AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 13:44   Link #21221
justavisitor

Major yes for RG Freedom!!

kind of expected that RG Freedom would come out...so I held off my plan from buying RG strike XD

I like freedom more than strike freedom (but I like infinite justice more than justice)...can't wait!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 14:03   Link #21222
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Major yes for RG Freedom!!

kind of expected that RG Freedom would come out...so I held off my plan from buying RG strike XD

I like freedom more than strike freedom (but I like infinite justice more than justice)...can't wait!!
yeah, i was really happy to see the freedom there, too^^
however, i dont really like one thing about the RG line: the frame is always the same. you just pop on different armor pieces! if you have built one of them you have built them all. i might get the RG zaku II massproduction type because i dont have a zaku yet but thats it :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 15:41   Link #21223
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, i was really happy to see the freedom there, too^^
however, i dont really like one thing about the RG line: the frame is always the same. you just pop on different armor pieces! if you have built one of them you have built them all. i might get the RG zaku II massproduction type because i dont have a zaku yet but thats it :P
Really? All same frame? Man, that would be suck, since I was planning to get them all next month. I guess now all I need is 2 of them, strike and freedom, since I have the other 3 in HGUC already
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 16:45   Link #21224
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
Really? All same frame? Man, that would be suck, since I was planning to get them all next month. I guess now all I need is 2 of them, strike and freedom, since I have the other 3 in HGUC already
they all share this super flexible 1/144 inner frame called the "ADVANCED MS JOINTS". they are incredibly awesome for 1/144 scale models but its really always the same... you put together the frame (which is prebuild on the runners for you, like some PG hands that you just need to cut off the runner and slap the armor on), put on the armor pieces, done.

the frame parts are always on a single B plate.

the RX-78-2's frame:

chars zaku II:

aile strike:

see? they are all almost identical. but even if they were different it wouldnt really matter because you dont have to put them together :P you cut off the pieces, bend them to losen up the joints a little, twist a few pieces and then you put on the armor. its the same for all RG kits.

Last edited by Appel; 2011-07-22 at 17:43.
Old 2011-07-22, 18:24   Link #21225
skyboy928

Quote:
they all share this super flexible 1/144 inner frame called the "ADVANCED MS JOINTS". they are incredibly awesome for 1/144 scale models but its really always the same... you put together the frame (which is prebuild on the runners for you, like some PG hands that you just need to cut off the runner and slap the armor on), put on the armor pieces, done.

the frame parts are always on a single B plate.

the RX-78-2's frame:

chars zaku II:

aile strike:

see? they are all almost identical. but even if they were different it wouldnt really matter because you dont have to put them together :P you cut off the pieces, bend them to losen up the joints a little, twist a few pieces and then you put on the armor. its the same for all RG kits.
that is really too bad. well, thanks to you my wallet is safe, lol.
but i will get Aile Strike and Freedom, since i don't have those on 1/144.
come to think of it, it seem these RG kit also have PG, so would that mean we might see Wing, Z, Mk.II, and Astray as well?, that could be nice
Old 2011-07-22, 18:29   Link #21226
Appel

Quote:
that is really too bad. well, thanks to you my wallet is safe, lol.
but i will get Aile Strike and Freedom, since i don't have those on 1/144.
come to think of it, it seem these RG kit also have PG, so would that mean we might see Wing, Z, Mk.II, and Astray as well?, that could be nice
i didnt tell you not to buy them, i only told you one drawback about the RG line :P thea are amazing 1/144 models and i can recommend them! they are just not very exciting to build.

and since all they have to do is change the armor pieces and modify the frame a tiny bit pretty much all gundams are possible as an RG kit! thats the advantage of that frame. well, transforming suits might be a problem though :P
Old 2011-07-22, 18:40   Link #21227
skyboy928

Quote:
i didnt tell you not to buy them, i only told you one drawback about the RG line :P thea are amazing 1/144 models and i can recommend them! they are just not very exciting to build.

and since all they have to do is change the armor pieces and modify the frame a tiny bit pretty much all gundams are possible as an RG kit! thats the advantage of that frame. well, transforming suits might be a problem though :P
haha, the main reason for now getting RX78, and both Zaku is i did have that in 1/144, since there's pretty much no different between each and every RG beside the armor pcs, so i could save a bit. but if my saving do allow me to spend a bit extra, yeah, i will get those as well. .
Old 2011-07-22, 22:15   Link #21228
justavisitor

talking about freedom...did freedom in other grade have any balance issue because the wing/cannon is too heavy??

One of the reason I held off from buying strike is because of the balance issue I suspect it may have...my hg infinite justice is barely hanging on with a stand...so I hope freedom in RG won't have any balance issue
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-07-22, 23:32   Link #21229
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
talking about freedom...did freedom in other grade have any balance issue because the wing/cannon is too heavy??

One of the reason I held off from buying strike is because of the balance issue I suspect it may have...my hg infinite justice is barely hanging on with a stand...so I hope freedom in RG won't have any balance issue
well, i'm not sure about the HG for both Strike and Freedom, but for their MG, both come with a stand, i like Strike's stand a lot. take a look yourself
but for PG, i afraid it might fall down while i was away, so i have it kneel, lol

since the sword was so huge my shelf couldn't fit that.
but once i bought the Sky Grasper which come with the stand so no need to care about the balance issue anymore, lol
Old 2011-07-22, 23:53   Link #21230
justavisitor

thanks for the advice!! those models look great!!

My hg infinite justice has a stand too...but the annoying part is that backpack (I keep it in full-flight mode) keeps weighting down so the cannon on the backpack keeps hitting the yellow fin of inf justice...in fact now it's just the yellow fin of the inf justice that keeps the backpack attached to the body..(sounds really weird, I know)...so just wondering whether will freedom also suffer the weight issue on the back

it would be nice if I can finally assemble "freedom and justice" with RG freedom XD
Old 2011-07-23, 00:16   Link #21231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As long as I recall, Freedom doesn't have any grave balance issues with its wings. I only have the MG, but I've check my friend's HG 1-100 & 1-144 Freedom and they're fine (as long as you don't play the joint TOO often). I don't know about the Freedom RG & HG 1-60 though, but surely the RG's frame will be better than most of the HGs.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 00:27   Link #21232
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As long as I recall, Freedom doesn't have any grave balance issues with its wings. I only have the MG, but I've check my friend's HG 1-100 & 1-144 Freedom and they're fine (as long as you don't play the joint TOO often). I don't know about the Freedom RG & HG 1-60 though, but surely the RG's frame will be better than most of the HGs.
RGs have better frames yes, but that also accounts to why they have slight balance issues. Given the joints in in the feet, it's sometimes hard to get the foot flat on ground.

Oddly enough I have more trouble posing my RX-78(with the bazooka on it's back) than I do with the Strike
Old 2011-07-23, 01:47   Link #21233
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Really? Wow, now that's an input since I don't have any experience with RGs yet.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 04:30   Link #21234
Appel

the MG freedoms weight issues arent bad. it does have them but it can stand on its own depending on how you position the wings and legs.
Old 2011-07-23, 08:56   Link #21235
skyboy928

so i finally start working on my MG Deathscythe Hell, just finish painting the first coat, even tho i paint it out door, but once i bring the pieces back inside the whole room smell, lol
anyway, i'm about to do the second coat now.
here is a question..... when do i do the top coat?
since i'm gonna just paint the black part, do i assemble the whole kit then apply the top coat?
or i apply the top coat before assemble? that's i'm still not so sure
Old 2011-07-23, 09:32   Link #21236
Appel

Quote:
so i finally start working on my MG Deathscythe Hell, just finish painting the first coat, even tho i paint it out door, but once i bring the pieces back inside the whole room smell, lol
anyway, i'm about to do the second coat now.
here is a question..... when do i do the top coat?
since i'm gonna just paint the black part, do i assemble the whole kit then apply the top coat?
or i apply the top coat before assemble? that's i'm still not so sure
first the top coat after the black paint is dried ( i actually only applied one coat, that was enough in my opinion) and when that has dried, too you put it together. the top coat is supposed to protect the paint from scratches. if you put it together before you apply the top coat you might end up ruining the paintjob!
the top coat might also get stuck in joints and you wont be able to move it well anymore when you apply it after putting the model together :P
Old 2011-07-23, 09:56   Link #21237
skyboy928

i c, thanks for clearing that. hopefully will get it done tonight
Old 2011-07-23, 10:08   Link #21238
Appel

Quote:
i c, thanks for clearing that. hopefully will get it done tonight
by the way, are you using a flat or a glossy top coat? personally i prefer flat coats^^
Old 2011-07-23, 10:15   Link #21239
skyboy928

Quote:
by the way, are you using a flat or a glossy top coat? personally i prefer flat coats^^
since i don't know what to get, i got them both, but decide to use the Flat after i saw another video about doing top coat.
the guy said that for shinny look then go with the glossy, but for realistic look, go with Flat.

by the way, i just finish the top coat right after your last reply, i still have question on if i should top coat those that i didn't paint anything? like those White or Grey part?
Old 2011-07-23, 11:07   Link #21240
Appel

Quote:
since i don't know what to get, i got them both, but decide to use the Flat after i saw another video about doing top coat.
the guy said that for shinny look then go with the glossy, but for realistic look, go with Flat.

by the way, i just finish the top coat right after your last reply, i still have question on if i should top coat those that i didn't paint anything? like those White or Grey part?
thats up to you^^ i didnt top coat the other pieces, only those that i painted. like i said, the top coat only protects the paint and adds a shiny or a flat effect. if you want that effect on the other pieces to then you can do that, you wont have any disadvantages from that :P

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy