AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 52 53.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 28.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-19, 15:13   Link #21
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Did he? I don't quite remember when he did.
I'm sure he did but maybe I'm wrong. Well at least, he told her off-screen !
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:16   Link #22
Orin GA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
One word to sum up this episode:

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:19   Link #23
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
What I learned from Steins;Gate today. They will bring your hopes up for happiness, then crush it the next moment.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:21   Link #24
Elestia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Poor Suzuha. In the end did she find out who her father was? I mean she still used the name Hashida Suzu. But that revelation only happened when Okabe didn't send the D-Mail, so she left during that rainy rainy night.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:27   Link #25
Orin GA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
So....I'm confused....what caused the memory loss, some time travel technology-babble or did the bike hit her in the head or something...
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:29   Link #26
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
My take on this version is just that Okabe didn't stop her from going to that forum and taking the time-machine to go back to the 1970's. She probably didn't find the IBN5100 or else there would be bigger changes imo/they would be using it in the lab most likely. That means she didn't lose her memory, but rather died from illness during her mission. I.e. - she was trying until the last second (the shopkeeper talks about how she kept looking at the divergence meter, so she def. had her memories at that point, and if she didn't leave a letter for okabe, then it's probably that she didn't go into a mental frenzy where she blamed herself for living "20 some odd years without remembering her mission".
This makes alot of sense! I forgot about that whole forum meeting
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:29   Link #27
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A place where the stars cross.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
So....I'm confused....what caused the memory loss, some time travel technology-babble or did the bike hit her in the head or something...
Suzuha mentioned it in her letter. The time machine still wasn't completely repaired, which caused Suzuha to lose her memories.
__________________
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:31   Link #28
Offizier_Michael
Allies Staff Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Germany
Well that was an emotional episode...
It's kinda confusing how Okabe keeps f***ing up the timeline with D-mails, you really need to think twice if the other characters should know about A or B or not

Why is the death of Suzuha at first suizide but after the D-mail caused by illness, what did the mail change, and when not, is Mr. Braun lying?
If they'll ever get out a Steins;Gate timeline graphic which explains the story, it'll look like one hell of a tree

What was Okabe writting in his D-mail anyways, I couldn't read more then SERN..
__________________
Offizier_Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:31   Link #29
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
She probably didn't find the IBN5100 or else there would be bigger changes imo/they would be using it in the lab most likely.
If she hadn't found it, I assume she'd have said she failed again. And really, there's no reason for her to not have found it. It's likely at the shrine, with Moeka, or in the lab now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Now about Suzuha, did anyone notice that she mentioned in the letter that she remembered Okabe sending the D-mail to stop her from leaving that rainy night? Okabe is the only one with the Reading Steiner, so only he should...yet Suzuha somehow remembered.
She didn't say anything about D-Mail. She just said he stopped her, which he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Poor Suzuha. In the end did she find out who her father was? I mean she still used the name Hashida Suzu. But that revelation only happened when Okabe didn't send the D-Mail, so she left during that rainy rainy night.
Hard to say, since the D-Mail he sent wasn't translated. Honestly, I'm not even sure who he sent it to. Has Renji in it, which would be the microwave part of the time machine, but unless it uses a different kanji for "denwa" than usual, it's not the time machine.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:38   Link #30
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If she hadn't found it, I assume she'd have said she failed again. And really, there's no reason for her to not have found it. It's likely at the shrine, with Moeka, or in the lab now.
Just an assumption I made based on the fact that they didn't mention the IBN5100 yet after the new dmail was sent. But then again there wasn't enough time to show it i suppose, and it might be covered in the next episode. Also, the fact that the meter didn't jump pass 1 also made me doubt whether she found it or not.

Idk, Im still hung over the fact that Okabe can't just keep time leaping and building the machine faster so that he can time leap further back. derp
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:39   Link #31
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Poor Suzuha. In the end did she find out who her father was? I mean she still used the name Hashida Suzu. But that revelation only happened when Okabe didn't send the D-Mail, so she left during that rainy rainy night.
My guess is Yes she probably did, or at least was able to meet Daru at the forum, since Okabe probably made it so that he didn't stop either of the two from meeting at the forum.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:41   Link #32
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
NOOO SUZUHA! ;-;
No more Tamura Yukari voice. This episode was so sad! Suzuha will never be truly happy. D=
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:50   Link #33
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offizier_Michael View Post

Why is the death of Suzuha at first suizide but after the D-mail caused by illness, what did the mail change, and when not, is Mr. Braun lying?
If they'll ever get out a Steins;Gate timeline graphic which explains the story, it'll look like one hell of a tree
If the first time Suzuha killed herself, it's because she remembered her mission too late. She spent her whole life doing nothing until the very end when she remembered everything. That's why she killed herself one year later.

However, with Okarin last d-mail, the time machine works. Suzuha didn't forget her mission and try to did it until the very end. That's why she died of an illness.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:08   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Okay maybe I got some really bad subtitles, but I'm completely lost at the part where Suzuha is talking about how Okabe stopped her and then Mr. Braun says she died. So did she not go back to 1975 or what? This is just really confusing to me and I'll have to hold off on an episode rating till I get this figured out.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:08   Link #35
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
I've never cried so much at off screen development ever.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:10   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Never thought Mayuri of all people would be the one to figure out Daru is Suzuha's dad. She's a lot smarter than she looks, and she seems to be gifted with a good intuition. The father/daughter reunion was so awkward (call me "Papa" ). And damnit, I really wish Suzuha had told us who her mom is. My money is still on Feyris.

The second part of the episode was really sad. I'm really glad Okabe managed to fix his mistake, and at the same time, Suzuha's life. I suppose it's safe to assume she accomplished her mission this time around, given that she didn't kill herself and the divergence number changed. A shame she didn't live long enough to find out she succeeded (partly at least)

Alright, there are several things I'm confused about and I'd like to be clarified if possible, and if the answer isn't a spoiler of course:
  • At first, I assumed Suzuha found out about the meeting her father was supposed to go to because she knew he posted under the username "Barrel Titor" there. However, it appears Daru wasn't using this name yet, so how come she found out about this particular meeting even though she knew jack shit about her father?
  • Hashida Suzu. She was supposed to suffer from amnesia in the previous world line, so how could she take her father's name?
  • Who did Okabe send a D-mail to and what did he write? I see SERN mentioned there. I assume he sent it either to himself or Suzuha, telling her to leave before the storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Actually there are, I think, (speculation) two answer for what happened :

Mayuri is not safe and will die after.
Mayuri is safe but because of that, Kurisu is dead (killed at the beggining). That's why we don't see her in the end of this episode. She's dead.
I didn't think much of Kurisu's absence, but now that you mention it... If Kurisu is dead, then that would explain why Moeka's group didn't go after the lab for one, since no Kurisu = no time machine. I can't imagine how Suzuha's action in the past could lead to Kurisu's death, but anything's possible with the butterfly effect.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:12   Link #37
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Okay maybe I got some really bad subtitles, but I'm completely lost at the part where Suzuha is talking about how Okabe stopped her and then Mr. Braun says she died. So did she not go back to 1975 or what? This is just really confusing to me and I'll have to hold off on an episode rating till I get this figured out.

Suzuha said if Okarin didn't stop her in episode XXX (the one Okarin stopped her because she didn't meet her father at the time machine forum) then the time machine would have worked because she could have used it before the storm (it's because of the storm that the time machine was broken). So, to change that, Okrain sent a D-mail and like that he didn't stop her.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:16   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Suzuha said if Okarin didn't stop her in episode XXX (the one Okarin stopped her because she didn't meet her father at the time machine forum) then the time machine would have worked because she could have used it before the storm (it's because of the storm that the time machine was broken). So, to change that, Okrain sent a D-mail and like that he didn't stop her.
Okay I don't remember this at all. How long ago was this? Like in what episode? None of this rings a bell for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:19   Link #39
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Never thought Mayuri of all people would be the one to figure out Daru is Suzuha's dad. She's a lot smarter than she looks, and she seems to be gifted with a good intuition. The father/daughter reunion was so awkward (call me "Papa" ). And damnit, I really wish Suzuha had told us who her mom is. My money is still on Feyris.
I'm with you on that one: both on the fact that my money is also on Feyris and the fact that she kept that to herself and we're gonna be left speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The second part of the episode was really sad. I'm really glad Okabe managed to fix his mistake, and at the same time, Suzuha's life. I suppose it's safe to assume she accomplished her mission this time around, given that she didn't kill herself and the divergence number changed. A shame she didn't live long enough to find out she succeeded (partly at least)
Don't want to play devil's advocate but I must: the simple fact that she went to the meeting would be enough to make the divergence meter change so those numbers (as of yet) only tell us something changed and not that it was for the better.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 16:21   Link #40
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
  • Hashida Suzu. She was supposed to suffer from amnesia in the previous world line, so how could she take her father's name?
  • Who did Okabe send a D-mail to and what did he write? I see SERN mentioned there. I assume he sent it either to himself or Suzuha, telling her to leave before the storm.
I don't know about the first question, but as for the second, she regained her memories, which is why she knew she failed.

As for the third question, I'm assuming it was to stop himself, but I can't say for sure.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.