AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 55.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 23.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-29, 18:30   Link #121
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
In that subway scene when Mayuri and Okabe were talking, and there was that shot over Okabe's shoulder with a guy standing right behind him, did anyone think that that guy was part of SERN and was about to like take him out? lol
*raises hand* Oh yes. I even gasped aloud when I saw him there.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:32   Link #122
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
wow so both Mayuri and Kurisu died, good thing he time leapt. Too bad it hasn't saved Mayuri from dying though. Maybe being with him is the problem, like she should be completely away because they're after him. Unless he can change world lines as well as the time leap.
Pretty sure Kurisu was shot, probably fatally, but it wasn't a one hit kill; if she had died right then, Okarin would have to worry about saving two girls at the chosen time of their deaths instead of just worrying about Mayuri. That's pretty much the main problem, here; once you die, it's set in stone. So I think even changing world lines wouldn't save Mayuri, since she's set to die at that time.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:45   Link #123
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
^It seems that way, like some things can't be changed even if you alter the past but I hope you're wrong. What bothers me, and which is already mentioned here, is when Moeka says '' Shiina Mayuri is the one who died '' implying it could have been someone else or that they knew to expect for someone to die..

I guess next episode will answer most of these questions.. If Mayuri keeps dying there too, over and over again, then it's pretty much obvious... Ugh can't wait for new episode.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 21:00   Link #124
RDF2050
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
fuck, man. Now he's gotta make a contract.
I said it before and I said now: "We got a lot kyubey EVERYWHERE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Of course. :P

She probably just tripped over like a clumsy motherfu-

In that subway scene when Mayuri and Okabe were talking, and there was that shot over Okabe's shoulder with a guy standing right behind him, did anyone think that that guy was part of SERN and was about to like take him out? lol

I was so anxious, waiting for that guy to make his move or something. Then Nae came...
Yeah, I thought the same thing. He must be from SERN.
__________________
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:08   Link #125
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
'The tragedy can be avoided! Fate can be contested.' As long as everyone can join the rank to combat it, Mayuri can definitely be saved, just like how Kurisu was in ep 1

PS: i thought Mayuri purposely jumped down to the subway line back then. Was she head-butted that hard?
__________________
risingstar3110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:40   Link #126
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Age: 26
I hope someone from Sern purposefully tripped Nae. If not, then it is Mayuri's "fate" to die on that day in all the time lines. If so, then a drastic change is needed because as long as she is a lab member she'll probably die.
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:59   Link #127
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Why not send a D-Mail and stop Daru the day he connected to SERN's database?

Also, Okarin must have the grip of a starved 5-year old kid, and Nae must tackle like an American football player to send Mayuri flying like that. Mayuri may also be as light as a feather.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 00:31   Link #128
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Moeka says '' Shiina Mayuri is the one who died '' implying it could have been someone else or that they knew to expect for someone to die..
I agree, that line struck me as very odd as well. It might be why Moeka kills Mayuri the first time, because she didn't want to have to kill the others? A case of choosing the lesser evil? Though, this would all imply that she's got some foreknowledge, which would imply her side has input from time travel.

John Titor may have come back in time to change his future, but it's probably not entirely crazy to think SERN must have people traveling back in time as well.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 01:18   Link #129
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Also, Okarin must have the grip of a starved 5-year old kid, and Nae must tackle like an American football player to send Mayuri flying like that. Mayuri may also be as light as a feather.
I wonder if Nae did it intentionally but she pretended it to be the accident........That will be scary plot, you know

Edit: They just finished Time leap Machine in the day Mayuri is killed right?. If he go back more than 24 hour, he will arrive at the time that Time leap Machine wasn't complete yet. If he stop Time leap Machine project before it complete, it may change something. (For example: SERN will delay their attack.)

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-06-30 at 01:52.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 02:00   Link #130
Kagura89
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Why not send a D-Mail and stop Daru the day he connected to SERN's database?
As explained by Okabe, D-mail having much chaotic variables & will having random result if used. Who knew when he used again D-mail, SERN already rule the world or all of his friends are dead. I'm sure that using Time Leap machine is a direct/controllable approach to save Mayuri even the end result refuses to let Mayuri live beyond the designated time He just keep trying over & over again and maybe he will find another solution for this tragedy.
__________________
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 02:16   Link #131
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Why not send a D-Mail and stop Daru the day he connected to SERN's database?
Aside from the possible complications this would bring, it is unknown whether SERN knew about them after Daru hacked SERN. There's no way SERN can somehow install a fiber-optics connection without anyone noticing when Okabe practically lives there all the time.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 03:01   Link #132
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where you live... the question is, do you see me?
Age: 20
This could have all been avoided if Okarin had stood 5 feet away from the train tracks. Doesn't anyone read the safety signs?!

Mayuri seems to die at the exact same time (8:00 PM) in each world line. In addition, she notices time coming to a stop in two of the world lines, right before she gets killed. Okarin also notices the hourglass in his apartment stopping as well. I don't believe SERN has the power to stop time from flowing forward... suggesting some other agent is causing a temporal disturbance.

I have a bad feeling about Okarin constantly shifting world lines to save Mayuri. Okarin seems to be shutting out everyone and everything else around him - quite a dangerous trait for someone who can change the past at will. Even if Mayuri survives... at what cost, Okarin? Will you abandon your friends just to save your best friend?

My personal prediction: Okarin will realize there is no way to avoid Mayuri's death, unless he turns himself over to SERN in exchange for sparing Mayuri's life.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 04:06   Link #133
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
[link removed]
I guess the Madoka comparisons finally starts. Of course one must note that Steins;Gate came first.
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru

Last edited by Skyfall; 2011-07-05 at 08:30.
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 05:21   Link #134
tomtkp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Real world
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
[link removed]

I guess the Madoka comparisons finally starts. Of course one must note that Steins;Gate came first.
It is natural that some compares episode 13 of Steins;Gate to Madoka despite the fact that the VN version came first because Madoka is still very popular than Steins;Gate for now.But actually the scenes in episode 13 of S;G are common scenes in most of the time travel stories such as Hollywood movies like "Butterfly Effect" and "The Time Machine".Since Madoka had just finished,it is normal that when one watched that scene,they will be reminded of Madoka.

I have read your post and I find that you misunderstood the Suzuha part.Remember what did Suzuha ask before leaving the Lab in the last episode?She asked Okarin and friends whether they have created the time leap machine.When Okarin admitted it,she left the lab before Moeka and the gang striked.Then in episode 13,after Mayuri was shot dead,Suzuha stormed in the lab and told Okarin that "The 42 inch TV has turned on".Literally what she wanted to tell Okarin was "Please use the time leap machine,now!!" and luckily Okarin understood it.Therefore,Suzuha's objective of leaving the Lab before Moeka came was to activate the time leap machine by turning on the CRT TV for Okarin's use.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2011-07-05 at 08:30.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 07:43   Link #135
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Since she didn't seem to be making excuses (beyond "I didn't mean to", that is), I think she merely tripped. Okabe better leap to the past again, if nothing else so Nae isn't traumatized.
I don't think we have to worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Mayuri seems to die at the exact same time (8:00 PM) in each world line. In addition, she notices time coming to a stop in two of the world lines, right before she gets killed. Okarin also notices the hourglass in his apartment stopping as well. I don't believe SERN has the power to stop time from flowing forward... suggesting some other agent is causing a temporal disturbance.
I've noticed a theory forming that the world lines are ending with Mayuri's death, and that's creating the temporal disturbance. The Time Leap machine actually screws with causality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
I have a bad feeling about Okarin constantly shifting world lines to save Mayuri. Okarin seems to be shutting out everyone and everything else around him - quite a dangerous trait for someone who can change the past at will. Even if Mayuri survives... at what cost, Okarin? Will you abandon your friends just to save your best friend?
He's not shifting world lines, at least as I understand it. Part of the difference between the D-Mail and the Time Leap is that a Leap is on one's own world line, while the D-mail switches (and perhaps creates?) the world line on which Okarin's consciousness is.

I could of course be wrong about that.

Causality may be what's actually getting Mayuri killed repeatedly. Okarin originally jumped to the past to save Mayuri. If Mayuri didn't die, then Okarin didn't go into the past. (This all assumes that he's not jumping world lines with the Time Leap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
My personal prediction: Okarin will realize there is no way to avoid Mayuri's death, unless he turns himself over to SERN in exchange for sparing Mayuri's life.
Which may not even work.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 08:46   Link #136
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 23
Oh man, I wasn't expecting this. I thought once she had died it was over for her, but there's still a small bit of hope that she can be saved. Nothing in this world line is changing on that day other than what Okarin changes, the fact that both times he tried to save her, SERN knew where they were and somehow caused her death both times, I have no idea what on earth he's going to do.

I thought seeing mayushii die once was bad enough, but...
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 10:43   Link #137
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Endless Eight All Over! Without boobies.
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 10:55   Link #138
Fimbulvetr
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austria
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
He's not shifting world lines, at least as I understand it. Part of the difference between the D-Mail and the Time Leap is that a Leap is on one's own world line, while the D-mail switches (and perhaps creates?) the world line on which Okarin's consciousness is.

I could of course be wrong about that.
I hope you are, that would be lame.
All alternations must cause branching, the only way to not create a new timeline is the Perfect Looping scenario, where everything stays exactly the same, even though the time travallers wanted to change the outcome (most of the time it was them who caused that outcome in the first place). This is not that kind of story.

Mayuri dying all the time is either coincidence, has a cause that is yet unknown, or is simply 'fate' (which is no actual explanation but people/writers seem to love that kind of stuff), it has nothing to do with time travel mechanics though - I hope.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:11   Link #139
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
I hope you are, that would be lame.
All alternations must cause branching, the only way to not create a new timeline is the Perfect Looping scenario, where everything stays exactly the same, even though the time travallers wanted to change the outcome (most of the time it was them who caused that outcome in the first place). This is not that kind of story.

Mayuri dying all the time is either coincidence, has a cause that is yet unknown, or is simply 'fate' (which is no actual explanation but people/writers seem to love that kind of stuff), it has nothing to do with time travel mechanics though - I hope.
The show, so far, has shown that D-mails change world lines - in other words, things that the D-mail directly changed, change, but other things can change too. Each Time Leap so far has placed Okarin in the exact same temporal place, so far as we've been able to tell. So I postulate this in answer to your worry: rather than 'switching' world-lines, the Time Leap may actually branch instead, from the point at which the 'current' person gets replaced by the 'future' person from the cell-phone download.

Maybe the Time Leap creates world lines, while D-mails allow jumping between them.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:18   Link #140
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 23
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^It seems that way, like some things can't be changed even if you alter the past but I hope you're wrong. What bothers me, and which is already mentioned here, is when Moeka says '' Shiina Mayuri is the one who died '' implying it could have been someone else or that they knew to expect for someone to die..

I guess next episode will answer most of these questions.. If Mayuri keeps dying there too, over and over again, then it's pretty much obvious... Ugh can't wait for new episode.
As I've heard in jap, she meant that it's "Shiina Mayuri is the one who (was ran over by me)", so I see no overshadowing there.

Also, I'm certain that I saw Kurisu being shot in the right shoulder, so it wasn't fatal.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.