AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-22, 21:42   Link #1521
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Hey everyone, I've been doing Clannad Recaps on my blog where I talk about the deep themes and character layers of the anime, it's been pretty amazing to do so far! The blog is here, the first Clannad Recap is here, second one here and third one here. Thanks

"I’m just going to say it, I love the way Clannad starts off. The shots of the city are just gorgeous, the colours used are splendid, cold and grey, unwelcoming, unfriendly, nonchalant, boring, its everything Tomoya see’s in the town, and we are immediately seeing it the same way as soon as the series begins. It’s a very good technique, drags you straight into Tomoya’s eyes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Now that you think about it, we rarely got to see Tomoyo anymore after the choice (although there is an OVA dedicated to her chapter) so I guess that can make up for it. But would have liked to see what she was doing while out of school and not going out with Tomoya. Same goes for Ryou (same thing in Kyou's chapter, got a decent amount of attention there) or even how Kotomi is handling her education.
Yeah, it's all because of the way the Visual Novel plays out. In the Nagisa arc you only briefly meet Tomoyo (which means she only briefly appears in AS) and you don't see Kotomi at all. It really sucks actually, Kotomi has the least After Story out of all of the characters but it would have been really interesting to explore how she pursues her life after school.

Last edited by TheRealTRXD; 2011-06-02 at 14:32.
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 18:38   Link #1522
InfiniteDistance
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Now that you think about it, we rarely got to see Tomoyo anymore after the choice (although there is an OVA dedicated to her chapter) so I guess that can make up for it. But would have liked to see what she was doing while out of school and not going out with Tomoya. Same goes for Ryou (same thing in Kyou's chapter, got a decent amount of attention there) or even how Kotomi is handling her education.
Exactly. I even felt bad for Sunohara, although his character was quite annoying. Just, being best friends with Tomoya through most of high school and all, and then just not being friends. Maybe it reminds me too much of my own post highschool days. Curse you adulthood
__________________
Unser Leben geht dahin wie ein Geschwätz
InfiniteDistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 00:08   Link #1523
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
I just started watching this show, recommended by my friends. So far I just got done watching episode 9, and nearly cried! Very touching series, and i'm liking it so far!
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 02:00   Link #1524
Seraphim16
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: IL
Age: 33
My wife and I finished Clannad After Story last night and the series has become one of my absolute favorites. Some have dismissed it as another harem anime, but it really does fore-go the harem stereotypes and does an excellent job of developing the characters and their personalities. As I liked Kanon and Air, I was expecting to like Clannad. It really is a shame that none of Key's games have been given US releases in English. :\
__________________
Seraphim16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 08:05   Link #1525
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
>pick random Clannad episode
>Episode 21 of Clannad.
>4 minutes 50 in.
>Tomoya does a spittake in Akio's face
>Akio afterwards

LOLD.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 02:47   Link #1526
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
I rewatched Clannad S1 again and notice two things....

Akio-sans cigarettes has no smoke coming out of it. ( I know, only when he lights it up, that's all)

Nagisa-chan wasted the cup cake she bought from her store and left it on the bench.. did she took even a bite?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:48   Link #1527
darktruth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Just recently took some updated photos of my Clannad collection. Some of them were taken last year but I never posted them until now. Still intend on getting the Japanese blu-ray boxsets for both seasons sometime in the future and with my anime BD purchases winding down pretty soon, I really should start looking at it seriously.

Spoiler for clannad collection:


More photos
__________________


Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:55   Link #1528
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Kind of rare to see Nagisa with long hair and not in a ponytail.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 01:11   Link #1529
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Just recently took some updated photos of my Clannad collection. Some of them were taken last year but I never posted them until now. Still intend on getting the Japanese blu-ray boxsets for both seasons sometime in the future and with my anime BD purchases winding down pretty soon, I really should start looking at it seriously.

Spoiler for clannad collection:


More photos

One word... WOW. That's one heck of a collection... Clannad fans will make you a master.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 13:35   Link #1530
BradleySmith
Senior Member
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom,Essex
Age: 21
I just brought clannad series 1 part 1 dvd looking forward to watching it!
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:01   Link #1531
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleySmith View Post
I just brought clannad series 1 part 1 dvd looking forward to watching it!
You never what it yet?! Then unpack it and watch it!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 06:50   Link #1532
Polarem
Dango Digitizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleySmith View Post
I just brought clannad series 1 part 1 dvd looking forward to watching it!
A great investment!
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:29   Link #1533
Berserkguard
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 20
Today was a good day
__________________
Berserkguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 20:21   Link #1534
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
I just want to say that this show made me love life again.

Arturia
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:39   Link #1535
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Since most of the shows I've been watching are finished for now and the new season hasn't started yet I decided to pick Clannad again for what's probably my forth viewing. This is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite anime of all I've seen and I keep coming back to it. The funny thing is that the drama seems even more effective now that I know all that's going to happen then it was back when it started. The sense of dread anytime Nagisa is on the screen, the bittersweetness of it all... This show got me seriously down back then and it still does today but it feels refreshing. Sometimes I think I need that tightening of the heart to keep me from going completely cold.

Other shows may have good drama but none has managed to move me like this one has. It makes me feel like crap yes but that only makes the happy moments much more rewarding.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 05:38   Link #1536
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Since most of the shows I've been watching are finished for now and the new season hasn't started yet I decided to pick Clannad again for what's probably my forth viewing. This is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite anime of all I've seen and I keep coming back to it. The funny thing is that the drama seems even more effective now that I know all that's going to happen then it was back when it started. The sense of dread anytime Nagisa is on the screen, the bittersweetness of it all... This show got me seriously down back then and it still does today but it feels refreshing. Sometimes I think I need that tightening of the heart to keep me from going completely cold.

Other shows may have good drama but none has managed to move me like this one has. It makes me feel like crap yes but that only makes the happy moments much more rewarding.
I totally agree.
Once you already know what's going to happen, you cry a river that is 2 times higher.
Great anime, still proud of giving it a 10/10 with an additional Star for overall impressions.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 05:48   Link #1537
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I totally agree.
Once you already know what's going to happen, you cry a river that is 2 times higher.
Great anime, still proud of giving it a 10/10 with an additional Star for overall impressions.
One of the best anime of all time... beats NNH and MDK
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 02:00   Link #1538
NeverKnewINeeded
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
So, can anyone here recommend any Clannad fanfics? It's been a few years since I saw all of Clannad and I don't think I ever got over that feeling of withdrawal the moment I saw the last episode of ~After Story~.
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 02:32   Link #1539
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Baka Tsukki has something....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:00   Link #1540
NeverKnewINeeded
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Baka Tsukki has something....
Wait, I thought Baka Tsuki only has the visual novel transcript.
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, kyoto animation, romance, school life, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.