AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-05, 19:18   Link #61
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
which charater books are avaible in english? i just got a low paying summer job and i wanna see what im saving up for.
The first databook: Bleach book of SOULs was released in English through Viz. I don't think the other two have been officially released in English yet. There are fan-made scanslations though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't think I'll ever understand the fascination so many Bleach fans have regarding holes in hollows. Something about that just seems kinda screwy. lol
People love guessing games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And Szayel's hole is... on his glans (no, I'm not joking)
That's not so surprising somehow.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 23:30   Link #62
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And Szayel's hole is... on his glans (no, I'm not joking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

- Halibel's hollow hole is apparently in her uterus 0_o
All righty then

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 05:11   Link #63
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
- The top Espada from Ulq on were VL

- Halibel and her fraccion survived the FKT battle (I guess Yama held back and Aizen's aim wasn't good enough). They went back to HM
you'd think MAYBE that sort of thing warrants a mention IN THE MANGA ???????


ffs, now we need a status update on Grimm



Quote:
- Halibel's hollow hole is apparently in her uterus 0_o

- The hollow pup is Yammi's fraccion. His # is 35
wtf ...


O_o
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 16:58   Link #64
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Here's some slightly interesting things I stumbled across:

Full translation of Harribel & Kukkapuro novel (credit to Estella May):
Spoiler:
^^Maybe that could get a filler episode or two

Aizens motivation (translated by slmcknett)
Spoiler:

^^Honestly, I'm disappointed in Kubo for taking the entire "loneliness" aspect seriously for so many reasons.

Gins motivation (translated by slmcknett)
Spoiler:

I like this for confirming for me that Gin was really only interested in revenge.
Finally, (at the risk of sparking another debate) I believe someone also confirmed that the scream WW did to free Halibel was a technique). In other words, this all but confirms that Hitsugaya would've beaten Halibel had WW not interfered.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 17:44   Link #65
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
hold on. wasent there a very ichixruki part in the new data book? i remember as there was some1 im subscribed to kept spamming in a bullitain about it.
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 20:48   Link #66
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Oh god Kukkapuuro reminds me of that Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark."
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 02:26   Link #67
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
- Halibel and her fraccion survived the FKT battle (I guess Yama held back and Aizen's aim wasn't good enough).
Yama pretty much said he held back and gave them a "light scorching" and Aizen was pretty much holding back the entire time.

Thinking about the placement of Halibel's hollow hole, as silly as it sounds upon first hearing it, gives a interesting theory about her human life and that maybe she had lost her baby or that she was unable to conceive a child.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 02:32   Link #68
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Does anyone know if the 3rd databook flat out states any of the top 4 espada to be Vasto Lorde's? Because I'm about to get into it with someone who adamantly believes that despite the info we just got, there's absolutely nothing anywhere to prove ANY of the top 4 Esapda were VL's. So I basically need nothing less than a statement that spells it out completely and leaves literally no room for doubt. Does Ulquiorra's side story state anything about Vasto Lorde's? Or was it just assumed that the hollow's seen surrounding him were also VL's?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 03:54   Link #69
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
well he was human looking (and human-sized) as a hollow, pre-arrancar .. isn't that a confirmation that he is a VL ? now that you mention it, so were Starrk & Barragan (well Barry was skeletor, but a human skeleton) .. and Grimm was a panther (last we saw him as a hollow), non-human = adjuhas .. seems about right .. and Starrk - most human-looking, = also strongest (well, the Yammy thing non-withstanding .. he can't just release into #0 whenever he wants as I understand, has to pig out first)


dunno if it flat out says so .. but tbh #1-4 being VL makes the most sense





about anime's confirmation that Halibel was a VL - well Kubo's responsible for manga, not anime, but I think he has a hand there too somewhat, and since Halibel didn't have a backstory in the manga they gave her one in the anime and Kubo confirmed her as a VL for them

I guess we'll never have a solid confirmation written in ink, so that's about it
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2011-06-10 at 04:08.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 07:00   Link #70
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Does anyone know if the 3rd databook flat out states any of the top 4 espada to be Vasto Lorde's? Because I'm about to get into it with someone who adamantly believes that despite the info we just got, there's absolutely nothing anywhere to prove ANY of the top 4 Esapda were VL's. So I basically need nothing less than a statement that spells it out completely and leaves literally no room for doubt. Does Ulquiorra's side story state anything about Vasto Lorde's? Or was it just assumed that the hollow's seen surrounding him were also VL's?
It's not fully translated, but I believe it's confirmed Ulq's mini-story states that he's from a nest of VL. He's also a natural arrancar since his mask is seen breaking in the story. So it's assumed that all the arrancar with higher rank than Ulq are also VL, though it's not outright stated like Kallen mentioned.

Except for Yammi. Most are inclined to believe Yammi was a freak of nature adjuchas since his physique doesn't match that of a VL.

Quote:
In other words, this all but confirms that Hitsugaya would've beaten Halibel had WW not interfered.
It proves that WW broke Hitsu's prison but not that Halibel would'nt have eventually escaped. That's like saying Yamamoto all but defeated Aizen, Gin and Tousen because Superchunky arrived and released them from the fire prison.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Thinking about the placement of Halibel's hollow hole, as silly as it sounds upon first hearing it, gives a interesting theory about her human life and that maybe she had lost her baby or that she was unable to conceive a child.
Actually, that does make a lot sense. It would also explain her theme of sacrifice and her strong maternal instinct towards her fraccion. Too bad we never get any insight into the arrancar's lives as humans.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 10:41   Link #71
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's not fully translated, but I believe it's confirmed Ulq's mini-story states that he's from a nest of VL. He's also a natural arrancar since his mask is seen breaking in the story. So it's assumed that all the arrancar with higher rank than Ulq are also VL, though it's not outright stated like Kallen mentioned.

Except for Yammi. Most are inclined to believe Yammi was a freak of nature adjuchas since his physique doesn't match that of a VL.
Well, if we remove Yammi and Aaroniero as candidates (one is a freak the other a Gillian) that leaves 8 Espada ... and since the last databook had said that the majority of the Espada are Vasto Lordo, that means that their can be at least another VL among them (Nnoitra?) and at most the other 4 (unlikely IMO) anyway at this point it's kind of hard arguing that there wasn't any VL in Aizen's Espada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It proves that WW broke Hitsu's prison but not that Halibel would'nt have eventually escaped. That's like saying Yamamoto all but defeated Aizen, Gin and Tousen because Superchunky arrived and released them from the fire prison.
Well, the difference was that wasn't a fight. Yamamoto would've been able to defeat Aizen in a one to one fight. He had an obstacle named WW however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Actually, that does make a lot sense. It would also explain her theme of sacrifice and her strong maternal instinct towards her fraccion. Too bad we never get any insight into the arrancar's lives as humans.
Eh, I don't know. Wouldn't the whole being merged with a multitude of Hollows and then becoming a Guillen and whatnot alter and change the Hollows?

Still, interesting theory. But what does that mean for Szayel's hole?
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 10:48   Link #72
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanks for the answers to my question Kallen4life & Sabaku Kyu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's not fully translated, but I believe it's confirmed Ulq's mini-story states that he's from a nest of VL.
Like I said though, was that part (about being from a nest of VL's) confirmed based on something stated in the story, or was it assumed based on Ulq's appearance on top of the appearance of the hollows around him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It proves that WW broke Hitsu's prison but not that Halibel would'nt have eventually escaped. That's like saying Yamamoto all but defeated Aizen, Gin and Tousen because Superchunky arrived and released them from the fire prison.
Yamamoto's fire cage wasn't made to be harmful or fatal towards those inside it. Hitsu's attack on the other hand, was designed to make escape less and less likely by the second as it came closer to killing off it's victim for good. So I wouldn't say those situations are very similar.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 11:09   Link #73
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Like I said though, was that part (about being from a nest of VL's) confirmed based on something stated in the story, or was it assumed based on Ulq's appearance on top of the appearance of the hollows around him?
As far as I'm aware, it was assumed from the images themselves.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 12:31   Link #74
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
But what does that mean for Szayel's hole?
... STD ? =/ ^^




P.S. I really hated Hitsu vs Hali fight and Hitsu's snowflakes of DOOM even more .. stupid Hitsu-shota, stupid snow
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 13:38   Link #75
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Eh, I don't know. Wouldn't the whole being merged with a multitude of Hollows and then becoming a Guillen and whatnot alter and change the Hollows?

Still, interesting theory. But what does that mean for Szayel's hole?
Menos are made up of several hollows, but it might be that one of the hollows becomes the dominant basis for its personality. Not that I think we'll ever get an in-depth explanation of that.

As for the reason of Syzael's hole is where it is, I think Kallen's idea works

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Like I said though, was that part (about being from a nest of VL's) confirmed based on something stated in the story, or was it assumed based on Ulq's appearance on top of the appearance of the hollows around him?
What Arabesque said. I haven't seen a full translation of all the text. It's Ulq's memory and POV though, so I guess it's a real possibility that the term Vastro Lorde isn't actually used, since hollows don't really use those titles referring to themselves unless it's for specific reason.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 14:12   Link #76
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Rangiku & Kira's conversation (translated by Estella May)


Spoiler:
section pertaining to Grimm (credit to Lisa)
Spoiler:

^^In other words, we still don't know if he's dead or alive.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 16:56   Link #77
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Nice convo with the saké.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 22:34   Link #78
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
I wish Kubo would hurry with Grimmjow and this site has the most pages from Unmasked translated wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
hold on. wasent there a very ichixruki part in the new data book? i remember as there was some1 im subscribed to kept spamming in a bullitain about it.
I think u mean the new bootleg
http://bleachindonesia.com/forum/txt...php/t2192.html
__________________

Last edited by secretzfan; 2011-08-11 at 23:25.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.