AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-20, 06:39   Link #461
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Just saw the trailer of the K-on movie. Seems it's a recap or a big summary of the t.v. series events before they leave.
The only trailers released so far that I'm aware of, were the short teasers that feature clips from the TV anime but nothing from the movie itself. The movie has long since been confirmed to be an original story, not a recap or summary.
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 07:11   Link #462
Misago
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
yes, the first proper trailer featuring new footage and music is coming Sept 3rd
Misago is offline  
Old 2011-08-31, 17:29   Link #463
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
WOW!!! that movie promo pic just gave me the chills. XDD

It had to be England, where almost all the greatest bands in history reside. =))
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Queen
Cream
Pink Floyd
Bee Gees
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden

how can you go wrong with that!? UK has a huge share of great bands!
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2011-08-31, 19:20   Link #464
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern California
I skimmed the thread and couldn't immediately find any discussion of this, so if it's been covered I apologize in advance.

What do you guys think the chances of American screenings of the K-On movie are? We have here a popular TV anime by KyoAni with a dub distributed by Bandai which are the same companies that created/dubbed the Haruhi anime. Is it reasonable to think we might get at least a couple west-coast screenings for this like we did for Disappearance?
__________________
DasDingus is offline  
Old 2011-08-31, 19:35   Link #465
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I skimmed the thread and couldn't immediately find any discussion of this, so if it's been covered I apologize in advance.

What do you guys think the chances of American screenings of the K-On movie are? We have here a popular TV anime by KyoAni with a dub distributed by Bandai which are the same companies that created/dubbed the Haruhi anime. Is it reasonable to think we might get at least a couple west-coast screenings for this like we did for Disappearance?
That would be cool! I think Bandai Entertainment first has too do a Season 2 before they can create a Dub version of the movie, but an English-subtitled screenings would be sweet!
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2011-08-31, 20:46   Link #466
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well they did screen the Haruhi movie about six or so months after it was released in Japan (it was still screening in some Japanese theaters at that time) with subtitles. I saw it when it was in San Francisco. I don't know what popularity K-On has in the States verses Haruhi, so I can't say if they will do it or not. The Dubbing of the Haruhi movie was done recently and will be released within a month, so don't think you'll find an official dubbed version of the K-On movie anytime soon.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-08-31, 21:02   Link #467
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well they did screen the Haruhi movie about six or so months after it was released in Japan (it was still screening in some Japanese theaters at that time) with subtitles. I saw it when it was in San Francisco. I don't know what popularity K-On has in the States verses Haruhi, so I can't say if they will do it or not. The Dubbing of the Haruhi movie was done recently and will be released within a month, so don't think you'll find an official dubbed version of the K-On movie anytime soon.
Yes, I was referring to the idea of screenings of the movie subbed. The Haurhi movie was shown subbed in the US before they dubbed season 2 (I believe) so the timing would be similar.
__________________
DasDingus is offline  
Old 2011-09-02, 22:47   Link #468
winhlp32
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boyzone
Movie Poster:



Movie Poster with spoiler images:

Spoiler for Movie Poster with movie spoiler images.:
__________________
            |
   \  ( ^p^ )/
      ̄ ̄ /
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline  
Old 2011-09-03, 00:19   Link #469
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Movie Poster:



Movie Poster with spoiler images:

Spoiler for Movie Poster with movie spoiler images.:
And internet is fast



Spoiler:
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2011-09-03, 10:49   Link #470
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


In any case, this is going to be very interesting. I'm curious what the new song(s) will sound like.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2011-09-03, 13:00   Link #471
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
And internet is fast

Spoiler:
Spoiler:


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2011-09-03, 18:33   Link #472
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Spoiler:


In any case, this is going to be very interesting. I'm curious what the new song(s) will sound like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Spoiler:


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Spoiler:
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 04:22   Link #473
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Indeed, there is a new trailer now up (contains footage of the movie):
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/trailer/trailer.html

Also, the OP and ED of the movie has been revealed (plus an insert/theme song):
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/k-on...l#201109051545
Spoiler:
__________________
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes


"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 05:34   Link #474
winhlp32
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boyzone
Yep, looks like the songs are set up for an Yui OP and Mio ED. Very glad that Kyoani stuck with the same music production staff for all three K-On! installments(Tom-H@ck OPs and Maezawa/Komori EDs).

A bit sad...no pseudo-English OP title. "Ichiban Ippai" just doesn't look as cool as "Cagayake!GIRLS" or "GO! GO! MANIAC" or "Utauyo!!MIRACLE" .
__________________
            |
   \  ( ^p^ )/
      ̄ ̄ /
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 05:39   Link #475
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Indeed, there is a new trailer now up (contains footage of the movie):
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/trailer/trailer.html

Also, the OP and ED of the movie has been revealed (plus an insert/theme song):
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/k-on...l#201109051545
It's only a few seconds but now I can't wait to see that.

Really love that face of Mugi at the beginning
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 07:28   Link #476
Misago
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
haha yeh Mugi's face was priceless
also like the bit where they are pushing all their equipment through Camden tube station. gig is definitely on!
i know it's not very likely but it would be awesome if they happened to bump into a guest star - Mio meeting Jeff Beck or something.
Misago is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 12:04   Link #477
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Wink

Are my eyes deceiving me? Or did I just see Abbey Road? But I do look forward for the new music, its been too long! Yui's English is priceless! I think shes trying to say "side business"

I thought they weren't going to bring there instruments? Since they are I'm suprised they didn't do a carry on for there Instruments!

There are several options
A. Carry On - This is the most desired way! Nothing better than having your guitar next to you! Safe and relaxed! Why won't you have a glass of our fine champagne good sir?!
B. Gate Check In - Well not the best but better than C.
C. Check In - The worst way but not always "death is guaranteed"!

And wow so they did bring Azusa! Whats up them and the back seats? It seems like they also go for the back seats (e.g. train ride to Mugi's Villa) lol Also I noticed and found this quite funny, but notice how different westerners look in the K-ON! universe! They look alot older, and have longer noses. lol


__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"



Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-09-05 at 13:12.
Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 16:25   Link #478
Misago
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
maybe D - hire the instruments when they get there?
that's the way i used to do it when my band played overseas - that way you can also avoid those awkward questions about work permits at Customs!
Misago is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 16:28   Link #479
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Doubt tey would need work permits as they are high school students.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 17:10   Link #480
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me? Or did I just see Abbey Road? But I do look forward for the new music, its been too long! Yui's English is priceless! I think shes trying to say "side business"

I thought they weren't going to bring there instruments? Since they are I'm suprised they didn't do a carry on for there Instruments!

There are several options
A. Carry On - This is the most desired way! Nothing better than having your guitar next to you! Safe and relaxed! Why won't you have a glass of our fine champagne good sir?!
B. Gate Check In - Well not the best but better than C.
C. Check In - The worst way but not always "death is guaranteed"!

And wow so they did bring Azusa! Whats up them and the back seats? It seems like they also go for the back seats (e.g. train ride to Mugi's Villa) lol Also I noticed and found this quite funny, but notice how different westerners look in the K-ON! universe! They look alot older, and have longer noses. lol


You can bring the guitar as a "carry on" but putting your guitar next to you on the flight won't work. Since they don't fit in the baggage compartment, the stewardess usually puts in another storage compartment on the plane. had that happened to me a few times (I can never fit the gig bag in the compartments above). Airlines usually want the space around your feet clear of an obstructions just in case you have to evacuate quickly so the carry on has to be small enough to fit under the seat.

Drums on the other hand can't be carried on. Since they come in several parts and their own carrying/push cases, they need to be check in. As I mentioned previously, you can bring in the smaller part of the drum like the pedals and snare drum.

Hmmm...I wonder if Mugi set them up for 1st class or they just raised enough money for economy seats?

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.