AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-21, 19:38   Link #61
method
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
The NBA has handed down suspensions. Ron Artest receives the worst, which is for the rest of the season. Jermaine O'Neal recieved 30 games, and Steven Jackson got 30 games. Ben Wallace received 6 games. Anthony Johnson got 5 games. I guess Artest got his wish to take some time off to promote his CD. Remember it comes out Nov. 26. Buy 2 even.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:25   Link #62
tanuki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Barbaric? *thinks of hockey, wrestling, and tons of other sports... And you are only blaming the athletes? The fans wouldn't have been involved at all if it hadn't been for them throwing cans and bottles in the players faces.

If you were in a fight. Then it was broken up by someone. While you're walking away and you get hit with a rock in the face by someone jeering at you. What would you do?
Security wasn't what it should have been behind the bench. The second that someone in the crowd crosses the line and tries to throw anything at the players security should have been moving fast to remove them their seat and escort them out. That way if a player tries to get up into the stands after whoever threw something at them, security should already be between the player and the fan and they can escort the the player back to the court. That could diffuse the situation quickly and after a brief timeout the game could resume.

And in terms barbaric conduct associated with any sporting event, you forgot to mention soccer. I'm thinking of the hooligans who get out of hand at british soccer matches.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:39   Link #63
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
And in terms barbaric conduct associated with any sporting event, you forgot to mention soccer. I'm thinking of the hooligans who get out of hand at british soccer matches.
"Barbaric" hooliganism at British football matches has died long ago. Football hooliganism today only exists in various parts of Continental Europe & South America.
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 21:13   Link #64
tanuki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
"Barbaric" hooliganism at British football matches has died long ago. Football hooliganism today only exists in various parts of Continental Europe & South America.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3722905.stm

The only reson hooliganism at British football games is even remotely in decline is due to the high level of security that's progressively evolved with time to keep them in check. Subtract the security as it is now and they'd likely be back worse than ever.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 02:10   Link #65
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
The NBA has handed down suspensions. Ron Artest receives the worst, which is for the rest of the season. Jermaine O'Neal recieved 30 games, and Steven Jackson got 30 games. Ben Wallace received 6 games. Anthony Johnson got 5 games. I guess Artest got his wish to take some time off to promote his CD. Remember it comes out Nov. 26. Buy 2 even.
It sucks for the Pacers. They're post season hopes have been crushed because of how depleted their roster is. As for Artest, after this incident any hope they had of wanting to trade the guy in the future is probably killed. No team will want him. His future as an NBA player is practically over even though he'll be active next year.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 16:15   Link #66
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz
It sucks for the Pacers. They're post season hopes have been crushed because of how depleted their roster is. As for Artest, after this incident any hope they had of wanting to trade the guy in the future is probably killed. No team will want him. His future as an NBA player is practically over even though he'll be active next year.
I doubt it. Artest is much too talented, he'll get another shot with the Pacers or another team. The Owner likes Artest too much, he places the blame on the fans. Take a look at another talented star, Dennis Rodman. He's the guy that kicked a reporter in the balls. Bulls resigned him, and hell they won 3 rings. 20 Rebounds a game from someone helps a lot.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:02   Link #67
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
I saw the fight between the pacers and the fans. I have to say it was somewhat unfair because of the fact that all of these NBA players got suspended for about the entire season. If someone throws a beer in your face, i guarantee that most people will probably give him a beat down. That fan must be insane to throw something like that at a NBA player, these guys are like twice your size. The fans made the situation worse by throwing popcorn, soda, and who knows what else at the NBA players. But thats the way the dice rolls and whats done is done. Worst fight showdown in NBA history
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 00:44   Link #68
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I doubt it. Artest is much too talented, he'll get another shot with the Pacers or another team. The Owner likes Artest too much, he places the blame on the fans.
It could definately happen. It'll be interesting to see next year how he performs and also how fans around the country react to his presence. But for this year, the Pacers lost a huge chunk of talent which could hurt their post season opportunities.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 07:02   Link #69
pandabearnay
Huh? Wha?? Nani??!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Earth
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
And you wonder why the American basketball team has been losing World Championships and Olympic basketball recently.
That's because our best players don't play. They don't get paid and they are worried about getting injured before the season. But mainly because of the money. Yeah i know its sad but thats the way the world works. So sorry, its not because the NBA sucks its because they have mediocore players playing against the worlds best. Think of the first dream team.

And if anyone threw anything at me after i just got into a heated argument i'd go after him too. Cup of beer or a paper airplane, that punk is going down. Yes Ron Artest was wrong for going into the stands. He should have let security handle it. But he's only human. They both were wrong. Even more so the guy who threw the beer. C'mon, why the hell would you egg someone on who was already pissed off. And for the dumb white fat f*** who went and confronted him on the floor, now he deserved what he got. NBA players are people just like anyone else. Granted not everyone would do the same thing. But a good majority of people would do the same in his shoes. When it comes down to it, everyone involved in the incident is equal in blame.
pandabearnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 01:07   Link #70
4BiddenKnight
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Man any love for the NBA? Anyways the refs are still a joke, look at VC and Mo Pete slapping each other for examples. VC playfully slaps Mo Pete during a stopped play and Mo Pete slaps VC back. Mo Pete gets ejected for retaliating, ridiculous.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 03:16   Link #71
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BiddenKnight
Man any love for the NBA? Anyways the refs are still a joke, look at VC and Mo Pete slapping each other for examples. VC playfully slaps Mo Pete during a stopped play and Mo Pete slaps VC back. Mo Pete gets ejected for retaliating, ridiculous.
Yeah I saw that on sportscenter it was complete bullshit.

On a side note I'm a huge Suns fan and the game against the Spurs the other night was awesome!
They are already doing great but when Stoudemire comes back they are going to clean house!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 23:06   Link #72
Final
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Squaresville
Age: 35
That was hilarious. Atleast VC is paying his fine and tired to explain what happened.


Kill the ref.



This thread is awfully sparse though. I'm a Nuggets fan, Going for Miami for the Eastern Con. I'm just hoping my Nugs put out some money for a pure shooter so we don't have to have all our little pg out on the court at the same time.
Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 23:27   Link #73
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final
That was hilarious. Atleast VC is paying his fine and tired to explain what happened.


Kill the ref.



This thread is awfully sparse though. I'm a Nuggets fan, Going for Miami for the Eastern Con. I'm just hoping my Nugs put out some money for a pure shooter so we don't have to have all our little pg out on the court at the same time.
Tomorrow should be a good game! Suns vs Nuggets, we're gonna win.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 00:40   Link #74
4BiddenKnight
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Dam, can't wait til the Cavs are playing the Knicks on Sportsnet. I haven't seen LeBron James in action for a while.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 23:58   Link #75
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Holy friggen crap I hope your watching the game tonight final. Triple OT now, although I think denvers gonna win.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 01:58   Link #76
4BiddenKnight
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I did watch the OT part of that game. Steve Nash got fouled out, and from then Phoenix fell apart.

Man I wish that Cavs vs Lakers game was broadcasted in Canadian sports channels. I really wanted to catch a glimpse of Kobe and LeBron going at it together.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 07:14   Link #77
Palani
///_^
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mushroom County, Mario World
Age: 27
So who's counting down with me? The 17th, 18th and 19th of February will be blasting. All Star Weekend .
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:28   Link #78
Spaghettos
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
*flips off all NBA haters*
Spaghettos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 21:48   Link #79
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Meh. Our Warriors are under .5 again. FOR SHAME!
__________________


AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 19:53   Link #80
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milpitas, CA, USA
@#$% Warriors can't even get the draft lottery right.... Oh well, at least I'm not a Portland fan. I'd be looking for the nearest bridge to jump off of right now if I was...
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.