AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-06, 18:10   Link #9921
amazake_001
JessiKanon
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Running in your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-chan View Post
Spoiler for kyuuberika:
WIN!!!!
amazake_001 is offline  
Old 2011-06-09, 19:55   Link #9922
Boinciel
Mii~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Age: 21
Hand-painted Beatrice Portrait

Might as well post this here now.




Oil on canvas, 61cm tall. I've been doing about an hour of painting every weekday for just over a month now. The paint's still partially wet, so I've left it in the school's display case for now and will probably retrieve it early next week.
Funnily enough, I got an offer from someone to, upon its completion, buy the painting for $400. Needless to say, I rejected the offer because hanging Beatrice in my room will be the greatest thing. However, now I need to get a nice picture frame.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25 (final)

Graduation's coming up soon, so it's good that I got this finished when I did.
__________________
Boinciel is offline  
Old 2011-06-09, 22:41   Link #9923
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
Spoiler for :
Holy shit, I'm proud of the one I made but yours is awsome! I made mine with acrylics, debated over wether to use oil but as I'd never used before I was hesitant, wonder what mine would look like if I'd had. I love how you were able to blend the colors and really get it looking like the original
I really hope the guy who offered to buy it actually knows where it's from I never seem to find anyone who knows about umineko/higurashi outside of cons
Now all you need is the epitaph hanging underneath it. Don't go cheap out and tack a piece of printed paper on the wall, gotta get some kinda plaque made up to go with a painting like that. I took a piece of wood and spent about a week transcribing the english and japanese epitaphs onto the wood after tracing a printed piece so my shitty handwriting wouldn't ruin it
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
Kishin is offline  
Old 2011-06-09, 23:19   Link #9924
Boinciel
Mii~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Age: 21
Oil is really, really nice to work with. It takes about five days to dry completely, which means I could mix paints and touch up a section a while after I'd moved on from it. This is my first time working with oil; I'd used acrylic paints a couple of years back but they always dried way too fast for me to do anything nice with them. If you feel up to painting another, I'd recommend giving oil a go.

With these oil paints, I burned through two palettes (one got too clogged with paint to be serviceable anymore, I opted to move onto a second instead of wasting half an hour cleaning all the paint out). However, I realized that the picture that I was using as a reference was a little washed out soon after I'd finished the face. I didn't want to go back and redo all of that, so the hair, lips, and skin remain fairer than they should be. I went back and redid the eyes, though; with the addition of the background, they needed to be quite a bit darker. I also couldn't get the expression quite right, she appears to have a more distant sort of beauty compared to the original. The lips don't quite form a smirk.

Also, the guy who wanted to buy it had absolutely no clue where it was from. It would have been a complete and utter tragedy for it to have ended up in the hands of that kind of man.
__________________

Last edited by Boinciel; 2011-06-09 at 23:28. Reason: Unclosed parenthesis leaves me hanging all day.
Boinciel is offline  
Old 2011-06-11, 22:59   Link #9925
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Haha I expected as much, as awsome as 07s works are, niche is niche, about all of my characters in online games are named after hig/umi characters and in 2 years ppl have only called me on it three times. School I have no hopes for meeting someone with the same love I have for em.
I had a plan to paint my Beato on a larger canvas and Evatrice, Battler, Erika, and Will/Leon on ones about half the size and have all the smaller ones surround Beato with the epitaph underneath. Gotta wait for ep8 to be finished translating to light the fire for me to go through with it though lol. After seeing yours, I'll probably give oil a shot. Thinking back it probably would have helped me at several points to be able to blend at a later time, the dress on mine has a surprising amount of coats trying to get a good color going and the damned gold trimmings were a pain in my butt to get looking solid
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
Kishin is offline  
Old 2011-06-12, 00:31   Link #9926
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA, USA
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Haha I expected as much, as awsome as 07s works are, niche is niche, about all of my characters in online games are named after hig/umi characters and in 2 years ppl have only called me on it three times. School I have no hopes for meeting someone with the same love I have for em.
Ain't that the truth... I've got many people to watch the anime and read the mangas, but sadly I only got one friend to read the first half of Episode one and was completely turned off by it. I don't think I'll ever find a person in real life who reads the sound novels like I do. Oh well, that's what you get for only obsessing over niche things. I really have to go to an Anime con one year...

Anyway, here's some lighthearted pictures.

Spoiler for size:

Spoiler for size:

Spoiler for size:
__________________
Revelation is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 21:55   Link #9927
Kealym
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
So, I finally finished drawing and coloring most of the cast. They aren't perfect, but I've got homework, and other socially acceptable excuses.

Also, I've conceptualized some kind of elaborate Chess-meets-Fire-Emblem game in my head, so I put the characters in a faux fighting-game character sheet thing, with stats and attacks and a 'Final Smash' type super move ... ... ...

... ... figured I'd start posting? First Godha, for sake of starting at the bottom. His piece kinda sucks - a pawn for the Staking. In hindsight (because I just made up the attacks as I went, for each character), 'Cowardice' is probably too theoretically useful, since it lets him live through half of everything.

Which he most certainly does not.
Spoiler for size:
Kealym is offline  
Old 2011-06-15, 23:31   Link #9928
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
So, I finally finished drawing and coloring most of the cast. They aren't perfect, but I've got homework, and other socially acceptable excuses.

Also, I've conceptualized some kind of elaborate Chess-meets-Fire-Emblem game in my head, so I put the characters in a faux fighting-game character sheet thing, with stats and attacks and a 'Final Smash' type super move ... ... ...

... ... figured I'd start posting? First Godha, for sake of starting at the bottom. His piece kinda sucks - a pawn for the Staking. In hindsight (because I just made up the attacks as I went, for each character), 'Cowardice' is probably too theoretically useful, since it lets him live through half of everything.

Which he most certainly does not.
Spoiler for size:
Unless it's intentional, you misspelled "Gohda."
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 15:49   Link #9929
alarmadadna hadi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: With the runaways
Quote:
Gohda saw nothing, Gohda heard nothing, Ghoda does nothing
Ahh, is that not the essence of our beloved Gohda

Looking forward to whoever's next
__________________
Saku to Purgatory Mountain visual novel'd
http://www.mediafire.com/?j2ht2956l31e288
alarmadadna hadi is offline  
Old 2011-06-16, 22:11   Link #9930
Macadate
Belphegor's Pincushion
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
School's finally over, so I doodled this to celebrate:
__________________
Sig made by Racheya
Macadate is offline  
Old 2011-06-17, 11:55   Link #9931
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
However, I realized that the picture that I was using as a reference was a little washed out soon after I'd finished the face. I didn't want to go back and redo all of that, so the hair, lips, and skin remain fairer than they should be. I went back and redid the eyes, though; with the addition of the background, they needed to be quite a bit darker. I also couldn't get the expression quite right, she appears to have a more distant sort of beauty compared to the original. The lips don't quite form a smirk

Also, the guy who wanted to buy it had absolutely no clue where it was from. It would have been a complete and utter tragedy for it to have ended up in the hands of that kind of man.
I noticed the skin looked a bit light, but the smirk looks okay. In most pictures of the original, the detail isn't very apparent and it seems more stoic. Nonetheless, that is a stellar piece of work! It definitely should be put in a gold frame and hung in the main hall of your home, not sold off to some goon who won't understand the sheer weight of it's majesty... Still, a $400 dollar offer is quite a testament to your craftmanship.
DoktorFunk is offline  
Old 2011-06-20, 16:04   Link #9932
Boinciel
Mii~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Age: 21
Paint's dry, so I took the painting home. Here's a picture of it next to some random merchandise that I own for a size comparison.

Spoiler for Size comparison:


The next priority is to get it framed, and if possible, include a little plaque with her name on it. A stone epitaph would be nice, but seems rather impractical at this point.
__________________
Boinciel is offline  
Old 2011-06-20, 19:19   Link #9933
AyaSai
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
__________________
}{ SYNESTHESIA }{
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Signature by kittylyoko
AyaSai is offline  
Old 2011-06-21, 11:17   Link #9934
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
That portrait... damn, it's truly gorgeous...
__________________
RedKey is offline  
Old 2011-06-22, 00:36   Link #9935
Kealym
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Unless it's intentional, you misspelled "Gohda."
Eh, it's okay. It's only Godha, after all.

Added Gensawajo, Kinzo, and the three fathers.

Spoiler for Nanjo:

Spoiler for Kumasawa:

Spoiler for Genji:

Spoiler for Kinzo:

Spoiler for Yoshi:

Spoiler for Krauss:

Spoiler for Rudolf:
Kealym is offline  
Old 2011-06-22, 06:36   Link #9936
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Rudolf: Manly Aura: Krauss is listed twice.
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2011-06-22, 09:13   Link #9937
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Hideyoshi has no Meta Super. Is that the point?
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline  
Old 2011-06-22, 10:37   Link #9938
Kealym
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Rudolf: Manly Aura: Krauss is listed twice.
Much obliged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Hideyoshi has no Meta Super. Is that the point?
Just ... couldn't think of anything satisfactory. Eventually landed on "Why am I thinking about this? It's only Hideyoshi, gawd."

Added the mothers. Their drawings came out ... across the board, as far as how much I was satisfied with them.

Spoiler for Natsuhi:

Spoiler for Eva:

Spoiler for Kyrie:

Spoiler for Rosa:
Kealym is offline  
Old 2011-06-22, 17:30   Link #9939
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
Paint's dry, so I took the painting home. Here's a picture of it next to some random merchandise that I own for a size comparison.

Spoiler for Size comparison:


The next priority is to get it framed, and if possible, include a little plaque with her name on it. A stone epitaph would be nice, but seems rather impractical at this point.
I made the frame for mine with my dad, just got some cherrywood floor molding that was about 3/4 inches thick and chopped it to make a frame. The epitaph I really should show here, I copied the original epitaph (dont like the updated one) and beneath every line I traced the japanese characters onto it. I got a piece of random scrap from my construction class and wrote on it with marker after tracing the epitaph from a sheet of paper. Put edges on it and it looks pretty good.

Really want someone who can read kanji to tell me if I failed or not at the japanese :P
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
Kishin is offline  
Old 2011-06-23, 01:20   Link #9940
Kealym
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
And that's everybody, except for the 1998 Humans who didn't have a full portrait (except Kasumi, who got drawn, anyways.)

http://mykealym.deviantart.com/gallery/30853942
Kealym is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.