AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-18, 07:11   Link #13401
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've just realized something on my way back home from work on the train... ISN'T KUROYORU STILL LOCKED UP IN THE BATHROOM ?! What's with everybody going their separate ways and forgetting she's still in there ?!
Since Worst-sama added cat ears and paws to her, I don't think she even wants to leave that place :P
__________________
Nayrael is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 07:36   Link #13402
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
NT2 set a Dengeki Bunko record for most copies sold in one week by selling 158,602 copies over 5 days (10th through the 14th). It beat out Oreimo 8, which sold 151,194 copies the first week. Oh, and the SP sold 60,018 copies btw.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3446.html#more
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 07:43   Link #13403
I_am_Kami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post


I hope theres gonna be some romance in this already i mean comeone Shiage has a gf already why not touma, and if anyone mentions toumaxindex ill hit them thats wrong on so many levels pedo being at the top
And this is proof to my claim Leukrota.
__________________
Yumekui Merry- Hercules
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 07:47   Link #13404
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Since Worst-sama added cat ears and paws to her, I don't think she even wants to leave that place :P
I don't think she actually did it though For starters, you're gonna need surgery...

In any case, Kamijou resident is still holding a twelve year old girl against her will! What would the neighbors think!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
NT2 set a Dengeki Bunko record for most copies sold in one week by selling 158,602 copies over 5 days (10th through the 14th). It beat out Oreimo 8, which sold 151,194 copies the first week. Oh, and the SP sold 60,018 copies btw.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3446.html#more
I know 7000 copies is actually alot, but relative to their total, it doesn't seem that big of a gap between 158k and 151k

Only half way there to beat Haruhi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
And this is proof to my claim Leukrota.
Which is ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 07:49   Link #13405
I_am_Kami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
That shippers are a pain in the ass.

Don't get me wrong I am a Kamikoto fan but I don't want to follow a series over a pairing that might not happen.

I remember in another forum some guy go "I think I am the only one that reads ToAru to see Misaka and Touma getting it on"

I was like"what?"
__________________
Yumekui Merry- Hercules
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 07:50   Link #13406
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
I don't think she actually did it though For starters, you're gonna need surgery...
Worst-sama found the parts in Freshmen strongholds. Someone made them specifically for Kuriyori and you know it -_-

Quote:
In any case, Kamijou resident is still holding a twelve year old girl against her will! What would the neighbors think!
"Tsuchimikado approves!"?
__________________
Nayrael is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 07:55   Link #13407
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
That shippers are a pain in the ass.

Don't get me wrong I am a Kamikoto fan but I don't want to follow a series over a pairing that might not happen.

I remember in another forum some guy go "I think I am the only one that reads ToAru to see Misaka and Touma getting it on"

I was like"what?"
Yeah but it sounds like you're taking a hostile stance to any comments related to pairing

Matty hasn't said anything out of line, and it's not the first time people didn't know Index's age and height details so there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Worst-sama found the parts in Freshmen strongholds. Someone made them specifically for Kuriyori and you know it -_-
How could they be made for her if she only modified her arms ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
"Tsuchimikado approves!"?
But she's not a little sister...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:02   Link #13408
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
But she's not a little sister...
Well, take care she gets adopted into the family and problem solved ;D
__________________
Nayrael is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:08   Link #13409
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
To the translators: there are no words. This is amazing: you guys translated an entire novel in less than a week, and it's an excellent translation as well. Thank you thank you thank you.

Kanzaki seems to caught the lecturing habit from Touma, but got cut a bit short.

After this volume it seems clear Kamachi's having fun trolling his readership a bit (in a good way, but a troll is a troll).

On that assumption, I make a prediction: either Mikoto won't actually make it to Hawaii or she'll go but Index will also be going. Either way Mikoto missed Birdway's lecture and will be needing make-up lessons in magic, and who would be a more appropriate teacher?
miketyson is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:11   Link #13410
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Lessar? But she gave up on Mikoto already. Or is Birdway generous enough to give another lecture on magic?

Now that a shipping war's about to break out (as far as I can see), the biggest one being Kamikoto vs. Indexma, what's the mods' take on this?
judasmartel is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:16   Link #13411
Hiro Hayase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Exactly, people should stop taking that one line she said so literally.

Touma's policy has always to involve as little people as possible, those allies that fought with him are people who have already gotten themselves involved one-way or the other but Touma himself has never ever asked people for help- the most he ever did was to call up Komoe or Mikoto to ask for information without really involving them.

This is properly illustrated in Vol 16 where even as a broken wreck, Touma never want to involve other people.

As for WWIII, remember that he was prepared to enter Russia all by himself, Lessar came on her own will.
Agreed, Touma has never explicitly asked for help from any person throughout the volumes. People just follow Touma since he is charismatic in a way. Misaka merely said she's going to help Touma even if he doesn't ask for it, also implies that she's going to follow him to Hawaii.

Index might go the Angelican church for awhile though, but probably not now since Touma's back.

Kuroyoru is probably traumatized by Touma in the bathroom lol. Birdway and Touma might bring along her with them to Hawaii since they can't leave her alone there, she might turn out to be very useful for them.

Hamazura's harem will just stalk him all the way to Hawaii, Takitsubo has the 'Hamazure detector', Mugino's quite the yandere stalker, and Kinuhata has her own methods too. Their excuse will be to make sure Hamazura doesn't cheat on them.

Accerator he might just ditch LO and WORST, then suddenly disappear like always. The other Members of GROUP will coincidentally met each other in Hawaii, knowing Tsuchimikado he probably goes there every so often to buy his notorious shirts.

Birdway's brief speech with Touma and the Author's afterword are clear hints of foreshadowing that the upcoming novels will have much darker plots and themes. That maybe the reason why Kamachi-sensei put so much comedy in NT volume 2.




P.S. Btw editing is mostly done for the NT2 epilogue now. Hayate06 is the only translator working on this though, his speed is legendary even on Baka-Tsuki.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-08-18 at 08:38. Reason: Spelling
Hiro Hayase is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:32   Link #13412
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
To the translators: there are no words. This is amazing: you guys translated an entire novel in less than a week, and it's an excellent translation as well. Thank you thank you thank you.
Translators? Nono, this is the work of only one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Now that a shipping war's about to break out (as far as I can see), the biggest one being Kamikoto vs. Indexma, what's the mods' take on this?
I just don't see happening with Index, she's more like a little sister character than a romance interest.

I mean, unlike Mikoto and Itsuwa, she was never a maiden-in-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Agreed, Touma has never explicitly asked for help from any person throughout the volumes. People just follow Touma since he is charismatic in a way. Misaka merely said she's going to help Touma even if he doesn't ask for it, also implies that she's going to follow him to Hawaii.

Index might go the Angelican church for awhile though, but probably not now since Touma's back.
I am extremely wary of Kamachi when it comes to the spotlight of his female characters... God and Aleister knows what he would do... Or rather what he wouldn't make them do



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Kuroyoru is probably traumatized by Touma in the bathroom lol. Birdway and Touma might bring along her with them to Hawaii since they can't leave her alone there, she might turn out to be very useful for them.

Hamazura's harem will just stalk him all the way to Hawaii, Takitsubo has the 'Hamazure detector', Mugino's quite the yandere stalker, and Kinuhata has her own methods too. Their excuse will be to make sure Hamazura doesn't cheat on them.

Accerator he might just ditch LO and WORST, then suddenly disappear like always. The other Members of GROUP will coincidentally met each other in Hawaii, knowing Tsuchimikado he probably goes there very so often to buy his notorious shirts.

This might be radical thinking, but I'm not sure if Accelerator or Hamazura would take part in this trip to Hawaii. I'm sure they would join the Gremlin fight, but it's not like they would need to jump right into this particular one.

I think it would be good for them to spend the between-the-lines segment of NT3 sorting out their feelings and thoughts with their individual 'families' before officially getting involve in the fight.

And assuming the Hawaii arc last long enough for two books, we might see the return of Group.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Birdway's brief speech with Touma and the Author's afterword are clear hints of foreshadowing that the upcoming novels will have much darker plots and themes. That maybe the reason why Kamachi-sensei put so much comedy in NT volume 2.
This new enemy might be one that cannot be reasoned with- Not even the RCC was crazy enough to destroy the World for one boy, and Fiamma had a big noble goal for starting WWIII.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-18 at 09:02.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:41   Link #13413
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
..It didn't even take a week? Kudos to all of you who've done translating this series
Quote:
Translators? Nono, this is the work of only one guy
..what?
Quote:
I hope theres gonna be some romance in this already i mean comeone Shiage has a gf already why not touma, and if anyone mentions toumaxindex ill hit them thats wrong on so many levels pedo being at the top
I can't believe someone actually posted something like this in here Oh well, each to their own

Btw, I don't really understand what happened in the epilogue. Did accelerator and Hamazura not going to Hawaii with Touma?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:43   Link #13414
I_am_Kami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Btw, I don't really understand what happened in the epilogue. Did accelerator and Hamazura not going to Hawaii with Touma?
They are thinking about it.
__________________
Yumekui Merry- Hercules
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:51   Link #13415
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
..what?
js06- the one man show

Teh Ping wanted to help, but realized that js06 would have finished translating before he even gotten his copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I can't believe someone actually posted something like this in here Oh well, each to their own
I don't see anything wrong except the misunderstanding about Index's age- it's apparently not a well known fact that both her and Mikoto actually share the same age, with Index being only slightly shorter...

...Compared to the declaration of love I've seen from others, he was downright civil

You want to see Irrational Love, go visit Nanoha or K-On's chats


Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Btw, I don't really understand what happened in the epilogue. Did accelerator and Hamazura not going to Hawaii with Touma?
What Kami said, they're thinking about it.

Which is why I brought up the possibility that they might not be going to Hawaii next volume, at least not with Team Kamijou.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:56   Link #13416
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
I've read the article on GREMLIN on the Wiki, and I wonder what Birdway meant when she pertains to Mjolnir and GREMLIN as "they" or "them". Is it possible that we are to encounter non-human enemies this time?

Also, Volcano Gods as the next Big Bad for Hawaiian Tou-ma, anyone? Imagine breaker him, Shiage and Accelerator surfing a huge lava tidal wave while fending off the volcano attacks.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.
Winter 2013/2014 Catch Up: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Sakura Trick and Little Busters! EX.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 08:58   Link #13417
Jobless Josh
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England, it's pretty small, I'm sure you'll find me.
Age: 21
Quote:
This might be radical thinking, but I'm not sure if Accelerator or Hamazura would take part in this trip to Hawaii. I'm sure they would join the Gremlin fight, but it's not like they would need to jump right into this particular one.

I think it would be good for them to spend the between-in-lines segment of NT3 sorting out their feelings and thoughts with their individual 'families' before officially getting involve in the fight.
To be honest this is what I want to see happen give those two some time to figure things out for themselves. Some self discovery over what Birdway said about them and shizz.

But I also think Kamachi might just shove them out onto the frontline straight up, I mean beyond the name of the organistaion Hamazura and Accel may want to know who just tried to drop a flying fortress onto the people they care about =L
__________________
Jobless Josh is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 09:43   Link #13418
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What I wanted and had hoped for was Touma hugging Index at the end of it... Not really as a romantic scene, but you know... It would be nice to say he's back.
Does he even apologized? I won't be suprisd if it ends on backslash for him, like Index going back to UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

By the way, does anyone here have any idea why Gremlin will choose Hawaii as the meeting point? Some obscure native myth to be dug up?
Well, there are a lot of vulcans there so there must be a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
On a side note, Jesus came back after dying once. What does that make Touma now that he came back from 'dying' twice?
There is Fiamma's second coming after Aleister "killed" him. Still I wonder what Ollerus mean with "he survived purely because of his ability".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In all seriousness the wiki page has dozen of names in relations to Hawaiian Mythology -snip-
The Legend of Hamehame .

BTW, if we get to fire related legends from Norse story we have Fire-Giants of Musphel with Loki related to them and in the Hawaiian religion, Pele is the godess of fire.
__________________

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-08-18 at 10:12.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 10:44   Link #13419
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Saint Agnes and the Burning Train
Age: 23
You know, I'm really ashamed about this fiasco of saying that I want to help, only to see hayate06 finish translating the entire volume in 1 week (and to make it worse, I still haven't gotten my copy yet)...

So, erm, sorry guys?
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2011-08-18, 11:02   Link #13420
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
You know, I'm really ashamed about this fiasco of saying that I want to help, only to see hayate06 finish translating the entire volume in 1 week (and to make it worse, I still haven't gotten my copy yet)...

So, erm, sorry guys?
Nah, I saw this coming, you always did a good job before so don't worry.
__________________
Miraluka is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.