AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-06, 22:58   Link #12401
Mr.Kyon
much crack, much doge
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Accel will have to absorb the Tsundere, else the world is fucked. IB doesn't dispel Tsunderes.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuff God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 23:01   Link #12402
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Accel will have to absorb the Tsundere, else the world is fucked. IB doesn't dispel Tsunderes.
You're kidding? Everything about being Tsundere is to put up an illusion
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-07, 01:39   Link #12403
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Supposedly on 2ch there is talk of a Mikoto and index confrontation.
Hmm, I don't know what to think of this. I've always thought these two should be friends, not only because they're similar, but the amusement value when it comes to Touma. However, that's wishful thinking, and the reality may be less...nice, which could be problematic.

Ah well, probably fake anyway.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 03:48   Link #12404
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Hmm, I don't know what to think of this. I've always thought these two should be friends, not only because they're similar, but the amusement value when it comes to Touma. However, that's wishful thinking, and the reality may be less...nice, which could be problematic.

Ah well, probably fake anyway.
Not so much of 'friends', but I think they're reach some form of understanding with each other- at the very least they don't immediately jump at each other's throat like say Kirino and Kuroneko or Yozora and Sena or Honami and Adelicia, and the two things they've argued with each other was when questioning the other of the nature of their relationship with Touma.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-07, 06:28   Link #12405
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Since the source is from 2ch, I have lots of doubts.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 06:32   Link #12406
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Remember the rule- Everything you hear on the first week is a lie
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-07, 09:59   Link #12407
Stro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 25
Toaru Majutsu no Index: RailgunSS2 chapter 5 completed
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...unSS2_Chapter5
Stro is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 12:09   Link #12408
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not so much of 'friends', but I think they're reach some form of understanding with each other- at the very least they don't immediately jump at each other's throat like say Kirino and Kuroneko or Yozora and Sena or Honami and Adelicia, and the two things they've argued with each other was when questioning the other of the nature of their relationship with Touma.
Yeah, but imagine if they were friends, can you imagine the misfortune that Touma would endure

Seriously, though, Mikoto and Index aren't as bad as those examples you brought up, even Honami and Adelicia could get along well enough... and I need to watch OreImo some time. They aren't friends, but they can be in the same room together peacefully. I really do hope they will become friends.

I know the spoilers are probably fake, but it seems likely enough, really. What I really want to see out of this volume is info on the current state of the magic side, and Mikoto learning about magic, since Accel and Shaige know now. Come to think of it, an Accel/Mikoto confrontation should be really interesting...
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 12:28   Link #12409
Mr.Kyon
much crack, much doge
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Come to think of it, an Accel/Mikoto confrontation should be really interesting...
Doubt it will happen in this volume. Best we can hope is Misaka Worst vs. Mikoto.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuff God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 12:45   Link #12410
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Doubt it will happen in this volume. Best we can hope is Misaka Worst vs. Mikoto.
I can just imagine Mikoto looking at Worst, then down at herself, and finally panicking/relieving.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 12:58   Link #12411
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I can just imagine Mikoto looking at Worst, then down at herself, and finally panicking/relieving.

Exactly.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 13:00   Link #12412
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

I know the spoilers are probably fake, but it seems likely enough, really. What I really want to see out of this volume is info on the current state of the magic side, and Mikoto learning about magic, since Accel and Shaige know now. Come to think of it, an Accel/Mikoto confrontation should be really interesting...
EVen if you tell her, she won't understand, magicians love to talk about them but even Lessar gave up on explaining that to Mikoto.
__________________
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 13:04   Link #12413
reaper with no name
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
No, no. What we need is Mikoto meeting Accelerator, Misaka Worst, AND Last Order all at the same time, and then be immediately told who they are.

Then again, she might die of an aneurysm trying to wrap her head around the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not so bad with Touma because it's not so obvious with Touma The world of Index is serious business! There's no time to be enjoying romantic-comedy when all hell is going down every other week


Enjoy a beach episode? No can do, the whole world is in chaos.
Enjoy a fake date episode? No can do, crazy stalker trying to kill him.
Enjoy a shopping trip? No can do, angry gothic woman on a warpath.
Enjoy a sport festival? No can do, people trying to take over the city.
Enjoy a vacation trip? No can do, fanatic Italians on the high seas.
Enjoy a real date episode? Maybe, but back to work at night.
Enjoy a public bath episode? No can do, violent Englishman beating him within an inch of his life.
Enjoy a plane trip to England? No can do, french terrorists just happen to be onboard.


Enjoy a good night's sleep? No can do, Index getting kidnapped (thrice), Mikoto's in trouble, Mikoto's Imouto's in trouble, Mikoto's Kouhai in trouble, Mikoto's Mother in trouble...

Every possible romcom event is punctuated with violence and intrigue; if there's a swimming pool arc, or an amusement park, or a movie marathon, or even a sleep over party, he'll be juggling that and stopping the ten plagues or something.

...So yeah, maybe I can understand if relationship isn't a top priority at the moment for Kamijou Touma.
So true. So true.
reaper with no name is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 13:08   Link #12414
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
No, no. What we need is Mikoto meeting Accelerator, Misaka Worst, AND Last Order all at the same time, and then be immediately told who they are.

Then again, she might die of an aneurysm trying to wrap her head around the situation.
Lol, first come a deep, deep negation.
__________________
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 13:29   Link #12415
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
EVen if you tell her, she won't understand, magicians love to talk about them but even Lessar gave up on explaining that to Mikoto.

I know, but seriously, she must learn about it at some point, really.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 18:37   Link #12416
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I know, but seriously, she must learn about it at some point, really.
Ever heard 'You can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink'? Trust me, Mikoto has heard about magicians so many times- Touma has stated it; she's been caught up in magician battles so many times it's absolutely amazing she hasn't just recognized it yet.

But she doesn't wish to recognize it, so she wont. It doesn't matter what sort of proof you give her, she'll rationalize it away.
outerelf is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 19:17   Link #12417
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
^ Yeah, pretty much like how the Brits never realized either despite being all involved in a large scale magical phenomenon. Most people are like that, even Accelerator had a hard time accepting magic despite his encounter with Aiwass (he eventually did accept it, nonetheless.)

Mikoto should get it too eventually if she's ever to play an important role in the plot, but otherwise it doesn't matter.

BTW... I know this has been discussed before, but isn't it ironic that her clones play a more important part than she does?
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 20:06   Link #12418
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
BTW... I know this has been discussed before, but isn't it ironic that her clones play a more important part than she does?

Their so-called important role equals just existing, they haven't done anything important besides getting beaten up and victimized.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-07, 21:30   Link #12419
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Their so-called important role equals just existing, they haven't done anything important besides getting beaten up and victimized.
Correction then... they live a more important role than Mikoto.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mikoto as a character, and she's too epic not to use. Yet, she hasn't got (and might not get) the chance to make a relevant contribution that influences the course of the story (besides providing her genes.)
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 21:34   Link #12420
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Correction then... they live a more important role than Mikoto.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mikoto as a character, and she's too epic not to use. Yet, she hasn't got (and might not get) the chance to make a relevant contribution that influences the course of the story (besides providing her genes.)
How about taking out nuclear weapons, or how she provided the motive for Touma to get involved in the Level 5 project, ultimately contributing to Accelerator's disability?
Sumeragi is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.