AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-26, 23:29   Link #11661
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We don't even know what Bardway is up to, but we know the Golden Dawn isn't a strong enough force to take on those big organizations- She backed out immediately rather than to face the wraith of the UK Queen..
She didn't wanted to be involved with the factions being the Anglicans the ones who tried to rid of her cabal by threatening her sister. Look at the war she went all the way to Russia just to analyze the golden arms and head towards the Arctic, I wonder how she knew the destiny of Gabriel that fast and pick up Touma by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Magnetism might require her to fly around while controlling the sand at the same time. Might as well make a surfboard.
What about something like...
Spoiler for this?:
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-06-26, 23:41   Link #11662
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
She didn't wanted to be involved with the factions being the Anglicans the ones who tried to rid of her cabal by threatening her sister. Look at the war she went all the way to Russia just to analyze the golden arms and head towards the Arctic, I wonder how she knew the destiny of Gabriel that fast and pick up Touma by the way.


What about something like...
Spoiler for this?:
I never knew when he got that shit. I remember when he first used a trashcan lid.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-06-26, 23:46   Link #11663
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Not true. If he already knows that Academy City is up to no good he could have done something like make sure no one else knows he is alive and be that trump card that pops out of nowhere. But that idea is now moot.
This is not about what he can or can't do, this is about what's in his character to do.

And it's in his character to go apologise to the girls that he made worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Iirc Aleister is stronger than Fiamma who is waaaay stronger than the world in LPSD form. But Aleister is using the world not destroying it. Who says interrupting a festival with no name mercanaries will trouble the world?

Doesn't Aleisters plans involve changing the world?
Because if word gets out that no name mercenaries can go on rampage in Acaemy City, less children would be sent there.

The Dark side works like any covert organization, it's a well oiled machine but no matter how powerful, you can't just go about doing whatever you like in the open- that just raises too many questions. Hamazura said it before, they prefer to do things in secret and there's a reason for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Armor is still cheesy. But it wouldn't be so bad if it was a shield like Gaaras sand.
Armor is fine, it opens up the Opportunity to show how distorted her personal reality which is the whole point of saying's she's beserking in the first place -_-
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-06-26, 23:56   Link #11664
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is not about what he can or can't do, this is about what's in his character to do.

And it's in his character to go apologise to the girls that he made worried.
Im pretty sure that would have depended on the situation. It's like saying its in character for Touma to have abandoned the star and go with Misaka. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Either way like I said this idea is moot since it already has a chosen course.


Quote:
Armor is fine, it opens up the Opportunity to show how distorted her personal reality which is the whole point of saying's she's beserking in the first place -_-
I don't know if it was your plan to make a Berserk reference. You probably have a vision of the armor much different than mine. To me it looks like a black sandman.

I think wildness or a bit more brutal use of the iron sand would be enough to show her going berserk.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:00   Link #11665
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I don't know if it was your plan to make a Berserk reference. You probably have a vision of the armor much different than mine. To me it looks like a black sandman.

I think wildness or a bit more brutal use of the iron sand would be enough to show her going berserk.
No, I don't watch/read Beserk, but I was thinking about FMA's Greed Black Carbon Armor, or Soul Eater's Maka's Black Blood Dress Armor
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:07   Link #11666
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, I don't watch/read Beserk, but I was thinking about FMA's Greed Black Carbon Armor, or Soul Eater's Maka's Black Blood Dress Armor
I haven't gotten any updates on Soul eater for a while. When did that happen?

On topic. Meh. It's not attractive and Iron sand is sharp but I don't think it can be that strong. It can't cut people because then it would be cutting Misaka.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:12   Link #11667
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I haven't gotten any updates on Soul eater for a while. When did that happen?
Maka has the black blood, didn't you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
On topic. Meh. It's not attractive and Iron sand is sharp but I don't think it can be that strong. It can't cut people because then it would be cutting Misaka.
Obviously Misaka had taken precautions to control the flow of the Vibrating Sands to avoid injurying herself.

This is the same concept the Hypersonic Bombers' [Earth Blade] used to slice a river of magma through France. With enough power, Misaka can do the same.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:19   Link #11668
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Just because a popular character has an amazing power doesn't mean they're God and can do anything.
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:20   Link #11669
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Just because a popular character has an amazing power doesn't mean they're God and can do anything.
...Does that seem like a very God-Like power?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:31   Link #11670
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maka has the black blood, didn't you?
I didn't know she had a dress of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Does that seem like a very God-Like power?
You do know with enough time heating the blade it can split Russia in half.

Also it's a bit of an exxageration. I heard some fan claimed that her power can be strong enough to warp space. There is a limit.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 00:43   Link #11671
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I didn't know she had a dress of it.
She used her blood to form it, you know, like Chrona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
You do know with enough time heating the blade it can split Russia in half.
Mugino's Meltdown can destroy the Earth with enough time, what's your point?

Anything can happen with enough time, and if Academy City have machines that can slice through continents with enough time and material, is that really anything God-like that is awe-inspiring? A Level 5 should be able to do this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Also it's a bit of an exxageration. I heard some fan claimed that her power can be strong enough to warp space. There is a limit.
Any object with mass in space can warp the fabric of space-time
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-06-27, 01:23   Link #11672
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
I can't explain it in anyway besides parameter list. Im having fun right now arguing that Curtana can beat FSN Avalon so in the morning I'll be back.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 03:43   Link #11673
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I can't explain it in anyway besides parameter list. Im having fun right now arguing that Curtana can beat FSN Avalon so in the morning I'll be back.
Wait, what? How can it beat Avalon when Ea wasn't up to it?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 04:10   Link #11674
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
curtana ..... beating avalon? but avalon has it's own world. Isolated world. Though curtana cuts up dimension..... makes me also wonder. but how will you argue on that one.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 04:13   Link #11675
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I can't explain it in anyway besides parameter list. Im having fun right now arguing that Curtana can beat FSN Avalon so in the morning I'll be back.
Ah you're on 4chan too?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 04:49   Link #11676
Breidaluk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Ichihanaransai will be like Daihaseisai right? With the liberation of outside people inside the city and everything else? So Nt2 will be just your average vol and in Nt3 something will happen during the festival
Breidaluk is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 05:23   Link #11677
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Slice of life Index is the best of all Index !
Zakoo is online now  
Old 2011-06-27, 05:25   Link #11678
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Ichihanaransai will be like Daihaseisai right? With the liberation of outside people inside the city and everything else? So Nt2 will be just your average vol and in Nt3 something will happen during the festival
Not exactly, the city will be probably open for public, but Daihaseisai was an interschool sporting competition. Ichihanaransai is a cultural festival. From wiki about cultural festivals:
Quote:
Festivals are held to display the students' learning, but many visit the festivals just for fun. Food is served, and often classrooms or gymnasiums are transformed into temporary restaurants or cafés. Dances, concerts and plays may be performed by individual volunteers or by various school "clubs" such as the dance club, the orchestra club, the band club and the drama club.
And for this the students recieve necessary budget (mentioned in light novels) to buy clothes, materials, food... The closest example to how it would look like is Railgun episode 19.

Yes, it is possible that Ichihanaransai will start in NT2 because it is supposed to start in november, which is already in NT1.
zaeraal is offline  
Old 2011-06-27, 06:15   Link #11679
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Yes, it is possible that Ichihanaransai will start in NT2 because it is supposed to start in november, which is already in NT1.
Highly doubt so; my reasoning being that if Ichihanaransai starts in NT2, the synopsis would definitely mention it.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-06-27, 06:24   Link #11680
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Is that supposed to be what i think it's supposed to be. Because if so, that is seriously disturbing.

Accelerator is one sick, sick man
That's why I still don't understand how anyone can actually like this guy...root for him when he's fighting some great evil maybe but actually like him...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.