AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-17, 23:32   Link #13361
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
But remember how many, many people speak Japanese in that world (at times it seems a bit surreal to me.)
Actually it's more like they keep running into people that happen to known Japanese... And apparently all Magicians can speak every language but that's not the point.

I suppose this is just the part of me inside hoping that by using any other language, we'll get more clues about their organization, every their main language could tell you alot about them. For example in a certain other Light Novel, there was a hint earlier that the bad guys faction speak mostly Japanese and German, which later turns out to be a big hint about their faction.

But like I've said, it's just my opinion.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:34   Link #13362
Syed_Seinaru_Migi
Senior member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Harimau Malaya
ceh this is the end of NT 2 ah...so Touma alone go to Hawaii how about both Accelerator and Hamazura there gonna join or not.....ermmm wait until NT 3...
__________________
Syed_Seinaru_Migi is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:39   Link #13363
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
So that's the end of NT2.....*twitches at the sight of Kamachi's last words*
I see that Kamachi is a good friend of yours.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:40   Link #13364
Breidaluk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
NT2 is complete. Now, back to crazy theories and investigations, searching for clues in the others volumes.
Do you think in NT3 "return of the winged one" will appear again? Freshmen will pair with Kamijou and company? Touma will raise Umidori's flag? Maybe.
Anyway, be patient and wait for NT3.
Breidaluk is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:44   Link #13365
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
So that's the end of NT2.....*twitches at the sight of Kamachi's last words*
Mikoto Awakens.

Anyways, Leivinia trolling Aleister was wonderful. Aiwass might have found a partner.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:45   Link #13366
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Son of a!!!
---
I'm interested in Touma's 'second death' that really catches my attention and on what Kamachi said about him going the incorrect route.

Did Touma learn nothing at his second trip to Tiger Dojo?
__________________
He did not have extraordinary athletic ability.
He did not have the intellect or skill of a superhuman genius.
He did not have the fortune needed to run a nation.
He did not have the deductive ability to resolve any incident from his easy chair.
He did not have the beauty to ruin a country with a smile.
He did not have the political power to change history with a snap of his fingers.
He did not have the unbelievable power of a Level 5.
But…
Nevertheless… -

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:51   Link #13367
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
I liked the ending a lot. Touma saying he wants to know the truth of his power made me a bit hard.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:56   Link #13368
Breidaluk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Do you think Beverly Seethrough will appear in NT3?
Breidaluk is offline  
Old 2011-08-17, 23:59   Link #13369
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Wow wow, where to begin? Even though Academy City won WWIII, it felt like Aleister had lose something even bigger... And to the point where he doesn't make a move for even the simplest things? This might be what Aiwass referred to when it said that Aleister is not the type to stand up after being knocked down...

The last scenes with Touma and Index/Mikoto were nice, not as heartfelt as I would liked but I've come to accept certain things from Kamachi and heartfelt moments are not one of his strong points (You guys greatly-over-exaggerate Accelerator and Last Order scenes ), Mikoto coming along is all be certain and I'm pretty sure Touma won't forget that he's still the legal guardian of Index so he would have to bring her too (Not that Index would allow him not to) but what about Accelerator and Hamazura? I can't imagine them putting their important girls in harm's way- Last Order have no business to be on the battlefield and Hamazura would never want to drag ITEM back into the Darkness... Well, not unless they beat the crap out of him and force him to...


And well, for those who wants a more proactive Kamijou Touma... Merry Christmas

(Even Birdway was impressed by his character )

And what's this about Second Death? What are you hiding in that coconut of yours Kamachi...?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:01   Link #13370
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
I think the Touma and Mikoto scene was dine well. Especially when she smiles or basically the first part. If it were animated you would go "oh shiiiiit" when she says he isn't alone.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:08   Link #13371
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think the Touma and Mikoto scene was dine well. Especially when she smiles or basically the first part. If it were animated you would go "oh shiiiiit" when she says he isn't alone.

Mah, seven days later from when that image first posted and the spoilers first revealed, I guess I've already soaked up all the loving, any more and it's abit naggy and Kenju would explode...

What I wanted and had hoped for was Touma hugging Index at the end of it... Not really as a romantic scene, but you know... It would be nice to say he's back.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:10   Link #13372
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually it's more like they keep running into people that happen to known Japanese... And apparently all Magicians can speak every language but that's not the point.

I suppose this is just the part of me inside hoping that by using any other language, we'll get more clues about their organization, every their main language could tell you a lot about them. For example in a certain other Light Novel, there was a hint earlier that the bad guys faction speak mostly Japanese and German, which later turns out to be a big hint about their faction.

But like I've said, it's just my opinion.
Not just magicians, even the Queen's servants, who are normal people, speak Japanese (that was a WTF moment for me.)

But yeah, it's cool when the language plays a role.

BTW... that rendezvous at the iron bridge seemed a lot like a confession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Do you think Beverly Seethrough will appear in NT3?
Probably not.

But I do wonder if we'll see a mermaid... it wouldn't surprise me at this point...
What the heck was that beastgirl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow wow, where to begin? Even though Academy City won WWIII, it felt like Aleister had lose something even bigger... And to the point where he doesn't make a move for even the simplest things? This might be what Aiwass referred to when it said that Aleister is not the type to stand up after being knocked down...
That was unexpected. Also, the way Birdway (I still can't get used to it) spoke to him almost makes him seem like a good guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The last scenes with Touma and Index/Mikoto were nice, not as heartfelt as I would liked but I've come to accept certain things from Kamachi and heartfelt moments are not one of his strong points (You guys over exaggerate Accelerator and Last Order scenes ), Mikoto coming along is all be certain and I'm pretty sure Touma won't forget that he's still the legal guardian of Index so he would have to bring her too (Not that Index would allow him not to) but what about Accelerator and Hamazura? I can't imagine them putting their important girls in harm's way= Last Order have no reason to be on the battlefield and Hamazura would never want to drag ITEM back into the Darkness... Well, not unless they beat the crap out of him and force him to...
The protagonists wouldn't drag them. But Worst and the ITEM girls could probably sneak into Hawai on their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And what's this about Second Death? What are you hiding in that coconut of yours Kamachi...?
The way he explained it, I'm most certain he's referring to great change (as in Death in the tarot) The first time was when he lost his memory, the second now that he gained determination and initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What I wanted and had hoped for was Touma hugging Index at the end of it... Not really as a romantic scene, but you know... It would be nice to say he's back.
That would be a nice change... but I guess he got enough "skinship" with the usual head bite.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:16   Link #13373
Daft
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 23
So Touma finally wants to know more about his right hand? I hope he runs into Fiamma soon so we can talk all about those issues.
It would be funny if he could give Fiamma a spare right arm seeing as how he can just regrow it, and how Fiamma assimilated it before... lol.
Daft is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:22   Link #13374
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think the Touma and Mikoto scene was dine well. Especially when she smiles or basically the first part. If it were animated you would go "oh shiiiiit" when she says he isn't alone.
It depends a lot on how they do the animation... eg, if they cue the ending music with her taking his hand the effect could be improved... Considering how much producers value Mikoto, they'll probably use all they can for a better impact. That is, if the anime does reach this stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
So Touma finally wants to know more about his right hand? I hope he runs into Fiamma soon so we can talk all about those issues.
It would be funny if he could give Fiamma a spare right arm seeing as how he can just regrow it, and how Fiamma assimilated it before... lol.
LOL, the thing is that even if he gave "a spare" to Fiamma, it would just decay in a matter of seconds, like before.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:22   Link #13375
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
BTW... that rendezvous at the iron bridge seemed a lot like a confession.
That Iron Bridge is a big part of their relationship after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
But I do wonder if we'll see a mermaid... it wouldn't surprise me at this point...
What the heck was that beastgirl?
It's funny how compared to other fantasy stories, we haven't actually seen alot of mythical creatures, mostly Angel and Golems, and yet people are already unsurprised at this point


Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
That was unexpected. Also, the way Birdway (I still can't get used to it) spoke to him almost makes him seem like a good guy
Nobody's ever a bad guy in toaruverse... Not if you lived, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
That would be a nice change... but I guess he got enough "skinship" with the usual head bite.
It's not the same though, the atmosphere was totally the right setup for it as well. But like Mikoto's scene later, the Author just doesn't seem to want to commit more
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:27   Link #13376
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nobody's ever a bad guy in toaruverse... Not if you lived, lol
Biagio is still alive
__________________
He did not have extraordinary athletic ability.
He did not have the intellect or skill of a superhuman genius.
He did not have the fortune needed to run a nation.
He did not have the deductive ability to resolve any incident from his easy chair.
He did not have the beauty to ruin a country with a smile.
He did not have the political power to change history with a snap of his fingers.
He did not have the unbelievable power of a Level 5.
But…
Nevertheless… -

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:29   Link #13377
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Doeskin of iron bridge iirc Mikotos favorite movie has to do with love on an iron bridge right?
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:31   Link #13378
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not the same though, the atmosphere was totally the right setup for it as well. But like Mikoto's scene later, the Author just doesn't seem to want to commit more
I agree, right then when Index was telling him how much she worried, it was almost mean of him not to hug her... but as you said, no commitment...

The beauty of the iron bridge scene is that he can leave it as just Mikoto joining the team, or he can recon it later into something more... But I gotta say, I hate how ambiguous Kamachi leaves the romance (I don't particularly care if it's Mikoto or someone else, but it would be nice for one of the harem to be able to get through.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Doeskin of iron bridge iirc Mikotos favorite movie has to do with love on an iron bridge right?
LOL, yeah... “An Iron Bridge is a Sign of Love”
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:38   Link #13379
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
I think the reason Kamachi can't do much on Romans is because the shippers for Index, Itsuwa, and especially Mikoto. If he shows too much for Mikoto kenju will rage. If he goes towards the other two the Mikoto fans will rage. It his fault for making such a good pairing. On a certain Internet toilet Misaka and Touma are the number one in "Just Fu$k Already".


Also iirc. He said it himself he wasnt planning much on romance. We have seen it before that he can do Interactions.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 00:46   Link #13380
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Well, he doesn't write much romance, but he sure teases a lot...

Oh, BTW, I know my mind just went to the gutter, but does anyone else find what the catgirl said a bit too much?:

“Ohh, Kamijou Touma. It’s Kamijou Touma. I don’t really care about you, but make kitty purr!”
leukrota is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.