AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-03, 23:02   Link #21
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Did you watch: UNLIMITED BLADE WORKSS!

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
Old 2011-08-03, 23:42   Link #22
MidoriHiME

Have you seen Mai-HiME? Our taste in action/fantasy/romance anime seems pretty similar and I loved this series to bits and pieces. You might also enjoy Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (Legend of the Legendary Heroes). Don't let the stupid title fool you, it's a pretty sweet anime except for the non-conclusive ending. You might also want to try Scrapped Princess.
Old 2011-08-04, 03:41   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Have you tried Cross Game?
Yes. You must have more Cross Game.
Old 2011-08-04, 05:42   Link #24
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Thanks for the recomendations

Freezing seems interesting I'll give it a shot, to bad that author was obsessed with huge boobs it seems from the cover picture, points of for that big boobs are a hindrance to combat. Can I have more info as to what made you like it?

Kamisama Kazoku concept alone will make me give it a shot seems pretty interesting. Thanks

True Tears already seen it, it was good thanks for making me remember I'll add it to my liked list.

Cross Game Not sure about this one. What made you personally like it?

@Konakaga Yes I saw the 3 web episodes, have not seen the movie will have to find it. Their is not more?! shame would really have wanted to know if he stays with Hitagi or switches to Tsubasa, the end made it seem like he sticked with Hitagi but I fell more can be done there.

Katanagatari Seems like it could be fun. I would never had picked it up just bi reading info about it seems bleh. I'll go and check it out.

UBW Was awesome wish they would have inserted that into the original Fate/Stay Night series would have made the story better I think.

My-HiME How many times have you cross my path and I failed to pick you up!?!?! No more, thanks for the info.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu None Conclusive ending for sure!!! Were is season 2!!!!! Already seen it. Was a nice anime.

Scrapped Princess Never heard of it. Plot looks interesting going on the list to watch.
Old 2011-08-04, 06:36   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

House of Five Leaves
Dennou Coil
Mouryou no Hako

Did you watch Nodame Cantabile when it was recommended to you first time around? If not, then I'll suggest that again.
Old 2011-08-04, 08:43   Link #26
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Thanks for the recomendations

Cross Game Not sure about this one. What made you personally like it?
It was the first episode that hooked me. I just really enjoyed the characters and the addressing of some pretty important issues for anyone growing up. I think of it as a Slice of Life that deals with the weightier aspects of everyday life.

How do you deal with grief? The grief felt by the different characters all struck me as very real and moving.

Additionally I'm a baseball fan, so I enjoy these types of baseball shows that are about more than just baseball. (Such as "For the Love of the Game" or "The Natural")

Plus it was a great introduction to the mangaka Adachi, who is one of the biggest manga authors in Japan.

My signature links to a summary if you need more info.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-08-04, 12:30   Link #27
Elegance

Agreed With Cross Game. Well it seems like you liked HOTD and action/romance sort of stuff. Hotd has alot of fan service as everyone says. Well Freezing has good action, some fan service, and romance.
Old 2011-08-04, 15:14   Link #28
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
@Konakaga Yes I saw the 3 web episodes, have not seen the movie will have to find it. Their is not more?! shame would really have wanted to know if he stays with Hitagi or switches to Tsubasa, the end made it seem like he sticked with Hitagi but I fell more can be done there.
There are more Light Novels to the series, but they haven't gotten approved for an anime yet, so there is hope in the future .
Old 2011-08-04, 16:17   Link #29
Niji

Since you like Nurarihyon no Mago, you might like Shounen Onmiyouji, and also Kekkaishi. The later was recommended before, dunno if you ruled it out. SO is certainly the deeper show, and with very nice production values. Kekkaishi is very enjoyable too though, there is more humor. It is more "lightfooted" than SO.
Other than that, Utawarerumono was suggested, so I call the somewhat similar in topic Guin Saga. I usually forget the ends of movies, anime, whatnot. GS did not strike me as a very powerful end, as opposed to SO, which is so powerful I will never forget it ever again
Seeing your watched and loved list I will also suggest Black Lagoon. It is pretty violent, but really good story and char development. When being in the violent department, maybe Basilisk? Ninja for grownups, some call it.
Samurai Champloo might be worth a try, and Michiko to Hatchin. Both are just cool, IMO, SC more on the samurai action line, with tons humor, MtH a funny tragic roadmovie of modern times.

I am hopping through times, locations and topics here. You seem to have a very broad taste, so maybe you dont mind...
Old 2011-08-04, 16:40   Link #30
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

@Niji I don't mind at all my taste are broad because I am pretty open minded and I judge everything individually. So yes suggestions across the board is what I am looking for.

@Everyone else who I have not yet written a reply too I am currently in the process of watching the first episodes of the series I have replied about to get a better fell. I will get to checking out your suggestions shortly and will let you know my initial findings. Until then keep em coming. And yes some suggestions that I had received in the pass have not been watched or forgotten due to various reasons. I'm trying to sort out what I have seen and have not. But keep the recommendations coming they are very welcomed.
Old 2011-08-04, 19:28   Link #31
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Some additional ones you might like:

Crest of the Stars

A wonderful sci-fi show that develops the leads very well.

Maison Ikkoku

Many an anime romance has received the sorbet: "better when it was called Maison Ikkoku"

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-08-07, 16:29   Link #32
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Watched so far:

Kamisama Kazoku Was fun and enjoyable, but from the plot I was expecting maybe a bit more then your dating anime. My expectations were to high. But still fun none the lest.

House of 5 Leaves Now that was a nicely hidden little treasure. From the first episode I was expecting more action but was surprised that their wasn't. But the way the story and the characters evolve was wonderfully played and done. As for the art work first impressions were hideous, but it grows on you and it fits the story very well. It would be hard to imagine a more fitting art style.

Nodame Cantabile ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!!!!!!! This is the kind of forgotten hidden treasure I seek!!! I totally dismissed it the first time base on plot alone, how unsightly on me. Thank you very much to recommending it again, I just spent he whole night watching it and just finished!!!! Truly marvelous, I normally ignored musicals because all those that I had seen had bored me but this is beyond anything I could have ever expected. Does this have a season 2 it has toooooo!!!!! It would be a SIN tot he god of anime for it not to have a second season.

Their IS MORE NODAME!!!!!!!!!!! OVA, PARIS, FINALE!!!!!!!! Which should I watch FIRST!!!!!!!! OVA OR PARIS??????
Old 2011-08-07, 23:18   Link #33
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The OVA is, I recall, a single beach episode that fits around episode six or so of the original series. The next installment is Paris-Hen, followed by Finale.

Glad to see you liked both Nodame and House of Five Leaves. I'll just mention Dennou Coil once more. I wouldn't rely on descriptions for this show because you might be led to think it's for children. While the characters are in late elementary school, there's a lot in Coil to appeal to older viewers.

I have one other under-appreciated show for you: Oh! Edo Rocket.