AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-06, 01:16   Link #261
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I admit that 90s look is a look I can get behind but I don't know I guess I feel that most of the other females of the series just had a simialr look be it from before/during or after that time.

I totally forgot about that bit in HUSH with the bike and it's actually her look in HUSH I like quite alot.

Pity we probably won't get to see Harley Quinn make any kinda appearance.
I've always hated Harley Quinn. But I admit I only know her from the cartoons. I'm guessing she may have a more fleshed out character study since she's been introduced in the comics.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 01:58   Link #262
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
The two animated features of 'Batman' that I absolutely love are: 'Mask of the Phantasm' and 'Batman: Gotham Knight.' Truth be told, those are probably my two favorite film/animated takes on 'Batman'-- especially the former, which IMO, really exceeded where TAS failed.
You're right about Mask of Phantasm. I haven't seen Gotham Knight yet though. The general opinion is that some of Gotham Knight's story are not that compelling, though I didn't avoid seeing it for that reason. I just don't have the chance.

Okay, back to topic. I'm okay with how Catwoman looks even though it's just half of what I expect.

And yeah, Harley Quin in the movie will be cool. I heard that if only Ledger still alive, Nolan will continue the 3rd movie with Joker, Two-face and a little bit Harley, but that plan has gone out the window.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 08:19   Link #263
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
I'm not particularly fond of 'Batman: The Animated Series' either (although, I don't hate it, certainly not to the extent of Nolan's films). The two animated features of 'Batman' that I absolutely love are: 'Mask of the Phantasm' and 'Batman: Gotham Knight.' Truth be told, those are probably my two favorite film/animated takes on 'Batman'-- especially the former, which IMO, really exceeded where TAS failed.
That being the case, I suppose you didn't like 'Under the Red Hood' either?

I have to agree on Gotham Knight though, shit blew me away.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 09:48   Link #264
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
The only reasons Gotham Knight wasn't a complete disappointment were because of Kevin Conroy and the "Crossfire" segment imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The general opinion is that some of Gotham Knight's story are not that compelling, though I didn't avoid seeing it for that reason. I just don't have the chance.
Most of them weren't. I also had an issue with some of the animated takes of Batman that didn't really fit, like "Field Test". Bee Train made him into some brown-haired, brown-eyed guy that I wouldn't have identified as Bruce Wayne if I wasn't told he was Bruce Wayne. Of course, I would tell you to just watch it yourself and decide since it's somewhat polarizing in terms of reviews.

But I digress. . .

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-08-06 at 09:58.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 12:27   Link #265
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Gotham Knight was alright. One of the stories I think went against Bruce's character a little bit. The one story with Deadshot.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:37   Link #266
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 25
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/anne-hathaway-in-full-catwoman-costume-frontal.jpeg

Someone please tell me this is a stupid joke and that that is not the actual Catwoman costume. The costume is hella plain, but the fugly goggles take the prize.
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:41   Link #267
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/anne-hathaway-in-full-catwoman-costume-frontal.jpeg

Someone please tell me this is a stupid joke and that that is not the actual Catwoman costume. The costume is hella plain, but the fugly goggles take the prize.
Seriously. Looks just like Black Widow.

Man, that Chris Nolan sure has one hell of an imagination-- aiming for that realism and all.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:44   Link #268
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Seriously. Looks just like Black Widow.

Man, that Chris Nolan sure has one hell of an imagination-- aiming for that realism and all.
Yeah, those "stick your arm in a cow's vagina gloves" are really realistic and practical to put on..And those goggles, fuuuuuuuuuuuu.
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:44   Link #269
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Man, that Chris Nolan sure has one hell of an imagination-- aiming for that realism and all.
Yeah, because other than the long hair and goggles, she's sooooooo different from the comics, right?

GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:47   Link #270
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Yeah, those "stick your arm in a cow's vagina gloves" are really realistic and practical to put on..And those goggles, fuuuuuuuuuuuu.
It could be photoshopped, though. Something about the photo feels "off." However, the three photos that were posted yesterday was enough for me to tell that the outfit is hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, because other than the long hair and goggles, she's sooooooo different from the comics, right?
Whoever said she looked good in the comics? Still, the outfit Nolan's visionless ass cooked up is terrible. It's almost as bad as the outfit in the Halle Berry flick.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:58   Link #271
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, because other than the long hair and goggles, she's sooooooo different from the comics, right?

For once she doesn't have over the knee boots + long gloves, that combo btw looks hideous in itself. It's like she is double wrapped up, and it certainly serves for no practical reason. She also doesn't have the mask..and she has long hair. I can just pull her hair and she is my bitch. The only thing I really like from the outfit is the backpack
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:00   Link #272
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
I can just pull her hair and she is my bitch.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:01   Link #273
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Whoever said she looked good in the comics? Still, the outfit Nolan's visionless ass cooked up is terrible. It's almost as bad as the outfit in the Halle Berry flick.
Well, first you complain that the outfits aren't the same as the comics. Now that we have an outfit that is the same, you complain that it's not different because you don't like the one in the comics.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:12   Link #274
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, first you complain that the outfits aren't the same as the comics. Now that we have an outfit that is the same, you complain that it's not different because you don't like the one in the comics.
God, I love how this board has so many users that make erroneous claims. Show me where I've complained about the outfits not looking like their comic book counterparts. Looks like you have some re-reading to do, kid. I've complained about the terrible designs for looking terrible, not because they don't resemble what I've seen in comics. In fact, the ideal outfit I provided for Batman isn't directly lifted from the comic book source material. If I recall correctly, the only thing I've wanted from the comic books was Frank Miller's batmobile. Also, Catwoman has several different get-ups in the comic books, so why would you pick the worst looking one?
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:24   Link #275
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
God, I love how this board has so many users that make erroneous claims. Show me where I've complained about the outfits not looking like their comic book counterparts. Looks like you have some re-reading to do, kid. I've complained about the terrible designs for looking terrible, not because they don't resemble what I've seen in comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Bane looks a lot worse than expected. I can't say I'm surprised, though... Nolan's 'Batman' films generally feature some horrible costume designs-- as exemplified by the robo-Bat suit in 'The Dark Knight.' I was having a discussion with another user from /Film, taking jabs at Bane needing to wear some heavy coat in the middle of summer. Oh, and the tumbler is without a doubt one of the ugliest batmobiles ever conceived. That thing is HIDEOUS! Blegh.

Anyway, if I were going to include Bane in a Batman film, I'd prefer him to look something like this:
Spoiler:


I would challenge Nolan to do something like that, but I forgot he was a PG director so asking him to do anything bold or out of the ordinary would be too much.

Even if I were a Nolan fan, I'd be worried about him mailing this film in. Even his own fans are raging on all those Superhero/Comic book websites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Yeah, instead they spat on the material and went with something more childish and less menacing.
You want it to look like the image you posted, which is from the comics. The file name even says it's the cover of Secret Six #14. You then say he's not bold enough for that, and that he spits on the material. Yeah, such an erroneous claim! To think I mistook you saying you wanted a character to look like they did on a comic cover to be the same as saying you wanted them to look like they do in the comics!

Quote:
In fact, the ideal outfit I provided for Batman isn't directly lifted from the comic book source material. If I recall correctly, the only thing I've wanted from the comic books was Frank Miller's batmobile. Also, Catwoman has several different get-ups in the comic books, so why would you pick the worst looking one?
I guess you could trade the black latex with no mask in for the current blackish purple latex with a horrendous cat mask and goggles, but I hardly see how that's better.

GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:37   Link #276
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You want it to look like the image you posted, which is from the comics. The file name even says it's the cover of Secret Six #14. You then say he's not bold enough for that, and that he spits on the material. Yeah, such an erroneous claim! To think I mistook you saying you wanted a character to look like they did on a comic cover to be the same as saying you wanted them to look like they do in the comics!

I guess you could trade the black latex with no mask in for the current blackish purple latex with a horrendous cat mask and goggles, but I hardly see how that's better.

1.) So out of all the complaints I've had you managed to find one instance where I was unhappy where he didn't use a design from the comics. Funny thing is, I didn't even know that photo was from a comic, that's the honest truth. And if you don't believe me, you can always go to "Gods of Art" and look for the artist by the name of Dan LuVisi. So in essence, I'm not complaining about Bane's outfit not looking like a comic book adaption. That photo I provided was nothing more than a frame of reference.

2.) I'll take that look over the one in 'The Dark Knight Rises.' Keep grasping at straws, fanboy.

Something like this would be suffice:
Spoiler:
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:43   Link #277
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
How is it grasping at straws, exactly? You said the previous posted one was the worst. I said this current one is worse. You don't agree, and that makes me a fanboy? Sure, whatever you say.

At least the other one looks like something a cat burglar might wear.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 15:01   Link #278
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
I must reiterate my earlier point that Anne Hathaway was chosen to play Selena Kyle, but no real mention (from Nolan) has been made about Catwoman. Take that to mean what you will, but it could be important that Hathaway is only listen as Kyle whereas Bale is listed as Bruce Wayne and Batman.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 02:15   Link #279
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
You saying she might not be "Catwoman" at all (or yet) in the film.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 06:08   Link #280
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 19
Some small details about Catwoman's backstory... apparently from a reliable source. It's also being said that Catwoman's probably going to wear a cowl at some point in the movie.

Spoiler for minor TDKR spoilers:
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.