AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-09, 20:17   Link #11981
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Dircet link for those who has problems with the blog.
*snip*
1st thought seeing that pic: Lol, poor Touma

2nd thought: Now if only it was a Onee-san type instead of a loli doing that then Touma would have found his soul mate, and he would even accept these treatment.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 20:18   Link #11982
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
So I've reread the short "summary", and here's it in English for you people...


November 5th in Academy City, Kamijou Touma, Accelerator, and Hamazura, these three have finally met. However, this meant the start of the three-style event settling the girls who worried about them while saying "What were you doing".

When Kamijou, with a strange tension, strikes up a conversation with a depressed Mikoto holding the Gekota strip which was his, he sees a railgun hell. And when he talks to Index in the same atmosphere.....

Hamazura is barely found by the Mugino group who were playing the "those who lose is the Bunny" game. Yet there was a little girl who resembled the now-dead former member Frenda next to him....

Accelerator had had enough of the Last Order and Misaka Worst who banged in on him, but he gets angry at the coy manner of Worst, who had always butted in on him, while in front of Kamijou.

When science and magic meets, the everyday life story (comedy part) starts!




Okay, now it seems the Misaka Sisters don't have any bad feelings for Touma, leading to Worst's quietness. Probably what got Accelerator angry: after all, he's the butt of constant harassment by Worst, meaning the Sister must have at least no-so-good thoughts about him.

Also, Japanese to English translations are always so frustrating.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 20:27   Link #11983
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Also, Japanese to English translations are always so frustrating.
Do you have the original text?
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 20:28   Link #11984
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
November 5th huh...
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 20:50   Link #11985
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Do you have the original text?
 一一月五日の学園都市。上条当麻と一方通行(アクセラレータ)、そして浜面仕上の 
 三人が、ついに交わった。しかしそれは、三者三様の『アンタ等何やってた訳』的、彼 
 らを心配していたオンナノコたちへの落とし前イベント勃発を意味していた……!
  上条は、形見のゲコ太ストラップを握りしめ意気消沈中の美琴に妙なテンションで声 
 をかけ、超電磁砲地獄を見る。さらに、同じノリでインデックスにも話しかけ……。
  浜面は、『負けたら屈辱のバニーだ!ゲーム』を続けていた麦野たちにようやく発見 
 される。しかしその傍らには今は亡き『アイテム』元メンバー・フレンダにうり二つの 
 少女がいて……。
  一方通行は、押しかけてきた打ち止め(ラストオーダー)と番外個体(ミサカワース 
 ト)に辟易するが、いつもちょっかいをかけてくる番外個体が上条の前では大人しくな 
 り、何故かそれに苛立ちを覚え……。
  科学と魔術が交差するとき、日常の物語(コメディパート)は始まる――!



Source: http://subcultureblog.blog114.fc2.co...ntry-3229.html


I give no guarantee that the above is a pure source
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 20:52   Link #11986
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Source: http://subcultureblog.blog114.fc2.co...ntry-3229.html


I give no guarantee that the above is a pure source
Just as I thought, isn't from an official source.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 20:59   Link #11987
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
So I've reread the short "summary", and here's it in English for you people...

November 5th in Academy City, Kamijou Touma, Accelerator, and Hamazura, these three have finally met. However, this meant the start of the three-style event settling the girls who worried about them while saying "What were you doing".
I'm sure all guys had heard that at some point in our lives



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
When Kamijou, with a strange tension, strikes up a conversation with a depressed Mikoto holding the Gekota strip which was his, he sees a railgun hell. And when he talks to Index in the same atmosphere.....
"Oi Misaka, How has it been-- eh?"

Mark my words, that's how it's going to go down- Touma is far too tactless to come up with any else along those lines.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hamazura is barely found by the Mugino group who were playing the "those who lose is the Bunny" game. Yet there was a little girl who resembled the now-dead former member Frenda next to him....
"I'll call you Frenda 1.5!"

Come on! Make it happen!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Accelerator had had enough of the Last Order and Misaka Worst who banged in on him, but he gets angry at the coy manner of Worst, who had always butted in on him, while in front of Kamijou.

When science and magic meets, the everyday life story (comedy part) starts!
I've checked every possible meaning of the word 'coy'... So Worst wouldn't be putting the moves on Kamijou... But instead would be in dere-dere mode ?!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Okay, now it seems the Misaka Sisters don't have any bad feelings for Touma, leading to Worst's quietness. Probably what got Accelerator angry: after all, he's the butt of constant harassment by Worst, meaning the Sister must have at least no-so-good thoughts about him.

Also, Japanese to English translations are always so frustrating.
Including that disposition towards misfortune, Accelerator just had the difference between their fundamental standpoints reconfirmed for him, but Kamijou couldn’t read that far into what Accelerator was thinking.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:00   Link #11988
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
what date again is the end of the WWIII? because I think it's near the end of October.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:03   Link #11989
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Just as I thought, isn't from an official source.
It's not, but it's the same synopsis from the Dengeki Bunko website

Quote:
ヒーロー復活により、世界では再び大事件が勃発──することもなく、唐突に日常ラブコメ編突入 !!

 11月5日の学園都市。上条当麻と一方通行(アクセラレータ)、そして浜面仕上の三人が、ついに交わった 。しかしそれは、三者三様の『アンタ等何やってた訳』的、彼らを心配していたオンナノコたちへの落とし前イ ベント勃発を意味していた……!

 上条は、形見のゲコ太ストラップを握りしめ意気消沈中の美琴に妙なテンションで声をかけ、超電磁砲地獄を 見る。さらに、同じノリでインデックスにも話しかけ……。

 浜面は、『負けたら屈辱のバニーだ!ゲーム』を続けていた麦野たちにようやく発見される。しかしその傍ら には今は亡き『アイテム』元メンバー・フレンダにうり二つの少女がいて……。

 一方通行は、押しかけてきた打ち止め(ラストオーダ―)と番外個体(ミサカワースト)に辟易するが、いつ もちょっかいをかけてくる番外個体が上条の前では大人しくなり、何故かそれに苛立ちを覚え…… 。

 科学と魔術が交差するとき、日常の物語(コメディパート)は始まる──!

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1108.php#new1
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:07   Link #11990
Breidaluk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
the end of WW3 happens on october 31, but in NT 1 they don't say that is already november 12?How the encounter between touma, shiage and accelerator happens on day 5?
OH! Its like in "V for Vendetta"
Remember, remember, 5th november.
Breidaluk is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:07   Link #11991
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not, but it's the same synopsis from the Dengeki Bunko website

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1108.php#new1
Thats better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what date again is the end of the WWIII? because I think it's near the end of October.
October 30th is the official date of the end of the war.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:08   Link #11992
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
the end of WW3 happens on october 31, but in NT 1 they don't say that is already november 12?How the encounter between touma, shiage and accelerator happens on day 5?
OH! Its like in "V for Vendetta"
Remember, remember, 5th november.
The date for New Testament 1 was never mentioned.

Only that WWIII ended in 14(?) days.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:09   Link #11993
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Just as I thought, isn't from an official source.
Yeah yeah, I know, so sue me already


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've checked every possible meaning of the word 'coy'... So Worst wouldn't be putting the moves on Kamijou... But instead would be in dere-dere mode ?!
Well, I used coy mainly because it seemed the most Worst-like. A more literal translation would be "quiet" or "calm".


Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what date again is the end of the WWIII? because I think it's near the end of October.
October 30th. The only actual mention of November from NT that I remember was about the death of a guy named Komaba Ritoku.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not, but it's the same synopsis from the Dengeki Bunko website
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1108.php#new1
Thanks for saving me. I had taken a detour in finding the Japanese synopsis while surfing a Korean cafe/forum.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:12   Link #11994
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've checked every possible meaning of the word 'coy'... So Worst wouldn't be putting the moves on Kamijou... But instead would be in dere-dere mode ?!
Not quite.... the summary just says that she behaves herself (大人しくなり) when in front of him. Besides, the Original is already filling the tsundere spot in Kamijou's harem, so I don't think the author will suddenly create this kind of competition.
faiz blaster is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:16   Link #11995
UNDER_LINE
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
The NT2 cover is probably one of the best covers for Index.
Bardway = Love.

Hope Gamers or Animate will have some nice bonus for NT2 and SP.
UNDER_LINE is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:17   Link #11996
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Not quite.... the summary just says that she behaves herself (大人しくなり) when in front of him. Besides, the Original is already filling the tsundere spot in Kamijou's harem, so I don't think the author will suddenly create this kind of competition.
Being dere-dere doesn't mean that she's a tsundere you know.

Worst can be an Endless Erotic Hell but still have a girly scene- You might say it's an even more powerful effect to see a sexy confident girl being soft spoken and shy.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:21   Link #11997
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Worst can be an Endless Erotic Hell but still have a girly scene- You might say it's an even more powerful effect to see a sexy confident girl being soft spoken and shy.
So Endless Erotic Hell 3 is Misaka Worst in the girl spot. Huh...

...

I WON'T ALLOW IT! I OWN HERRR!
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 21:21   Link #11998
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Being dere-dere doesn't mean that she's a tsundere you know.

Worst can be an Endless Erotic Hell but still have a girly scene- You might say it's an even more powerful effect to see a sexy confident girl being soft spoken and shy.
We can't be too sure. It does say she's just not doing anything particular. I guess I should have gone with just "quiet" instead of "coy"

Anyway, anything about my line of thoughts? The Sisters not having ill feelings for Touma translating into Worst being relatively calm towards the "hero" of Accelerator?
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 22:45   Link #11999
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
So does this mean the events of NT vol 1 take place less than a week after Oct. 30? And over how many days do the events of NT take place? (I haven't read it yet, but I'm okay with spoilers).
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2011-07-09, 22:58   Link #12000
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
So does this mean the events of NT vol 1 take place less than a week after Oct. 30? And over how many days do the events of NT take place? (I haven't read it yet, but I'm okay with spoilers).
It's not said in NT1. If the NT2 preview is right, NT1 takes places on the 5th of November.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.