AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-09, 21:48   Link #1
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Alternative Animephile Questionaire

Instructions
This is a response to this "official" questionaire. I promise that my version will include an intelligence test as well.

You don't need to keep close track of which questions you gave an A, B, C, or D, because they all get you the same + or - points at the end.
You could stop the test at any time, in which case you can grade yourself not an animephile.

1. Which is better-- Grave of the Fireflies or Princess Mononoke?
A) Grave of the Fireflies
B) Princess Mononoke
C) I refrain from answering because one's a fantasy anime and the other's historical fiction.
D) i havent dled those from kazaa what are they

2. If the only way you could watch a particularly good anime was from HK bootlegs, because the original Japanese tapes are long since gone, would you buy them?
A) No, I'd give up
B) Yes
C) No, I'd go to Japan and look for copies myself
D) Not worth watching anyway

3. Why does AnimeJunkies suck?
A) They translate their subtitles from Korean, and do it badly.
B) They have no respect for the American license holders.
C) Both of the above.
D) I respect all fansubbers! (What's "license" mean again?)

4. Complete this sentence: American culture is to sitcoms as Japanese culture is to...
A) sushi
B) No theater
C) anime
D) ritual suicide

5. Do you consider Dragonball Z an anime?
A) Yes
B) No
C) Well, yeah, but the people who watch it usually don't like regular anime fans.
D) ur gay

6. When I finish a BitTorrent download...
A) I turn it off quickly
B) I seed it forever
C) I leave it on until my computer goes off
D) BitTorrent sucks, I leech off IRC. We need to keep the fansub scene underground.

7. Who's your favourite fansub group?
A) Anime-Keep
B) The Triad
C) Seichi Fansubs
D) Whoever is going to release the next Naruto first

8. Finally, if you stumbled upon a Japanese lolicon gallery by accident, you would...
A) Report it to the ISP
B) Click it off and forget about it
C) Right Click -> Save As
D) whats that

9. Oh, and your favourite smilie?
A)
B)
C)
D) You spelled "fav" wrong.

Totaling your Score:
Congratulations! You're an AnimeSuki member, and you've gone through the whole poll, so that means you're an animephile.
As for the intelligence test, if you realised my test was a non-test on question 9, you are smart, if you realised it on question 8, you are smarter, and if you started getting suspicious around question 7 (because it's totally irrelevant), you are a genius!
Old 2003-12-09, 21:57   Link #2
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
C) I refrain from answering because one's a fantasy anime and the other's historical fiction.
But I personally liked Grave of the Fireflies better...

2. If the only way you could watch a particularly good anime was from HK bootlegs, because the original Japanese tapes are long since gone, would you buy them?
B) Yes
But only if it's a really rare anime...

D) I respect all fansubbers! (What's "license" mean again?)
:P

4. Complete this sentence: American culture is to sitcoms as Japanese culture is to...
C) anime

A) Yes

^^;; I don't want to answer that question...

8. Finally, if you stumbled upon a Japanese lolicon gallery by accident, you would...
B) Click it off and forget about it

D) You spelled "fav" wrong.
[ not sure though ]
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 21:58   Link #3
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Instructions
This is a response to this "official" questionaire. I promise that my version will include an intelligence test as well.

You don't need to keep close track of which questions you gave an A, B, C, or D, because they all get you the same + or - points at the end.
You could stop the test at any time, in which case you can grade yourself not an animephile.

C) I refrain from answering because one's a fantasy anime and the other's historical fiction. Cough*A) Grave of the Fireflies**A) Grave of the Fireflies* cough

A) No, because there are plenty of fish in the sea

C) Both of the above. Although in response to question 7 in my test it was due to Principle P R I N C I P L E of fansubbing..aj doesn't fansubbed licensed stuff they may just want to finnish their project if it does get licensed seeing how it'll be a good year before it gets published.

D) ritual suicide(the day you make me sit through a sitcom is the day I commit D)

Such a hard toss up
A) Yes
D) ur gay

E) Infusion...

not sure what it is but..i'm guessing its one of the two
C) Right Click -> Save As
D) whats that

D) You spelled "fav" wrong. Are you british?

Totaling your Score:
Congratulations! You're an AnimeSuki member, and you've gone through the whole poll, so that means you're an animephile.
As for the intelligence test, if you realised my test was a non-test on question 9, you are smart, if you realised it on question 8, you are smarter, and if you started getting suspicious around question 7 (because it's totally irrelevant), you are a genius!
Yay i'm a pedifile! err i mean animefile
ok my "official" response
Gee ok i thought the whole purpose of this thread was because you got a 3 on my leecher quiz....so where's your detailed "Accurate" scoring system...anyways since you took the time to take mine i guess i'll do yours

Last edited by luckme10; 2003-12-09 at 22:08.
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:00   Link #4
Shii
*Fansubber

My accurate scoring system is that you can't tell someone's personality from nine multiple choice questions. (I don't know where you quoted the word "accurate" from anyway, I never said that.)

It's an incredible theory, but it just might be correct.
Old 2003-12-09, 22:10   Link #5
luckme10
Just call me G

Quote:
My accurate scoring system is that you can't tell someone's personality from nine multiple choice questions. (I don't know where you quoted the word "accurate" from anyway, I never said that.)

It's an incredible theory, but it just might be correct.
Naw i just like to use quotes to make things sound more... defined. The addition of personality and editorials were made to add some spunk into your work... .... Its a form of expression. shesh lighten up a little... anyways if you want the bland boring version of my quiz it's here in the old forums. http://conversion.animesuki.com/Burn...lightuser=3478 Guess somepeople just like their icecream vanilla and there dishes with no spice.

crap that is rather sloppy..I'll try to clean it up
Old 2003-12-09, 22:13   Link #6
Shii
*Fansubber

I was talking about the quiz results, not the multiple choice answers.
Old 2003-12-09, 22:25   Link #7
luckme10
Just call me G

Quote:
I was talking about the quiz results, not the multiple choice answers.
That was supposed to be in humor too... of course you can't determine ones personality just by taking some stupid quiz...everyone knows that. But people still take quizes.. Why? For the enjoyment.
Also I made the mistake of combining two things in my quiz.. that is desire of anime and leecher. With multiple variables one isn't going to come to a logical conclusion anyways...unless of course..one can be simplified down in so that canceling the other one out...which in this case isn't going to happen..It's about as useful as an IQ test...yet ppl still take those...

Last edited by luckme10; 2003-12-09 at 22:37.