AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-14, 23:57   Link #12101
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
By the way I find a cute official free screen saver of toAru can we link it somewhere
Usually the Image Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Trust me, I was somewhat confused as well. And you could just put 'understand' or 'decipher' instead of 'make out'. See, Sigmund Freud is laughing now.
Yeeaahhhh... I could do a lot of things differently... >.>

But I'm okay with it- because I'm fly V-_-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Lolz. That's no the main reason. The main reason is that it's long. I believed I mentioned it already.
Hey do Guin Saga That'll really drive you to the grave heheh...

Though honestly, of the current big names in Light Novel, none of them really compelled me to read them the way Index does, mostly because well... For the deep ones like Haruhi, Durarara and SAO, I'll have to study up a whole new world yet again, and for the light hearted ones like OreImo, BakaTest and... IS (>.>)... Yeah, not very compelling...

In fact, I'm more interested in the less than successful stories like Rental Magica and Okami-san and Shounen Onmyouji simply because you'll be hard press to find any info about those series... And while I could pick up a couple of books from Kino... Reading Chinese makes my head hurt and I could only understand 60% of the text while guestimating the rest...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-15 at 00:10.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 00:53   Link #12102
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Lolz. That's no the main reason. The main reason is that it's long. I believed I mentioned it already.
Hmmm, I suppose that what you want to translate loosely ties with what you would be willing to read (as, it's in your interest), without any clues is just a deal of throwing guesses to the air as if on piques your interest....

If I am to speak irresponsible here, I would advise 空 に ある 魔法 - Magic in the sky - novel likely to never see a proper serialization by an author that's picking up popularity in international communities thanks to his first manga, or a spin off from Votoms, the well renowned 青の騎士ベルゼルガ物語 Aoi Kishi Berserga Monotagari, but then again what do I know?

Personally I suggest you to take a little sabbath and dedicate yourself more to reading for a while. At one point you'll naturally come to something and think to yourself "this is it".
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 01:23   Link #12103
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For the deep ones like Haruhi, Durarara and SAO, I'll have to study up a whole new world yet again, and for the light hearted ones like OreImo, BakaTest and... IS (>.>)... Yeah, not very compelling...

In fact, I'm more interested in the less than successful stories like Rental Magica and Okami-san and Shounen Onmyouji simply because you'll be hard press to find any info about those series... And while I could pick up a couple of books from Kino... Reading Chinese makes my head hurt and I could only understand 60% of the text while guestimating the rest...
what do you mean by 'deep'?
I don't read Durarara, but I don't find Haruhi and SAO deep. Or you mean serious?
Yep, Rental Magica is underrated. I would find Ookami to be boring to translate, reading is probably fine though. I don't read Shounen Onmyouji, but I was not impressed by the anime at all. Plot-wise, ie.

and the reason why I'm babbling here is because BT is down...
__________________
larethian is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 01:37   Link #12104
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
what do you mean by 'deep'?
I don't read Durarara, but I don't find Haruhi and SAO deep. Or you mean serious?
Ah yes, my English fails me at the most amazing times

I mean serious or at least complex; Durarara with it's multiple POVs, Haruhi with it's crazy reality altering, and SAO with its... With its... Hardcore PvP action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Yep, Rental Magica is underrated. I would find Ookami to be boring to translate, reading is probably fine though. I don't read Shounen Onmyouji, but I was not impressed by the anime at all. Plot-wise, ie.

and the reason why I'm babbling here is because BT is down...
Well I'm not too hard-up on Ookami-san, just curious on how it would end. Shounen Onmyouji, despite the title, is pretty much solid Shoujo with enough BL tease to burn down a building, but I did get a good impression of it from the Anime and the main canon pairing is pretty solid

Rental Magica on the other hand...GAHHHH! Before Index this was the magic fantasy series for me with it's multiple cultural and magic style. It just kills me that my Chinese isn't better !! Otherwise I'll just pick it up and be done with it!

EDIT:

Here's another one... Anyone still remembers Mushi-Uta ? There was an Anime a couple years back... I think I was still in Polytechnic...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-15 at 02:03.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 02:34   Link #12105
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
rental magica is being translated at baka-tsuki now though.
mushi-uta was picked up by CE translations, though there seem to be no progress. but you can check them out here anyway.
__________________
larethian is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 03:07   Link #12106
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Btw, the timeline for the novel I'm going to work on is given as Mid-July.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 08:09   Link #12107
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Though honestly, of the current big names in Light Novel, none of them really compelled me to read them the way Index does, mostly because well... For the deep ones like Haruhi, Durarara and SAO, I'll have to study up a whole new world yet again, and for the light hearted ones like OreImo, BakaTest and... IS (>.>)... Yeah, not very compelling...

In fact, I'm more interested in the less than successful stories like Rental Magica and Okami-san and Shounen Onmyouji simply because you'll be hard press to find any info about those series... And while I could pick up a couple of books from Kino... Reading Chinese makes my head hurt and I could only understand 60% of the text while guestimating the rest...
I've just recently become a fan of Rental Magica myself and would love to see it translated. That and Denyuuden as well, both are right up my alley.

Also, I kinda like IS, is that wrong of me?
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 08:38   Link #12108
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I've just recently become a fan of Rental Magica myself and would love to see it translated. That and Denyuuden as well, both are right up my alley.
My problem with Denyuuden, is that it's a massively huge story spanning over 37 volumes and 4 series, that's a lot of work to commit yourself into.

One could argue that Index is the same- but base on what I've saw in the Anime, either ZEXCS did a terrible work, or the setting and background and such are far more complex than Index...

Or both really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Also, I kinda like IS, is that wrong of me?
Nay... We'll just be giving you the funny look...


>.>

>.>

>.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 08:51   Link #12109
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Retal Magica oh great kami. It's the only few novels I ever loved and its my number one before index shows up. And the heroines there actually do something good or can fight which index greatly lacks with.

Denyuuden has a bigger grander settings that's been already explained from the first 11 volumes and still being shown in the legend of the legendary heroes. It story is getting better and better.

While index has still lots of mystery left untold. I think for me. Index still has more edge for me to wait and be revealed than denyuuden. Though it's great to see Ryner step up his game.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 09:06   Link #12110
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
My problem with Denyuuden, is that it's a massively huge story spanning over 37 volumes and 4 series, that's a lot of work to commit yourself into.

One could argue that Index is the same- but base on what I've saw in the Anime, either ZEXCS did a terrible work, or the setting and background and such are far more complex than Index...

Or both really.
Well, sadly, I can't really tell about the Denyuuden anime. I liked it, but I'm not sure how well it adapted the novels. What I like the most about it is what a huge world it is, with so much potential.



Quote:
Nay... We'll just be giving you the funny look...


>.>

>.>

>.>
I'm used to people looking at me funny, don't worry.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 09:09   Link #12111
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Also, I kinda like IS, is that wrong of me?
If you find that it's wrong of you to like IS, then it must be crazy of me to even start the translation project in the first place (and the funniest part is that I never liked it in the first place)...

About you guys asking me to do another project, I believe I already opened another slot down there in my main page (side project 4: ???)...
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 09:26   Link #12112
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
IS isn't bad. I was happy while watching Charl. Charl is the main character 0_0

What main page teh_ping? BT is still down and I can't even check if rental magica is really being translated in BT. Watching bakatest while waiting for BT to be back.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 09:48   Link #12113
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I'm used to people looking at me funny, don't worry.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 10:32   Link #12114
chrono9472
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
If you find that it's wrong of you to like IS, then it must be crazy of me to even start the translation project in the first place (and the funniest part is that I never liked it in the first place)...

About you guys asking me to do another project, I believe I already opened another slot down there in my main page (side project 4: ???)...
O.o.....you already had my respect when you were translating to aru and/or baka test but now.....you are officially my role model......

also, why is everyone talking about rental magica and I.S in the toaru thread?
chrono9472 is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 10:37   Link #12115
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
If you find that it's wrong of you to like IS, then it must be crazy of me to even start the translation project in the first place (and the funniest part is that I never liked it in the first place)...
Bah, in NS you learn that you can be crazy enough to do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
IS isn't bad. I was happy while watching Charl. Charl is the main character 0_0
That's denial...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What main page teh_ping? BT is still down and I can't even check if rental magica is really being translated in BT. Watching bakatest while waiting for BT to be back.
Yeah, Rental Magica is being translated, but it's moving at glacial speed, the first volume is only about to be done.


EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono9472 View Post

also, why is everyone talking about rental magica and I.S in the toaru thread?
They're Light novels... And because we're beyond being out of related topics.

You see, if you play around with the words for this thread= This is the To aru Majutsu no Index's thread.... For discussing Light Novel, might not be restricted to it's own Light Novel !

/bullshit

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-15 at 10:57.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 11:15   Link #12116
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
If you find that it's wrong of you to like IS, then it must be crazy of me to even start the translation project in the first place (and the funniest part is that I never liked it in the first place)...

About you guys asking me to do another project, I believe I already opened another slot down there in my main page (side project 4: ???)...
I forgot you were translating IS, Teh Ping. Thanks for that.

And I suppose you must like it as well, if you're translating it, it's nice to meet a compatriot.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 11:21   Link #12117
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I forgot you were translating IS, Teh Ping. Thanks for that.

And I suppose you must like it as well, if you're translating it, it's nice to meet a compatriot.
I like IS too

Also is it just me or is baka-tsuki down?
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 11:25   Link #12118
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I like IS too

Also is it just me or is baka-tsuki down?
*gives Ilidsor a brofist*

Right on, my brother.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 13:17   Link #12119
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
In order to bring discussion back to Toaru (hopefully), here's a thought and question. There are seven espers credited as level 5 and at least two who are potential level 5, making the majority female. The male espers in turn are much more power than the females (no.'s 1 and 2 are confirmed and we have the vending machine SS for no. 7). Am I thinking too deeply about this?
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2011-07-15, 13:37   Link #12120
chrono9472
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post



They're Light novels... And because we're beyond being out of related topics.

You see, if you play around with the words for this thread= This is the To aru Majutsu no Index's thread.... For discussing Light Novel, might not be restricted to it's own Light Novel !

/bullshit
i'm sorry...i'm an idiot, i never thought of it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
In order to bring discussion back to Toaru (hopefully), here's a thought and question. There are seven espers credited as level 5 and at least two who are potential level 5, making the majority female. The male espers in turn are much more power than the females (no.'s 1 and 2 are confirmed and we have the vending machine SS for no. 7). Am I thinking too deeply about this?
kamachi PROBABLY does a lot of planning for this novel but i'd be amazed if even he thought that much into it but i'll ignore that since i like this hypothesis
chrono9472 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.