AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-07, 08:25   Link #841
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

That second analog idea is very stupid (at least the placement is)
How the hell you reach the action button that way?

Nintendo really screwed up their handheld this time, only great game libraries that gonna help them.
Old 2011-09-07, 09:21   Link #842
Sides

Some new infos on Beyond the Labyrinth, read more on andriasang.com
Kind of confirmed that you won't be playing the girl, she is the companion to the gamer. The previous PV indicated this, as she talks to the gamer/camera.

3DS Inazuma Eleven this december, more on andriasang.com
It will come as two versions "Shine (?)" and "Dark".
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 10:13   Link #843
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
That second analog idea is very stupid (at least the placement is)
How the hell you reach the action button that way?

Nintendo really screwed up their handheld this time, only great game libraries that gonna help them.
The worst thing that can happen is that version 2 of the 3DS would get the buttons built in. Nintendo said that as it stands, current 3DS can't be upgraded easily because the internal space is full. But all that really means is that the 3DS MKII would have to be redesigned from scratch.

You can pretty much ignore anything that has physical attachments to the 3DS. (That is unless you actually want to play the specific games they are built for). If the attachments become standard they would be incorporated into the next hardware version.
Old 2011-09-07, 10:38   Link #844
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
Nintendo would release a new system with 2nd analog stick just a few months after 3ds. Ambassador or should I said early adaptor would be screwed with 3ds + gundam size peripheral. Not to mention that they need to paid again for it ($10 cost? I'm calling it bs). If the rumour is true, Nintendo would ditch the 3d capabilities.

So where is the plus in all that?
In the first place, there is no news of Nintendo releasing a new system yet. A new little attachment, yes. System? No. And by the time they release a new system, it wouldn't be a "few" months.
And whether they would release a new attachment or new system doesn't connect to ditching the 3D capabilities, unless for some reason, you know the new attachment or system would negate the 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
How Nintendo going to compensate all these so called ambassador/ early adaptor they screwed over?

and do you really believed these 20 games they're offering really worth $80 ?
You ought to remember that Nintendo doesn't have any duty to give you anything. Other companies just ignore those consumers.
If they didn't give you anything, you'd complain. They give you something, you complain they don't give you enough.
The fact they even bothered to apologize and give you something is already something to be satisfied about.

Are the 20 games worth it? I don't know, but I do know it is worth more than 0 games.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 15:14   Link #845
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
The 20 games they're giving out, by standards of current 3ds downloadables, are well worth over 80$.

But my eyes are blinded by how lame that pad looks. And not for nothing, but if the extra pad isn't a precursor to the new model, people will get pissed off.

Like, "here's an extra pad! We're still not gonna give it to yah on the new model with the better battery life! Have fun buying a new peripheral to fit the new model of 3DS!"

Though, this probably won't happen for a year or so, it'd be silly to announce a new 3DS any time soon.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 23:13   Link #846
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, the only problem I see with that attachment, is for those of us who bought one of those "battery extenders" like myself, will it fit that?

My thoughts are not, sooooo..... might have a problem with it~
Old 2011-09-08, 01:17   Link #847
Sides

Monster Hunter 3G confirmed, Hahaha
Official HP
Release date: 2011 (in japan)

And more on it, over on anoop's blog:
MH3G webpage launched
What is new in 3G
Just to make sure people understand it, this is Tri G not portable 3rd. This is basically an expanded version of the Wii game.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 16:39   Link #848
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Monster Hunter on the 3DS. Seriously, anything in the world is possible now.
Old 2011-09-08, 16:47   Link #849
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Monster Hunter on the 3DS. Seriously, anything in the world is possible now.
If you are talking about on a Nintendo system, it already happened with the Wii.
If you are talking about a handheld, then it has already happened on the PSP.

So...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-09-08, 16:54   Link #850
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, the only problem I see with that attachment, is for those of us who bought one of those "battery extenders" like myself, will it fit that?

My thoughts are not, sooooo..... might have a problem with it~
Not really, because then the same third party company will just make one that fits its line of products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If you are talking about on a Nintendo system, it already happened with the Wii.

So...
I think he's talking about it being on the 3DS. This series really gets around doesn't it.
This can only be a good sign, monster hunter saved the PSP, so it can only do good for the 3DS.
Old 2011-09-08, 17:03   Link #851
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
This can only be a good sign, monster hunter saved the PSP, so it can only do good for the 3DS.
Except unlike the PSP, the 3DS doesn't need Monster Hunter, since it already has so many brands that can "save" it.
Like Pokemon, Mario, and Link. And Super Smash Bros.

Old 2011-09-08, 17:06   Link #852
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Except unlike the PSP, the 3DS doesn't need Monster Hunter, since it already has so many brands that can "save" it.
Like Pokemon, Mario, and Link. And Super Smash Bros.
Well I think a little differently. Lately Nintendo's been getting on some people's nerves, so they should probably get all the help they can muster.
And even if they don't need it, it doesn't detract from the fact that it's a welcomed addition to the already substantial library.
Old 2011-09-08, 17:09   Link #853
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Lately Nintendo's been getting on some people's nerves

And even if they don't need it, it doesn't detract from the fact that it's a welcomed addition to the already substantial library.
Like what? And please don't say the price drop, because half of that anger is pretty unreasonable.

Yes, of course.

Old 2011-09-08, 17:17   Link #854
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

So...
What?

What i meant is i never expected to see a Monster Hunter game released on the 3DS.
Old 2011-09-08, 17:19   Link #855
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Like what? And please don't say the price drop, because half of that anger is pretty unreasonable.

Yes, of course.
The price drop was more or less negated by the ambassador program, or so they would have us believe, some people are annoyed still but those people are unreasonable like you said.

The public opinion on the 3DS seems to fluctuate, whenever something negative happens Nintendo tries to bounce back with positive news. Currently, the issue that has people riled up, if you haven't noticed, is the new peripheral that adds the extra pad. It kinda makes your portable much less portable, and the worse problem is that people are starting to get anxious. The more vocal in the community seem to feel that this is just a step towards the next 3DS system, and that things are moving too quickly right after the price drop that persuaded people to take the plunge due to the good deal.

I myself won't make a judgement until the press conference, but Nintendo certainly does a good job of riling everybody up, and now there are a bunch of criticizing eyes aimed at Nintendo to say something good when the time arrives at TGS. They kinda have to throw a good show otherwise public opinion will sink.
Old 2011-09-08, 17:20   Link #856
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I really hate to sound like one of those obsessively biased and one-sided gamers who hate on everything unless the gaming world is exactly how I want it, but I think Nintendo could spring back much further with a brand new series added to their arsenal.

It's been said a billion times that Nintendo recycles their series endless times, but in all honesty I don't care how many times they make new games for their old series. Miyamoto amongst many other did such a fantastic job back then that they still stand today. What I would absolutely love to see Nintendo do is add another series with a fresh new concept. With a solid new series to stand on, they could cut back on the hatred, as well as raise their sales through word-of-mouth. Of course, it better be good if they do.

[EDIT] Gamers are amongst the whiniest bunch on the entire planet. I'm not dragging you all into this- majority of you respect what's good and know what's bad. What I can't stand hearing over and over again are things like the "Console Wars" and complaints about why a company doesn't run the way a consumer wants it to, with no regards for others. Yes, Nintendo dropped the 3DS price. If you already had one, they even thought of compensating you- great. If you didn't have one before, you're in luck-$80 cheaper. Should've been no more complaining, but that's not how the gaming world works.

As for stuff like the console wars- every console has its ups and downs. I love hearing people fight over why a 360 beats a Wii or why the Vita will be 100% better than the 3DS. Then I bring people over and they see my 3DS, PSP, XBOX 360, PS3, NES, SNES, and Genesis. What we have to remember in the end is that every single gamer will have what they like, and it's not going to be exactly the same as what you want. Think that 3DS slider pad attachment looks really dumb? Well, there's probably someone in the world who is very excited. Love Gears of War? There are many who hate it. Personal opinion should not be the basis of argument, yet here's the world we live in. Respect other people's opinions and play what you want to play- it's as simple as that. At the same time, this rule should apply to any opinion in general.
Old 2011-09-08, 18:51   Link #857
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What?

What i meant is i never expected to see a Monster Hunter game released on the 3DS.
No, I was just wondering why it was so surprising.

Quote:
Currently, the issue that has people riled up, if you haven't noticed, is the new peripheral that adds the extra pad. It kinda makes your portable much less portable, and the worse problem is that people are starting to get anxious. The more vocal in the community seem to feel that this is just a step towards the next 3DS system, and that things are moving too quickly right after the price drop that persuaded people to take the plunge due to the good deal.

public opinion will sink.
The thing about the riling up is that there is practically no information on that.
It makes it less portable? For one thing, we don't know how much this peripheral will be used. We don't know anything and people are coming up with ideas like it is step towards the new system and then getting anxious over their own ideas.

And you know, when the Wii remote and all of that stuff were announced, people were also talking about how terrible the use of those stuff were, but when it came out, it turned out to be usable. Maybe it will be the same with this peripheral.
The thing is, there is no certainty. And that is why I think the entire "getting angry" over this thing is ALSO unreasonable.

And as for public opinion.
Hah, yeah, public. The only ones that probably even know are the gamers. You go outside to the casual consumer and ask. See how many actually know about this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
[EDIT] Gamers are amongst the whiniest bunch on the entire planet. I'm not dragging you all into this- majority of you respect what's good and know what's bad. What I can't stand hearing over and over again are things like the "Console Wars" and complaints about why a company doesn't run the way a consumer wants it to, with no regards for others.

Personal opinion should not be the basis of argument, yet here's the world we live in. Respect other people's opinions and play what you want to play- it's as simple as that. At the same time, this rule should apply to any opinion in general.
You have probably seen bad... But...

I wonder how many know, but there are these two blogs in Japanese ran by "Jin115" and "Hachima".
I hear Kotaku has done some bad journalism.
Take that, multiply that by 1000 and add a whole lot of lies, and you get those two blog sites, it seems.

Please visit there, if you ever want despise someone.

Old 2011-09-08, 19:09   Link #858
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
It makes it less portable? For one thing, we don't know how much this peripheral will be used. We don't know anything and people are coming up with ideas like it is step towards the new system and then getting anxious over their own ideas.
Yes, you just pointed out what I'm saying. This is the problem, and Nintendo isn't doing themselves any favors by throwing these things out there to feed the fire. I was just repeating sentiments from a majority of people on the internet (from multiple boards I've been traversing while tracking this development). I myself, however, am optimistic. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, they just have to explain themselves come TGS to get rid of any misconceptions.

Quote:
And as for public opinion.
Hah, yeah, public. The only ones that probably even know are the gamers.
Are you Nintendo marketing circa 2006?

The fact of the matter is that there is a problem here, and it has to be handled, as we can probably all agree that this hasn't the greatest launch for a handheld, especially in an age where mobile devices have the upper hand, so every little step is crucial. That's why they need to pack themselves with more titles from their usual build, which is why Monster Hunter will help. Even more support will be even better. With the hype surrounding Nintendo right now, I have a feeling they will deliver something, otherwise there would be no reason in inciting the masses like this.
Old 2011-09-08, 19:20   Link #859
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
come TGS to get rid of any misconceptions.
Though they aren't participating in the TGS. They're having their own conference.

Quote:
Are you Nintendo marketing circa 2006?

The fact of the matter is that there is a problem here, and it has to be handled, as we can probably all agree that this hasn't the greatest launch for a handheld, especially in an age where mobile devices have the upper hand, so every little step is crucial. That's why they need to pack themselves with more titles from their usual build, which is why Monster Hunter will help. Even more support will be even better. With the hype surrounding Nintendo right now, I have a feeling they will deliver something, otherwise there would be no reason in inciting the masses like this.
I don't even know what circa 2006 means.

Yes, that is true.
...Which isn't really connected to what I said about the public and gamers.

Old 2011-09-08, 19:23   Link #860
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Though they aren't participating in the TGS. They're having their own conference.

I don't even know what circa 2006 means.

Yes, that is true.
...Which isn't really connected to what I said about the public and gamers.
I separated it from my quip concerning your comment about casuals and gamers, it wasn't connected to it.

Quote:
Yup, I'm referring to the conference. It's a conference all about the 3DS, so it has to be important.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds