AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-18, 00:55   Link #81
johnrico_hp

athrun's new gundam

athrun new gundam is saviour, no more justice
Old 2004-11-18, 01:14   Link #82
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroitatsu
[spoiler]is it me or is the impulse a really obvious copy of the strike?]
It's to the Strike what the RX-178 Gundam Mk II is to the Gundam - an upgraded concept.

They should have let it had some connection to Strike in the name though, since it's obvious it's Strike Mk II :P
Old 2011-08-30, 19:40   Link #83
monster

A reply to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Grunts can be excused as a plot device because they're characters with generic faces, generic personalities if they're ever given one, and are rarely given enough screen time to be of any significance. Kira doesn't have such an excuse: He was the main character of the previous series, a major character in Destiny, and plays a large part in the main character of Destiny's back-story and current outlook on things. Kira is the prime character to have a dialogue with Shinn and help him grow out of the cycle he's trapped himself in, but he doesn't. He just stops battles he personally has a problem with and doesn't even say why he's doing it. So it's wrong. Okay, what exactly is wrong with it that he needs to show up and cause even more chaos? He never tells anyone.
I guess Kira didn't think that talking would do any good at the time. He's not really there to end the war. His involvement with Minerva was because of Cagalli. His involvement in Berlin was because of the civillian.
Quote:
So fighting is okay if it's to protect your loved ones? In its own twisted way, isn't that what the Bloody Valentine Wars are about?
That's not really what I'm trying to say. Compare Kira locking himself up in Strike's cockpit after killing Nichol in SEED to the lack of drama on Kira's part after he killed Stellar. It's not about justifying war, but it just shows that Kira is no longer that same person that he was at the beginning of SEED.
Quote:
Shinn screaming "You killed Stella(r)!!!" didn't clue him in?
Eh, I just figured that's just Shinn yelling by himself rather than him actually telling Kira about it. And besides, it's not like Kira knows who Stella is.
Quote:
Shinn deliberately went after Kira multiple times, and Athrun mentioned Shinn to Kira at least once. On top of that, Athrun himself expressed interest in saving Shinn from himself multiple times, least of all when Shinn first got the Destiny Gundam and Athrun ended up back on the Archangel. Shouldn't that be more than enough for Kira to try talking with Shinn?
I guess in Kira's mind, Athrun would be the better choice since Athrun knows about Shinn more than Kira. And I would agree to that.
Old 2011-08-31, 09:37   Link #84
rakusukira

remember what Mu La Fllaga told Kira back in Seed ? he said that it's bad to know your enemies personally.

Kira didn't know who Stella is, so he wasn't really greatly affected.
Kira broke down after killing Nicol because he knows that the pilot of the Blitz is someone close to Athrun.

Kira wouldn't care about Shinn .. simply because he didn't know him personally (until Final Plus ending)

Kira doesn't like to "talk" to people anyway. he always leaves the speeches to Lacus, Cagalli and Athrun..
Old 2011-09-02, 04:54   Link #85
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
A reply to this post. I guess Kira didn't think that talking would do any good at the time. He's not really there to end the war. His involvement with Minerva was because of Cagalli. His involvement in Berlin was because of the civillian. That's not really what I'm trying to say. Compare Kira locking himself up in Strike's cockpit after killing Nichol in SEED to the lack of drama on Kira's part after he killed Stellar. It's not about justifying war, but it just shows that Kira is no longer that same person that he was at the beginning of SEED. Eh, I just figured that's just Shinn yelling by himself rather than him actually telling Kira about it. And besides, it's not like Kira knows who Stella is. I guess in Kira's mind, Athrun would be the better choice since Athrun knows about Shinn more than Kira. And I would agree to that.
I do think it's a rather lost cause now, but still I do think that Kira trying to tell everyone why they were there will ease the overall tension during those crucial moments. In the heat of battle, an unknown faction appears, and they do not say what they were doing there, or why they were doing it. They just one up everyone and that's it. Not only is it ridiculous, it also was something that would have worked to their disadvantage, and the thing is, they magically didn't.

As for Stellar, this argument could pretty well be the same as when Kira destroyed the Lohengrin or whatever Minerva's cannon was named. There were people operating the Lohengrin/whatsitsnamewas. It is easy to dismiss the fact that they were all soldiers and they knew what was coming for them. But we also have to think that ZAFT/Extendeds weren't really people who are soldiers - they were ordinary civilians who were trained to be soldiers/created to be soldiers. This is where the blur occurs. I do think Kira still retained his old personality, if skewed to a degree, by just shooting arms and legs of MS he fights and avoiding the cockpit as much as he could (an advantage Rey and Shinn used to disable Freedom to a great degree).

As for Athrun, I think he wanted Shinn and Kira to be friends, at least that was how it was handled, but seriously bogged down for some reason. Athrun was supposed to be a bridge for the 2 because Shinn and Kira were so alike. They both wanted to protect thir friends, they both had something they held very dear to (an ideal). Both of them were pulled into a war due to a disastrous intervention on war's behalf, shattering the peaceful lives they had, and scarred because of it. Athrun was in the best position to make them friends. I wouldn't really say Athrun knew Shinn better than what Kira could know of him - Athrun just met Shinn during the war, whereas Athrun and Kira were always best friends ina nd out of 2 wars. Maybe Shinn and Kira were alike, but Shinn had an entirely different personality, and of course it was because of the same war itself. And we all know Shinn was more messed up by the war than Kira was.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2011-09-05, 18:46   Link #86
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
I do think it's a rather lost cause now, but still I do think that Kira trying to tell everyone why they were there will ease the overall tension during those crucial moments. In the heat of battle, an unknown faction appears, and they do not say what they were doing there, or why they were doing it.
Actually, that's incorrect. Cagalli stated her intentions pretty clearly right at the beginning. But since they didn't listen to her, there was nothing Kira could do in that department.
Quote:
They just one up everyone and that's it. Not only is it ridiculous, it also was something that would have worked to their disadvantage, and the thing is, they magically didn't.
Arguing whether or not it should've work to their disadvantage seems pointless to me. The fact is it didn't, and that's what we have to go with.
Quote:
As for Stellar, this argument could pretty well be the same as when Kira destroyed the Lohengrin or whatever Minerva's cannon was named. There were people operating the Lohengrin/whatsitsnamewas. It is easy to dismiss the fact that they were all soldiers and they knew what was coming for them. But we also have to think that ZAFT/Extendeds weren't really people who are soldiers - they were ordinary civilians who were trained to be soldiers/created to be soldiers. This is where the blur occurs. I do think Kira still retained his old personality, if skewed to a degree, by just shooting arms and legs of MS he fights and avoiding the cockpit as much as he could (an advantage Rey and Shinn used to disable Freedom to a great degree).
There's a limit to what Kira could do. When he took a shot at the Tannhauser, it was already about to destroy the Orb fleet. There was nothing Kira could do about the fact that destroying that cannon would cause an explosion big enough to kill several people in nearby compartments of the ship.
Quote:
As for Athrun, I think he wanted Shinn and Kira to be friends, at least that was how it was handled, but seriously bogged down for some reason. Athrun was supposed to be a bridge for the 2 because Shinn and Kira were so alike. They both wanted to protect thir friends, they both had something they held very dear to (an ideal). Both of them were pulled into a war due to a disastrous intervention on war's behalf, shattering the peaceful lives they had, and scarred because of it. Athrun was in the best position to make them friends. I wouldn't really say Athrun knew Shinn better than what Kira could know of him - Athrun just met Shinn during the war, whereas Athrun and Kira were always best friends ina nd out of 2 wars. Maybe Shinn and Kira were alike, but Shinn had an entirely different personality, and of course it was because of the same war itself. And we all know Shinn was more messed up by the war than Kira was.
At the very least Athrun had plenty of chances with Shinn, more so than Kira.
Old 2011-09-05, 23:38   Link #87
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
I do think it's a rather lost cause now, but still I do think that Kira trying to tell everyone why they were there will ease the overall tension during those crucial moments. In the heat of battle, an unknown faction appears, and they do not say what they were doing there, or why they were doing it. They just one up everyone and that's it. Not only is it ridiculous, it also was something that would have worked to their disadvantage, and the thing is, they magically didn't.
You should already know part of kira's role in the story is to help to participate in creating confusion and conflict to keep the flow going. For the most part his actions are not very logical... but its fueled by emotional reasoning.. Eg you made cagalli cry. As you already stated there are better ways to deal with this dilemma of kira's and cagalli, but it would not be very entertaining for its target audience.. after all this isn't tom clancy.

Last edited by winter45; 2011-09-06 at 02:00.
Closed Thread