AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 51 48.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-17, 09:22   Link #61
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Also why did they need all of that? You can easily buy small fireworks for much cheaper price!
As a kid Menma wanted herself and the gang to work as a team and make a rocket. She even had a drawing which the others found later. Did you completely miss or forget about that episode?

Also, what kind of idiots voted a 1 for this?
Old 2011-06-17, 09:28   Link #62
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Also, what kind of idiots voted a 1 for this?
It obvious troll voting. I would just ignore them
Old 2011-06-17, 09:53   Link #63
liro
Super Driver

Forever alone.

Tsuruko what have you done... you look like Keima TWGOK now
Old 2011-06-17, 11:12   Link #64
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Man, Anaru is such a massive crybaby. I can understand being shunned by your first love and all, but man....take it down a notch.

And yeah, "Ugh" at Tsuruko cutting her hair, I mean, she looks okay, but no where near as good as she did with longer hair.

Menma not disappearing is not a surprise at all. Next episode better clear up a few things. Pretty good series all around though, if not a bit to melodramatic for it's own good.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:27   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Anyone noticed that Menma is actually in the process of vanishing? There were two different scenes where she was looking at her hands, and her right one is slowly fading away. I took two screenshots (thumbnails, click for full size).
That's surely tied in with the "sparkling" I mentioned, when Jinta was watching her sleep. Pretty much a guarantee we're going to be hearing about this next week.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:40   Link #66
miketyson

Worth noting: the moth that dies also sparkles a bit. Together with the end of ep9, well, it might mean something.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:06   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think it's time to beat up the old fireworks guy. I mean seriously they worked that hard to make that? It was pretty bleh overall. Guess when you need official permission to make fireworks you can go around ripping off kids like that. Of course also knew the fireworks weren't going to work since it was just too obvious.

Everything has to come together at the end here. The truth behind Menma's death which should be helpful in her moving on and Jintan dealing with his feelings. Could easily see everyone snapping at his selfish decision to want to keep Menma with him. Of course not the only selfish one since I think Yukiatsu just wants to help Menma move on so Jintan can join his suffering.

Understandable for Tsuruko to cut her hair. Maybe the long hair was her small attempt to be more like Menma and grab Yukiatsu's attention. But clearly seeing that for those two there aren't replacements and that it's time to at least try to move on. Whether or not it will work for her is hard to say.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:28   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Again, I think selfishness is not something to criticize here, but largely the point. They're all being selfish in different ways - grief makes us selfish. Accept that and don't deny it - understand it and forgive it and it can help you move on. Every one of these characters is primarily concerned with themselves, not with Menma - even an innocent like Satoshi sees this largely through the impact it's had on him.

The one possible exception I would make to that is Poppo, who seems most genuinely concerned with the group and with Menma's spiritual health. But he has his demons, too, and while they haven't been exposed like the others the series isn't quite over yet.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:36   Link #69
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

All through the whole episode, I couldn't get rid of the mental image of Okada Mari herself going "OH SHIT, I ONLY HAVE ONE EPISODE LEFT, I GOTTA WRAP THINGS UP NAO!!11!1!1"

Says it all, really. I realise that the gang facing their inner demons about Menma is what they've pretty much been doing all series, and yet it still feels like Ano Hana could use one more episode of the same. Maybe it's because its only really a couple of episodes since everyone apart from Jinta could put aside their doubts about ghost!Menma's existence, which have been hindering them from working out their latent feelings about the tragedy up until that point; otherwise, I can't really say why I feel this way.
Old 2011-06-17, 13:09   Link #70
deadite

http://imgur.com/LJqpz

Official art that pretty much confirms that Menma reincarnates into forget me nots.
Old 2011-06-17, 13:10   Link #71
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:

Speculation:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-17, 13:14   Link #72
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Another great episode, love how they keep starting the ED song before they actually go into the ED. Kind of knew that Menma wasn't going to go to heaven by the fireworks. I think it has to do with the thing that Menma said to the others and didn't want Jinta to know. Maybe a surprise birthday party or something for Jinta?
Old 2011-06-17, 13:20   Link #73
SkoolRumble4Ya

Everybody better get 2 boxes of tissue ready for the last episode.
Old 2011-06-17, 13:25   Link #74
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
http://imgur.com/LJqpz

Official art that pretty much confirms that Menma reincarnates into forget me nots.
how does this confirms that Menma reincarnates? LHS looks like the older Menma the one only Jinta sees, and the RHS looks like the old Menma the one that looks EXACTLY like the one in the little shrine thing in Menma's house. In episode 1 where Menma's mother is praying for Menma. In the picture Menma is wearing exactly the same yukata. Unless the bottom left hand side the japanese says that it's not Menma it doesn't prove that Menma reincarnates.

Old 2011-06-17, 13:42   Link #75
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Everyone in this show (save maybe the little brother) is seriously F'd up, and is in need of an army of therapists
Old 2011-06-17, 13:57   Link #76
EroKing

Spoiler for Kawaii Menma:
Old 2011-06-17, 14:00   Link #77
deadite

Menma's hands is also shown fading with her talk with Jinta going home at night.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:14   Link #78
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Menma's hands is also shown fading with her talk with Jinta going home at night.
That's when I noticed it. Except because she was holding her hands together I just thought it was the shadow of a hand pulling her back to heaven because she failed her mission.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:14   Link #79
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Un-fecking-believable. I just don't know what to say. The build up and everything was just so incredible. I was actually kinda surprised that Menma stayed. I mean it thought it was gonna happen but still. I just couldn't help but get caught in the moment. But I just have no idea how they can possibly resolve all of this in one episode...

Last edited by Haak; 2011-06-17 at 14:24.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:14   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Everyone in this show (save maybe the little brother) is seriously F'd up, and is in need of an army of therapists
Oh, I think Satoshi could definitely use a therapist.

Who's the least messed up person in the major cast, I wonder?

Tsuruko? Brutally incisive - I would say ruthless - but expert at self-deception and hasn't told Yukiatsu she loves him in what, 8 years? Fail.

Yukiatsu? Do I even need to go there? Fail.

Jintan? See Yukiatsu. Fail.

Anaru? I feel for her - she's straightforward and wears her heart on her sleeve, but hopelessly hung up on a guy who can't break free of his own past long enough to recognize her. Fail.

Poppo? Tempting. But he dropped out of school, may or may not be making up tales about world travel, and has a serious inferiority complex. Plus, he's stuck in an extended childhood - albeit with a smile on his face - and his "Say it!" mantra in #11 was borderline psychotic. Fail.

Satoshi? Lost his sister as a toddler, and lost his mother at the same time. Feels abandoned by everyone in his family. Fail.

Menmama? Oy. Forget it - fail.

Menpapa? Started off looking like an ogre, turned out to just be a guy in pain trying to save his family after a terrible tragedy. Still... Fail.

Jinta's Dad? Well - way too permissive, but with love. Reacted to his son's pain by being ultra-understanding and letting him do as he wanted, but was always there for support with a smile on his face. I think that constant smile is overcompensation for a heavy heart, but he's borderline.

My vote? Jinta's Dad is the least messed-up.
Closed Thread