AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-07, 23:25   Link #21
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Figured I should point out to everyone that the official site has gone live today: http://p-atlus.jp/p4u/

It features an introduction to the game, a page detailing the backstory, and bios for 4 of the characters. Of course it's all in Japanese though, but an eventual translation may reveal a few new interesting things.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 11:48   Link #22
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 11:54   Link #23
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
BRB LOLING SO HARD AT THE MC DESCRIPTION. HAGANE NO SISCON BANCHOU L.O.L. (both Yosuke and Chie are mocked too by the way, but... Yu's/MC's description takes the cake lmao--it's like, fans fabulous interpretations of ba--err, MC is molded into one comment!)

Quick, super rough and summarized trans of the story:

2 months* after the (true) ending of P4, there is a new rumour being spread: There is a battle royale between students channel that appears in the rainy night and those who lost in the battle will be dead in the morning. The program is called "P4 Grand Prix", and Kuma is suspected to be the guy who hosted the program.

... Whether it is an AU where the MC stay in Inaba after the ED, or something else, I dunno. Seriously. And frankly I have to say that the story is pretty... Dark there. *twitch*

*I heard there was info spread on the net that it was 2 years after--it wasn't.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 12:01   Link #24
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The trailer basically confirmed Rise, Teddy, Yukiko, Naoto, and Kanji will be in the game, though we already knew Yukiko and Kanji from an earler screenshot and Teddy is too big of a mascot to be left out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 12:08   Link #25
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
BRB LOLING SO HARD AT THE MC DESCRIPTION. HAGANE NO SISCON BANCHOU L.O.L. (both Yosuke and Chie are mocked too by the way, but... Yu's/MC's description takes the cake lmao--it's like, fans fabulous interpretations of ba--err, MC is molded into one comment!)
It's not like its a lie =V

Quote:
... Whether it is an AU where the MC stay in Inaba after the ED, or something else, I dunno. Seriously. And frankly I have to say that the story is pretty... Dark there. *twitch*
According to the website, it takes place in Golden Week or so. Souji* probably went to visit or something.

*Prefer this name really.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 12:16   Link #26
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
BRB LOLING SO HARD AT THE MC DESCRIPTION. HAGANE NO SISCON BANCHOU L.O.L. (both Yosuke and Chie are mocked too by the way, but... Yu's/MC's description takes the cake lmao--it's like, fans fabulous interpretations of ba--err, MC is molded into one comment!)
Does it mention anything interesting about Aigis? Like why she's participating in this tournament? I'd imagine that's probably a secret to reveal in the game itself but just making sure.~


Quote:
2 months* after the (true) ending of P4, there is a new rumour being spread: There is a battle royale between students channel that appears in the rainy night and those who lost in the battle will be dead in the morning. The program is called "P4 Grand Prix", and Kuma is suspected to be the guy who hosted the program.
So Teddie is only SUSPECTED to be the one holding the event huh? Could this mean a bigger baddie hiding somewhere behind the scenes? I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe it's Adachi again...
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 12:34   Link #27
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Does it mention anything interesting about Aigis? Like why she's participating in this tournament? I'd imagine that's probably a secret to reveal in the game itself but just making sure.~
Nuh uh. From what I gathered from the PV (Since the official site hates me I swear. 5 mins of loading and not budging. ;v; ) there is no indicator why she participates in the event. :x
Quote:
So Teddie is only SUSPECTED to be the one holding the event huh? Could this mean a bigger baddie hiding somewhere behind the scenes? I wouldn't be surprised.
Highly suspected. I mean, it's not like the team will do a RAGE-FIST-CUFF TEDDIE even if they heard "Kuma" from the TV program and even if Teddie is wearing M. Bison-esque garment, won't they? (Hint: Nakama )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
It's not like its a lie =V
Bu-But...!!

... Okay, actually the siscon part is a truth. 8Db I wonder if ArcSys is the one who made the PV though--the fab fans meme are there even when they introduce Yousuke and Chie
Quote:
According to the website, it takes place in Golden Week or so. Souji* probably went to visit or something.

*Prefer this name really.
... Shoot me for not remembering the Golden Week part. orz

And you're not alone in there, me likes Seta Souji name more too ;w;
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:28   Link #28
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Highly suspected. I mean, it's not like the team will do a RAGE-FIST-CUFF TEDDIE even if they heard "Kuma" from the TV program and even if Teddie is wearing M. Bison-esque garment, won't they? (Hint: Nakama )
Speaking of Teddie, it looks like Atlus made a slip-up and revealed Teddie as a playable character in the screenshot below:

Spoiler for Size:


It's of the arcade fight-progression screen. Look near the bottom, it says the first fight was "VS クマ" which means "Kuma", which is Teddie's Japanese name.

Some folks sure have eagle-eyes.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:32   Link #29
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The PV revealed a lot of characters. We saw Rise and Naoto as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:57   Link #30
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The PV revealed a lot of characters. We saw Rise and Naoto as well.
Yeah but Rise doesn't have a battle oriented persona so it would be weird for her to be in (Not saying she shouldn't be in it tho)
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 14:29   Link #31
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The PV revealed a lot of characters. We saw Rise and Naoto as well.
Rise was confirmed to be in the game even before the trailer. She can be seen in the corners of some screen-shots. Most likely commenting on the match. She's obviously not gonna be playable though since she's not a fighter.

The only instance Naoto was in the trailer was when they showed her silhouette. She wasn't in any of the game-play scenes nor was that scene from the game itself. While I don't doubt she'll be in the game, if she's not in the actual game footage or screen-shots it doesn't really count as a confirmation.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 14:35   Link #32
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
They showed more than her silhouette. Look at 2:15.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:08   Link #33
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Prefer this name really.

Yeah, me too. I mean, I know the MC is pretty much supposed to be an avatar of the player, but I just don't feel comfortable giving them my real name (that, and it feels kinda awkward to give a Japanese kid a western name, y'know?).


BTW, something else I'm curious about: If the P3 cast really does appear in this game, I wonder if that will also include the female MC from the PSP version....?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Yeah but Rise doesn't have a battle oriented persona so it would be weird for her to be in (Not saying she shouldn't be in it tho)

Well, maybe it's not really Rise herself, but her shadow version (who was a boss, after all). I gotta admit, the idea of fighting some wacky stripper demon chick is highly amusing (and thinking about it now, I think I'd like to see Kanji's gay shadow make it to the game, too ).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 20:50   Link #34
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
those who lost in the battle will be dead in the morning
Wait, what? It's not going to be that serious, right?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 13:34   Link #35
Accelolita_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, me too. I mean, I know the MC is pretty much supposed to be an avatar of the player, but I just don't feel comfortable giving them my real name (that, and it feels kinda awkward to give a Japanese kid a western name, y'know?).
I have to admit that I never named him Seta Souji. A friend of mine and I named him "Akira Endou", because there wasn't a name yet as I got my game and the name grew on me so much, that I always took that name xD
But it'd be weird if I'd say something like "ljalskjdlasd Akira was so awesome" because I would always be asked "Who's that" so I went with Souji whenever I talked with friends.
I kinda like Yu Narukami (I think it was?) so I guess I'll call him "Yu-kun" from now on xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, something else I'm curious about: If the P3 cast really does appear in this game, I wonder if that will also include the female MC from the PSP version....?
Possible spoiler?
Spoiler for Ending of Persona 3?:



Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, maybe it's not really Rise herself, but her shadow version (who was a boss, after all). I gotta admit, the idea of fighting some wacky stripper demon chick is highly amusing (and thinking about it now, I think I'd like to see Kanji's gay shadow make it to the game, too ).
Oh god, I'd laugh so hard xD
Maybe as special enemies xD
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 16:10   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Speaking of Teddie, it looks like Atlus made a slip-up and revealed Teddie as a playable character in the screenshot below:
I'd hardly call it a slip up. Why wouldn't Teddie be a playable character?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 17:15   Link #37
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd hardly call it a slip up. Why wouldn't Teddie be a playable character?
Because Kaizer Teddy is not Teddy !

It's a TRAP !


But, seriously... 10 Characters ?
Yu, Chie, Yosuke, Kanji, Yukiko, Naoto, Teddy, Aegis... That leaves 2 spots.

Come on. There is so much potential to it.
The S.E.E.S, the STREGA, Maya & co from P2... (tough it could still be release as DLC)

Wonder if they'll add the staff form the velvet room (if someone got to use one persona for each special move, that's Margaret and her siblings...)
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:59   Link #38
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Hmm.. I don't understand Yosuke's comment. Anyone care to explain what's the commentator mock him about? I loled hard at the MC's comment though lol. He's a siscon alright :P
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 00:09   Link #39
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, maybe it's not really Rise herself, but her shadow version (who was a boss, after all). I gotta admit, the idea of fighting some wacky stripper demon chick is highly amusing (and thinking about it now, I think I'd like to see Kanji's gay shadow make it to the game, too ).
This may actually be a good plot device to implement for mirror fights in versus mode. Having the character's shadow split from them and they commence to fight one another.~

Quote:
I'd hardly call it a slip up. Why wouldn't Teddie be a playable character?
It's a slip-up because it revealed information by accident that they most likely were waiting for a later time to announce.


And what's this about accuracy for Yu being a siscon? I didn't think he had a sister, unless we are referring to Nanako.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 00:13   Link #40
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm.. I don't understand Yosuke's comment. Anyone care to explain what's the commentator mock him about? I loled hard at the MC's comment though lol. He's a siscon alright :P
Captain Resentment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And what's this about accuracy for Yu being a siscon? I didn't think he had a sister, unless we are referring to Nanako.
We are referring to Nanako yes.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fighting game, ps3

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.