AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-01, 17:39   Link #8001
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Do you remember what you told me here? You told me that "you don't love Eba anymore". Was that a lie? (rethorical question, asked in a biased way, maybe in order to set the stage for what is coming next. She is talking about something he said almost 2 years earlier - in very different circumstances - as if it was something he said yesterday)
I'm sorry a "rethorical question"? I don't think so.
Even if it was said 2 years ago it would still stand to the present day.
He's going back on his words but still it's hard to hold those words against him cause he was just a greenling then, too young to know better.

But the fact stands that Haruto dumped his current girlfriend so he could run back to his ex-girlfriend.
Whether one wants to say that is wrong or not it's up to them but he did it in a pretty bad manner.

Kiyomi and Asuka are probably the only people that have a right to be angry at Haruto where as Takashi and Akari only have reason.
And reason why Kiyomi has a right is cause of what Haruto said 2 years ago.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:01   Link #8002
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
some of you are acting like it's a sin to love someone else... these sort of things happen all the time, it's not unique or evil, it happens.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:22   Link #8003
Bigspeed
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm sorry a "rethorical question"? I don't think so.
Even if it was said 2 years ago it would still stand to the present day.
He's going back on his words but still it's hard to hold those words against him cause he was just a greenling then, too young to know better.

But the fact stands that Haruto dumped his current girlfriend so he could run back to his ex-girlfriend.
Whether one wants to say that is wrong or not it's up to them but he did it in a pretty bad manner.

Kiyomi and Asuka are probably the only people that have a right to be angry at Haruto where as Takashi and Akari only have reason.
And reason why Kiyomi has a right is cause of what Haruto said 2 years ago.
It is rethorical because what can you say? if he dumped Asuka for Eba then you don't need to ask such a question do you? You say it was a pretty bad manner? Well yeah things took a bad turn and he lost his affection for Asuka in a rather short period but how could Haruto as a person Stop this? Kiyomi has no reason at all she didn't even look for one, she wanted Haruto to be in the wrong she really just didn't want Asuka her friend to get hurt but her reason isnt justified.
Bigspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:41   Link #8004
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
It is rethorical because what can you say? if he dumped Asuka for Eba then you don't need to ask such a question do you? You say it was a pretty bad manner? Well yeah things took a bad turn and he lost his affection for Asuka in a rather short period but how could Haruto as a person Stop this? Kiyomi has no reason at all she didn't even look for one, she wanted Haruto to be in the wrong she really just didn't want Asuka her friend to get hurt but her reason isnt justified.
Exact.
And that was the reason why i wrote this a couple of pages ago.
"Thatīs what iīm saying. She is the girlfriend of their friend and they not only donīt hang out with her, they only "know" her for a couple of days on their trip to Hiroshima and since college started and that is maybe for 4 months. Except for Kiyomi. She knows her far longer. And that was the reason why only Kiyomi was there and not his so called friends. Asuka was only talking with Kiyomi and we know that Kiyomi was always jealous of Yuzuki because Kazama loved Yuzuki and she hated her for that. Who knows exactly what Kiyomi told the others and how much she exaggerated. And Takashi seems to be Kiyomis slave.
We havenīt seen Akari either. It was only Takashi that said that Akari thinks the same."
This is only my explanation of the situation and i could be wrong. It still doesnīt make it right how his "friends" are behaving.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 21:02   Link #8005
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
some of you are acting like it's a sin to love someone else... these sort of things happen all the time, it's not unique or evil, it happens.
Not sure how to put this for me but I don't see loving someone else as a sin cause as you say it happens all the time, it's just a very gray matter that can go either way depending on just how one looks at it.
I actually have no probs with Haruto and Eba getting together, I don't think Haruto breaking up with Asuka was wrong just done rather badly or poorly but like everyone knows break ups are a messing thing.

I just don't get why people think theres no reason to be angry at Haruto when there is.
Sure you can think he's got his right which he does but still gotta understand that there is reason for the gang to be angry at him for what he's done. Doesn't mean you have to like the fact theres reason there but know it's there.

I was gonna go into reasons why I thought Kiyomi asked that question about before but it's late and I can't be bothered to(and I doubt I'll be bothered to write one up later) so I'll concede that it is a "rhetorical question" guess we shouldn't hold the past too tightly.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 22:26   Link #8006
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not sure how to put this for me but I don't see loving someone else as a sin cause as you say it happens all the time, it's just a very gray matter that can go either way depending on just how one looks at it.
I actually have no probs with Haruto and Eba getting together, I don't think Haruto breaking up with Asuka was wrong just done rather badly or poorly but like everyone knows break ups are a messing thing.

I just don't get why people think theres no reason to be angry at Haruto when there is.
Sure you can think he's got his right which he does but still gotta understand that there is reason for the gang to be angry at him for what he's done. Doesn't mean you have to like the fact theres reason there but know it's there.

I was gonna go into reasons why I thought Kiyomi asked that question about before but it's late and I can't be bothered to(and I doubt I'll be bothered to write one up later) so I'll concede that it is a "rhetorical question" guess we shouldn't hold the past too tightly.
The problem is not that they are mad. The problem is that they are threatening him with throwing away their over 10 years long friendship just because he broke up with a girl that they never hang out with and barely know for at most 4 months. The threat is the problem. Go back to Asuka or we wonīt be your stupid friends anymore. This is the problem.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 22:59   Link #8007
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think a lot of people are missing the point.

Haruto's friends aren't mad at him because of a single act. They are mad at him because of his pattern of behavior over a long period of time. They are sick of him and are disgusted at his tendency to make poor choices and hurt others. They would prefer to get rid of him rather than be put through the emotional wringer once again.

It's a bit harsh and much of the blame lies with them for being busybodies and gossips instead of minding their own business and letting Haruto live his own life. Aside from Aoi, Rin, and possibly Takashi and Akari, the rest aren't directly involved and should act accordingly.

No one has a right to tell Haruto who to date or who to fall in love with, but there are some decisions that are out of bounds. Moving in with Eba would qualify as such and I'm afraid that's where we're headed next.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:05   Link #8008
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Right now his friends are really mad at him and aren't thinking clearly. Takashi and Akari should come around at some point. Rin will as well (for Eba). And I don't think Aoi ever ditched Haruto; he was the one who moved out.

I think we should give them some time to sort things out. My hunch is that they'll forgive him pretty quickly.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:44   Link #8009
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
The problem is not that they are mad. The problem is that they are threatening him with throwing away their over 10 years long friendship just because he broke up with a girl that they never hang out with and barely know for at most 4 months. The threat is the problem. Go back to Asuka or we wonīt be your stupid friends anymore. This is the problem.
the wording by takashi isn't necessarily get back with her. by patching things up he could just be telling haruto to talk to asuka more clearly and explain himself since he is aware of Haruto's issue of never explaining things properly. for haruto though he feels he's explained everything that he needed to and that's where the problem lies between him, Takeshi, and Akari
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:57   Link #8010
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Haruto has explained everything he needed to. Sometimes it's just better to tell the truth and make a clean break.

Takeshi and Akari are just frustrated with him and need a little more time. Once they cool off I think they will gradually mend things with Haruto. It might take a little while before they're best buddies again, though.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:02   Link #8011
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
the wording by takashi isn't necessarily get back with her. by patching things up he could just be telling haruto to talk to asuka more clearly and explain himself since he is aware of Haruto's issue of never explaining things properly. for haruto though he feels he's explained everything that he needed to and that's where the problem lies between him, Takeshi, and Akari
Reread what Kiyomi said.
Kiyomi: So! Go apologize to her and make up! You are just being fooled by Eba-san right now. If you calm down and think about it you'll see that you are wrong...

And read what Takashi said after he told Haruto that Kiyomi was the one that told him what happened.
Spoiler for chapter 142 page 12:

Takashi: If you donīt patch things up one more time, Akari in I wonīt be your friends anymore.

A simple threat. Go back to her or we wonīt be your friends anymore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

No one has a right to tell Haruto who to date or who to fall in love with, but there are some decisions that are out of bounds. Moving in with Eba would qualify as such and I'm afraid that's where we're headed next.
Where is the problem of moving in with the person you love?
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:02   Link #8012
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
some of you are acting like it's a sin to love someone else... these sort of things happen all the time, it's not unique or evil, it happens.
I agree with your point, it happens in life too, but posters are angry at Seo attempt for break-up transition.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:28   Link #8013
mangaf_cksdotcom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
"if ur friend punched an innocent guy it is ur duty as a friend to pull him back and tell him that he was wrong and not help him beat that guy... that's why they cant support his decision..."

This reasoning is terrible, how does this relate at all? I can't even see where you would go with this.
...

i should have said that this "innocent guy" is also a friend of theirs... hwooo! damn, i need to be more elaborate so other minds could function...

asuka= innocent guy - victim
haruto= your friend - fool - selfish
friends= you - uhmmm...
hurt/dumped = punched

so what will you do in this situation? will u help punch the innocent guy? wont stop your friend cause u dont care, its their problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
" it will be worse if they would support haruto and would just leave their other friend asuka crying alone even she did nothing wrong...."

Your right Asuka did nothing wrong, but neither did Haruto, Ditching Haruto because he found the love of his life and it ended up hurting one of their friends is just as silly as ditching Asuka, You have to be neutral or you will sever friendships, being Bias just leads to bigger splitting in the group.
...

haruto has a change of heart, he knew he was guilty of his selfish actions and knew the outcome, that's why he cant face them or talk back... just accept it, dude...

Asuka was the victim (and a friend) and needs the support rather than haruto (even if he's a friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
"and with haruto's past, they really are fed up of his actions.. they let his selfishness slip a lot of times before, but it is more serious now."

What? When? what has he done thats selfish? its not selfish to want to be happy, and with the one you love, all I can think of is the going to tokyo without asking anyone for advice, What incidents are you referring to?
...

check the nanami and hiroshima arc, eba's return to tokyo, haruto going to tokyo, and the last 30 chapters... that sums up mostly the whole manga, so reread it...

advice? he nearly punched akari for this and luckily ended up just pushing her aside.. he would rather take Rin's and Shiori's plots than advice from his childhood friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
"it would be too bad if your friends would support the guy/girl who cheated on u.."
"forget that haruto who cant keep his word and find a better man.."

You consider Haruto cheating? He feel in love with Eba then he broke it off with Asuka when he could so that he didn't have to cheat on her, and can't keep his word? Your arguments aren't realistic no one can keep all their promises or never tell a lie, even if its by accident, Haruto was totally faithful too his feelings for Asuka, do you remember him running back to Disneyland to buy the new keychain because he didn't want the one bought with Eba to feel dirty, Haruto is a decent guy who fell in love with a girl who loves him back, and they both decided to accept the consequences aslong as they are together.
...

-Cheating (cheeting)
1. Not faithful to a spouse or lover
2. Violating accepted standards or rules
3. A deception for profit to yourself
4. Deprive somebody of something by deceit
5. Defeat someone through trickery or deceit
6. Be sexually unfaithful to one's partner


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
"what would the gang tell asuka? "sorry asuka, he just chose eba over u...and we support him because he is our childhood friend"... they cant be neutral, its normal to side the victim.."

Your example isn't being neutral, and your confusing normal with social standards, its standard that the one who got dumped will be feeling bad and they usually get the attention, but that doesn't mean you side with Asuka just because she got hurt.
...
of course they shouldnt be neutral... there was a victim of one's selfishness...and that victim is a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
"some people just can't understand, dont want to understand, or doesnt even have experience. hopefully, u wont be the next asuka, and worse, with no friends to support u cause they support the one who dumped u, laughing from afar..."

Totally different from what happened or what I'm saying should happen, and your quite hypocritical, with "some people just can't understand, dont want to understand", and also I have experience Two of my best friends had a similar situation though it was more like 1 year instead of 2, one of my other friends started calling the guy who broke up with the girl who was hurt a douchebag and kept ratting on him so i beat the shit out of him, and you know what were best friends today, this was about a year ago and he still thanks me for doing so because you know what, the flaw in all relationships either gf and bf or just good friends is trying to walk in someone elses shoes is really totally impossible and you can never be 100% sure of what their feeling/thinking.
...

it would really be impossible to put yourself in one's shoes if u havent experienced it or dont have an idea about it. why did u beat the other guy? cause you favored your bestfriend and u dont like it when someone call him names.. the fact u didnt care about your bestfriend hurting other people is that u yourself tolerate his foolishness... is this dumped girl your friend? u didnt support her when she's crying, depressed and alone? or u just dont care... as expected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
My last point on the topic is making sure you approach all situations with a level head and the confidence to believe in yourself and the choices you make and think are the right ones.
yeah, we should clear our mind first and include other factors before deciding, dont rush things like haruto did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspeed View Post
Ah also the girl and guy i was talking about who broke up there friends again and we all still hang out, hes still dating the girl from a year ago and there planning on moving in together, I know for sure that if I hadn't reacted to my friend siding with the heartbroken girl that our group would have split up, ah though I said beat the shit out of it was more like two punchs and a bunch of yelling at him, and after I explained my POV he agreed and I apologized for hitting him and we have been good friend ever since.
time heals a broken heart.. they moved on and asuka should too... also, good job to your friend siding with the broken-hearted, atleast that girl had some support and helped her make it thru that pain... but she also felt guilty that she caused him to be beaten up by ubecause he supported her... she must have thought that "i should be alone that time" so he wouldn't be beaten by u... unlike your bestfriend that dumped her, he got away clean, he has a bodyguard who thinks he is neutral...
...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-07-04 at 17:04. Reason: Throwing insults while trying to make your point only makes you look bad.
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:37   Link #8014
Tactics
Oath Sign
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Asia
I personally think, everything will be depend on Haruto action.

Which one would he choose,

1. Talk to Asuka to patch things up, and continue moving with Eba.
2. Avoiding Asuka to make sure he didn't need her on his life anymore.

I wonder, what will happens if Asuka parents visiting her ? ^^;
Will Haruto receive a Falcon Punch ?
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:43   Link #8015
igotbored
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I don't know why people are stressing over the Haruto/Asuka break up, I agree that the break up was not clean and was harsh for Asuka but u cant blame him as it was the right thing to do though the manner that it was done might not have been agreeable.

from the spoilers i can say that Haruto/Yuzuki relationship might work out pretty well this time around. I do believe him moving out would be a step forward for them and would promote character development for both of them, if Takashi and Akari don't come around then it seriously undermine the life long friendship that they have.
igotbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 03:13   Link #8016
mangaf_cksdotcom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Haruto breaking up with Asuka was the best thing for both of them... give them time and they will let it slip... Asuka would find a better partner and succeed in softball.. takashi will get a gf, kiyomi moves on from kazama and finds a bf, nanami and akari would also find good bf's... they won't have time to think about haruto and eba... if they meet again, they'll just, "duh, everyones happy now, no need to bring up the past"...

but for now, haruto should face the consequence as it is still fresh... sneaking, awkward moments, guilt... it's normal...

this would be their last obstacle as they both confirmed their feelings.. finally, its gonna end..

i just hope that Seo would not pull an arrange marriage for Eba because her father wanted to save his losing company, so Seo can prolong the story and earn more money...
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 03:24   Link #8017
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I personally think, everything will be depend on Haruto action.

Which one would he choose,

1. Talk to Asuka to patch things up, and continue moving with Eba.
2. Avoiding Asuka to make sure he didn't need her on his life anymore.

I wonder, what will happens if Asuka parents visiting her ? ^^;
Will Haruto receive a Falcon Punch ?
For #2
Spoiler for 142:

Running away and not facing his problems head on... he still needs to mature up more, hopefully someone other than Eba will do this, because she also needs to grow up too or show it after being gone for 2 years. awaiting further chapters...
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 03:42   Link #8018
night train
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
asuka= innocent guy - victim
Asuka is a rebound. No other way around it. Rebounds never turn out well. If you think otherwise then you don't have real life experience. Sorry, but true.
Quote:
-Cheating (cheeting)
1. Not faithful to a spouse or lover
2. Violating accepted standards or rules
3. A deception for profit to yourself
4. Deprive somebody of something by deceit
5. Defeat someone through trickery or deceit
6. Be sexually unfaithful to one's partner
Haruto avoided all this by breaking up before shit hits the fan. Haruto's action were questionable during the festival arc however he manned up quick and made a clean break. In this given situation, someone is bound to be hurt, there is no way around it. Instead of sneaking around and going behind Asuka's back, Haruto respected Asuka enough to tell her the truth.
Eba is the reason that Haruto moved to Tokyo. Akari/Takashi was mad because they felt Haruto is choosing Eba over their friendship. Asuka was planning her move before she knew about Haruto/Eba's relationship. Asuka moved into the void that Eba created. Haruto never shown Asuka the dedication that he shown Eba. Haruto didn't even want to move on from Eba til Koyomi/Nanami's push for Asuka. Realistically, Haruto did the right thing by breaking off the current relationship that no longer interests him.
In real life, you are not forced to stay with someone that you no longer love, especially if there are no kids involved and you are not even twenty years old. That shit about staying with someone because it's the right thing just doesn't happen, manga idealism does not apply to real world.

Last edited by night train; 2011-07-02 at 03:57.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 03:44   Link #8019
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
For #2
Spoiler for 142:

Running away and not facing his problems head on... he still needs to mature up more, hopefully someone other than Eba will do this, because she also needs to grow up too or show it after being gone for 2 years. awaiting further chapters...
Spoiler for spoiler chapter 142:

Last edited by Emulator; 2011-07-02 at 06:16.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 04:06   Link #8020
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Spoiler tags would be nice for those that don't want to be spoiled before the actual chapter is out...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.