epilogue wasn't that said lines were for Index but it was misunderstood by her leading this to another unfortunated situations, much to Stiyl's delight?
__________________
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-06-15, 18:02   Link #11265
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
About Touma's lines at vol. 2 epilogue wasn't that said lines were for Index but it was misunderstood by her leading this to another unfortunated situations, much to Stiyl's delight?
For what I remember, it was the part were Stiyl and Touma were speaking about Aureolus fate. When Touma realized that Stiyl didn't fried Aureolus to hell he thought to himself and said out loud "you are one of those good guys" (or something on those lines).
Stiyl, being the original male tsundere of the series, totally twitched; Touma went at it again and when it was for about time for some male bonding (& hopely underage drinking(??)) Index walked in when things were getting good.

Vol 21, Chapter 5, part 3, it looks like the previous conception about "Accelerator tweaking his choker to extend time" is also a miss translation (then again, I haven't read the rest of the volume in jp). I'm glad that they offhandedly explained again the Madoushi (Sorcerer) term
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-06-15 at 18:57.
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 19:11   Link #11266
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
the Madoushi (Sorcerer) term
Same here, the last time I heard it was during the Daihaseisai Festival. I was wondering how much of a difference there was between that and Magician. And it appears Necessarius don't take a like to them
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is online now  
Old 2011-06-15, 19:19   Link #11267
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Same here, the last time I heard it was during the Daihaseisai Festival. I was wondering how much of a difference there was between that and Magician. And it appears Necessarius don't take a like to them

The way I interpret it at that time is that one is simply a magician, while the other is like a 'Master Magician'. Though at that time I had also thought that it means they were powerful enough to write Grimoires...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 19:44   Link #11268
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Chapter 5 Part 4: Shit happens to Stiyl.

Innocentius!!!!
__________________
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-06-15, 23:47   Link #11269
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Same here, the last time I heard it was during the Daihaseisai Festival. I was wondering how much of a difference there was between that and Magician. And it appears Necessarius don't take a like to them
The explanation is that Madoushi are people who focus more on teaching the knowledge of magic. Majutsushi are people who focus more on actually performing the magic.

Which pose a problem. Why would Anglican dislike them only because they like to teach?
shmaster is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 23:51   Link #11270
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
For what I remember, it was the part were Stiyl and Touma were speaking about Aureolus fate. When Touma realized that Stiyl didn't fried Aureolus to hell he thought to himself and said out loud "you are one of those good guys" (or something on those lines).
Stiyl, being the original male tsundere of the series, totally twitched; Touma went at it again and when it was for about time for some male bonding (& hopely underage drinking(??)) Index walked in when things were getting good.

Vol 21, Chapter 5, part 3, it looks like the previous conception about "Accelerator tweaking his choker to extend time" is also a miss translation (then again, I haven't read the rest of the volume in jp). I'm glad that they offhandedly explained again the Madoushi (Sorcerer) term
Yeah, that's basically what happened to Stiyl - he left Aureolus alive by reshaping his face with flame magic, and just let him go since he lost all memory. Better than have Aureolus captured by a magic cabal and tortured for info on Ars Magna. Touma wanted to pat him for a job well done (and not being a bad guy) but is mistaken by Index for doing something else.

And the 'sorcerer' here isn't like what they might call Zelretch or someone that has True Magic in Nasuverse... 'Madoushi' is more like 'people that guide the path of magic flows', versus a 'magician/mage' that uses magic. That's what I'm getting from the kanji at least.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 23:56   Link #11271
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The explanation is that Madoushi are people who focus more on teaching the knowledge of magic. Majutsushi are people who focus more on actually performing the magic.

Which pose a problem. Why would Anglican dislike them only because they like to teach?
Necessarius was created as a witch-hunting organization or counter-magician right? Hence the name 'necessary evil'; having people who can/wants to teach others to become magicians would obviously put them on alert.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 00:02   Link #11272
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
^ What Chaos2Frozen said.

More teachers of magic, more magicians, tougher work for Necessarius.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.
Winter 2013/2014 Catch Up: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Sakura Trick and Little Busters! EX.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 01:06   Link #11273
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And the 'sorcerer' here isn't like what they might call Zelretch or someone that has True Magic in Nasuverse... 'Madoushi' is more like 'people that guide the path of magic flows', versus a 'magician/mage' that uses magic. That's what I'm getting from the kanji at least.
I was waiting for a chance to mention this, "yes" Sorcerer while is the meaning of the word really doesn't convey the meaning of the term; then again the story has many terms like these (on the top of my head, we have "counter stop" that really doesn't reference anything, but when we read it as Shoutai Fumei (unknown identity) things really change).

魔導師 -> 魔 (Ma : Magic) // 導 (Dou : Guide) // 師 (Shi : Expert // Master (though for the case I would like to go for "practitioner").

In the same vein Majutsushi 魔術師 would go for "magic arts practitioner".

Also, I suppose that Necessarius hates them because "by definition" they are the basis of an organization / cabal by having a "master" and "apprentice(s)" relationship. If we add what Index said to the mix (that they are meant to have the ability to read or write grimoires) we have that they can more easily expand the magic knowledge.

Now that I remember, Etzali said that if Necessarius heard that he had and read a grimoire or two they are likely to send someone to roast him.

-----------------------

Mumbling / theory aside; part 5, chapter 5, vol 21 is done. It's about Shiage being tempted into an affair by Yuriko while Rikou sleeps besides them.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-06-16 at 01:46.
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 01:11   Link #11274
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Well normally in Occident a Sorcerer is someone natural born with the gift of magic, while a magi is someone who trained to acquire the same lvl of performance (and less most of the time).

Also Sorcerer is normally someone gifted or rather good compared to a Magi.

@Okashira: Consider how broken Etzali is at the moment compared to a average magician, they are in real trouble if they try to face him.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 01:34   Link #11275
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibrizzo View Post

@Okashira: Consider how broken Etzali is at the moment compared to a average magician, they are in real trouble if they try to face him.
Its their job to deal with people like that, i'm sure they'll have some means to counter him.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 01:43   Link #11276
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Isn't broken magician a normal thing to occur in this series?

This series just lacks the balance of power level <.<
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 02:09   Link #11277
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Isn't broken magician a normal thing to occur in this series?

This series just lacks the balance of power level <.<
Because if it wasn't a broken magician, then there won't be any trouble an so there wont be a story in the first place. Its like nobody cares when the police are doing their job until something happens.

Still, this isn't as bad as Nanoha, at least in Index, the weaker characters have more roles to play than just folders for the strong. in index, sometimes the strong needs help from the weak... In Index, sometimes the strongest can be defeated by the weakest.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-16 at 02:21.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 02:23   Link #11278
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Yet Etzali is stronger than the akamatsu, styl, oriana, biago and I dare to say he can take on Kanzaki or Terra.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 02:45   Link #11279
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Yet Etzali is stronger than the akamatsu, styl, oriana, biago and I dare to say he can take on Kanzaki or Terra.
Lets assume your measurments of Etzali's ability is accurate, IF necessarius can be overpowered by one guy with two grimoires, then the other churches would have wipe them out years ago.

Plus, this is the same organization that is preparing to go after Aleister Crowley, what makes you think they dont have any tricks to deal with grimoires?
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 04:32   Link #11280
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lets assume your measurments of Etzali's ability is accurate, IF necessarius can be overpowered by one guy with two grimoires, then the other churches would have wipe them out years ago.

Plus, this is the same organization that is preparing to go after Aleister Crowley, what makes you think they dont have any tricks to deal with grimoires?
True to this, just imagine how many original grimores are inside Vatican's underground Library......

In the power struggle between churches, 2 grimores isn't making that much of a difference.
shmaster is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.