AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 00:47   Link #1
Mion S.

Something like Higurashi

I want to watch something like Higurashi, since it's the best anime ever! It could be like the cute side of the show, or the horror part, I don't care which.

P.S. I have already seen Elfen Lied, so do not suggest that.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:10   Link #2
Echoes

There's very little that lives up to the horror aspects of Higurashi. It does, in my opinion, stand among some of the best psychological horror I've seen portrayed in any medium. If you want something equally cute, I could list dozens of shows, but I'll instead try to give you some pointers towards the few great horror shows I've seen in anime.

Shiki. Almost equally haunting, set in a similar small village, far away from modern civilization. Great pacing, outstanding art and an absolutely fantastic soundtrack.

Ghost Hunt.
Despite its conventional name, it's a rather innovative anime. It has a solid cast, and though the arcs range from very scary to not really scary at all, it's always great; whether it's scary or not.

The most obvious suggestion is of course Umineko no Naku Koro ni, from the same creators. It's not as good as Higurashi, and I find that a lot of people dismiss it entirely, but I think it's a great horror show in its own right.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:25   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If you're going to go with Umineko, you might be better off with the sound novels instead.
Closed Thread