AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-04, 08:33   Link #241
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Recoil reducers, anti-EMP and flashbang and damage reducing augs are the main combat augs that spring to mind.
True, but I've gotten all those without compromising my main 'stealth' build... In fact, I've too much praxis point by midgame that I wasn't sure what to do with them so I left them on standby

... Actually, I wouldn't call it a stealth build as it's more of a... [Unlocking Routes] Build with Heavy Lifting, X-ray Vision, Wall Punching, Hacking and Stealth Hacking, Power Jump and Icarus Landing as priority in roughly that order.

~"EVERYTHING is vulnerable to destruction! "~
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 08:57   Link #242
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, any stealth player runs into the "huh, that's a lot of praxis points" problem. The earlier mentioned "too much XP for stealth" has a lot to do with that.
Old 2011-09-04, 09:55   Link #243
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
I can understand why they made the effort to reward stealth play. It takes a crapload of time, after all, and should be rewarded to prevent the opposite argument (the "why should I go stealth of guns blazing rewards me just as well and is quicker?" argument).

The problem in my eyes is that they rewarded stealth too well. Ghost and Smooth Operator experience bonus already make for a whopping 700 XP bonus for an objective, but non-lethal takedowns also get an additional 20 XP per kill, effectively tripling your XP reward for shooting people and giving a solid bonus for takedowns. If you get double takedown, you get a ridiculous 125 XP per non-lethal double takedown. And that's not even beginning to talk about all the bonuses you get for hacking.
True , we got so much xp that in the end i had 4 points left but didn't know what to do with it.
Honestly , i just needed some Hacking abilites , the strengh abilites & the eyes(see through walls) . For the end , IEM & Dmg protection.

Quote:
Then again, people with full-stealth builds tend to have a lot more trouble in boss battles. But that's only a tiny part out of the entire game.
Well , if they have the stun gun , boss aren't a problem as it's op against them.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 14:36   Link #244
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I can understand why they made the effort to reward stealth play. It takes a crapload of time, after all, and should be rewarded to prevent the opposite argument (the "why should I go stealth of guns blazing rewards me just as well and is quicker?" argument).

The problem in my eyes is that they rewarded stealth too well. Ghost and Smooth Operator experience bonus already make for a whopping 700 XP bonus for an objective, but non-lethal takedowns also get an additional 20 XP per kill, effectively tripling your XP reward for shooting people and giving a solid bonus for takedowns. If you get double takedown, you get a ridiculous 125 XP per non-lethal double takedown. And that's not even beginning to talk about all the bonuses you get for hacking.

Then again, people with full-stealth builds tend to have a lot more trouble in boss battles. But that's only a tiny part out of the entire game.
Exactly, stealth is rewarded way too well. IMO they could've balanced it out well or done something else. I mean yes stealth takes extra time but you avoid enemy forces and such. Going direct combat though takes less time but carries a lot of risk as it only takes 2-3 shots to bring you down. I'd say they should reward you if you eliminate all enemy soldiers or clear an entire area to balance it out.

As the stealth/hacker/mixed combo I was actually able to max out on every augmentation which was a surprise for me.

I'm going to try the "shoot'em up" style and see how many praxis points I get.

In regards to bosses they aren't that big of a deal even on legendary.

All you need are EMP/Gas grenades mixed with mines and maybe a rocket launcher or heavy rifle on hand. In those boss fights there are always tons of guns lying around so you really don't need to carry anything else.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 00:18   Link #245
Sheba
朝、か……。少し、休んでくるね。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Personally I think they got it the other way around- Most people (in forums) I've seen always want to pick the stealth route rather than the direct approach, and given how dangerous even a few bullets are in the game the direct approach is definitely more dangerous, and therefore they should encourage more people to risk it
My guess is that those forum people are those who are tired of FPS a la CoD and BF, and EVERY FPS ever. So they are more than glad to have one with rpg elements that offers stealth, SuperMarioStyle and other things as alternatives to run&gun.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 01:56   Link #246
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I really want to see what happens to Jensen after the ending. I'm hoping for at least another title to the series considering the large reaction HR has received.
Old 2011-09-05, 03:29   Link #247
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

There's a DLC coming in october which will be about Adam's development/past.
Old 2011-09-05, 07:22   Link #248
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
There's a DLC coming in october which will be about Adam's development/past.
Hmm from what I've read at the official site, it's about the 3 days he was on the ship from Hengsha to Singapore. Apparently he wasn't just in the pod sleeping all this time as one would assume.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 13:04   Link #249
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes it's that. I thought that we'll know more about Adam.
Old 2011-09-05, 18:31   Link #250
ZODDGUTS

Probably been posted. But just incase it hasn't. There's a debug/cheat mode mod. PC version of course.

Instructions:

Download http://mod.gib.me/deusex3/no-intro+m...+debug-menu.7z and extract it to the game's directory replacing the patch0.000 file.
Then the Debug Menu can be accessed through the Pause menu (press Escape) at any time.

Features:

Chapter select
Map select
Replay all the cutscenes
Play the E3 demo
Tweak Gameplay options (no health regeneration!, infinite ammo, etc), AI options, etc
"Shop" any and all weapons and augmentations you want

Spoiler for Cheat Mode:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 18:53   Link #251
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Yes I saw that, pretty nice to try out different parts of the game with the augs and items you want.

On another note, I wanted to ask which part/segment of game you guys liked the most.

For me it has to be TYM labs. The great enigmatic music (look it up on youtube: Tai Yong Medical Data Code Ambient ) , bright office and lab surroundings , good balance of "fighting" versus exploring/reading and most of all the laser beam passage which surprisingly was the only time this mechanic was used in the game. I feel like they could've used that at another point again at least one more time, maybe making a second course harder than the first. Ironically when I saw that moving-beam feature in one of the gameplay trailers I thought: Oh god they so gonna overuse that one
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 20:19   Link #252
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

I don't really have a clear cut favorite stage... Though TYM is one of my favorites because it's the only zone where everything went right for my stealth play and I didn't have to kill anybody

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I also favor Montreal alot because everything went right for me and I ended up killing a whole bunch of Mercs Conviction-Style

~"EVERYTHING is vulnerable to destruction! "~
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:08   Link #253
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

just finishing it

WOW what a blast. pretty much one of best level design i ever encouter. i just play same level repeatedly just to see how many thing to do. several point to make.

- the story bit letdown i guess. i expect it to be more complex. but not really bad.
- great atmosphere thank to great art direction and music
- by some reason i found it short because...
- LACK OF MISSION/SIDEQUEST!! seriously there probably only 10-15 mission to do. sure all of them are varies and unique (kinda) but yeah there is few thing to do in the city other randomly talk and walk
- the Sneaking path is very enjoyable, hacking it's kinda annoying which make me last resort other than hacking security hub which is very SATISFYING to use enemy weapon on themselves
- shooting mechanic though i found it lacking by some reason. probably because Eidos dont prefer that why

thats about it for now
Old 2011-09-06, 14:28   Link #254
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Ugh, I want to do a murderous playthrough now but a pistol kill is worth 1/5 of the xp as a non-lethal takedown, WTF?!
Old 2011-09-06, 15:01   Link #255
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

With a headshot you can make it 3/5th. But yeah, still ridiculous.
Old 2011-09-06, 15:02   Link #256
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes ^^ we were talking about it just at top page & previous.
That's why the killing route is much harder.
Old 2011-09-06, 18:31   Link #257
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I'll just try to not upgrade hacking at all. First playthrough I ended up with 50 unused nuke viruses.
Old 2011-09-06, 19:02   Link #258
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ooook.

I'm playing as Vash the Stampede where I'm slaughtering everyone with lethal takedowns and the revolvers with a shotgun. (yes I know Vash doesn't kill but who cares)

I've pretty much maxed out all of my augs except for hacking stealth, fortify, social aug, and stealth enhancements.

What did I do?

Well first off I went to all the secret areas, you just have to go for a second and you'll get the extra 100 or 300 exp. Then hacking and getting all of the extra nodes will give you extra viruses or experience.

If possible, prevent the enemy AI from setting off the alarm and that gives you 250 for stealth operator.

If you kill everyone without anyone seeing you (IE Hostile), then that's an extra 500.

Next off is the social tongue which you get 1000 points. Social AUG really isn't necessary.

Then the third is the money. I did methods that would make me tons of money and at the same time I collected as many weapons and equipment I could find and sell it. You'd be surprised how much money you get selling pistols, machine pistols, etc. Rocket Launchers go for 2000 on the black market.

And then do all sidequests which most of you guys do anyways.

With that you can buy up to ~8 praxis kits plus an extra 10 praxis kits here

http://segmentnext.com/2011/08/26/de...cations-guide/

By the time I get to Montreal I could care less about the whole experience point as I got most of what I needed anyways.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 20:11   Link #259
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yes ^^ we were talking about it just at top page & previous.
That's why the killing route is much harder.
thats also one of my complain. it seem they not recomended to do full frontal assault.

oh the boss fight! seriously so inconsistent. first 2 is reasonably hard but last 2 freaking easy!
Old 2011-09-07, 00:55   Link #260
barcode120x
NS

*Game was WAY too short (I beat the game in 24.7 hours with semi-stealth/frontal assault)
-I only missed one side mission...there could have been way more..
-got about 3/4ths of the achievements (I'm well aware of secret ones)
-I got enough praxis to satisfy my gameplay (full: cloak, hacking, "arm" upgrades, "leg" upgrades, shield, energy)

*Not enough weapons...seriously...and why did they have to take out melee too Q_Q

*Graphics looks awesome, but the textures and some others could have been touched on (like how clothing goes through the wall and sometimes I would takedown an opponent IN the wall lolz...)

*Game was just way too easy. I played on normal, I'm already halfway through on hard and it's still easy. Shoot the opponent in the head or do a takedown=easy. I really think they should have touched upon the difference between the game modes like maybe hard would have a ton more guards, maybe a different style of alertness, or just different pathing/placement.

*Last but not least, lack of a free world!! I know it's an FPS, but there could have been more free world options similar to that of Crysis. You can pick up almost anything in Crysis and use it as a weapon/throw it and even kick a car. I mean you have leg/arm augments, should be able to pick up more stuff and even kick a car..or rather, have a kick or melee option at the least >_>. I remember watching a commentary that said you can "freely converse" with the world. Sounded cool, but when I found out it was just press E on an NPC to have them say something, just like any other game -_-

Enough QQ, I loved this game just as much the other 2. There better damn well be lots of DLC! Despite all my QQ and critiques, the game is just awesome, but it could have been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better!!!!! Anyhow, I'm still on my 2nd play through with a full frontal assault and I'm going for secret achievements. I already missed some so on my 3rd play through I'll try to get the rest as well as do a full stealth approach.