AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: If you have watched any of these, which is your favorite out of the four?
Deadman Wonderland 7 41.18%
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor 5 29.41%
Seitokai Yakuindomo 5 29.41%
Hajime no ippo 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-07, 04:12   Link #1
Eugene el Blaze
Uchuu Ichi

Red face I'm just gonna leave this here before I go to school

Now that Steins;gate is almost over and the next show I am waiting on ( Persona 4 the animation) I need some new shows to fill the emptiness. I kinda what a show like Higurashi where its a Dark/Psychological show. If not than something like Steins;gate.. I guess you could say where it has a slow pace but picks up and begins to get completely serious. Those are the 2 main genres I want to watch at the moment, but feel free to suggest anything you want. I don't mind. I watch most genres of anime.

Spoiler for Nothing in particular:
Old 2011-09-07, 12:21   Link #2
Echoes

I've no idea how much anime you've watched, but try Paranoia Agent if you haven't already. That's a dark and highly psychological show. In the same vein, Boogiepop Phantom (Don't let the silly-sounding name fool you), is also an excellent entry in the genre.

Oh, and I voted for Deadman Wonderland in the poll, but I've only seen two of the shows, so take it for what it's worth. It's a solid, sometimes gruesome show with a neat idea, but with some flaws in its execution in my opinion.
Old 2011-09-07, 18:18   Link #3
Eugene el Blaze
Uchuu Ichi

Ah I've seen Paranoia Agent in the past.. A long time ago when it was on Adult Swim. but I haven't seen the other show. I have only heard of it.

The poll was just for fun really I've seen all of the shows and I was just adding something to this post just because.

I'm gonna go look up the other show you suggested, Thanks
Old 2011-09-08, 23:49   Link #4
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wouldn't DW be the only option out of the 4 if you're looking for dark/psych? Anyway I chose Tyler(TV), simply because it had one of those 'usually-an-idiot that is actually really smart, skilled, or, in this case, lucky as all hell ' chars like Trigun and Nadesico that I still like to this day, though it is more of a nostalgia factor to be honest. DW was solid, but not the genre I usually like to watch. SYD was a fun ride too, but not as memorable as Tyler is.

You might want to try Requiem of the Darkness, as it has those themes, although it doesn't really have any comedic moments like Higurashi. And possibly Kaiba, although its dark in a more 'the world is very cruel and you're just a single boy who can do nothing about it but be sweeped up in its current' type of show.
Closed Thread