AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-13, 14:03   Link #1
Talvius

in search of an anime.

im searching for an anime with great action,a great story, a little of love and comidy. I dunno if some1 knows 1 like that.If so plz tell me.^^
Old 2004-11-13, 15:49   Link #2
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
you almost just described Trigun!

but looking at your avatar, i will assume you've seen that.

>_>

Check out;

Gokudo-kun manyuki
Slayers
Full Metal Panic
One Piece
Slam Dunk
Old 2004-11-13, 16:02   Link #3
donna8157

You should also look at:

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (The 2nd part)
Rurouni Kenshin (A samurai series with action/comedy/drama/ and a little romance)
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo (I don't really know if there is much romance in this one)
Bleach
Juuni Kokki
GetBackers (Really funny with a lot of action . . but no romance really)
Old 2004-11-13, 17:54   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Action - comedy - little romance?

Apart from the ones mentioned do not miss out on

Scrapped Princess :Pacifica Kasull is the most feared and hated person by the followers of the God Mauzel. Known as the Scrapped Princess, she is the poison that will destroy the world. To avoid being killed by the zealots of Mauzel, Pacifica and her adoptive brother and sister leave the village of Manilin. Her brother, Shannon, is an expert with the sword while Racquel is proficient with magic. At every step of the way, however, someone is constantly trying to kill Pacifica, hoping to somehow avert the catastrophe that is supposed to befall the world on her 16th birthday.

Chrno Crusade :The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Covent of Magdalene is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time...

Not a typical action anime but I'm certain you'll like it anyway

Great Teacher Onizuka : Onizuka is an ex-biker and gang leader who has one goal, to become the greatest teacher. He learns of the power and respect possible as an intern teacher, using his strength and connections to get his students to respect him. Now, graduated, he gets a job at a prestigious private school to handle their 'problem class' that made the past few teachers quit. He must handle a different sort of trouble when the trouble makers include some of the smartest kids in Japan who preffer a more cerebral approach to torturing their teacher. Onizuka must slowly win his students over and deal with their mistrust of teachers while handling the distrust of his fellow teachers.

ty ANN 4 descriptions

Old 2004-11-13, 18:48   Link #5
Talvius

thx for all this guys
Old 2004-11-13, 20:01   Link #6
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
You should also look at:

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (The 2nd part)
Rurouni Kenshin (A samurai series with action/comedy/drama/ and a little romance)
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo (I don't really know if there is much romance in this one)
Bleach
Juuni Kokki
GetBackers (Really funny with a lot of action . . but no romance really)

i second getbackers and Rurouni Kenshin, VERY good mangas, pretty cool animes too. Rurouni Kenshin is amazing, a definite must read. Samurai 7, Champloo, and bebop, IMO, aren't very good, and very lacking in plot, action, comedy, and romance.. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is good, but it doesn't really focus on story or action, it's more straight up comedy, unlike the 1st series. but it's still really good, and there's a 3rd series coming up, so it's best to see the 1st two series ASAP.

Juuni Kokki is an excellent fantasy series, with an amazing story. however, i wouldn't say it has any comedy.

oh, and topic creator, check out the Trigun Manga, it's the same as the anime up to ~ep13, but then, when you get to Trigun maximum, things are very different, yet very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Action - comedy - little romance?

Apart from the ones mentioned do not miss out on

Scrapped Princess :Pacifica Kasull is the most feared and hated person by the followers of the God Mauzel. Known as the Scrapped Princess, she is the poison that will destroy the world. To avoid being killed by the zealots of Mauzel, Pacifica and her adoptive brother and sister leave the village of Manilin. Her brother, Shannon, is an expert with the sword while Racquel is proficient with magic. At every step of the way, however, someone is constantly trying to kill Pacifica, hoping to somehow avert the catastrophe that is supposed to befall the world on her 16th birthday.

Chrno Crusade :The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Covent of Magdalene is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time...

Not a typical action anime but I'm certain you'll like it anyway

Great Teacher Onizuka : Onizuka is an ex-biker and gang leader who has one goal, to become the greatest teacher. He learns of the power and respect possible as an intern teacher, using his strength and connections to get his students to respect him. Now, graduated, he gets a job at a prestigious private school to handle their 'problem class' that made the past few teachers quit. He must handle a different sort of trouble when the trouble makers include some of the smartest kids in Japan who preffer a more cerebral approach to torturing their teacher. Onizuka must slowly win his students over and deal with their mistrust of teachers while handling the distrust of his fellow teachers.
Chrno Crusade wasn't very good, but Scrapped Princess is great. Great Teacher onizuka is one of my favorite mangas, very funny, very overall good. the anime doesn't finish the entire manga, however, but what it does cover, is godly.
Old 2004-11-14, 06:05   Link #7
justice_man

I would definitely recommend Full Metal Alchemist
There's practically zero romance/love in FMA but its a must-see if you can live with that
Closed Thread