AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-12, 17:19   Link #241
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen
Well, watched eps 1 and 2 ... kinda cute and kinda a sweet story.

But not enough for me to follow it. Maybe I will check it out sometime after its all finished.
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 00:45   Link #242
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
This may be the most loli show I've seen in a long time. And I sort of worry about the main character. I mean, people at school are distancing themselves from the basketball team and treating them like their disappeared, allegedly pedophilic captain. Now this guy is teaching a bunch of grade school girls, some of whom have some unusual ideas. And what does he do? He takes a girl home with him, and even lets her use the shower. What really caught my attention was that the girl thinks that she's doing something improper simply by riding behind him on his bike. Depending on what she says and who to, this kind of sequence of events could look very, very bad, particularly when rumors are already spreading by association. I get the feeling at some point someone's going to make accusations.
Probably, yes. The author could have closed the club for any number of reasons instead of improper relations with an elementary schooler, after all.

Quote:
I think I'd support the girls' team here. They don't just want to have fun, they want to really play the game and do well. They're willing to give their all to win their right to have fun. Not to mention, they're grade schoolers. I can see wanting to improve oneself, but there should be more freedom with kids who haven't even hit their growth spurt. They can talk about people not taking the game seriously when their voices start to crack. Not to mention giving in to the guys here would just encourage their budding male chauvinistic attitude that still seems to present girls as "just playing" in some sports, at least in some places. What would be really bad is if the boys were to hear some of the rumors, since they're young and could make stupid, rash decisions.
Well, the boy didn't complain just because they were girls. He also saw how they "trained" before the boy team issued a challenge.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 05:47   Link #243
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Probably, yes. The author could have closed the club for any number of reasons instead of improper relations with an elementary schooler, after all.



Well, the boy didn't complain just because they were girls. He also saw how they "trained" before the boy team issued a challenge.
The girls are BEGINNERS for the most part. They have fun being together and practicing, and developing their skill. They've only just begun to learn, so of course they're going to be pretty pathetic and occasionally goof around as grade schoolers do. But just because they're more novice than the boys doesn't mean anything. Give them a little time with a good instructor and someone who knows the game like Tomoka, and they'll steadily progress from just having fun playing and goofing off together and really improve. When you barely know what you're doing, and you don't have enough experience to move right, you need to have a little fun at times; the better you get, the more fun the real thing becomes. I still say they shouldn't be going on about being "serious" or "playing around" until the mini baskets disappear. With more mental games like go or shougi, I can understand being serious from such a young age, but with physical sports the body is a consideration and there are limits to your abilities until you grow a bit. More importantly, there's no telling how your body will grow and you could end up surpassing your limits or being left behind.

On a different note, I'd like to see how Subaru's friends and classmates react when they find out he's coaching a grade school girls' team. Much of the school would probably think he's wanting to teach them more than basketball, since they already think that way about their team. His friends will probably think he's nuts for walking into a deathtrap like that. Best part would be if some students or teachers from the high school come to see what's going on. Before it all starts, Subaru would have to take Maho somewhere private and tell her not to do anything funny, like cosplay, exhibitionism, etc. One stupid scheme on Maho's part in front of Subaru's classmates and the guy would be ruined.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 06:42   Link #244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
On a different note, I'd like to see how Subaru's friends and classmates react when they find out he's coaching a grade school girls' team. Much of the school would probably think he's wanting to teach them more than basketball, since they already think that way about their team. His friends will probably think he's nuts for walking into a deathtrap like that. Best part would be if some students or teachers from the high school come to see what's going on. Before it all starts, Subaru would have to take Maho somewhere private and tell her not to do anything funny, like cosplay, exhibitionism, etc. One stupid scheme on Maho's part in front of Subaru's classmates and the guy would be ruined.
At least two of his friends already know and they're already joking about him being a lolicon, so yes, it wouldn't be too good if the rest of the school found out.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 20:31   Link #245
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Who is the most mature out of those five girls?

I think Saki is the most mature, and then Tomoka, Maho, Airi and Hinata respectively.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 21:50   Link #246
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I agree with your ordering, although I'm placing Tomoka before Saki from how I'm seeing her so far.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 22:28   Link #247
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Who is the most mature out of those five girls?

I think Saki is the most mature, and then Tomoka, Maho, Airi and Hinata respectively.
Well, in "that" and "that" aspect, I would say Airi is the champion of maturity in this case.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 01:03   Link #248
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
They joke around, but it's not REALLY bad at least (in the long run) -- theres like a 3 year gap between them. And as long as sex isn't involved for several years even if they did "hook up" per se...

Say in 3 years it would be like 12th vs 9th or 10th grader...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 01:29   Link #249
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Sorry, I was not clear on the aspect. I meant being mature as an adult.
I was able to measure their maturity because of the drama cd, it was released before the anime.

I apologize for being off topic; I really wanted to talk about the drama cd episode, I could not resist as I'm typing. I know that talking about this is not suppose to be posted on this thread. But I doubt that this anime won't be promoted to sub-forum. I learned more about their characteristics and most of all, it is so funny that I listened to it three or four times more.

If you are interested, no I'm not sure because it is in Japanese. There is no subs. I copied and pasted ro-kyu-bu drama cd in Japanese text, not English text. It is in youtube. Copy and paste:
ロウきゅーぶ!ドラマCD and search. The drama cd divided in two, about 15 minutes each, and the display image is Tomoka holding a basketball.

Again, sorry for being selfish, I should just requested for a new thread, I'm actually amature at forums and I do not understand how to use spoiler tags.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 04:48   Link #250
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At least two of his friends already know and they're already joking about him being a lolicon, so yes, it wouldn't be too good if the rest of the school found out.
What two friends are you talking about? the only two friends I know of seemed to be unaware of his new job. The guy called him "Lolicon club member" because he was a member of the basketball team that had been shut down because of the captain putting the moves on a grade-school girl. And Aoi seemed to find the jokes annoying at best. These two friends know nothing though. The guy thought that Subaru had stopped having anything to do with basketball and thus gotten rusty, and the girl had no clue why Subaru would be busy after school.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 05:14   Link #251
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I was under the impression that they knew for some reason. My bad. It seems like he's keeping it a secret from them. If he keeps coaching the kids (and he will, since this is the whole premise of the anime) he'd better tell them rather than wait for them to find out on their own.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 05:46   Link #252
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was under the impression that they knew for some reason. My bad. It seems like he's keeping it a secret from them. If he keeps coaching the kids (and he will, since this is the whole premise of the anime) he'd better tell them rather than wait for them to find out on their own.
That'll be kind of hard, though you're right. Still, my guess is Aoi will get curious about what Subaru's doing that keeps him busy all the time, follows him and finds out that way. And you know that will be the day that Maho comes up with a particularly unique outfit for the girls to greet him in, and it will take a while to make the situation clear to her. If Subaru does take Aoi to see them or something, then like I said he'll have to talk to Maho first to keep her from doing something. And I can understand him keeping it a secret. Since he's being labeled a lolicon by association at school, there'd be no point mentioning something like that if it was only going to be a 3-day favor. Don't know if he'll still keep it a secret now that he's decided to see things through.

I hope Aoi becomes more involved in the story. It's clear enough she's interested in Subaru from the way she looks at him from time to time, and I'd like to see that work. I wouldn't be surprised if some rivalry develops between her and Tomoka, who also seems to be crushing on her coach. At least one of them will see the other as a threat.

Aoi's definitely going to have problems at times, since this has clearly been set from the start as an ecchi show.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 15:17   Link #253
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was under the impression that they knew for some reason. My bad. It seems like he's keeping it a secret from them. If he keeps coaching the kids (and he will, since this is the whole premise of the anime) he'd better tell them rather than wait for them to find out on their own.
I don't think he told them because until the end of episode 2, it was just a three day thing that had ended already, so no reason to bring it up to them, but now that has changed. He probably should tell them sooner rather than later .
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 05:19   Link #254
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Of course, once he decides to tell them he's going to be very nervous about it. I imagine he'll dream that night of taking Aoi to the gym, opening the door and finding the girls kneeling like the classic young wife in aprons and nothing else, and he screams as he wakes up.
Then he'll actually take Aoi to meet the girls.
Door opens.
"Welcome home, Mas-"
door slams shut.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 08:30   Link #255
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I just found out the Ro-Kyu-Bu girls will be performing at Animelo 2011.

Oh my goodness, Hikasa Yoko in Animelo! Why wasn't Keion-bu roped into Animelo??

Looking forward to their performance. Shame it'll take another year or so to actually see it.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 10:52   Link #256
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Spoiler for 69 Club 03 - Running on:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:25   Link #257
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jogja
Age: 26
Spoiler for ep 3:

still, this anime is worth of watching
__________________
Wedang Jahe Kalengan, teman anda melewati malam yang dingin dan sepi!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!

Last edited by gecd; 2011-07-15 at 14:30.
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:29   Link #258
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I liked the way Subaru's handling the girls' weaknesses and giving them a chance. On the downside, it looks like he's having a couple of the girls focussing on one single thing enough to give them trouble later, since they perfected the ability to shoot from one spot but will have trouble shooting from anywhere else. That sort of training can produce bad habits that are useful or hard to notice in such positions. Still, with an incredibly short time to work before the game, I guess it became necessary to to some bad training for quick results. Also, his lie to Airi may just break her heart when she figures it out. Still, the girls all showed that they really aren't in this for fun and games, but because they really do love the game and want to improve.

I'm not sure, but I get a slight feeling that Subaru's going to have Hinata play a rather unique role in the next ep.
Spoiler:

The BD/DVDs will be interesting it seems. Lots of mist in the bath scene. I kinda wonder whether they'll leave some of the sticky mist in like so many shows, or whether they'll do like they used to do and just not give any real definition and show all.


Anyway, it's been made pretty obvious that the lolicon factor is going to be a plot point. Subaru's only four years older than the girls, and in a couple years that will have little meaning, but right now it's dangerous. And before any sexual tension developed, Subaru already was showing signs of a good form of love for Tomoka. I think his developing interest in other things is to a good extent a reaction to the girl having an interest in him. Hinata was just a fluke reaction and not lolicon, more like the way that you'd react seeing a poor, sad puppy.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:55   Link #259
azuma-blade
The Dominant
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raven's Ark
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:

still, this anime is worth of watching
not to mention the fun part when hinata say's "onii-chan" subaru started yelling "MEDIC" made go spill my drink from laughing
__________________
azuma-blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:59   Link #260
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Episode 03 has a nice atmosphere. Subaru knows his game and his plan is working. So it's really not just some moe blob show. It really has story with it and when it's time for basketball it really did well. Though... what's with the small forward <.< Well it's all in the plan for them to win. But it's clearly that the girls are still lacking in stamina. Well they are beginners.

4 year difference? I think first year high school is around 16 or 17 from the other stories I read but not sure on the age of a 6th grader. But maybe it's around 11-12. So the age gap isn't that big. But I just can't take it seriously if they portray it now...... he just looks like a big lolicon to me though I still like it. Airi is really tall. She is almost the same height as Subaru or maybe taller because he is tip toeing to make Airi smaller.

I wonder the reaction of Aoi if she knew why Subaru was sleeping in the class or why is he tired.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.