AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 13:25   Link #161
Tiran86

The manga was good, definitely better than the anime.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 13:36   Link #162
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

This is my next target. I've watched the anime many times but I haven't read manga. I have to try on OneManga.
Old 2008-10-25, 14:18   Link #163
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhisu View Post
This is my next target. I've watched the anime many times but I haven't read manga. I have to try on OneManga.
Good idea, m8.

Will do it as well.

Mh well, sometimes, i got bored of some episodes, that i skipped them.
Old 2008-10-26, 09:04   Link #164
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I recently finish watching both seasons. I found it to be a pretty good anime overall but the ending of the 2nd seasons wasn't too pleasant.

Spoiler for both seasons:
Old 2008-10-26, 09:13   Link #165
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
I recently finish watching both seasons. I found it to be a pretty good anime overall but the ending of the 2nd seasons wasn't too pleasant.

Aye. IMHO, the anime is just an introduction to the manga.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 09:52   Link #166
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Aye. IMHO, the anime is just an introduction to the manga.
I haven't even seen the manga, but I would assume that would be the case judging how the entire anime was made...
Old 2008-10-27, 11:50   Link #167
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post

When the anime was made, the manga was still in progress if I remember correctly. Nonetheless... yeah, they seriously dropped the 'big story arc" ball in the second season.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 20:38   Link #168
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Watched it all and did not like it.
Maybe the manga is better....
xxangelchanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 07:32   Link #169
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxangelchanxx View Post
Watched it all and did not like it.
Maybe the manga is better....
Well, it's better in that it carries the story through to a true ending (unlike the second season). The characters and original storyline (from season one) are pretty close though, although things get a bit more dramatic and a bit less comedic in the last few volumes of the manga. So if you didn't like the characters, comedy or storyline in the anime I don't know that you would like them any better in the manga.
Old 2009-03-27, 08:49   Link #170
KimmyChan

This series is so good, I need to watch the anime to it as I've only read the manga so far
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 14:31   Link #171
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmm, the first season anime wasn't a bad rendition of the first few volumes and actually completes a story arc.

The second season was mostly a collection of random "moments" and a small story arc that really didn't do the Tina story very much justice compared to the manga. My takeaway was that the second season wasn't *terrible* ... but very disappointing in terms of carrying the story forward.

So if you go into the two anime seasons with calibrated expectations you'll probably enjoy them (though you won't be ecstatic).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 09:08   Link #172
KimmyChan

I never realised until a few months ago that this had another series to it :P
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:45   Link #173
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REVIEW TIME

NOTICE
This review extends to the sequel for this series, titled Ai Yori Aoshi – Enishi . There are hardly any differences between them and so they can easily be seen as one.

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 5/10 [A less extreme Love Hina.]
Although it begins as another ecchi comedy, Ai Yori Aoshi stands out by being more focused on romance rather than vulgar erotic humor. Yes, we have another dorky male leaving with several ultra sexy women and do nothing else other than making a fool out of himself. I pretty much got tired of this concept after watching Love Hina . But the relationships amongst the characters are a lot more serious and likable than those wacky ones in Hinata Inn.

STORY SECTION: 4/10 [Hentai premise, lukewarm romance.]
- Their families force the main two characters, a young man and a young woman, into an arranged marriage, since they were babies (Japanese people do this crap all the time). The boy has left his home in order to have freedom away from his stuck-up parents. But then the girl comes to look for him, as she really loves him. They quickly get to live together and slowly more female cast adds for support or protection…
- It sounds like a scenario for a hentai with lots of orgies, doesn’t it? Well, being a comedy, there is nothing of the sort, as the leading male is a scaredy-cat, like 99% of others like him in similar series.
- As it usually happens with long and superficial series, there is story development only in the first and the last episodes of both seasons. The rest (about 70% of the total number of episodes) are flavor to get to like the characters and laugh at their awkwardness. There is nothing much to expect in the story, the scenario development is slow and simple (especially in the second season), and the conclusion is left open (the manga that is based upon, goes further, with a better story).

ART & SOUND SECTION: 7/10 [Are you looking at the kimonos or what lies beneath them?]
The artwork is above average. It is detailed, with several attempts to show depth, perspective and warmth in the background or the atmosphere of the moment. Most kimonos are decorated with lovable pictures that make them nice to look at. Music themes are sweet pops and ballads, as long as you are accustomed to Japanese music. Character figures and voice acting were decent but not great.

CHARACTER SECTION: 5/10 [Why is sex such a bad thing?]
- Aoi, the woman, is the ideal Japanese archetype of a perfect housewife: Beautiful, shy, timid, great cook, cheery and still VIRGIN. For that, she is almost too good to be true. But at least she doesn’t behave like most girls in anime, as she is not an obnoxious, violent slut, after the semen of the guy she digs. If you like this kind of women, then she is adorable. If not, HER KINDNESS WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS!
- Kaoru is… typical. Modeled after the usual idiot that gets the chance to score big time but is too shy to take initiative. God, how I hate that! So, ok, he is a good guy with compassion and understanding for all. Why should something like that make him sexually incapable? Geez! He has issues with his family but I can’t say I liked him any more because of it.
- The rest of the cast is quite typical, consisting of mostly females modeled after sexual fetishes (maid, bodyguard, lolita) and stuck-with-tradition old people. I can’t say I liked any of them.
- The only character development there is will be the main characters expressing their true feelings for each other. WAY too little to deserve a good mark.

VALUE SECTION: 2/10
Ecchi series generally are one-timers for me. Without much story or character development, the second time around I just scroll it for the ecchi scenes.

VERDICT: 5/10
The accused is found … GUILTY! … For pretending to be an aristocrat when in reality he is a commoner.

SUGGESTION LIST
Love Hina and Oh! My Goddess. The best harem anime around.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:58   Link #174
poisui

I hope the anime gets better later into the series because I see high ratings on anidb. Regardless, I cannot push myself into finishing the first season. Both the story and the character designs are too flat and uninteresting.

Miraculously, I stomached through the first 14 episodes before coming to my senses and dropping the series for the second time. I dropped the series for the first time at episode 5 over 6 years ago.

For some reason, Kaoru's voice really creeps me out.

I give the series a 5/10 for "unwatchable."
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen