AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 15:26   Link #1401
Lummie

I want to see Ji-Gun say in front of Ha-ill, "Jini's mine so she'll have to go on a date with me from now on~". I doubt there would remain anything of that smirk of his
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:34   Link #1402
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter's out!

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/13185

Spoiler for 43:

Edit: And here's ChaoticKen's (unusally short) translation of the chapter:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2595133

Last edited by DarkLordOfkichiku; 2011-09-09 at 01:07.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 03:46   Link #1403
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

This is a nice chapter...i can't wait for the translation...go Shioon go!!!
i want to see Shioon fight, and the all girls support him...Sera, Jini, and i hope for a return of Souls in a short time!
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 07:09   Link #1404
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, the chapter has now been translated by A-team!
Old 2011-09-09, 10:16   Link #1405
Xacual

It's kind of regretful that Shioon won't really be able to convince anyone why he was trained the way he was, though I'm wondering if the fact that he ate one of those pills will come up since if I remember right that was the whole reason goomoonryong had to go to such lengths to keep him alive.

Oh also the fact that he had a body that was similar to Sosul's though not to the same terrible degree.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-09-09 at 11:09.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 10:23   Link #1406
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's kind of regretful that Shioon won't really be able to convince anyone why he was trained the way he was
Yeah, as it looks, everyone seem convinced that whatever Goomoonryong did to Shioon, he did it with sinister purpose in mind.. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
though I'm wondering if the fact that he ate one of those pills will come up since if I remember right that was the whole reason goomoonryong had to go to such lengths to keep him alive.
I'd be surpised if it didn't come up at some point. Particularly if you consider that the guy who's boss of the school that made the pill has some of Shioon's blood and is about to investigate it. I'm expecting that he will come to the conclusion that the blood belongs to someone who has indigested the pill, so...
Old 2011-09-09, 17:45   Link #1407
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Yeah, as it looks, everyone seem convinced that whatever Goomoonryong did to Shioon, he did it with sinister purpose in mind.. .
Not really. I mean, the granny seems to think Goomoonryong wanted to make Shioon some kind of super master, and that, if not for the whole mess that led to him having to destroy his disciple's ki center, it would have gone well.

For the murim, it's no more sinister than, for us, planning to send kids to college.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 17:59   Link #1408
Shadow5YA

To be fair, the 9AD was a douche to everyone except Shiho and Shioon.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 18:35   Link #1409
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really. I mean, the granny seems to think Goomoonryong wanted to make Shioon some kind of super master, and that, if not for the whole mess that led to him having to destroy his disciple's ki center, it would have gone well.

For the murim, it's no more sinister than, for us, planning to send kids to college.
I think a more accurate example would be 9AD force-feeding Shioon steroids in order for him to become an Olympic-class athletic. From the way that old lady described it, the method used by 9AD is unconventional by any normal standards & seems to be frowned down upon even in the Murim world.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 18:58   Link #1410
Xacual

But yeah as mentioned that's normally the result of having trained a long time and built up a lot of ki. Shioon cheated sort of to the end result and got a huge amount of ki so goomoonryong was forced to open his ki channels a ton or he would die. They don't know that so they just think that he did it for like anh_minh said, to make a super master.

And yes I know the end result was that Shioon started becoming like a super master but his ability to learn was entirely his own, even goomoonryong was surprised how easily he learned the techniques. And of course he never had any intention of being that strong, he just wanted to be able to defend himself from bullies.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 20:44   Link #1411
Shadow5YA

Yeah, but that's entirely between them and Shiho. As far as the Murim world is concerned, 9AD is nothing but a revenge-driven monster, so they think he was going to use Shioon to help him with his revenge.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 21:34   Link #1412
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Anyone who knows 9Dragons is that he hates the tradition of the murim that demanded his master's death for merely taking him on as a pupil and teaching him. So basically, what Master Granny is imagining is a slap to the face to the tradition of martial arts as a whole - to take time to teach and guide the students slowly and over time. To 'overnight' the nigh sacred tradition of master/student it is pretty much heretical to Master Granny and any traditionally trained martial artist.

They just don't know that Shioon's disposition was already at the level that the teachers and masters strive to bring their students to be at by the time they are considered finished with their training period under a master.

The reason for the slow period of training is so that the master can truly see the character of his/her students/disciples - and yet, weak-turned-strong Shioon still has a very humble and gentle outlook despite the norm for a suddenly weak-turned-strong person is to try and bully everyone back. Shioon has already demonstrated true character by not seeking out those that made life hell for him and beating them up in revenge - nearly every time he's fought, it has been in the defense of others or extreme self-defense - both of these are ideally the only reasons why one should ever use their martial arts in the first place.
Old 2011-09-10, 05:14   Link #1413
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I think a more accurate example would be 9AD force-feeding Shioon steroids in order for him to become an Olympic-class athletic. From the way that old lady described it, the method used by 9AD is unconventional by any normal standards & seems to be frowned down upon even in the Murim world.
What Goomoonryong did was unconventional, but not really wrong per se, since it was working. (Which counts for a lot, in the murim world.)
Old 2011-09-10, 06:32   Link #1414
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What Goomoonryong did was unconventional, but not really wrong per se, since it was working. (Which counts for a lot, in the murim world.)
Goomoonryong was more or less doing "damage control" for what Shiho has done, and teaching the Black Heaven Technique to Shiion was the only way to save him (chapter 26 of "The Breaker").
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:09   Link #1415
Johnny
Working the bags...

Must be the week break were getting that we had some more plot development this time around. We once again learned that Shioon has Naruto like chakra capacity, oops I mean KI. Also Kang-Ha discovered that Elder Kwon is a lying little bastard...

I'm wondering when the mystery person that was put into the hospital will be brought back up...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:40   Link #1416
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Goomoonryong was more or less doing "damage control" for what Shiho has done, and teaching the Black Heaven Technique to Shiion was the only way to save him (chapter 26 of "The Breaker").
I know, I'm trying to speak from the perspective of the granny.
Old 2011-09-10, 16:06   Link #1417
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'm wondering when the mystery person that was put into the hospital will be brought back up...
his mom no
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 10:08   Link #1418
Edijs
Eddy

Send a message via MSN to Edijs
Cant wait to next chapter
Edijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 12:19   Link #1419
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edijs View Post