AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-07, 18:04   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Hmm, isn't that "kind" of a good thing? That it doesn't fit all the time, wouldn't that mean that it isn't really forced?
Essentially, that's one way of looking at it; but it also means you're trying to squeeze a circle into a triangle. You're banging away at it with a mallet- it's loud, it's messy, and you could potentially lose a finger.

Maybe that's what the author wants, maybe that's how real relationships are like- Love and Hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Yep, there are not many couples that are told good in Animes or Mangas, most of the couples are just blown past because they rush it too much, but Novels tend to describe more, giving it a lot more depth. So that might be it, and I will have to suck it up until Baka tsuki translates that 33%, because without that I can never be 100% sure of the outcome, which is making me crazy >_>

Soon I will probably break down and ask someone what happens in those 33%.
Essentially, Anime Coupling is about chemistry- the best pairings, the one that you'll see drove of fan support, are the ones that work well together.... Or, at least look good together.

That being said; I don't particularly think the Kinji/Aria pairing is good material. But like I've said- maybe that's why the Author is going for? A pairing that doesn't happen smoothly and hence more realistic?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
She does show her weak side almost instantly whenever Kinji goes into hysteria mode, but I feel that is what most girls tend to do in animes, they easily blush and easily tremble in front of the suave main character. But hehe, I don't mind her weak side popping up, I just find it adorable.
Nonono, you misunderstood me.

Blushing and being all worked up is normal bread-and-butter. What I meant is that she has all these girly traits like liking Soft Toys and being afraid of Thunder and can't swim, which is fine because all Tsunderes have one girly trait or another, but she's also suppose to be this experienced tough-as-nail, lone wolf gunslinger girl that doesn't take crap from no one and doesn't give two-hoot about what others think.

So far I'm getting the exact opposite impression. She's too emotionally vulnerable and obviously cares very very much what other say or think. How many trigger issues does she have? 'Mother', 'Trust', 'Friendship' etc...

Plus she likes to play the 'tears game' whenever she and Kinji gets into their mandatory volume falling out- That's a big NONO a Tsundere's tears are suppose to be the Nectar of the Gods, you don't just play card whenever you feel like it.

Essentially, she comes off as too girly and needy, which clashes horribly with her bratty nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
But maybe you are right, I didn't look at it in that way. I guess it just doesn't bother me, as long as they develop her and not keep her predictable. Because you know the scene when
Spoiler:
I was pretty sure that she would whip out her guns, but her other reaction surprised me a little. In that aspect they have improved her, making her less trigger happy and more whats the word "reasonable" maybe?
I don't think about it either, I thought all this crap would be put to bed after volume 5, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. But it takes two hands to clap, and I hold Kinji to a higher standard- But this is Aria's thread.

But I'm sure you've noticed since it was in your rant, but it feels like we're walking forwards and back with this relationship. Essentially, whatever development or progress they supposedly have, I would advice not to invest too much faith into it.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-07, 20:17   Link #62
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Essentially, that's one way of looking at it; but it also means you're trying to squeeze a circle into a triangle. You're banging away at it with a mallet- it's loud, it's messy, and you could potentially lose a finger.

Maybe that's what the author wants, maybe that's how real relationships are like- Love and Hate.
Yeah I know what you are getting at, I was just stating a slight joke. But yeah I have noticed, the relationship isn't smooth at all, which makes it hard for me to be a fan of them. Having to read their snail like pace while getting mad at them.

But oddly enough I find it a bit charming, it's whats keeps me going, it's a bit unlike most I've seen, but yes I admit. It's a bit annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Essentially, Anime Coupling is about chemistry- the best pairings, the one that you'll see drove of fan support, are the ones that work well together.... Or, at least look good together.

That being said; I don't particularly think the Kinji/Aria pairing is good material. But like I've said- maybe that's why the Author is going for? A pairing that doesn't happen smoothly and hence more realistic?
Yeah, like I said above just that is what makes it hard to be a fan of them, the worry that something will go wrong, because the author keeps leading you on, only to drop it two chapters later, what I hate most of all is when they reset the development they made, maybe you saw the rant post I made about a certain situation that happen in the end of the fifth novel.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nonono, you misunderstood me.

Blushing and being all worked up is normal bread-and-butter. What I meant is that she has all these girly traits like liking Soft Toys and being afraid of Thunder and can't swim, which is fine because all Tsunderes have one girly trait or another, but she's also suppose to be this experienced tough-as-nail, lone wolf gunslinger girl that doesn't take crap from no one and doesn't give two-hoot about what others think.

So far I'm getting the exact opposite impression. She's too emotionally vulnerable and obviously cares very very much what other say or think. How many trigger issues does she have? 'Mother', 'Trust', 'Friendship' etc...

Plus she likes to play the 'tears game' whenever she and Kinji gets into their mandatory volume falling out- That's a big NONO a Tsundere's tears are suppose to be the Nectar of the Gods, you don't just play card whenever you feel like it.

Essentially, she comes off as too girly and needy, which clashes horribly with her bratty nature.
I see where you are getting at, but seeing as she did work alone for most of her life and managed to capture these 99 criminals without even letting one go, basically I guess being alone for such a long time when it was in her

Spoiler:
it might have all been bottled up feelings. But I know what you are saying, I'm just thinking wishfully, she is different from the normal tsundere character, maybe it isn't right to call her a tsundere she seems more like a mash up.

Also her bratty nature reminds me of a certain other Tsundere, namely Kirino from "My little sister can't be this cute" I read through an episode forum for every episode, and holy hell did people hate her, they hated her to the very core. Which is funny too me, because her actions (While they were horrible and very selfish) didn't phase me. *shrug* maybe I'm just a masochist and the idea of a woman verbally and physically abusing me sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think about it either, I thought all this crap would be put to bed after volume 5, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. But it takes two hands to clap, and I hold Kinji to a higher standard- But this is Aria's thread.

But I'm sure you've noticed since it was in your rant, but it feels like we're walking forwards and back with this relationship. Essentially, whatever development or progress they supposedly have, I would advice not to invest too much faith into it.
Yeah, that was probably the part where I was most disappointed and got genuinely angry, like I said above, maybe you saw that large rant I made about that ending and the setting for the sixth and seventh novel, stating how much I hated that they
Spoiler:


I guess the author didn't want it to go that fast so he had to abruptly break it, with the classical anime cop out. Needless to say, I got pretty pissed and it really did lower the feel of the sixth and seventh novel, for me at least. Although, my inner fanboy did rejoice a bit in the second and third chapter of the seventh novel.

Also a question, I guess you aren't particularly fond of Aria, seeing your posts. I don't mean to call you out or go all angry fanboy on you, just a curious question

Also, have you read all the novels? With that I mean, do you understand Japanese well enough to have read the non-translated ones.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-07, 20:57   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Yeah, like I said above just that is what makes it hard to be a fan of them, the worry that something will go wrong, because the author keeps leading you on, only to drop it two chapters later, what I hate most of all is when they reset the development they made, maybe you saw the rant post I made about a certain situation that happen in the end of the fifth novel.
Nay, the ending of volume 5 didn't bother me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
I see where you are getting at, but seeing as she did work alone for most of her life and managed to capture these 99 criminals without even letting one go, basically I guess being alone for such a long time when it was in her

Spoiler:
it might have all been bottled up feelings. But I know what you are saying, I'm just thinking wishfully, she is different from the normal tsundere character, maybe it isn't right to call her a tsundere she seems more like a mash up.
Yes she has the credentials, but she doesn't carry the feel and that's what's bugging me... After 6 volumes it becomes clear to me.

To put it simply; as she is right now- can you imagine Aria on her own surviving all around Europe?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Also her bratty nature reminds me of a certain other Tsundere, namely Kirino from "My little sister can't be this cute" I read through an episode forum for every episode, and holy hell did people hate her, they hated her to the very core. Which is funny too me, because her actions (While they were horrible and very selfish) didn't phase me. *shrug* maybe I'm just a masochist and the idea of a woman verbally and physically abusing me sounds good.
This will sound shallow, but the reason why I can put up with Kirino is because her character design is so damn cute...

...Damnit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust View Post
Also a question, I guess you aren't particularly fond of Aria, seeing your posts. I don't mean to call you out or go all angry fanboy on you, just a curious question

Also, have you read all the novels? With that I mean, do you understand Japanese well enough to have read the non-translated ones.
I'm in the same situation as you, waiting on volume 7.

Not being fond... Is a recent thing; a revelation of sort.

I thought I could like her, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that a good number of people are crazy about her- but I just can't seem to fall for her the same way I fell for Anna, Shana, Hinagiku, Mikoto, Hitagi, Tsukasa, Felli, Senhime, Victorique, Ryouko, Kagami, Ginko, C.C, Kyou, Misaki, Alice, Akari, Akeno, Takako, Fumino, Rika, Junko, Mio, Adilicia, Utau, Minami, Haqua and Zakuro.
__________________

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-07 at 21:12.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-07, 23:36   Link #64
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nay, the ending of volume 5 didn't bother me.
*Shrug* I guess it's just me. It's just that I hate those sort of cop outs and the fact that I got so immersed and then the writer was just like "Oh, you were immersed? Well suck on this *BAM*"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes she has the credentials, but she doesn't carry the feel and that's what's bugging me... After 6 volumes it becomes clear to me.

To put it simply; as she is right now- can you imagine Aria on her own surviving all around Europe?
A part of me wants to defend her and say that she did manage to survive on her own before she met Kinji. But another part of me agrees and thinks that now that she have met Kinji her weaknesses have started to show, her armor has started to rust, if you know how I mean.

Internal conflicts hrmm >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This will sound shallow, but the reason why I can put up with Kirino is because her character design is so damn cute...

...Damnit.
Haha! Don't worry, you aren't the only one Thats better than wishing for her death right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm in the same situation as you, waiting on volume 7.

Not being fond... Is a recent thing; a revelation of sort.

I thought I could like her, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that a good number of people are crazy about her- but I just can't seem to fall for her the same way I fell for Anna, Shana, Hinagiku, Mikoto, Hitagi, Tsukasa, Felli, Senhime, Victorique, Ryouko, Kagami, Ginko, C.C, Kyou, Misaki, Alice, Akari, Akeno, Takako, Fumino, Rika, Junko, Mio, Adilicia, Utau, Minami, Haqua and Zakuro.
Aah I see how you mean, well. To each his own of course, nothing wrong with not liking her, because I can see why you wouldn't, there are a lot of points where she as you have said, doesn't hold up.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 20:27   Link #65
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Her character design is interesting enough to get ones attention but the character it's self is more of a typical seen it all before. I would like to see a character like Aria surrounded by more interesting character because lets face it besides from Riko, Hidan No Aria didn't have the most stimulation casts. Not to mention it had one of the worst and most eye rolling excuse for a love interest competitor I've seen since Shakugan No Shana. Still characters like Aria are always put in the same scenario; girl meets boy, girl very mean to boy, girl feels insecure about feelings, girl finally admits feelings and then second season comes along and they seem to forget all their revelations in order to drag out the whole dense "do I like him or not" thing again.

Not that I hate Aria it's just I hate the tired scenario these otherwise interesting characters are put in, I'd like to see how a prequel story/ origin spin off story to Hidan No Aria would play out but then again we'll never see that happen will we. But overall I like Aria but tell me one thing, why in the name of Christ is she not the main character in the show that is named after her, I mean she's in the damn title. Ok, ok she is a main character but she mostly takes a back seat. Instead the screen time is mostly selfishly hogged by Kinji. Not that I hate him.
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 21:16   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Not that I hate Aria it's just I hate the tired scenario these otherwise interesting characters are put in, I'd like to see how a prequel story/ origin spin off story to Hidan No Aria would play out but then again we'll never see that happen will we. But overall I like Aria but tell me one thing, why in the name of Christ is she not the main character in the show that is named after her, I mean she's in the damn title. Ok, ok she is a main character but she mostly takes a back seat. Instead the screen time is mostly selfishly hogged by Kinji. Not that I hate him.
You rarely ever see a female lead Star Protagonist Character (I'm giving this role multiple adjectives so you know I'm referring to the big one) in an action shounen-ish series.

Plus I think it's a given fact by now that name in title not equal to lead star protagonist character all the time, even less would they be in the series all the time. Otherwise... Look at what's happening to the Nanoha series- because people just can't get over her name in the title, they restrict themselves in the story- being forced to never stray far from her.

If you restrict yourself to a damn title, you're story is not going to get very big because you're focusing only on one character.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 21:28   Link #67
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Well what do you expect when nearly all male leads in these types of anime are basically a pathetic attempt at self inserted fanfiction, meaning that the MC is meant to be the author or at least who the author wishes he was. I wouldn't mind that if they all weren't generic looking and just plain bland personality wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
If you restrict yourself to a damn title, you're story is not going to get very big because you're focusing only on one character.
I'm not saying that per say, what I'm saying is it should be more about the title character than anyone else, otherwise why name it that way? They might as well name it something like "Barron Von Tea Pots Fucking Ludicrous Adventure" and it would be just as valid. But I'm just being a bigot. I just don't see the point of having a title character take back seat while some dude swaggers about rejecting the obvious advances of hot woman while we could be seeing something more interesting. Apparently and jugging from watching the show alot of interesting stuff happened to certain characters while they were off screen. I'd rather see what they were up to instead of watching anther forced romance scene between generic MC number 122342 and miss second choice love interest for the bazillionzth time.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-08 at 22:07.
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 22:17   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Well what do you expect when nearly all male leads in these types of anime are basically a pathetic attempt at self inserted fanfiction, meaning that the MC is meant to be the author or at least who the author wishes he was. I wouldn't mind that if they all weren't generic looking and just plain bland personality wise.
Isn't that a bit pretentious of you? Your assumption that the Author is merely living out some fantasy is frankly quite offensive, and to call their works 'fanfiction' is nothing short of insulting.

By your account, all story writers are sad sods that are merely living out fantasies am I right?

And judging by your statements, your measure of a character falls solely on his capability and methods of interacting with the opposite gender, and in a series which had a few more dimension in it's story, that's abit short-sighted of you isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
I'm not saying that per say, what I'm saying is it should be more about the title character than anyone else, other wise why name it that way? They might as well name it something like "Barron Von Tea Pots Fucking Ludicrous Adventure" and it would be just as valid. But I'm just being a bigot. I just don't see the point of having a title character take back seat while some dude swaggers about rejecting the obvious advances of hot woman while we could be seeing something more interesting. Apparently and jugging from watching the show alot of interesting stuff happened to certain characters while they where off screen. I'd rather see what they where up to instead of watching anther forced romance scene between generic MC number 122342 and miss second choice love interest for the bazillionzth time.
A title is whatever the author wants it to be, there's no law that dictates what a title should represent, there's no checklist to tick. The series is named 'Hidan no Aria' because it's about a girl named Aria; your assumption is that it has to be a story from Aria's pov, which doesn't have to be the case. And since it's not from Aria's pov, the Author is free to explore other characters with or without her.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 22:52   Link #69
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Isn't that a bit pretentious of you? Your assumption that the Author is merely living out some fantasy is frankly quite offensive, and to call their works 'fanfiction' is nothing short of insulting.

By your account, all story writers are sad sods that are merely living out fantasies am I right?

And judging by your statements, your measure of a character falls solely on his capability and methods of interacting with the opposite gender, and in a series which had a few more dimension in it's story, that's abit short-sighted of you isn't it?
Ugh, there's something about having the word "pretentious" aimed at me that makes my skin crawl especially since I hate pretentious people with there turtle neck sweaters and there weird sun glasses. Oh wait where was I. Oh and sorry that last post was a bit uncalled for.

Well I certainly got told. I didn't go about explaining that one very well did I. There is a pattern you see. Alot of these manga and light novel writers are single males and most possibly an otaku, when they write a story they most probably wanna project them self's as the courageous stalwart hero of the land. (Hell lots of people do) Now in order to make them seem sincere they give the character that they project onto a default personality, the dense, bewildered teen with a sense of right and wrong. Believe it or not that's a strong possibility. I was being a little bias when I called it a pathetic attempt but I'm just longing for a series like these with some compelling characters. It could be a cash in attempt since the whole boy meets loli girl, love triangle thing is ridding high at the moment but soon enough something's gonna need to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
A title is whatever the author wants it to be, there's no law that dictates what a title should represent, there's no checklist to tick. The series is named 'Hidan no Aria' because it's about a girl named Aria; your assumption is that it has to be a story from Aria's pov, which doesn't have to be the case. And since it's not from Aria's pov, the Author is free to explore other characters with or without her.
Yes I do assume that it would be from Aria's pov. I didn't go into something like "Alan Wake" thinking it would be form his wife's pov and the same applies here. I've been through too many series like this when I though "hey this looks interesting, I wonder what crazy adventures this character is gonna get herself into." And them I start watching it and go "Oh it's about another hormonal teen looking for something to hump. Well at least I can hope for some interesting chemistry betwe- never mind he's too interested in girls with big boobs to commit to a decent relationship." Maybe this is my own idealistic view but I really hate when it happens.

Jeez we seem to be getting a wee bit off topic.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-08 at 23:16.
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 23:16   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Well I certainly got told. I didn't go about explaining that one very well did I. There is a pattern you see. Alot of these manga and light novel writers are single males and most possibly an otaku, when they write a story they most probably wanna project them self's as the courageous stalwart hero of the land. (Hell lots of people do) Now in order to make them seem sincere they give the character that they project onto a default personality, the dense, bewildered teen with a sense of right and wrong. Believe it or not that's a strong possibility. I was being a little bias when I called it a pathetic attempt but I'm just longing for a series like these with some compelling characters. It could be a cash in attempt since the whole boy meets loli girl, love triangle thing is ridding high at the moment but soon enough something's gonna need to change.
You'll be surprised how many of them are actually women- Harem series like Sekirei, Ichigo 100%, and lesser known Girls Bravo were written by women.

Writers don't automatically project themselves into the main character they try to write, you're discriminating writers base on the story they write and the characters they use.

That's like saying everyone that watches Anime are otakus- a shut-in and delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Yes I do assume that was be from Aria's pov. I didn't go into something like Alan Wake thinking it would be form his wife's pov and the same applies here. I've been through too many series like this when I though "hey this looks interesting, I wonder what crazy adventures this character is gonna get herself into." And them I start watching it and go "Oh it's about another hormonal teen looking for something to hump. Well at least I can hope for some interesting chemistry betwe- never mind he's too interested in girls with big boobs to commit to a decent relationship." Maybe this is my own idealistic view but I really hate when it happens.
Or maybe you went into Alan Wake thinking/knowing that you'll be playing Alan Wake and not his wife because the synopsis at the back of the game box tells you so as well as dozen of articles.

Likewise the synopsis of this series tells you that the lead character and pov would be Kinji's not Aria. I highly doubt you would go into the series completely blind.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-08, 23:40   Link #71
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You'll be surprised how many of them are actually women- Harem series like Sekirei, Ichigo 100%, and lesser known Girls Bravo were written by women.

Writers don't automatically project themselves into the main character they try to write, you're discriminating writers base on the story they write and the characters they use.

That's like saying everyone that watches Anime are otakus- a shut-in and delusional.
Whoa, never would I insult one of my own past times, well not intentionality anyway. I am aware that alot of manga/anime is written by females, even the amazing Full Metal Alchemist is written by a woman, if I'm not mistaken. (And If I am I'll look like a bit of a wally) And I'm an Anime fan and I'm far from a shut in...... it just rains alot in Wales that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Or maybe you went into Alan Wake thinking/knowing that you'll be playing Alan Wake and not his wife because the synopsis at the back of the game box tells you so as well as dozen of articles.

Likewise the synopsis of this series tells you that the lead character and pov would be Kinji's not Aria. I highly doubt you would go into the series completely blind.
That was just an example but I see your point, and yes the synopsis dose say that but the amount of people who buy and watch sorely on impulse and who don't read these things. Even more miss leading is when the title character graces the cover art too but that's kinda treading old ground. Alot of these series don't do that nor dose the synopsis say anything about any male lead.

As an example I am holding and reading the back of my Corpse Princess DVD (Or Shikabane Hime) On the back of the case it says nothing of the guy who's pov's the story, nether dose the cover nor back art hint to it much if at all, all I see is a pissed off looking chick with a gun in hand with some faces in the background. But if you pop that sucker into the DVD player..... low and behold it's mostly about some teen guy.

I see where your coming from I really do but I'm just really annoying about going into something expecting one thing only to get smacked in the face by the same song and dance I've seen so many other times.

But still I'm starting to tread ground on things I've already said and I'm tired. I have nothing against the medium it's self and I'm an avid manga collector I just wish the majority of writer's would approach these things a little more open minded instead of; cute girl on front and BAM! Boy's pov. Seriously leave some innovation for the for the rest of us Da Vinci.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-09 at 07:45.
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 00:05   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
I do understand where you're coming from; I myself have some personal ticks for some series that may or may not seem fair. They're all minor details but they can annoy you.

I can't make you like a story you don't like; in the end, I'm only asking not to judge the author because of the story he chooses to write, I don't think that's too unreasonable. I mean, we Anime fans already have a Stigma, no need to discriminate each other further

Secondly, I cannot make you like a character you don't like; but I think you shouldn't judge a character base solely on his interaction and relationship with the opposite gender. If this was only a romance/comedy series, I would have nothing to say because that's ALL you have to judge him with. But because this is also an action series, you should also take into account how well he performs under fire.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 00:13   Link #73
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Aye, then let's leave it at that then.

But before this rather heated debate finishes you seriously can't tell me that you've never felt like swatting the authors hands away form the writing desk, give him or her a colouring book and some crayons so he can go doodle in the corner while you rewrite the whole thing into something more meaningful or at least try to save that damned train wreak, cause I have, even with some of my favourites.

Damn we went a bit off topic there, huh? I lost track of time.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-09 at 07:46.
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 00:50   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post

But before this rather heated debate finishes you seriously can't tell me that you've never felt like swatting the authors hands away form the writing desk, give him or her a colouring book and some crayons so he can go doodle in the corner while you rewrite the whole thing into something more meaningful or at least try to save that damned train wreak, cause I have, even with some of my favourites.

Heh, everybody thinks they can do everybody else's job better Of course there are times where I think certain scenes can be done better and I don't think I would lose out when it comes to creativity.

But I never think I could do his job better than him; otherwise I would have written my own book by now. It's one thing to have creativity, it's another to have the skill to convert that creativity into words.

Have you written fanfiction before? It's quite a humbling experience to be honest.

Alright I'll leave that as that.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 02:54   Link #75
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
There is a spin-off to Hidan no Aria.
__________________

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 07:10   Link #76
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Is there now, can you please elaborate?

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-09 at 07:47.
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 10:29   Link #77
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Heh, everybody thinks they can do everybody else's job better Of course there are times where I think certain scenes can be done better and I don't think I would lose out when it comes to creativity.

But I never think I could do his job better than him; otherwise I would have written my own book by now. It's one thing to have creativity, it's another to have the skill to convert that creativity into words.

Have you written fanfiction before? It's quite a humbling experience to be honest.

Alright I'll leave that as that.
It's common to think that people can do better, but just for a curious question. Not going into another debate, didn't you feel like the action of Kinji could have been justified a bit more in the sixth novel, I mean. They were very irrational and came out of nowhere.

With that I mean
Spoiler:


That whole novel made me feel a bit queasy, I mean it made barely any sense. But I'm not saying I can do it better than him, because I can't write. But I just feel that he should have justified it more than he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Not to mention it had one of the worst and most eye rolling excuse for a love interest competitor I've seen since Shakugan No Shana.
Exactly this, the competitors are really, really bland. It feels like they are only there to further develop Aria or to just stop them from developing
Spoiler:
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 10:54   Link #78
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I do not believe you actually read Volume 6. Either that, or you are just very good at pissing me off.
__________________

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 11:19   Link #79
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wales
Age: 21
Speaking as someone who hasn't read the novels, could someone give me a run down of what's happened. That or give me a kind boot in the right direction as to where I may find these novels. (Preferably in English.)
__________________
Top Gear Tony is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 11:33   Link #80
Unjust
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
I do not believe you actually read Volume 6. Either that, or you are just very good at pissing me off.
Really?
Do enlighten me, how I have not read it and do enlighten how I piss you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Speaking as someone who hasn't read the novels, could someone give me a run down of what's happened. That or give me a kind boot in the right direction as to where I may find these novels. (Preferably in English.)
Spoiler:


Also when I write it, it looks extremely boring and bland, but if you read it how the writer wrote it, it will be a lot better. Trust me.

You can read the novels in English at Baka tsuki.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...=Hidan_no_Aria

That is just the end of the fifth novel, which is in my opinion one of the most annoying cop outs I've seen in anime/novel so far.
__________________
Unjust is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.