AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-08, 22:05   Link #981
Slick_rick

I think someone had to have saved the class rep. Probably the homeroom teacher but I doubt he got of it without some help. That said, I don't think he's as complicit in the plot as the adults and probably Tokizane. I bet the whole class knew that this was a sham but not about the monsters, and who or what Saya is. I actually doubt if they were any more classes but B. Saya probably didn't ever realize before cause she's always high. I personally don't remember seeing other classes but I could be mistaken. I'd bet the class rep only lives long enough to confess to a non-high Saya and then get killed by Tokizane, then Saya puts that ass out of his misery. She'll of course have to wait till he after he's dead to "protect him" like always.
Old 2011-09-08, 22:26   Link #982
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

It's never been more clear and so utterly pitiful than in this latest episode at how Saya is at utilizing her strength. Without her true memories, perhaps she really is incapable of protecting anything. Hell, she can barely even protect herself.

Pathetic, to have all that power at her disposal and yet be so very weak.

In any case, it's about time Saya's finally started to question her surroundings, though it's a bit unusual that she would just now realize she doesn't even know her supposed mother's name or face. I suppose that could just be a result of whatever it is they've done to her, but still...

One thing I am curious about. If this all turns out to be some sort of perverted 'game' and Saya should lose something should she be the loser, you'd think she would also have something to gain if she wins, correct? I have to wonder what the stakes are here for her victory that would be worth going through all this.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:30   Link #983
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

At this rate, there will be no more named characters in this show anymore
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:57   Link #984
jdeib963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I think someone had to have saved the class rep. Probably the homeroom teacher but I doubt he got of it without some help. That said, I don't think he's as complicit in the plot as the adults and probably Tokizane. I bet the whole class knew that this was a sham but not about the monsters, and who or what Saya is. I actually doubt if they were any more classes but B. Saya probably didn't ever realize before cause she's always high. I personally don't remember seeing other classes but I could be mistaken. I'd bet the class rep only lives long enough to confess to a non-high Saya and then get killed by Tokizane, then Saya puts that ass out of his misery. She'll of course have to wait till he after he's dead to "protect him" like always.
Assuming you mean Tokizane when you say "that ass", let's look at the facts shall we? Just to be clear before we start I think Tokizane is a good guy:

-First episode where Saya is trying to catch the "light ball" and she keeps thinking she is so close. Then, she has that interaction with Tokizane in which time slows and she sees that the "light ball" is actually a "light sword" that again passes her by. This was only shown by his interaction with her. Assuming light is a good thing, its a safe bet hes a good guy.

-Episode 5, where she faints fromt he ghost story, he freaks out (no one else severely freaks out) and obviously is concerned for her well being.

-He hugs her after she kills samurai!furukimono and tells her he cares about her.

-He confesses he loves her and then stares down her "dad" who is obviously behind some of this.

PRETTY sure he's not a bad guy.
jdeib963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:07   Link #985
hanashi

Haha, it sure sounded like Tadayoshi just confirmed that the class really is cannon fodder. "Oh, you're in Saya's class? Then you should be extra careful not to walk around at night." And it looked like Tokizane caught that.

I thought that they were just cannon fodder, but it seems like they've also been manipulated all along. Apparently, none of them ever noticed that the school is completely empty. Tokizane doesn't really know how he keeps getting to Saya (just at the most inconvenient moments), he can't remember when he met Saya, he thought that he was at the school, he can't really explain why he likes Saya....definitely fishy. And yet...it seems like he's being manipulated whereas the class rep seems like he's in on it. I think it's that creepy expression from episode 7.

Spoiler for Creepy Eyes:

Edit: It seems like some people are convinced that Tokizane is a bad guy. I suppose I can see why, but I don't think they would have messed with his head if he was in on it. That would just potentially make him more suspicious to Saya.
Old 2011-09-08, 23:38   Link #986
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeib963 View Post
Assuming you mean Tokizane when you say "that ass", let's look at the facts shall we? Just to be clear before we start I think Tokizane is a good guy:

-First episode where Saya is trying to catch the "light ball" and she keeps thinking she is so close. Then, she has that interaction with Tokizane in which time slows and she sees that the "light ball" is actually a "light sword" that again passes her by. This was only shown by his interaction with her. Assuming light is a good thing, its a safe bet hes a good guy.

-Episode 5, where she faints fromt he ghost story, he freaks out (no one else severely freaks out) and obviously is concerned for her well being.

-He hugs her after she kills samurai!furukimono and tells her he cares about her.

-He confesses he loves her and then stares down her "dad" who is obviously behind some of this.

PRETTY sure he's not a bad guy.
I think you need to look beyond the surface of his actions. You have to ask yourself why does he does these and if the feelings are genuine like Saya was questioning in this episode.

She asks him where was he and why other classes weren't at school and only one teacher. No answer.
She asks him how he got there. He says he was worried about her. That's not an answer to the "how".
And right after that to avoid more questions falls back to "I like you" and I believe the most damning evidence is when she asks him what he likes about her and he seems almost dumbfounded by the question. "Of course I've seen things to make me like you". That's is a horrible line. I think he'd have been better of by saying I saw those breasts and sweet bottom of yours and how could I not like you! A much more believable answer.

He's a mole. Her dad seems much more at odds with some of the methods being done than poor ole innocent Tokizane. He's seems like a nice guy on the surface but a lot of guys seem like nice guys until a girls legs are spread. I think he's just playing his part and that of lover interest #1 without actually real feelings.
Old 2011-09-09, 02:23   Link #987
blue_sora

Oh wow, Yuka-san died. I thought she's gonna survived at the end, but nope, only class rep survived.

I guess Tokizane himself took part in the experiment, he knew there was a monster there and didn't show up at school, or maybe he observed at far with the science teacher. What kind of answer 'I was at school' when he clearly wasn't at school? Does he really likes Saya or it's just a part of the experiment? Or maybe he got brainwashed too so all his replies seem vague just like Saya's 'I want to protect everyone' when in the end only class rep got protected.

Strangely enough, only Tokizane and class rep survived now, both guys that supposed to like Saya. Is being in a love triangle is an experiment too? They were both pictured together in the opening, so maybe they will die in a same episode or something. At this rate, might as well burn the whole village down and let only Saya alive. And I wondered why there was no other character development than Saya...
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 02:43   Link #988
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

The more Tokizane gets close from Saya, the more I want him dead. He keeps lying to the poor confused girl and forcing his (fake ?) feelings on her for shady reasons... Prodigiously pissing.

Also, was it a monitoring plane, right there on top of Saya when she was killing that thing at school? Military project confirmed?
Old 2011-09-09, 03:26   Link #989
Forsaken_Infinity

Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I think you need to look beyond the surface of his actions. You have to ask yourself why does he does these and if the feelings are genuine like Saya was questioning in this episode.

She asks him where was he and why other classes weren't at school and only one teacher. No answer.
She asks him how he got there. He says he was worried about her. That's not an answer to the "how".
And right after that to avoid more questions falls back to "I like you" and I believe the most damning evidence is when she asks him what he likes about her and he seems almost dumbfounded by the question. "Of course I've seen things to make me like you". That's is a horrible line. I think he'd have been better of by saying I saw those breasts and sweet bottom of yours and how could I not like you! A much more believable answer.

He's a mole. Her dad seems much more at odds with some of the methods being done than poor ole innocent Tokizane. He's seems like a nice guy on the surface but a lot of guys seem like nice guys until a girls legs are spread. I think he's just playing his part and that of lover interest #1 without actually real feelings.
It could very easily also mean that he's been mindcontrolled to like Saya and is the "lover" prepared for her for the "experiment" and thus is controlled to visit Saya just when she almost snaps out. He doesn't have to be the bad guy himself but there's definitely something odd about him - either he's in on the whole thing or he's a victim being abused to keep Saya in check.

Yeah that plane was all sorts of shady.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 04:04   Link #990
Sol Falling

I find it funny that some people are reacting so strongly against Tokizane. Wildly disparate emotional analysis here. To me, Tokizane's interest/feelings for Saya (while grounded, surprisingly, in a rather naive worldview) are very obviously genuine. With pretty much the entire sidecast being in some manner or another all about Saya, it almost looks like this show has turned into an emotional exercise of parsing genuine intentions and care from the falsehoods.

If you turn out wrong, what does that say about the way you relate to people? And your perceptions of them? It's kinda brutal if I really think about it. Not that I think Blood-C is doing it on purpose, 'cause if people can't figure out whose proclamations of care and protection are actually supposed to be creepy, that's a damn deficiency.

Well in any case, I found episode 9 to be a very entertaining watch. Like some of the niconico comments say, this show sure be trollin'. I guess this show might be hard to watch if you end up on the receiving end of the troll; maybe a poor proposition from a mass-appeal standpoint. I'm anticipating the final 4 (it's 4, right?) episodes though.
Sora no Method 20/5 :: Karen Senki 5/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 21/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Best adorable shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 04:08   Link #991
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now that we're 9 episodes in and have seen such content, who here thinks we'll see a cliffhanger ending for the TV series, and the story will continue with the already announced movie?

Or it could just be a recap film, which would be interesting to see.
Old 2011-09-09, 04:36   Link #992
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I find it funny that some people are reacting so strongly against Tokizane. Wildly disparate emotional analysis here. To me, Tokizane's interest/feelings for Saya (while grounded, surprisingly, in a rather naive worldview) are very obviously genuine.
I would agree he is sincere if at least he could reply to most basic question : "Why do you love me?". But he can't. "Because we were in the same class" doesn't qualify as a valid answer. Especially when you act so desperate.
Plus, even if he really does love her, he is not helping in the slightest. He keeps confessing but he let Saya fight by herself. If you really care for her, do something!

The only explanation I'm thinking of now and that would redeem him in my eyes, is that he can't talk because of the "trade" with Wata-dog. Those who've read xxxHolic and TRC will understand.

Edit :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Now that we're 9 episodes in and have seen such content, who here thinks we'll see a cliffhanger ending for the TV series, and the story will continue with the already announced movie?
We will certainly have more information about it during Clamp Festival, 2 weeks from now.
Old 2011-09-09, 04:57   Link #993
Faerie

I feel horrible, I wanted the class to just shut up and die already, because their high-pitched screaming was so annoying....

Seriously, shouldn't you maybe NOT draw attention to yourself when you're trying to survive a man-eating monster attack in your highschool? Cannon fodder these days...

--

Loved the episode though, the censoring wasn't as aggressive as the last few times, and it was overall solid.
Would've been more solid, if we hadn't been teased (annoyed) with the same questions for the last 5 episodes.
I understand it's "pacing", and while I like the show, I find it pretty frustrating to be asked the precisely same thing every week without solving anything.
Makes me want to scream "Yeah, we get it, we get what the issues are, we're not totally DENSE, stop repeating the question and have someone answer it already!!!"

Well, I guess patience really is a virtue here.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:03   Link #994
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I feel horrible, I wanted the class to just shut up and die already, because their high-pitched screaming was so annoying....

Seriously, shouldn't you maybe NOT draw attention to yourself when you're trying to survive a man-eating monster attack in your highschool? Cannon fodder these days...
Try putting yourself in their shoes. Do you think you'd act all calm after seeing such an event unfolding before your very eyes?
Old 2011-09-09, 05:33   Link #995
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
There's been 2 fundamental things proving that Saya is not a human but something else (most likely Furukimono too):
1) This froglike creature didn't see Saya as a food, but rather saw her just as annoying
2) And when his patience reached its limit he grabbed and started asking why she was so angry on him; and the moment she said that humans are her friends he became all frantic and attacked her furiously.
Iby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:34   Link #996
Faerie

Quote:
Try putting yourself in their shoes. Do you think you'd act all calm after seeing such an event unfolding before your very eyes?
I did! And I came to the conclusion that I would've panicked, sure, but survival instinct and common sense (and, I guess, having seen one or two horror movies) tell you not to scream at the top of your lungs when something is after you.

That said, this is always done in these types of scenes, so I'm mostly kidding.

Plus, in this case, they pretty surely would've died anyway, unless they'd come up with a better espace strategy. Which they didn't. Because they're cannon fodder
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 06:15   Link #997
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:

Or it could just be a recap film, which would be interesting to see.
They already pretty much said that the movie will be the conclusion. But they also want the anime to make sense standalone.
Old 2011-09-09, 06:31   Link #998
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
They already pretty much said that the movie will be the conclusion. But they also want the anime to make sense standalone.
I've a hard time processing the idea of "standalone" movie when Clamp is writing the scenario.
They may want to promote it like this, but I believe they will tier it, even loosely, with their own universe.
Old 2011-09-09, 07:04   Link #999
ookamigirl

Saya eventually saved what was left of the class... That monster sure was a difficult opponent.
This episode had sooo much blood, brutal! ( ゚ Д゚) The interesting part was there was no one at school but her class. Seems like she's asking all the right questions, but when the answer is about to be given, someone always gets in the way (^_^")
A confession from Tokizane was a bit unexpected at this point (゜◇゜)

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 07:49   Link #1000
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
I've a hard time processing the idea of "standalone" movie when Clamp is writing the scenario.
They may want to promote it like this, but I believe they will tier it, even loosely, with their own universe.
?_?
I didn't even say anything about movie being standalone from Clamp's other works.

I only said - and this is loosely quoting the screenwriter from his interview - that the goal behind the project is to have a TV anime that makes sense on its own (i.e, has a conclusion of sorts and is thus standalone) but also to set up the platform for the movie (thus the movie is going to be the actual conclusion of the story). Whether or not Clamp will bring their universe into the movie or not isn't something that has been said anywhere but bear in mind that this is primarily a Blood work.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.