AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-15, 15:45   Link #201
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brunei
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Hmm. Completed Snow Drop, Jewel Knights Crusaders, Tottemo Pheromone, Kango Shicyauzo 2, Come See Me Tonight, Private Nurse, Secret Wives' Club and Shikaeshi.

I have an extensive knowledge of H-games, but can't play them due to limitations like geographical position and availability.

I am yet to play Heart de Roommate, it's ready and installed in my laptop, but will all the workload I'm having right now I doubt it o_O
__________________
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:05   Link #202
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
So where WOULD you get collections of H images from Tsukihime?

If asking this is not allowed here, somebody just yell out "fuzzy bananas!" and I'll forget about it.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 17:22   Link #203
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm a huge KEY fan ^-^

Kanon and AIR

I don't own Clannad yet I would like to see if a PS2 version will come out ^-^"

Any case kj1980 what is the story for this one?here
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 17:39   Link #204
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I'm a huge KEY fan ^-^

Kanon and AIR

I don't own Clannad yet I would like to see if a PS2 version will come out ^-^"

Any case kj1980 what is the story for this one?here
From the summary, Planetarian looks to be some Sci-Fi stuffs like Spielberg's AI.

Talks about how a city's was abandoned 30 year piror to the story because of biological warfare and now it's run by War Machine with AI.

And now a guy (the protagonist?) is visiting the place and encounter a gitl in a planetarium.

The girl, Yumeru, is a spoiled robot, seems to be waiting for someone for the past 30 years. And now all she can do is to act as a projector.

The guy will now patch her up to see what she has to say about her past.....
__________________

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2004-11-15 at 19:00.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 18:55   Link #205
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Right now, I'm near obsessed with "Fate/ Stay Night" by Type-Moon
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 00:01   Link #206
LytHka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
I don't deny that I've downloaded games before, but I will admit that all of the games that I have download have also been purchased, yes, this includes the ones that I despised with a passion. I don't believe in taking what isn't mine, but I also cannot see spending the prices some of these programs cost without some prior hands-on with it.
I don't understand you now. You bought ALL the games you've downloaded over the years, yet you say you need a system to check out these games first? Why? You're going to buy them anyway. Best to have the original box, probably a doll or two to go along with it, with a nice printed DVD inside. I really don't see any logic in this.

There's only two logical answers you can give to us now: either you're too impatient to get the games in your mailbox (which is complete bull if you ask me, I rather wait for something I order) OR you want to see which games you'll actually buy.

Basic human logic tells us not to buy something you don't like. Why? Because you'd be wasting your money. Period. These games can go all the way up to 90 dollars and the rips you get from Winny or Share or whatever warez program you're getting them from aren't for example fansubs which have lower quality than the DVDs. No, you get an exact copy of a game which you can play normally, mostly without much problems.

(If the thread participants were jury and you were on trial for downloading those games, you know what the verdict would be, don't you?).

We turn in to criminals as soon as we go online, you know that, right?
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 00:23   Link #207
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
I support an industry such as this, even if I don't like the product. My logic is that it is my logic, something I don't expect other's to possibly understand. As it stands, in the last 4 years of me actively purchasing ero's direct from Japan, I've only purchased three titles that I previously categorized as 'crap' in my opinion...now why did I do this despite me not loking the title, was it because I wasted money...no, I did it because I downloaded the program with the intent that I was going to purchase it, then I turned around and resold it, lost maybe $5 in the shipping.

As you can see, I don't end up wasting my money, there are people out there with different tastes to mine and ones that will more than likely like the titles I don't, and I kinda hope it's true. This will allow me to follow my standards of wanting a shareware-style setup and still paying to support the genre.

Of course, I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of me...let alone quote Biblical scripture...but please, engage the brain before trying to throw out insults. As for the quality, that's up to debate...several fansub groups release DVD-ripped versions, other's are strictly rippers...either way, there is no loss of quality and thus makes your arguement between the games and anime moot.

Besides, taking for example here...

I downloaded CRC on the whim of a friend's recommendation, in the beginning I didn't like the game all that much, but despite that I still purchased the, at the time, $95 game only to continue to play it and find that I actually started to enjoy it. To me, it was well worth the gamble that I took. I'm not rich, far from it...hell my last paycheck was *just* $150 after taxes because of slashing of my hours, but I will still do whatever I need to support something that I believe in...There are very few companies I will buy blindly from...Age, Key, and some Angel Smile products, I almost faithfully purchase all products from them just on principle alone because I want them to keep producing the good titles. Yes, this is a huge waste of money to some, but for me, I find that I feel better about myself for supporting a small community that I like.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 01:04   Link #208
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam_Islash
I downloaded Kana Little sister....
But its in a whole bunch of weird files (Namely .bin, .zip, .cue,and .rar)


'///
These are image files, though zip and rar are archive files, dont know what they are then dont bother.

I'm also one of those who downloads before I buy kind of people, if I dont like a particular game i just delete it. Same thing goes with fansubs.

And dont tell me those who haven't downloaded anything illegal didnt at least download an illegal mp3 in their lives.

Anyway back on topic.

English: Private Nurse
Japanese: Wind A Breath Of Heart (and yes I will buy the rerealeased game when the english patch comes out)
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 01:55   Link #209
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Anyway back on topic.

English: Private Nurse
Japanese: Wind A Breath Of Heart (and yes I will buy the rerealeased game when the english patch comes out)
Well you won't have to wait long, the english patch for Wind is finished and is scheduled for release sometime within 3 months ^_^

I'm just waiting for the english patch on Fate/ Stay Night...that game is incredible!!

Also, I'm wondering if its legal here to post a link to an english translation of the Fate/ Stay Night Demo? The demo was originally a public release as a free download.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 02:49   Link #210
DaFool
Resident devil
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Well you won't have to wait long, the english patch for Wind is finished and is scheduled for release sometime within 3 months ^_^

I'm just waiting for the english patch on Fate/ Stay Night...that game is incredible!!

Also, I'm wondering if its legal here to post a link to an english translation of the Fate/ Stay Night Demo? The demo was originally a public release as a free download.
I love that Saber Avatar! Yeah animesuki is an anime video fansub only site, but I guess there could be no harm *cough* in mentioning *cough* insani *cough* org *cough * because they are an expert group comprised of the very same fansubbers who do unlicensed anime.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 03:21   Link #211
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Fate/Stay Night is good, but I think that they should translate something dark and emotional such as Tenshi Inai No Jyuuni Gatsu ( 天使いないの十二月 ) as a test to see how emotionally mature the average western Gal Gamer/Anime fan is.

I've played it and was never the same gal gamer and to some extent, the same person I was.

As of now, I'm playing Fifth Aile. Yah, loli yarugee (borderline kichiku), I know.But read my user title.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 06:41   Link #212
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureLight
Hmm. Completed Snow Drop, Jewel Knights Crusaders, Tottemo Pheromone, Kango Shicyauzo 2, Come See Me Tonight, Private Nurse, Secret Wives' Club and Shikaeshi.

I have an extensive knowledge of H-games, but can't play them due to limitations like geographical position and availability.

I am yet to play Heart de Roommate, it's ready and installed in my laptop, but will all the workload I'm having right now I doubt it o_O
You don't really sound to have that much h-games knowledge (like English H-games were good H-games samples ) to me

Quote:
As of now, I'm playing Fifth Aile. Yah, loli yarugee (borderline kichiku), I know.But read my user title.
This game looks really cute
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 11:44   Link #213
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brunei
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
You don't really sound to have that much h-games knowledge (like English H-games were good H-games samples ) to me
Ha. H-game knowledge is not a contest. I did tell you that I can't get the ones not translated, even though my Japanese is sufficient enough to at least play them.

Of course the English-translated ones suck. But those are the only ones I can get.

...It's not a contest.
__________________
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 12:45   Link #214
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureLight
Ha. H-game knowledge is not a contest. I did tell you that I can't get the ones not translated, even though my Japanese is sufficient enough to at least play them.

Of course the English-translated ones suck. But those are the only ones I can get.

...It's not a contest.
I never said it was a contest, I just said that saying you have a good knowledge of H-games while saying you're only playing English H-games is just plain wrong.
I hope you understand what I mean.
In no way I was thinking of this as a contest or anything : I'm just pointing out that most English H-games are bad examples of those sort of games.
If I really wanted to do a contest I would have just given the names+getchu link or whatever of all the H-games I currently have on my computer (not counting those I lost because of bad DVD/CD).
__________________

Last edited by Thany; 2004-11-17 at 07:35.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 23:54   Link #215
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 27
My favourite ero-game is D.C. ~Da Capo~ White Season right now simply because of the mini game "After Banana"
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 02:58   Link #216
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
I'm really hoping for either a group to sub Da Capo or a company to license the game.

Well there was a group that was considering to translate it, but it was either Da Capo or Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and KgNE won :P

Da Capo must be pretty damn popular in Japan for it to spawn 2 sequel/side-stories along with a remake with 4 (I think) new characters.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 07:30   Link #217
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brunei
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
I'm really hoping for either a group to sub Da Capo or a company to license the game.

Da Capo must be pretty damn popular in Japan for it to spawn 2 sequel/side-stories along with a remake with 4 (I think) new characters.
D.C. is created by Circus, who also did a lot of games, including Suika. While D.C. became a 26-ep TV anime, Suika became an H-anime.

They are also responsible for Mai-HiME.
__________________
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 07:39   Link #218
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureLight
D.C. is created by Circus, who also did a lot of games, including Suika. While D.C. became a 26-ep TV anime, Suika became an H-anime.

They are also responsible for Mai-HiME.
Usually, H-games with good reputation will come into anime (usually after a few others games based on them).
Hopefully, F&C will soon make a Suigetsu anime
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 09:02   Link #219
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Usually, H-games with good reputation will come into anime (usually after a few others games based on them).
Hopefully, F&C will soon make a Suigetsu anime
Not necessary. Kizuato is still not animated after nearly a decade despite being one of the pioneer game of the entire visual novel genre.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 09:26   Link #220
bluemist
i am the mist
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureLight
D.C. is created by Circus, who also did a lot of games, including Suika. While D.C. became a 26-ep TV anime, Suika became an H-anime.

They are also responsible for Mai-HiME.
Circus and Mai-HiME... related? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Not necessary. Kizuato is still not animated after nearly a decade despite being one of the pioneer game of the entire visual novel genre.
I guess Leaf Visual Novel #2 (Kizuato) got overshadowed by #3 (To Heart), which was the one that is animated... twice so far.
__________________
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.