AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-05, 01:11   Link #12381
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabman View Post
The comparison to Oda is highly appropriate in this case.

Both Kamachi and Oda, greatly successful authors over the years, have recently hit huge yet sudden strides in popularity for both their works (it's curious how synonymous it actually is).
At this point, the difference of sales from the competition is simply disjarring.

They're like Accelerator: even for the ones close up the rank, there's a shocking difference in power.

One Piece has all but solidify it's position as King of Shounen. Though I haven't follow any of the big three in years, word on the street is how the other two have been slowly degrading while One Piece has been on the rise ever since a certain someone bites the dust.


But this isn't so clear cut for the Light Novel world. There are some serious contenders that are pretty even in this fight and it's only getting tougher now that Haruhi is back from the grave, and Boku wa Tomodachi is getting an Anime... In terms of sales- with the exception of Haruhi- everybody else is neck-to-neck, the one advantage that Index has is numbers- but this ranking limits that overwhelming advantage by counting only from a year and a half ago.


Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Index has gotten it's success and recognition, but I want to get all the facts straight before I run down the street naked and covered in goat's blood screaming "Hail to the King baby!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 15:29   Link #12382
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
R-SS2 Chapter 4 complete

R-SS2 Chapter 5, parts 1 and 2.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 15:53   Link #12383
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Conversation between Narita and Kamachi

js06 translation
Quote:
>...may be, but Accelerator really is disinterested in that kind of thing. Speaking of which, Kamijou has almost never said anything about what kind of girl he likes.
>Kamachi: He said he liked the dorm manager onee-san type, but that was just while he was joking around.
>Narita: That's why it's so hard for even the readers to guess who Kamijou's true love will be. I'm actually pretty bad at giving a good idea of who would work good with who romantically. I deal with it by just doing it in reverse and having all the couples made from the very beginning. In Baccano...
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 16:04   Link #12384
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
However, even if Accelerator is disinterested by women in general, he will not let LO or WORST get an irresponsible boyfriend -- if at all.

Tou-san Tsundere Power.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 17:28   Link #12385
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Conversation between Narita and Kamachi
Are those two such good buddies now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
js06 translation

>...may be, but Accelerator really is disinterested in that kind of thing. Speaking of which, Kamijou has almost never said anything about what kind of girl he likes.
GAH! Relationship conversations between the Authors?! Must have full details !

Accelerator... I'm waiting for his hormones to kick in...



Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
>Kamachi: He said he liked the dorm manager onee-san type, but that was just while he was joking around.
YES! THANK YOU! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR THE PAST YEAR AND THEN SOME !


Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
>Narita: That's why it's so hard for even the readers to guess who Kamijou's true love will be. I'm actually pretty bad at giving a good idea of who would work good with who romantically. I deal with it by just doing it in reverse and having all the couples made from the very beginning. In Baccano...
Narita's not a fan of the dating sim direction eh...

And I don't think fans have a hard time guessing, because we all know what the majority opinion is. In fact, I don't thing Kamachi has made it really hard for us at all.

But this kind of talk before the new volume comes out... That would mean the situation for both Touma and Accelerator on the relationship front won't change at all...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 18:05   Link #12386
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Accelerator... I'm waiting for his hormones to kick in...
Non-hormonal Accel: Bitches and moans when annoying girls are around.

Hormonal Accel: Sits quietly, frowning, and doesn't say anything as he takes mental snapshots for when a quiet afternoon comes.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 20:53   Link #12387
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Non-hormonal Accel: Bitches and moans when annoying girls are around.

Hormonal Accel: Sits quietly, frowning, and doesn't say anything as he takes mental snapshots for when a quiet afternoon comes.
Generally speaking, he stopped being an angry man after getting punched out by Touma in the freezing Russian landscape.

That's another way to 'cool your head'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 22:00   Link #12388
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Given that Touma's nickname among (at least Korean) fans is "eunuch," I think it'll be a while before we get to know who he's interested in.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 23:47   Link #12389
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
That's... harsh lol. I don't think Touma is that bad, at least he still shows some kind of perverted thought here and there in the novel, though he never act on it(like on vol 5 toward the loli index). He's just not interested in pursuing romantic relation right now. That's just my opinion though lol.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2011-08-05, 23:49   Link #12390
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
If at all. Maybe it's going to end up as ToumaxIB or ToumaxDragonKing.

Dragon King gave Touma some serious head...!

[Puts on cool shades]
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 00:28   Link #12391
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That's... harsh lol. I don't think Touma is that bad, at least he still shows some kind of perverted thought here and there in the novel, though he never act on it(like on vol 5 toward the loli index). He's just not interested in pursuing romantic relation right now. That's just my opinion though lol.

It's not so bad with Touma because it's not so obvious with Touma The world of Index is serious business! There's no time to be enjoying romantic-comedy when all hell is going down every other week


Enjoy a beach episode? No can do, the whole world is in chaos.
Enjoy a fake date episode? No can do, crazy stalker trying to kill him.
Enjoy a shopping trip? No can do, angry gothic woman on a warpath.
Enjoy a sport festival? No can do, people trying to take over the city.
Enjoy a vacation trip? No can do, fanatic Italians on the high seas.
Enjoy a real date episode? Maybe, but back to work at night.
Enjoy a public bath episode? No can do, violent Englishman beating him within an inch of his life.
Enjoy a plane trip to England? No can do, french terrorists just happen to be onboard.


Enjoy a good night's sleep? No can do, Index getting kidnapped (thrice), Mikoto's in trouble, Mikoto's Imouto's in trouble, Mikoto's Kouhai in trouble, Mikoto's Mother in trouble...

Every possible romcom event is punctuated with violence and intrigue; if there's a swimming pool arc, or an amusement park, or a movie marathon, or even a sleep over party, he'll be juggling that and stopping the ten plagues or something.

...So yeah, maybe I can understand if relationship isn't a top priority at the moment for Kamijou Touma.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-06 at 00:42.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 00:36   Link #12392
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
If at all. Maybe it's going to end up as ToumaxIB or ToumaxDragonKing.

Dragon King gave Touma some serious head...!

[Puts on cool shades]
plot twist in Touma's case

Actually the dragon is a girl ....
Spoiler for ...NSFW..:


ROFL

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2011-08-06 at 00:51.
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 01:13   Link #12393
arson88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
a reference to Midori No Hibi if the Dragon in Touma's hand is a girl. His romantic interest will be his right hand..
arson88 is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 01:18   Link #12394
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
a reference to Midori No Hibi if the Dragon in Touma's hand is a girl. His romantic interest will be his right hand..
Oh you. Nice one.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 01:30   Link #12395
chrono9472
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not so bad with Touma because it's not so obvious with Touma The world of Index is serious business! There's no time to be enjoying romantic-comedy when all hell is going down every other week


Enjoy a beach episode? No can do, the whole world is in chaos.
Enjoy a fake date episode? No can do, crazy stalker trying to kill him.
Enjoy a shopping trip? No can do, angry gothic woman on a warpath.
Enjoy a sport festival? No can do, people trying to take over the city.
Enjoy a vacation trip? No can do, fanatic Italians on the high seas.
Enjoy a real date episode? Maybe, but back to work at night.
Enjoy a public bath episode? No can do, violent Englishman beating him within an inch of his life.
Enjoy a plane trip to England? No can do, french terrorists just happen to be onboard.


Enjoy a good night's sleep? No can do, Index getting kidnapped (thrice), Mikoto's in trouble, Mikoto's Imouto's in trouble, Mikoto's Kouhai in trouble, Mikoto's Mother in trouble...

Every possible romcom event is punctuated with violence and intrigue; if there's a swimming pool arc, or an amusement park, or a movie marathon, or even a sleep over party, he'll be juggling that and stopping the ten plagues or something.

...So yeah, maybe I can understand if relationship isn't a top priority at the moment for Kamijou Touma.
its like these two are in a competition with each other.

And i wouldn't mind a swimming pool arc if it involves kanzaki,laura,stiyl,accel family and touma
chrono9472 is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 02:07   Link #12396
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler:
That explains a lot, like how he feels like running whenever Mikoto is near him, or whenever something good seems to be happening.

He's been conditioned like Pavlov's dogs... When there's good fortune for him, there a whole lot more misfortune right around the corner. He doesn't even dare to think about romance, as an axe might fall down on him from the sky the moment he does.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-08-06 at 12:11. Reason: Too many errors, I think my brain was malfuntioning.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 11:24   Link #12397
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Enjoy a beach episode? No can do, the whole world is in chaos.
Enjoy a fake date episode? No can do, crazy stalker trying to kill him.
Enjoy a shopping trip? No can do, angry gothic woman on a warpath.
Enjoy a sport festival? No can do, people trying to take over the city.
Enjoy a vacation trip? No can do, fanatic Italians on the high seas.
Enjoy a real date episode? Maybe, but back to work at night.
Enjoy a public bath episode? No can do, violent Englishman beating him within an inch of his life.
Enjoy a plane trip to England? No can do, french terrorists just happen to be onboard.


Enjoy a good night's sleep? No can do, Index getting kidnapped (thrice), Mikoto's in trouble, Mikoto's Imouto's in trouble, Mikoto's Kouhai in trouble, Mikoto's Mother in trouble...
Enjoy returning to Academy City after England? No can do, Fiamma shows up at the last minutes, screws things up and takes over Index. "Derp... let's go to Russia then."
Enjoy going to Russia? No can do, he's not there for leisure, he's there to stop that bastard and save Index.
Enjoy being in Russia? No can do, it's now a war zone, Fiamma screws more things up, and has more up his sleeve.
Enjoy a break after getting saved by Bardway and company? No can do, he goes back to Academy City and saves Fremea and Shiage from a last-ditch desperation move from Kuroyoru.
Enjoy meeting up with Accelerator and Shiage? No can do, that's when they're gonna get BUSY!
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 22:18   Link #12398
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Damnit, shouldn't there be leaks soon? We're 3 days away.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 22:40   Link #12399
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Damnit, shouldn't there be leaks soon? We're 3 days away.
Even if there is, it's Sunday- everybody's out absorbing sunshine to recharge for the new week... Nobody's going to be cave diving into the darkest depths of the internet for us...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 22:48   Link #12400
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Supposedly on 2ch there is talk of a Mikoto and index confrontation.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.