AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-05, 22:22   Link #3681
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
3 freaking votes...the end of Shana for Ruby movement right there...

Well, she still has a chance, but Hina definitely has a HUGE edge...

On other note...
1. Kuroneko didn't quite double Holo as Regal predicted. Oh well, still the 2nd largest winning margin of this round
2. Mio somehow lose even after winning SK, Japan, China, and USA...I guess votes are way more international than I thought...
3. HUGE win for Hitagi...definitely a good boost to be the last playoff fodder...
4. On the other hand, Victorique didn't get enough love. She came close, but still can't beat Gitah, who's ranked below her...
5. Nice win by Yami. Of course, I'm a C.C. hater...
6. Kanade is still destroying girls...1000+ over Azu-nyan is more than the 800 that Biribiri put over Eu...
7. Sigh...Kirino, not even Japan, SK, and China can put you over Yurippe...it's more or less hopeless for her to sneak in (Not like there are spots left for her on my list anyway...I've Hitagi and Victorique penciled in...)
8. And of course, Etna has no chance...she is up against Kud, after all...

Quote:
Hitagi for Ruby anyone?
Meh, doubt she can get past Shana...she'll finish with 54 SDO (Same as Shana), versus Hina's 63...(She won against Mio, don't see how she won't get past Yui-nyan...). It is the best chance for a Tier 3 to get a necklace, though...

For the SDO situation...(Assuming those who win would win...)
1. Hina (7-0, 63 SDO)
2. Shana (6-1, 54 SDO/75 SAO)
3/4. Haruhi & Hitagi (6-1, 54 SDO/72 SAO)
5/6. Mio & Azusa (6-1, 45 SDO/66 SAO)
7. Eucliwood (5-2, 54 SDO/96 SAO) <- Technically Yurippe has the same SDO/SAO, but knowing that Eucliwood qualified on the basis of a win, while Yurippe would get this record if she lose (Which is almost certain, she's up against Kuroneko...), and that Eucliwood is ahead on VD before the round even start...

It will be an interesting necklace match. It's mostly down to whether Shana would be able to overcome the SDO disadvantage, but I'm saying that Hina would win. Of course, out of the 7, as long as it's not Haruhi that wins it I'm happy.
ion475 is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:22   Link #3682
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Quick question...Has Yuki beaten Shana before?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:23   Link #3683
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So what was that about Wildcards can't win necklaces?
What we're seeing right now is precisely why I'm strongly against SDO playing a role in a Necklace finale matches.

You seriously going to tell me that a 3-vote differential in a Round Robin match should count for more than, say, a 50-vote differential between the 1st and 2nd place finishers in the actual Necklace finale match?

Because that is now a very real possibility...
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:24   Link #3684
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You seriously going to tell me that a 3-vote differential in a Round Robin match should count for more than, say, a 50-vote differential between the 1st and 2nd place finishers in the actual Necklace finale match?
Yes? Shana vs. Yuki is arguably the most important and exciting match of ISML, so it's very fitting to be the deciding match of Ruby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Quick question...Has Yuki beaten Shana before?
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:25   Link #3685
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
That is what I thought.

Thanks KS.

(The North American release of Disappearance has started to be delivered to those that ordered it by the way.)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:26   Link #3686
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
For me, this match convinced me that a luck based necklace system might not be a bad idea after all. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Also, lol at Kud winning in every region in the world... except Russia.
RegalStar is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:29   Link #3687
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Shana lost by an inch D:, but on the other hand other results all but guarantee that Hitagi and Sengoku will keep their top 16 spots over Saber and Victorique .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:32   Link #3688
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
As long as Nadeko doesn't overcome Charlotte (small chance, really), Victorique will still be the one who enters post-season via head-to-head match win.
RegalStar is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:33   Link #3689
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Yes?
And why exactly? Why should a razor thin round robin match count for more than the actual necklace finale match?


Quote:
Shana vs. Yuki is arguably the most important and exciting match of ISML, so it's very fitting to be the deciding match of Ruby.
Not when Yuki herself is not up for the necklace. Nor when Yuki doesn't go up against all the other girls that will be in the Necklace finale.

It's very cheap, it's very sleazy, it doesn't reflect actual character strength whatsoever, and in the event that it costs Shana the Ruby Necklace, it will make a true mockery out of how SDO is currently used in ISML, imo.

It looks very, very bad on the integrity of ISML's competitions, in my honest opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That is what I thought.

Thanks KS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
For me, this match convinced me that a luck based necklace system might not be a bad idea after all. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Would you be laughing if this was unfairly disadvantaging Kanade?
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:37   Link #3690
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
For me, this match convinced me that a luck based necklace system might not be a bad idea after all. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Isn't it great? First of all, every match counts, from Ruby 1 to Ruby 7, so it keeps you on your toes about where the necklace goes. Secondly, you may get lucky with a 3 vote margin one period, unlucky with a 3 vote margin another period, or get unlucky for 4 years in a row (in the case of Shana and Ruby). It becomes truly hilarious indeed, only made possible by the fact that necklaces are worth nothing but entertainment value.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:41   Link #3691
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Would you be laughing if this was unfairly disadvantaging Kanade?
If Kanade lost three consecutive easy necklace grabs due to losing all the key matches by small margin, one of which was something that she (her fans) wanted for three years but continued to fail to grab, then yes, I'd be laughing as well.
RegalStar is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:45   Link #3692
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Considering it isn't just SDO here, it is also who won all the matches, which is what i was before SDO. The girls that got 7-0 got higher priority than those with 6-1. If Shana can somehow win the necklace round this time, I think she'll be the first to win with a 6-1 record for the period.

The first system did something else, where we had one final were it was only possible for three people to get the necklace. I think first was Haruhi. If Haruhi last the next in like was Kyou, and then Yuki...but Kyou and Yuki were facing each other in Round 9 so the only way the fourth person in line could get the necklace would be if Haruhi lost and Yuki and Kyou tied....and even then I think it would have been up to a tie breaker round. Haruhi won, but that was the limit of the possibles that round.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:47   Link #3693
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 33
Oh wow!!! That... is... a... shocker!

I did not see that actually happening!

And ion and regal, I suppose y'all were right... it was a murdering.
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism
Rajura is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:48   Link #3694
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering it isn't just SDO here, it is also who won all the matches, which is what i was before SDO. The girls that got 7-0 got higher priority than those with 6-1. If Shana can somehow win the necklace round this time, I think she'll be the first to win with a 6-1 record for the period.

The first system did something else, where we had one final were it was only possible for three people to get the necklace. I think first was Haruhi. If Haruhi last the next in like was Kyou, and then Yuki...but Kyou and Yuki were facing each other in Round 9 so the only way the fourth person in line could get the necklace would be if Haruhi lost and Yuki and Kyou tied....and even then I think it would have been up to a tie breaker round. Haruhi won, but that was the limit of the possibles that round.
Shana may finish 4th overall and not grab a single necklace, and that alone makes the current system perfect.

P.S. I want Shana to win Ruby, and I'm still laughing.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:50   Link #3695
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Isn't it great?
No, it's not great.

Quote:
First of all, every match counts, from Ruby 1 to Ruby 7,
Every match counts anyway, for the fans of the characters involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
...so it keeps you on your toes about where the necklace goes.
Well, judging by the now-obvious miniscule strength differential between some of the strongest characters of ISML, people would be kept on their toes anyway.

Quote:
Secondly, you may get lucky with a 3 vote margin one period, unlucky with a 3 vote margin another period, or get unlucky for 4 years in a row (in the case of Shana and Ruby).
Competitions that value themselves try to minimize the impact of luck, so more valuable qualities like skill, strength in the field of competition, etc... play the roles that they should play.

Quote:
It becomes truly hilarious indeed, only made possible by the fact that necklaces are worth nothing but entertainment value.
Yes, because the surefire way to get people interested in your voting competitions is by arguing that their awards are worth nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
If Kanade lost three consecutive easy necklace grabs due to losing all the key matches by small margin, one of which was something that she (her fans) wanted for three years but continued to fail to grab, then yes, I'd be laughing as well.
Then I guess that's where I differ. Because I most certainly wouldn't be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Shana may finish 4th overall and not grab a single necklace, and that alone makes the current system perfect.
The current system is terrible.

Besides, if it's supposedly perfect, why are you changing it for next year?
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:53   Link #3696
hinakatbklyn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
If Mikoto > Kanade SDO 78 to 60: Kanade outvotes Mikoto by more than 500, Mikoto still wins Aquamarine

If Hina > Shana SDO 63 to 54 (going on ion478's estimated prediction) Shana (or Hitagi for that matter) might not need too many votes to pass Hina for Ruby
__________________
hinakatbklyn is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:55   Link #3697
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Complaints about not getting in more characters mostly...older and extremely newer ones.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:56   Link #3698
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
If Mikoto > Kanade SDO 78 to 60: Kanade outvotes Mikoto by more than 500, Mikoto still wins Aquamarine

If Hina > Shana SDO 63 to 54 (going on ion478's estimated prediction) Shana (or Hitagi for that matter) might not need too many votes to pass Hina for Ruby
Since Yami pulled a win on CC, Shana's projected SDO is 51 now.
RegalStar is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:57   Link #3699
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
If Mikoto > Kanade SDO 78 to 60: Kanade outvotes Mikoto by more than 500, Mikoto still wins Aquamarine

If Hina > Shana SDO 63 to 54 (going on ion478's estimated prediction) Shana (or Hitagi for that matter) might not need too many votes to pass Hina for Ruby
A 9-point SDO advantage will not be overcome, imo.

I will vote for Shana anyway when the time comes, but I will be absolutely floored if she (or anybody else, except maybe Kanade) overcomes a 9 point or greater SDO advantage in a Necklace finale match.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-09-05 at 23:08.
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-05, 22:58   Link #3700
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Hmm...

I'm wondering what the possibility is that some Shana voters backed Hina over Mio because they thought Hina to be the weaker opponent?

And looking at the next round, Yui has a better chance of beating Hina then Saber beating Mio.

Will Shana voters throw their support behind Yui? Will that be enough to overcome Hina? How would that scramble the necklace match?
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, moe, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.